Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 727796 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6026: Oct 09, 2018 06:29:12 pm
      Exactly that - no doubt the CB’s aren’t expected just to give it to a player because he demands it.
      So if Henderson is as great as you say he is, why is he asking for a pass when there are much better options? Honestly, it is you that should take your head for a sh*te. I have seen this numerous times;

Hendo > Gomez > Hendo > VVD > Hendo > VVD > to another midfielder who doesn't pass back!
      The said thing is, this counts as 3 completed passes..so when his once in a blue moon creative passes miss the target they don't impact on his accuracy stats that much.

Hendo > Gomez > Hendo > VVD > Hendo > VVD > Allison > Opposing striker > Our net <--- that happened, yet only Allison got the blame.

From the way people talk about Henderson it is like they just look at stats and don't watch the games. When Gini plays he is much less frustrating to watch. Henderson backers put this down to "difference in play", there are also the people who pretend to share that opinion because they don't want to get into arguments. There is only one side of the debate that is constantly verbally abusive.

In the last game he played okay, probably a 6.5 and people go on like he scored a hatrick or something, it is really ridiculous.
      In my opinion, he has some okay games, some stinkers and the odd good game.. he's not the worst but we do need better.
      This is opinion, like everyone has on this forum... if you want everyone to have the same opinion maybe an activity you can control would be better than an internet forum, perhaps go play Super Mario or something and leave debating to the grown ups that don't need to write two sentences with swearwords to look cool in a debate.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6027: Oct 09, 2018 06:37:16 pm
      To be fair to Rib there were definitely a couple of occasions when Hendo was demanding  the ball but Virgil, and Lovren, didn't give it to him.

For me though it was nothing more than a case of the CB facing the play and seeing something better might have been on.
      But if there are two people to pass it to, both equally good options Henderson won't be the go to person. I am thinking Henderson is the person to pass it to when there are no other options, because otherwise it ends up back with the CB.. when Gini is number 6 there is less refusal. It is the same role, people treat Henderson differently. I have not seen instances of it happening with Gini but I could have missed it.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #6028: Oct 09, 2018 06:41:46 pm
      Perhaps go play Super Mario or something and leave debating to the grown ups

:lmao:
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 562 posts | 128 
      Reply #6029: Oct 09, 2018 07:30:13 pm
      Indeed mate.

I'm a big fan of Jordan, have never hidden that on here, but not blind to when he's not on top form.

Definitely don't  think he was at his best on Sunday, I know some disagree with that but he will be a major part of our season going forward.

Interesting I'm not a big fan but I thought he had a decent game on Sunday. Guess we all see things differently.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #6030: Oct 09, 2018 07:34:28 pm
      Interesting I'm not a big fan but I thought he had a decent game on Sunday. Guess we all see things differently.

Which is super cool......as long as nobody acts like a tit 😉
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #6031: Oct 09, 2018 07:40:08 pm
      So if Henderson is as great as you say he is, why is he asking for a pass when there are much better options? Honestly, it is you that should take your head for a sh*te. I have seen this numerous times;

Hendo > Gomez > Hendo > VVD > Hendo > VVD > to another midfielder who doesn't pass back!
      The said thing is, this counts as 3 completed passes..so when his once in a blue moon creative passes miss the target they don't impact on his accuracy stats that much.

Hendo > Gomez > Hendo > VVD > Hendo > VVD > Allison > Opposing striker > Our net <--- that happened, yet only Allison got the blame.

From the way people talk about Henderson it is like they just look at stats and don't watch the games. When Gini plays he is much less frustrating to watch. Henderson backers put this down to "difference in play", there are also the people who pretend to share that opinion because they don't want to get into arguments. There is only one side of the debate that is constantly verbally abusive.

In the last game he played okay, probably a 6.5 and people go on like he scored a hatrick or something, it is really ridiculous.
      In my opinion, he has some okay games, some stinkers and the odd good game.. he's not the worst but we do need better.
      This is opinion, like everyone has on this forum... if you want everyone to have the same opinion maybe an activity you can control would be better than an internet forum, perhaps go play Super Mario or something and leave debating to the grown ups that don't need to write two sentences with swearwords to look cool in a debate.

Blimey
      I have to give you ten out of ten for your dedication to being clueless about the game of football

When VVD gets the ball he will look up and see various options - Henderson will be one or another Cm or a full back or a forward making a run - Henderson won’t be able to see behind he will just give the player the option , and then when Henderson gets the ball he will also have plenty of options - and a lot of times he plays the right of option even if it’s just to give it back to the CB - he won’t needless play a Hollywood ball he will protect it but a hell of the time he plays a lot of balls out wide into the feet of either a full back or one of the wide players and then he gets himself into position to be an option again for that player. His work rate is superb , he is always there as an option and can be trusted with the ball - he is an engine room player - people far better qualified than you believe they see a different Henderson than you do.

Yep you have an opinion - the fact most of the time is completely baseless and nonsense is prob why people resort to throwing a swear word at you - it’s prob a result of seeing you saying something remarkably idiotic and stupid - perfect example is you suggesting that VVD stopped wanting to pass to Henderson ( or words to that affect ) - it’s quite hard to suggest you are a grown up when you blurt out complete nonsense like that to try and back up your point.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6032: Oct 09, 2018 08:00:53 pm
      Blimey
      I have to give you ten out of ten for your dedication to being clueless about the game of football

When VVD gets the ball he will look up and see various options - Henderson will be one or another Cm or a full back or a forward making a run - Henderson won’t be able to see behind he will just give the player the option , and then when Henderson gets the ball he will also have plenty of options - and a lot of times he plays the right of option even if it’s just to give it back to the CB - he won’t needless play a Hollywood ball he will protect it but a hell of the time he plays a lot of balls out wide into the feet of either a full back or one of the wide players and then he gets himself into position to be an option again for that player. His work rate is superb , he is always there as an option and can be trusted with the ball - he is an engine room player - people far better qualified than you believe they see a different Henderson than you do.

Yep you have an opinion - the fact most of the time is completely baseless and nonsense is prob why people resort to throwing a swear word at you - it’s prob a result of seeing you saying something remarkably idiotic and stupid - perfect example is you suggesting that VVD stopped wanting to pass to Henderson ( or words to that affect ) - it’s quite hard to suggest you are a grown up when you blurt out complete nonsense like that to try and back up your point.
      I'll ask this and expect no cheap shots, just a well thought through answer. Why is it that the center backs didn't refuse to pass to Gini in positions with similar circumstance than they have with Henderson?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #6033: Oct 09, 2018 08:04:45 pm
      I'll ask this and expect no cheap shots, just a well thought through answer. Why is it that the center backs didn't refuse to pass to Gini in positions with similar circumstances than they have with Henderson?

Have they ? Are you 100% that every single time Gini has dropped deep to get the ball from the CB they have passed to him every single time - because they haven’t Gini dropped deep once when Henderson was forward a bit more and Lovren played the long ball for Robertson which resulted in a chance and a corner.

So whatever theory you are trying to use is complete nonsense - the CB’s don’t “refuse” to pass it anyone - is completely baseless nonsense
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6034: Oct 09, 2018 08:18:11 pm
      Have they ? Are you 100% that every single time Gini has dropped deep to get the ball from the CB they have passed to him every single time - because they haven’t Gini dropped deep once when Henderson was forward a bit more and Lovren played the long ball for Robertson which resulted in a chance and a corner.

So whatever theory you are trying to use is complete nonsense - the CB’s don’t “refuse” to pass it anyone - is completely baseless nonsense
      I have not noticed Gini call for the ball in space and not get a pass, I have noticed that several times with Henderson.
      This is only my observation, but nobody has stated they observed anything else.
      It's possible Gini calls for the ball less, but what is the point in calling for the ball to pass it back?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #6035: Oct 09, 2018 08:23:16 pm
      I have not noticed Gini call for the ball in space and not get a pass, I have noticed that several times with Henderson.
      This is only my observation, but nobody has stated they observed anything else.
      It's possible GIni calls for the ball less, but what is the point in calling for the ball to pass it back?

Of course it’s your observation- you are desperate to look for anything to allow you  to be critical towards Henderson and justify yourself

And asking for the ball and then giving it back is called retaining possession and just keeping the ball moving waiting for someone to make either the right run or the oppo to over commit. We used to do it brilliantly throughout the 70’s and 80’s

It’s clear you don’t understand it all and whilst you focus on finding the negatives with Henderson everyone else will just keep watching the whole team play
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6036: Oct 09, 2018 08:33:48 pm
      Of course it’s your observation- you are desperate to look for anything to allow you  to be critical towards Henderson and justify yourself

And asking for the ball and then giving it back is called retaining possession and just keeping the ball moving waiting for someone to make either the right run or the oppo to over commit. We used to do it brilliantly throughout the 70’s and 80’s

It’s clear you don’t understand it all and whilst you focus on finding the negatives with Henderson everyone else will just keep watching the whole team play
      In my opinion it's okay to pass A B C D E A.. etc.. or even A B C A... but keeping possession is incredibly risky with A B A B A. It causes the attackers to close down those players quite quickly and intercept the ball. This is not the 70's or the 80's anymore, back then the league was often won with less than 70 points even though there were 22 teams. You seem very BPD with comments like "It’s clear you don’t understand it all". I'm done arguing with people who think their opinion is fact. I can admit my posts are opinion based, but you can't.. you are set on stating your posts are facts and I know nothing. It comes across as neurotic.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6037: Oct 09, 2018 08:38:41 pm
      When he pings long crossfield passes it's usually 10 yards behind the player

as usual complete ill informed bollox he has a 89% pass ratio if you don't like  him fair enough but don't make stuff up you will get a reputation like our resident clown
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6038: Oct 09, 2018 08:42:02 pm
      In my opinion it's okay to pass A B C D E A.. etc.. or even A B C A... but keeping possession is incredibly risky with A B A B A. It causes the attackers to close down those players quite quickly and intercept the ball. This is not the 70's or the 80's anymore, back then the league was often won with less than 70 points even though there were 22 teams. You seem very BPD with comments like "It’s clear you don’t understand it all". I'm done arguing with people who think their opinion is fact. I can admit my posts are opinion based, but you can't.. you are set on stating your posts are facts and I know nothing. It comes across as neurotic.

What happens if the passing goes A B B A. Will you be saying mamma mia ?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6039: Oct 09, 2018 08:57:16 pm
      What happens if the passing goes A B B A. Will you be saying mamma mia ?
      That is when Henderson is player B and passes from his left foot to his right foot I suppose.

In all seriousness, I think Henderson played a bit better than his average game against City.
      In the first half he was a bit like a 5th centre back and in the second half there was around 10-15 minutes he was playing more positive than I've seen in a while, It felt like an on par performance when most players were sub par.
      Against Napoli and Chelsea I feel like he was at a lesser standard.
      I have no doubt Henderson will do okay against opposition like Cardiff and Huddersfield after the international break.
      If I were Klopp I would start him in those games then rest him for the Arsenal game in November, then give him Fulham and Watford.
      I just want more creativity against teams like CIty, Napoli and Chelsea.
      There has been one game I can say Henderson was good and exceeded expectations and that was against PSG, but those games need to be more frequent for me to want him in my first XI.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 562 posts | 128 
      Reply #6040: Oct 09, 2018 09:28:45 pm
      as usual complete ill informed bollox he has a 89% pass ratio if you don't like  him fair enough but don't make stuff up you will get a reputation like our resident clown

Maybe my telly is fu**ed then cos it sure looked like it to me at the weekend. Must be the 11% then that are way behind the players. The 89% 10 yard passes are perfect.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6041: Oct 09, 2018 09:29:45 pm
      Maybe my telly is fu**ed then cos it sure looked like it to me at the weekend.

Must be fu**ed
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6042: Oct 09, 2018 09:38:40 pm
      Maybe my telly is fu**ed then cos it sure looked like it to me at the weekend. Must be the 11% then that are way behind the players. The 89% 10 yard passes are perfect.
      Don't listen to Walton regarding stats, last week he was saying Hendo has goals and assists.
      When he was pulled up on it he basically admitted he was trolling.
      I am not sure where this 89% comes from at all.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6043: Oct 09, 2018 09:39:42 pm
      Provide evidence of this 89% please.

Edit: No need, found it.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/68659/Show/Jordan-Henderson

It is indeed 89% in PL, but I also agree on the player ratings that gave him 6.5 so far this season.
      If I pass to a wall 10 times from two feet away, I am sure I can beat 89%.
      « Last Edit: Oct 09, 2018 09:46:26 pm by Ribapuru »
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 562 posts | 128 
      Reply #6044: Oct 09, 2018 10:03:13 pm

89% for the City game?

No I don't think he's good enough but thought he had a good game at the weekend. I actually do like him as a professional football player.

And I don't make stuff up so don't even threaten me with getting any reputation.

If you think all his long crossfield passes were pinpoint accurate then I'm made up for you. Well done sunshine.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #6045: Oct 09, 2018 10:10:47 pm
      According to Squawaka

Pass completion rate for 2017/18 season in the EPL.

Henderson - 84%
      Gini  - 90%
      Milner - 86%
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6046: Oct 09, 2018 10:20:57 pm

I believe Shawspeed was talking about his long passes, and I do recall seeing his long pass success % being quite low, but even without seeing the stats, I think his long passing has been way too off for my liking.

Would someone be kind enough to correct me if I am wrong or confirm it for me? (I cba :D)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6047: Oct 09, 2018 10:30:25 pm
      I have a nice new signature thanks to this conversation.

EDIT: And it didn't work. It was meant to say;
      "If I pass to a wall 10 times from two feet away, I am sure I can beat 89%."
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #6048: Oct 09, 2018 10:35:14 pm
      Pythonesque some of this thread. Truly.

Quick Reply