Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 727569 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #5819: Sep 29, 2018 08:14:45 am
      His head wasn’t in the game the other night, as soon as he came on he seemed more interested in shouting at Hazard and the ref.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5820: Sep 29, 2018 01:55:48 pm
      His head wasn’t in the game the other night, as soon as he came on he seemed more interested in shouting at Hazard and the ref.
      it's possible of two things, personal life problems or maybe anxiety from not being first choice in every game. I'm thinking he shouldn't start today for his own sake as much as the whole teams.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5821: Sep 29, 2018 03:37:29 pm
      it's possible of two things, personal life problems or maybe anxiety from not being first choice in every game. I'm thinking he shouldn't start today for his own sake as much as the whole teams.

each time I think you have reached rock bottom you post even more ludicrous sh*te. Maybe his anxiety is reading your posts and worrying about you becoming a stalker. utter utter crap.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5822: Sep 29, 2018 03:47:02 pm
      each time I think you have reached rock bottom you post even more ludicrous sh*te. Maybe his anxiety is reading your posts and worrying about you becoming a stalker. utter utter crap.
      You made no attempt to debate my opinion. Poor attempt at an insult. I'd say 0/10 would be kind. -10/10 for that. I was contemplating a reason why Henderson was abnormal by his own standards based on a well respected moderators observation.  Do you have any idea why? You are the genius of football right? I can't spend any longer on this message, I'm too busy looking for the dummy you spat out when you disagreed with my post.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #5823: Sep 29, 2018 04:11:26 pm
      Maybe Henderson was doing what Klopp told him to do? Get in the face of their most dangerous player try and throw him off his game? I dunno probs should of gone further and stuck his studs on Hazard's knee after he a scored mind,knock him out of this game.I thought Henderson was o.k,dude just can't win on the forums with certain people.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5824: Sep 29, 2018 04:30:53 pm
      Maybe Henderson was doing what Klopp told him to do? Get in the face of their most dangerous player try and throw him off his game? I dunno probs should of gone further and stuck his studs on Hazard's knee after he a scored mind,knock him out of this game.I thought Henderson was o.k,dude just can't win on the forums with certain people.
      is not that he can't win over people. You said it yourself, he did okay. Some people boast him up to be world class every game, which can get on people's nerves as much as the contrasting opinion. Some people judged him to have anger issues in last game though
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5825: Sep 29, 2018 04:38:50 pm
      . Some people boast him up to be world class every game,
      another complete bollox of a post based on your fantasy world. Who has ever posted he is world class or boasted about him.
      We all say he is a good player doing a job the Manager asks him to do and a lot of his work isn't pretty but necessary to allow others to shine. He was also highly praised by lots of ex managers and pundits during the world cup for doing the work he does.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5826: Sep 29, 2018 04:45:27 pm
      another complete bollox of a post based on your fantasy world. Who has ever posted he is world class or boasted about him.
      We all say he is a good player doing a job the Manager asks him to do and a lot of his work isn't pretty but necessary to allow others to shine. He was also highly praised by lots of ex managers and pundits during the world cup for doing the work he does.
      for someone who likes to accuse others of bollocks you like to speak a lot of it. Kenny signed him so he wanted to give him a chance, but his second tenure here was a flash in the pan, Rodgers wanted to get rid... He gave Henderson another chance after Henderson cried about it and there were no offers. Henderson did well for a season, then after that went back to being normal again. Rodgers got sacked before he could then sell Henderson. Klopp came in and said he would give everyone equal chances. Mignolet and Moreno were bigger problems for Klopp, but this season Henderson has some competition. He was criticized by some in the world cup for not creating, then against Croatia he just long balled everything into nothing. Some praised him, not all. This is the point I'm making,  these kind of posts that big up Hendo into being superman when he is "okay". If people stopped doing that then maybe people wouldn't criticize him as much.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5827: Sep 29, 2018 05:15:21 pm
      for someone who likes to accuse others of bollocks you like to speak a lot of it. Kenny signed him so he wanted to give him a chance, but his second tenure here was a flash in the pan, Rodgers wanted to get rid... He gave Henderson another chance after Henderson cried about it and there were no offers. Henderson did well for a season, then after that went back to being normal again. Rodgers got sacked before he could then sell Henderson. Klopp came in and said he would give everyone equal chances. Mignolet and Moreno were bigger problems for Klopp, but this season Henderson has some competition. He was criticized by some in the world cup for not creating, then against Croatia he just long balled everything into nothing. Some praised him, not all. This is the point I'm making,  these kind of posts that big up Hendo into being superman when he is "okay". If people stopped doing that then maybe people wouldn't criticize him as much.

I gave you a plus for your delusional beliefs but no quotes from anyone saying he is world class only in your tiny mind does anything like this actually happen. YOU cant post any examples because they only exist inside your very weird mind.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5828: Sep 29, 2018 08:23:00 pm
      Today was the perfect example of Hendo at the base of midfield against a quality side. Good at pressing and harrying the opposition but the quality is lacking just passing it backwards or sideways and when he did attempt a vertical pass it was usually over hit.

He didn't once find a player between the lines or in a pocket of space.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5829: Sep 29, 2018 08:25:53 pm

You make kennu sound like jimmy sav..ah on second thoughts let's not go there
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5830: Sep 29, 2018 08:26:15 pm
      Today was the perfect example of Hendo at the base of midfield against a quality side. Good at pressing and harrying the opposition but the quality is lacking just passing it backwards or sideways and when he did attempt a vertical pass it was usually over hit.

He didn't once find a player between the lines or in a pocket of space.

Do you think Jürgen picks him because he can pass a ball like Alonso or drive through and score like Stevie or maybe Jürgen has a pattern of play which is based on full backs sticking on the line very high up and then relying on the midfield to remain disciplined ready to protect them when the opposition win the ball back and we have our two full backs high up the field
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5831: Sep 29, 2018 08:29:04 pm
      Do you think Jürgen picks him because he can pass a ball like Alonso or drive through and score like Stevie or maybe Jürgen has a pattern of play which is based on full backs sticking on the line very high up and then relying on the midfield to remain disciplined ready to protect them when the opposition win the ball back and we have our two full backs high up the field

Why don't you offer us your thoughts on the strengths and weaknesses of Henderson, it's a bit boring with the Jürgen picks him so he is brilliant, or indeed any other player.

In which case why do we bother discussing anything, it's a bloody footie forum!

PS Why do you think we were so much better once Henderson went off?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5832: Sep 29, 2018 08:30:29 pm
      Why don't you offer us your thoughts on the strengths and weaknesses of Henderson, it's a bit boring with the Jürgen picks him so he is brilliant, or indeed any other player.

In which case why do we bother discussing anything, it's a bloody footie forum!

get someone to read my post and explain it to you  clearly have difficulty with English
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5833: Sep 29, 2018 08:34:17 pm
      get someone to read my post and explain it to you  clearly have difficulty with English

Well why did Jürgen take off Henderson And suddenly we look so much more dangerous from midfield?
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #5834: Sep 29, 2018 09:16:44 pm
      Henderson has his strengths, and suits certain types of game, this one against Chelsea is not one of them
      (Please not this is the kindest thing that i have ever said about Jordan Henderson)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5835: Sep 29, 2018 10:07:53 pm
      Henderson has his strengths, and suits certain types of game, this one against Chelsea is not one of them
      (Please not this is the kindest thing that i have ever said about Jordan Henderson)

I think he had an average performance today, there were some moments that infuriated me, but nothing that said he played sh*t (not suggesting you or anyone said he played sh*t :) ). One thing that I have mentioned before and noticed again on a defensive standpoint , Hendo is more ball driven where as Wijnaldum is more aware of defending the space.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but could their goal have been avoided if Wijnaldum was our 6 or if Hendo wasn't so aggressive in his pressing?
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #5836: Sep 29, 2018 10:13:32 pm
      One thing that I have mentioned before and noticed again on a defensive standpoint , Hendo is more ball driven where as Wijnaldum is more aware of defending the space.
      Been struggling for months with trying to find away to say what you have so effortlessly just put into words here...
      Thank you... ;D

BTW... I leave myself constantly logged in and the PC is on most of the time,so it will appear that I am on line even when I am not, that why it sometime take a while for me to reply, it is not me being rude...
      « Last Edit: Sep 29, 2018 10:17:59 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #5837: Sep 30, 2018 02:23:55 am
      Henderson will have his on and off days... Against a technically superior midfield such as Chelsea, he will often come second. U saw Keita come in and immediately knew when to drop, pass short or run into space ahead. With Hendo he doesn't make those decisions quickly enough in the big games hence it always seems that he plays the safe pass under pressure. Compare the amount of 1touch passes played yesterday btn Kovacic, Jorginho and Hazard under pressure and many would have bypassed Henderson. He will have better days.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5838: Sep 30, 2018 11:17:50 am
      Henderson will have his on and off days... Against a technically superior midfield such as Chelsea, he will often come second. U saw Keita come in and immediately knew when to drop, pass short or run into space ahead. With Hendo he doesn't make those decisions quickly enough in the big games hence it always seems that he plays the safe pass under pressure. Compare the amount of 1touch passes played yesterday btn Kovacic, Jorginho and Hazard under pressure and many would have bypassed Henderson. He will have better days.
      I think you are right. Henderson is more effective against the lesser talented players. I also think he shouldn't be paired with Milner though.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5839: Sep 30, 2018 11:24:07 am
      This is the point I'm making,  these kind of posts that big up Hendo into being superman when he is "okay". If people stopped doing that then maybe people wouldn't criticize him as much.
      Do you think Jürgen picks him because he can pass a ball like Alonso or drive through and score like Stevie
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5840: Sep 30, 2018 12:29:52 pm
      When will the pain be taken away and Virgil appointed Captain ?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5841: Sep 30, 2018 02:58:57 pm
      Currently sitting at 29 recoveries this season after 344 minutes on the field, means he wins the ball back for us every 11 minutes
      Milner is at 50 in 558 so has the same average
      Gini 40 and 610 so every 15 minutes

His average passes per game are lower than Milner and Gini with a similar % of forward passes (according to whoscored). He is averaging 0.1 dispossessions (meaning he loses the ball) per game, Gini is 1.4 and Milner 0.4. He is averaging 0.1 bad touches per game, Milner is 1.4 per game and Gini is 1.6. On average, someone gets past Henderson 0.6 times per game.

Lots to work on such as key passes and through balls also having more shots on goal. However, Gini and Milner are having very good seasons and being rightly praised. Henderson is playing well and once again being slaughtered by haters. Now the stats show he's playing just as well as Gini or Milner, I don't agree with this however to say he's playing 'sh*te' and then also turn round and say Gini and Milner are playing out of this world just shows an opinion which is biased against Henderson from the start.

Quick Reply