Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 728148 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6072: Nov 03, 2018 08:10:16 pm
      Today was the exact sort of game where we need Hendersonā€™s calm composed game - he would have helped bring control and shape in the middle

Missed him today
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #6073: Nov 03, 2018 08:43:54 pm
      Today was the exact sort of game where we need Hendersonā€™s calm composed game - he would have helped bring control and shape in the middle

Missed him today

Maybe but we have seen him struggle plenty against tricky midfielders and esp when pressed like Arse did to us today.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6074: Nov 03, 2018 09:05:19 pm

Missed him today

I don't think he would have added that calmness, he has always struggled with teams that press or play high up, and he isn't your technical player that can play in tight spaces and get a foot hold of the game like your Wijnaldum or Fabinho.

The more I think about the game, the more I am convinced a Lallana or dropping Firmino into the 10 role with Shaqiri coming on for one of the midfielders would have helped control the game a lot better.
      « Last Edit: Nov 03, 2018 09:13:23 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6075: Nov 03, 2018 10:09:53 pm
      I don't think he would have added that calmness, he has always struggled with teams that press or play high up, and he isn't your technical player that can play in tight spaces and get a foot hold of the game like your Wijnaldum or Fabinho.

The more I think about the game, the more I am convinced a Lallana or dropping Firmino into the 10 role with Shaqiri coming on for one of the midfielders would have helped control the game a lot better.
      good call about Firmino. I wondered about that before the game, why does he play at the tip of the attack. Needs to play just behind the other two wide strikers in a sort of dipped front 3.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6076: Nov 03, 2018 11:56:57 pm

Missed him today

Yep.

Our players look to him in the middle for leadership, tempo, press and resets.
      Milner stepped up a bit, to try and fill that role, but he's not the calibre of player that Henderson is in that particular role.
      Sorely missed today.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6077: Nov 04, 2018 10:18:38 am
      All of a sudden all those experts that told us that Fabhino was world class and Henderson was finished have disappeared .
      Fabhino is way off the pace of the Premier league at the moment although I am sure he will improve and be a success but at the moment Henderson is by far the most experienced and influential central midfielder we have.
      Hopefully when Kieta is fit again he will bring the extra dimension we need but anyone who thinks Henderson is finished or not worthy of his place are just weirdly biased against a very good Liverpool player.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #6078: Nov 04, 2018 10:28:34 am
      I find it odd how any poster can come in here and claim it would have been different if Henderson played last night.

The fact that Arsenal were able to find space at will between our midfielders shows it was the set up rather than any specific individual.

Football experts indeed  ;)
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #6079: Nov 04, 2018 10:43:00 am
      He gets s much grief but we were crying out for him yesterday. Fabinho had a mare and we lost the midfield battle.

Even after we had gone 1 up if he was available to come on and see the result out would have been a boost.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #6080: Nov 04, 2018 10:46:03 am
      I find it odd how any poster can come in here and claim it would have been different if Henderson played last night.

The fact that Arsenal were able to find space at will between our midfielders shows it was the set up rather than any specific individual.

Because Henderson fills that space and he does it very well hence why the manager plays him in the big games - but you canā€™t make people see what they donā€™t want to see
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #6081: Nov 04, 2018 10:52:10 am
      but you canā€™t make people see what they donā€™t want to see

Indeed.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6082: Nov 04, 2018 10:52:51 am

Nothing to do with Fabhino losing the ball in both passing and tackling then. Anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge would see Henderson was missed yesterday only those with this weird Anti Henderson agenda refuse to see it because they would have to admit they are wrong about the lad who happens to be the Club Captain.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #6083: Nov 04, 2018 10:57:50 am
      Nothing to do with Fabhino losing the ball in both passing and tackling then. Anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge would see Henderson was missed yesterday only those with this weird Anti Henderson agenda refuse to see it because they would have to admit they are wrong about the lad who happens to be the Club Captain.

Do you have a anti Fab agenda to big up Henderson?

Anyone claiming if Henderson played it would have been different is clearly biased.
      We just will never know.

You must have had your eyes closed when the Mighty Huddersfield outplayed our midfield- guess who played in that game.

Stop being so hypocritical.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6084: Nov 04, 2018 12:13:35 pm
      Do you have a anti Fab agenda to big up Henderson?

Anyone claiming if Henderson played it would have been different is clearly biased.
      We just will never know.

You must have had your eyes closed when the Mighty Huddersfield outplayed our midfield- guess who played in that game.

Stop being so hypocritical.

oh come on mate, you've spent all season (along with a few others) saying Henderson should be dropped because Fabinho would be better in the role.

He may well turn out to be better once he's got a season under his belt, and got used to the pace, but for now, I bet Henderson is back in as soon as he's fit.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #6085: Nov 04, 2018 12:28:48 pm
      oh come on mate, you've spent all season (along with a few others) saying Henderson should be dropped because Fabinho would be better in the role.

He may well turn out to be better once he's got a season under his belt, and got used to the pace, but for now, I bet Henderson is back in as soon as he's fit.
      The only way Fabinho is ever going to get better is by playing games. The same applies to Keita.

This is an area where I really feel for Klopp. Do you persist with them even or do you go with something that is more likely to guarantee results seeing how tight the league is?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6086: Nov 04, 2018 12:31:17 pm
      The only way Fabinho is ever going to get better is by playing games. The same applies to Keita.

This is an area where I really feel for Klopp. Do you persist with them even or do you go with something that is more likely to guarantee results seeing how tight the league is?

It's simple.

Fabinho plays in games where the opposition are not going to pressure him in the same way Arsenal did.
      Or he plays a bit higher, as Klopp said; he can play 6, 8, or 2.

Keita has shown a lot more so far than Fabinho has.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6087: Nov 04, 2018 02:50:31 pm
      We just will never know.

I agree, we will never know, but what I do know is, Hendo doesn't have the composure and distribution that Fabinho has, so we can eliminate the possibility of Hendo coming in and bringing that calmness some has suggested.

However, with a midfield 3 of, Hendo, Milner and Wijnaldum, it would have been a near perfect setup for a counter pressing game, and maybe far more productive than the half arsed imbalanced midfield setup ( 2 industrial midfielders & defensive one) we saw vs Arsenal.
      « Last Edit: Nov 04, 2018 03:01:13 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6088: Nov 05, 2018 01:44:16 pm
      I agree, we will never know, but what I do know is, Hendo doesn't have the composure and distribution that Fabinho has, so we can eliminate the possibility of Hendo coming in and bringing that calmness some has suggested.

Seriously mate?
      Like the other fella, you've been saying all season that Fabinho is a miles better player and a much better option than Henderson, but when it comes to Henderson playing, and despite the fact we know exactly what he brings to the team, you now say we can't possibly know?
      Have a word with yourself mate, and don't be a hypocrite.

Henderson and Fabinho have very similar stats, but Fabinho is playing a different role.
      Fabinho isn't giving our forwards time to reset (or our midfield or fullbacks for that matter) and this is a hugely important part of playing a deeper role.
      His long passes haven't been great either.

Composure?
      Hmm, could have been sent off against Arsenal, and lucky not to see a straight red against Red Star for what was a pretty awful attempt at a tackle.

I just call it as I see it, and for me, Henderson is much better in the deeper role at the moment.

These continued attacks on a player that Klopp rates so highly really puzzle me, as does the fact that people ignore what Klopp says in favour of their own agenda.
      It's very peculiar to see people become so invested in a new player that they constantly disparage our captain, ignore what Klopp says, and try to pick apart everything he does on the field.

Fabinho is not, and never has been, a replacement for Henderson.
      He's a replacement for Can, and may even be an upgrade, but as things stand, we'll have to wait and see on that one.
      If he manages to force Henderson out of the team, all well and good, it means we have improved our starting 11, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen anytime soon.
      We'll see rotation (it doesn't mean anyone has been "dropped" ) and plenty of it, but my guess is that the player Klopp calls "my General" will play the bigger games, fitness permitting.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6089: Nov 05, 2018 04:13:06 pm
      Seriously mate?
      Like the other fella, you've been saying all season that Fabinho is a miles better player and a much better option than Henderson, but when it comes to Henderson playing, and despite the fact we know exactly what he brings to the team, you now say we can't possibly know?
      Have a word with yourself mate, and don't be a hypocrite.

What are you on about? Of course we couldn't possibly know if Hendo would have made a difference or not despite the fact we know what he brings, but are you saying we can? Just like we won't know if a Gerrard peak or even Spearing would have made a difference had they played vs Arsenal for us.

Nothing Hypocritical at that at all, unless I am missing something?

Henderson and Fabinho have very similar stats, but Fabinho is playing a different role.
      Fabinho isn't giving our forwards time to reset (or our midfield or fullbacks for that matter) and this is a hugely important part of playing a deeper role.
      His long passes haven't been great either.

Similar stats or not, they offer something different in the deeper role, but it seems Fabinho hasn't settled in our midfield 3 and is more suited to the double pivot.

As for long passes, if you have watched Fabinho at Monaco, you would know he wasn't about hollywood balls or switching play via long balls, he was more the defensive player in the double pivot and keeping the ball ticking.

Composure?
      Hmm, could have been sent off against Arsenal, and lucky not to see a straight red against Red Star for what was a pretty awful attempt at a tackle.

I just call it as I see it, and for me, Henderson is much better in the deeper role at the moment.

Was he not disciplined after he got the yellow against Red Star and Arsenal, or am I mistaken and he carried on making silly fouls throughout? And even if you haven't seen his game at Monaco, you would know by watching us, he is far more comfortable in tight spaces which allows him to distribute the ball better. So yeah, Fabinho is a more composed player than Hendo for sure.

And just like you, I call it as I see it, Fabinho would offer a lot more than Hendo in the deeper role, but in a double pivot. However, in a midfield 3, it looks like he hasn't really settled into that role as the sole hub, but I have no doubt in time when he does, he will be the better option.

Fabinho is not, and never has been, a replacement for Henderson.
      He's a replacement for Can, and may even be an upgrade, but as things stand, we'll have to wait and see on that one.
      If he manages to force Henderson out of the team, all well and good, it means we have improved our starting 11, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen anytime soon.
      We'll see rotation (it doesn't mean anyone has been "dropped" ) and plenty of it, but my guess is that the player Klopp calls "my General" will play the bigger games, fitness permitting.

Whether you see Fabinho as a Can replacement, whether you see him as an upgrade or not, it doesn't matter because on paper, Fabinho is far more suited in a deeper role, and whilst Klopp sees Hendo as a #6, there is still a possibility Fabinho can replace Hendo, whether that happens in the next 2 months or 4 years, I don't know, but what I do know is, there is a lot of competition in the midfield now.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6090: Nov 05, 2018 04:40:53 pm
      These continued attacks on a player that Klopp rates so highly really puzzle me, as does the fact that people ignore what Klopp says in favour of their own agenda.
      It's very peculiar to see people become so invested in a new player that they constantly disparage our captain, ignore what Klopp says, and try to pick apart everything he does on the field.

Sorry, I missed this paragraph.

I see most of these attacks or personal agenda's more as criticism and opinions as I have seen the same people praise Hendo when he has had a good game.

And I have to ask, why does it puzzle you posters have a different opinion to Klopp? What i s the difference in us laughing at Mourinho or not rating certain players that experienced managers choose to play etc?

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6091: Nov 05, 2018 05:22:53 pm
      What are you on about? Of course we couldn't possibly know if Hendo would have made a difference or not despite the fact we know what he brings, but are you saying we can? Just like we won't know if a Gerrard peak or even Spearing would have made a difference had they played vs Arsenal for us.

Nothing Hypocritical at that at all, unless I am missing something?

You and a few others have spent the last few months insisting that Fabinho would be a better option than Henderson in pretty much every match, then you say no one can possibly know that Henderson would have been a better option against Arsenal, and you're trying to tell me that when you say it about Fabinho it's acceptable, but when people say it about Henderson it's plain wrong?
      There's your hypocrisy right there mate.

Similar stats or not, they offer something different in the deeper role, but it seems Fabinho hasn't settled in our midfield 3 and is more suited to the double pivot.

As for long passes, if you have watched Fabinho at Monaco, you would know he wasn't about hollywood balls or switching play via long balls, he was more the defensive player in the double pivot and keeping the ball ticking.

Of course they offer different things, they're not clones.
      Of course he's not settled, unlike your good self, and a few others, I've been making this point all along, and knew he wouldn't come straight in and look settled or be at his best.

Liverpool FC isn't Monaco, and this isn't the French league.
      The football is quicker, more aggressive and more physical, so you're comparing apples and oranges.

Was he not disciplined after he got the yellow against Red Star and Arsenal, or am I mistaken and he carried on making silly fouls throughout? And even if you haven't seen his game at Monaco, you would know by watching us, he is far more comfortable in tight spaces which allows him to distribute the ball better. So yeah, Fabinho is a more composed player than Hendo for sure.

And just like you, I call it as I see it, Fabinho would offer a lot more than Hendo in the deeper role, but in a double pivot. However, in a midfield 3, it looks like he hasn't really settled into that role as the sole hub, but I have no doubt in time when he does, he will be the better option.

He certainly wasn't more disciplined, he continually went to ground, and could easily have had a second yellow against Arsenal.

he's not composed, so far, he's easily bullied off the ball, is slow off the mark, and against Huddersfielkd their (not that pacy) winger left him for dead.

And then there you go again, making a prediction that you "have no doubt", but apparently when you do it, it's OK, but when I say that Henderson would have been a better option against Arsenal, that's "just silly"?
      And you profess not to understand the difference?
      Behave yourself fella.

Whether you see Fabinho as a Can replacement, whether you see him as an upgrade or not, it doesn't matter because on paper, Fabinho is far more suited in a deeper role, and whilst Klopp sees Hendo as a #6, there is still a possibility Fabinho can replace Hendo, whether that happens in the next 2 months or 4 years, I don't know, but what I do know is, there is a lot of competition in the midfield now.

I don't "see him" as anything, Klopp does and has said so, so if you have an issue with that, instead of railing against what I posted, how about you take it up with the bloke who said it?
      It's all very simple to ignore Klopp's words on an internet forum to try and big up a player who for some reason you seem to have become emotionally invested in, but the reality is that Klopp said it, not me.
      Klopp has also stated (very clearly) that Fabinho can play 6, 8 or 2, just as Can did, and yet you ignore this in order to continue this weird "get Henderson out" vendetta.
      It's all very strange.

Sorry, I missed this paragraph.

I see most of these attacks or personal agenda's more as criticism and opinions as I have seen the same people praise Hendo when he has had a good game.

And I have to ask, why does it puzzle you posters have a different opinion to Klopp? What i s the difference in us laughing at Mourinho or not rating certain players that experienced managers choose to play etc?

It's gone far beyond mere criticism, and into the realms of fantasy, where Henderson gets blamed for other peoples mistakes.
      It's frankly ridiculous.

It's not about people having a different opinion, it's about people making definitive statements about how Klopp "gets it wrong" by playing a player he values greatly.
      It's about you and others ignoring the words of the bloke who knows him best, ignoring what he brings to the team, and constantly scapegoating him in favour of what you thought you saw from a player in a couple of friendlies which meant F**k-all.
      Further still, trying to big up pretty poor sides (like Red Star) just to push an agenda that Fabinho is superior is plain silly.

Every man and his dog saw how he got caught out against quality opposition, and while I have no doubt he'll improve, it doesn't change that fact.
      You and the rest of the crew that constantly deride our Club Captain are going to have to get used to the idea that he's goinhg to be around for a good while yet, and you'd do much better trying to understand what Klopp see's in him than repeating the tired social media tropes about only passing backwards and sideways.

You'll find I'm absent from the "laugh at" whatever club threads.
      My only post has been that Maureen is safety first, anti-football. It's something I've always said, and I stand by it.

I've said to you consistently that I won't make a judgement about Fabinho until he's had a full season, at least.
      I've pointed out various things I've spotted that I think he needs to sort out.
      I neither like nor dislike him, because quite frankly, I've seen hundreds of players come in and out of this club, but so far, I haven't seen a single thing that makes Fabinho special in any way, and a few half decent performances in pre-season against lower league and (mostly) inferior opposition was never going to change that.

So far, the lad has had some sub appearances, and starts against 2 poor teams and one good team.
      It was only against the poor teams that he showed anything at all, and even then his lack of pace was exposed more than a few times, as was his recklessness which will undoubtedly bite him (and us) in the arse at some point.
      But I suppose people will just say "it's because he's so passionate about winning" or something equally tiresome and cliche'd.
      « Last Edit: Nov 05, 2018 05:33:02 pm by Swab »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6092: Nov 05, 2018 07:29:44 pm
      You and a few others have spent the last few months insisting that Fabinho would be a better option than Henderson in pretty much every match, then you say no one can possibly know that Henderson would have been a better option against Arsenal, and you're trying to tell me that when you say it about Fabinho it's acceptable, but when people say it about Henderson it's plain wrong?
      There's your hypocrisy right there mate.

No hypocrisy from me. Fabinho didn't have the best of games, so in hindsight had Hendo played, maybe he would have played better than Fabinho, but then again, maybe he wouldn't have. But that doesn't change my opinion on me still thinking Fabinho is the better option if played in the right system.

Of course they offer different things, they're not clones.
      Of course he's not settled, unlike your good self, and a few others, I've been making this point all along, and knew he wouldn't come straight in and look settled or be at his best.

Liverpool FC isn't Monaco, and this isn't the French league.
      The football is quicker, more aggressive and more physical, so you're comparing apples and oranges.

I am not comparing leagues, I am looking at the player traits/skills and see what he can offer that ours can not, it really is as simple as that, that's how scouting goes and forming an opinion usually is.

He certainly wasn't more disciplined, he continually went to ground, and could easily have had a second yellow against Arsenal.

he's not composed, so far, he's easily bullied off the ball, is slow off the mark, and against Huddersfielkd their (not that pacy) winger left him for dead.

I need to re-watched the game again, but from what I remember, he didn't go to ground after that yellow card, and even if he did, he was still far more disciplined, otherwise he would have no doubt had a second yellow.

And composure has nothing to do with being easily bullied off the ball, same with being slow off the mark.

And then there you go again, making a prediction that you "have no doubt", but apparently when you do it, it's OK, but when I say that Henderson would have been a better option against Arsenal, that's "just silly"?
      And you profess not to understand the difference?
      Behave yourself fella.

Since when have I bitched about your or others opinion in wanting Hendo as our hub? When have I bitched about you thinking Hendo would have been a better option against Arsenal? Had I disagreed with you, I would have given you my opinon.

I don't "see him" as anything, Klopp does and has said so, so if you have an issue with that, instead of railing against what I posted, how about you take it up with the bloke who said it?

Well it has nothing to do with Klopp as he isn't the one posting, you are the one posting, so expect people to come in and reply to you.

It's all very simple to ignore Klopp's words on an internet forum to try and big up a player who for some reason you seem to have become emotionally invested in, but the reality is that Klopp said it, not me.
      Klopp has also stated (very clearly) that Fabinho can play 6, 8 or 2, just as Can did, and yet you ignore this in order to continue this weird "get Henderson out" vendetta.
      It's all very strange.

Seriously. No one is ignoring anything, we understand Fabinho can play 6, 8 or 2, we understand Klopp said he can play those positions, but we also see what Fabinho is more comfortable as (6/6Ā½) after forming an opinion of him in his days at Monaco and even for us

What I find strange is not having an opinion of your own and just agree 100% with everything Klopp says.

It's gone far beyond mere criticism, and into the realms of fantasy, where Henderson gets blamed for other peoples mistakes.
      It's frankly ridiculous.

No one blamed Hendo for the game vs Arsenal, and when Fabinho had a poor game, defenders of him were out there calling him out (inc me).

It's not about people having a different opinion, it's about people making definitive statements about how Klopp "gets it wrong" by playing a player he values greatly.
      It's about you and others ignoring the words of the bloke who knows him best, ignoring what he brings to the team, and constantly scapegoating him in favour of what you thought you saw from a player in a couple of friendlies which meant f**k-all.
      Further still, trying to big up pretty poor sides (like Red Star) just to push an agenda that Fabinho is superior is plain silly.

It doesn't matter if Klopp values a player greatly or not as fans, we can still disagree and form our own opinion, and that doesn't mean we are wrong. Just because you feel Klopp knows best doesn't mean it's best, does it? He just feels what is best. 

And again, no one is ignoring what Hendo can offer to the team, we just feel we have a better option in the middle after forming an opinion based on Fabinho at Monaco and for us where he played competitively ;)

Is it silly to have an opinion on a player from a different league and think he is/could be better than our own? Is it silly to think Messi would offer more than Firmino? Is it silly to think Rakitic would offer more than Milner? Is it silly to think Varane is a better defender than Lovren?

Every man and his dog saw how he got caught out against quality opposition, and while I have no doubt he'll improve, it doesn't change that fact.
      You and the rest of the crew that constantly deride our Club Captain are going to have to get used to the idea that he's goinhg to be around for a good while yet, and you'd do much better trying to understand what Klopp see's in him than repeating the tired social media tropes about only passing backwards and sideways.

Seriously, when have I, or the majority of the Hendo dislikers (despite what you think, I don't dislike him) mocked Hendo? Yeah, there are a couple at most, but outside of that, I don't see anyone else. And when have I not accepted that Hendo would be here for years to come? I am actually for the idea.

I've said to you consistently that I won't make a judgement about Fabinho until he's had a full season, at least.
      I've pointed out various things I've spotted that I think he needs to sort out.
      I neither like nor dislike him, because quite frankly, I've seen hundreds of players come in and out of this club, but so far, I haven't seen a single thing that makes Fabinho special in any way, and a few half decent performances in pre-season against lower league and (mostly) inferior opposition was never going to change that.

So far, the lad has had some sub appearances, and starts against 2 poor teams and one good team.
      It was only against the poor teams that he showed anything at all, and even then his lack of pace was exposed more than a few times, as was his recklessness which will undoubtedly bite him (and us) in the arse at some point.
      But I suppose people will just say "it's because he's so passionate about winning" or something equally tiresome and cliche'd.

Which I acknowledge, and I agree, there isn't anything special/unique about him, but you don't need to be special/unique to be an exceptional/world class #6. For me, he has all the traits to become an exceptional defensive midfielder. Whether he can adapt to our league and show them or not is another matter.

I thought he was good vs Chelsea in the 3, but wasn't so good vs Arsenal, so maybe he needs more time to adapt to how Klopp likes his 3 to play, however, in a double pivot, I believe he is far more comfortable and probably the way forward for us if we play him.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6093: Nov 05, 2018 08:50:59 pm

Suffice to say, you've spent all season claiming to know that Fabinho would do a better job than Henderson, and in this post you once again break out the crystal ball and talk about something that just isn't true.

So when someone else suggests that Henderson would be missed, "we can never know", and yet curiously, you are very sure about Fabinho (all season mind) doing a better job.

And now you're also claiming your opinion of one player having "better" composure and distribution as fact, when the reality is that you know, no such thing.

Hence the hypocrisy; when it comes to Henderson playing "we can never know", but when it comes to Fabinho, there's absolute certainty.

I know you get it, and I really can't be arsed with puerile forum games, so crack on with whatever it is you think your achieving with this Fabinho replacing Henderson stuff.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6094: Nov 05, 2018 09:11:05 pm
      Suffice to say, you've spent all season claiming to know that Fabinho would do a better job than Henderson, and in this post you once again break out the crystal ball and talk about something that just isn't true.

So when someone else suggests that Henderson would be missed, "we can never know", and yet curiously, you are very sure about Fabinho (all season mind) doing a better job.

And now you're also claiming your opinion of one player having "better" composure and distribution as fact, when the reality is that you know, no such thing.

Hence the hypocrisy; when it comes to Henderson playing "we can never know", but when it comes to Fabinho, there's absolute certainty.

I know you get it, and I really can't be arsed with puerile forum games, so crack on with whatever it is you think your achieving with this Fabinho replacing Henderson stuff.

Of course it isn't true/fact, but it is my opinion that I feel Fabinho would be the better option because of the traits he has over Hendo, just like many believed Alisson would be the better option over Karius, just like many believed Karius to be the better option over Migs, just like some feel Sturridge would be the better option over Firmino, or Robertson over Moreno etc. It's just how 99.9% of people view things. From sports to films, to art and music etc, it's opinions, something you seem to find difficult in accepting.

And going back to the Leicester game where Hendo had a bad game, I would say the same thing. Had Fabinho played, maybe he would have made a difference and we win 5-0, or maybe not and we lose or draw.
      « Last Edit: Nov 05, 2018 09:19:33 pm by PurpleMonkey »

Quick Reply