Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 730246 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6141: Nov 06, 2018 03:35:37 pm
      Yeah, in the Indy somewhere.
      Search for it if you want to.

He said (paraphrase) "He is an excellent footballer, good tactically, he can play as 6, 8, 2"

I asked you for the quote so why should I search for it, of course he can play those roles just as much as Henderson can, he did play full back under King Kenny.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6142: Nov 06, 2018 03:35:50 pm
      Oh right so Klopp was happy to give Moreno another contract..............;D

He has always given the club captain role to the longest serving player............I doubt Klopp puts as much importance on who is Captain as most fans do the way he hand it out so often!

Read up on what Klopp says about Henderson captaincy.
      It's clear he values him really highly, not just for what he does on the pitch, but also on the training ground, dressing room etc
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6143: Nov 06, 2018 03:36:55 pm
      I asked you for the quote so why should I search for it, of course he can play those roles just as much as Henderson can, he did play full back under King Kenny.

OK don't search for it.

What the F**k am I, here to do your research for you?
      Not a chance fella, I have better things to do with my time than waste it because some lazy arse can't be bothered.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6144: Nov 06, 2018 03:38:05 pm

Klopp said no such thing.
      He said "maybe it's Fabinho's birthday present that we play 2 sixes". (paraphrased)
      Which even if we played that formation for the whole match (we didn't) still doesn't constitute a double pivot.

He also said a while back that he was no longer going to go into detail about our formations, because journo's were too thick to understand, so in future he was going to dumb everything down for them.

You're a fine one to talk about ignoring Klopp, especially when it comes to Henderson.  :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Zi6uY9kV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icxKb06_vm0

I guess all pundits (ex managers and footballers who you hold in high esteem) are thick by pointing out we used a double pivot, right? You are the only one who keeps banging on about this in all 3 forums I read. Even Klopp says it's a double pivot, it's 2x 6's, a different system , the right formation, even going back to vs clips and heat maps you will see the difference in how we set up in comparison to a 433, but whatever, it's all wrong and you are right.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6145: Nov 06, 2018 03:39:15 pm

That's what Klopp said, "he can play 2, 6 and 8" rather than pinning Fabinho down to a specific position, so I have no idea what Swab is on about where he says he does.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #6146: Nov 06, 2018 03:39:33 pm
      Oh right so Klopp was happy to give Moreno another contract..............;D

He has always given the club captain role to the longest serving player............I doubt Klopp puts as much importance on who is Captain as most fans do the way he hand it out so often!

Again -

Why does if Henderson is fit goes into the team against the top teams ? Chelsea.  PSG , City - Henderson goes into the starting line up , if he was fit on Saturday he would have been in the starting line up -

It’s quite clear Klopp rates him highly - calls him brilliant , his general , and he was clearly missed on Saturday

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6147: Nov 06, 2018 03:42:23 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Zi6uY9kV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icxKb06_vm0

I guess all pundits (ex managers and footballers who you hold in high esteem) are thick by pointing out we used a double pivot, right? You are the only one who keeps banging on about this in all 3 forums I read. Even Klopp says it's a double pivot, it's 2x 6's, a different system , the right formation, even going back to vs clips and heat maps you will see the difference in how we set up in comparison to a 433, but whatever, it's all wrong and you are right.

:lmao:

Educate yourself fella.

2 sixes doesn't make a double pivot except under particular circumstances with a rigid system and clearly defined player roles, with Masch and Alonso being the best example.
      We don't play rigid systems.
      We play variations on 433.
      We change formations/systems half a dozen times every match.
      We use space, not formations.

You know what? crack on with whatever you want fella, quite honestly, it's F***ing boring having to explain very basic things, especially when the fella concerned reckons he's an expert after looking at a couple of heat maps.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #6148: Nov 06, 2018 03:44:09 pm
      Again -

Why does if Henderson is fit goes into the team against the top teams ? Chelsea.  PSG , City - Henderson goes into the starting line up , if he was fit on Saturday he would have been in the starting line up -

It’s quite clear Klopp rates him highly - calls him brilliant , his general , and he was clearly missed on Saturday

Last one on this from me, I have never said Hendo is sh*t, he is a very good squad player and probably deserves first team football. But imo his skill set does not suit him to the DM role.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6149: Nov 06, 2018 03:45:08 pm
      That's what Klopp said, "he can play 2, 6 and 8" rather than pinning Fabinho down to a specific position, so I have no idea what Swab is on about where he says he does.

I was asked what Klopp said about him and I replied.

You and the other lad, and quite a few others, have been banging the drum for months that he is Hendersons replacement.

Now that the penny's dropped that he isn't, you and the rest of your little anti Henderson crew are having a collective hissy fit.

It became obvious when I dared to say that Red Star were a pretty poor side, and that it wasn't really a test of how good Fabinho could be for us.
      The Arsenal test probably came a bit soon for him.

It's really funny how you fella's get so offended over people saying that Fabinho didn't have a great game, or faced mediocre opposition.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6150: Nov 06, 2018 03:53:21 pm

Educate yourself fella.

2 sixes doesn't make a double pivot except under particular circumstances with a rigid system and clearly defined player roles, with Masch and Alonso being the best example.
      We don't play rigid systems.
      We play variations on 433.
      We change formations/systems half a dozen times every match.
      We use space, not formations.

Double pivot, double 6 whatever, 2 CM's, it's still different to the 433 we use as Klopp stated and as you can see if you bothered watching our matches.

You know what? crack on with whatever you want fella, quite honestly, it's f**king boring having to explain very basic things, especially when the fella concerned reckons he's an expert after looking at a couple of heat maps.

You know what I have noticed when engaging with you with something you disagree, you come across as very aggressive and angry whilst throwing in sly attacks and insults , and I am not the only one you get pissed at when you disagree :(
      « Last Edit: Nov 06, 2018 03:58:30 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6151: Nov 06, 2018 03:57:00 pm
      I was asked what Klopp said about him and I replied.

You and the other lad, and quite a few others, have been banging the drum for months that he is Hendersons replacement.

Now that the penny's dropped that he isn't, you and the rest of your little anti Henderson crew are having a collective hissy fit.

It became obvious when I dared to say that Red Star were a pretty poor side, and that it wasn't really a test of how good Fabinho could be for us.
      The Arsenal test probably came a bit soon for him.

It's really funny how you fella's get so offended over people saying that Fabinho didn't have a great game, or faced mediocre opposition.

Actually, it was you who got offended over nothing

I agree, we will never know, but what I do know is, Hendo doesn't have the composure and distribution that Fabinho has, so we can eliminate the possibility of Hendo coming in and bringing that calmness some has suggested.

However, with a midfield 3 of, Hendo, Milner and Wijnaldum, it would have been a near perfect setup for a counter pressing game, and maybe far more productive than the half arsed imbalanced midfield setup ( 2 industrial midfielders & defensive one) we saw vs Arsenal.

That is what triggered you. Nothing slating Hendo or banging on about how great Fabinho is/was, just an alternative route in Hendo that may have changed the course of the game had he played.. or may not have, but we will never know.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6152: Nov 06, 2018 04:01:30 pm
      Double pivot, double 6 whatever, 2 CM's, it's still different to the 433 we use as Klopp stated and as you can see if you bothered watching our matches.

Like I keep saying; educate yourself.
      We play half a dozen different formations and systems every match, and every one is a variation on 433, but you can't see that and are wedded to rigidity in formations without considering the fluidity Klopp demands of his players.
      It's the same when you post about Henderson, you just can't see what he brings to the team, completely ignore what Klopp says about him and come out with nonsense like "he lacks composure" etc.

I think the problem is that you don't think you need to be educated about some things, and Henderson in particular, so you just come out with daft sh*te, then play the "it's my opinion" card to hide behind.
      It doesn't make you right, and the fact is you couldn't be more wrong.

You know what I have noticed when engaging with you (and others) with something you disagree, you come across as very aggressive and angry whilst throwing in sly attacks and insults :(

No aggression here fella, I genuinely don't give a F**k, you guys are just pixels on a screen to me. I don't know you, I don't owe you respect or anything else, and I type how I speak.
      I'm sorry if an auld bog paddy offends your delicate sensibilities, but I am what I am; like it or lump it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6153: Nov 06, 2018 04:05:17 pm
      Actually, it was you who got offended over nothing

That is what triggered you. Nothing slating Hendo or banging on about how great Fabinho is/was, just an alternative route in Hendo that may have changed the course of the game had he played.. or may not have, but we will never know.

Oh do sod off with your silly internet sh*te tactics.

You triggered F**k all.

Yet again, something you just refuse to understand, and willfully ignore.
      You say on the one hand that no one can know if Henderson would have been the better option, and yet have spent months telling anyone who would listen that Fabinho would be a better option, and then you claim you are not being a hypocrite.

This is F***ing hilarious.
      Just give it up fella, you're making a show of yourself.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #6154: Nov 06, 2018 04:06:37 pm

Oh do sod off with your silly internet sh*te tactics.

You triggered f**k all.

Yet again, something you just refuse to understand, and willfully ignore.
      You say on the one hand that no one can know if Henderson would have been the better option, and yet have spent months telling anyone who would listen that Fabinho would be a better option, and then you claim you are not being a hypocrite.

This is f**king hilarious.
      Just give it up fella, you're making a show of yourself.

;D from the bloke who thinks Napoli parked the bus.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6155: Nov 06, 2018 04:10:16 pm

I don't think, I know.
      They set up to contain, stifle us and try to nick a goal on the break.
      They had 2 banks close together to stop us getting between their lines, and played very deep.

It was our poor play throughout the team that let us down, they were able to exploit it, because we were poor, and they did a good job of it.

In other words, we pretty much allowed them to come out of their defensive posture because we were so bad, disjointed and out of sorts.
      It happens in football, no big deal.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #6156: Nov 06, 2018 04:14:51 pm
      I don't think, I know.
      They set up to contain, stifle us and try to nick a goal on the break.
      They had 2 banks close together to stop us getting between their lines, and played very deep.

It was our poor play throughout the team that let us down, they were able to exploit it, because we were poor, and they did a good job of it.

In other words, we pretty much allowed them to come out of their defensive posture because we were so bad, disjointed and out of sorts.
      It happens in football, no big deal.

You are now talking sh*t a team that parks the bus and cedes possession doesn’t have the majority of possession.

FFS had enough of this sh*te for one day. Thought he was a grown adult as well.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6157: Nov 06, 2018 04:21:48 pm
      You are now talking sh*t a team that parks the bus and cedes possession doesn’t have the majority of possession.

FFS had enough of this sh*te for one day. Thought he was a grown adult as well.

They set up to contain and stifle us, simple as that.
      Yeah, look at where they had the bulk of their possession.
      In all the area's we ceded to them, because for whatever reason, we couldn't control the game, constantly gave possession away, and looked like we didn't know our arse from our elbow.
      Along with Sevilla, our worst European game under Klopp.

F***ing hell, it's not rocket science.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6158: Nov 06, 2018 04:25:57 pm

The bloke who thinks Hendo can play like Modric but not doing so because the manager tells him to play a particular way.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6159: Nov 06, 2018 04:29:41 pm
      Rubbish and you know it, Gini when he plays there or Fab and neither did Can.
      Players express themselves in their own style.
      Klopp doesn’t micro manage every aspect of their game, next you will be saying he chooses the boots for them as well.

You come across as someone who has read a few blogs and articles of football without ever having played the game at any decent level.

Hence your dogmatic and frankly ridiculous views like our primary source of attack is through the fullbacks. Guess what every attacking team uses their full backs to create width. We are not unique in that aspect despite your constant ramblings!

you must watch the game with your eyes closed Klopp goes ballistic when a player does not do the job he has asked them to do he is very disciplined and he expects his player to be exactly the same. Klopps plans his team in every detail and he doesn't allow any player to just do his thing if you cant get his methods you do not play.
      from the Guardian
      It is all about the full-backs but these days it is always all about the full‑backs. From a tactical point of view Sunday’s meeting between Liverpool and Manchester City is likely to be settled by Trent Alexander-Arnold against Aymeric Laporte and Andy Robertson against Kyle Walker – and, if it is not, it will be because Pep Guardiola has chosen not to take on that fight. Jack Charlton’s observation after the 1994 World Cup that full-back had become the most important position on the pitch seems wiser by the day.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6160: Nov 06, 2018 04:30:21 pm
      The bloke who thinks Hendo can play like Modric but not doing so because the manager tells him to play a particular way.

So you're a liar AND a hypocrite  :lmao:

And this from the fella crying about other people being "snide and aggressive"  :lmao:

Face the fact that you're completely wrong about Henderson, completely wrong about Fabinho being his replacement, and try to educate yourself at least a little bit before you start banging on about how the team plays.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6161: Nov 06, 2018 04:34:26 pm
      you must watch the game with your eyes closed Klopp goes ballistic when a player does not do the job he has asked them to do he is very disciplined and he expects his player to be exactly the same. Klopps plans his team in every detail and he doesn't allow any player to just do his thing if you cant get his methods you do not play.
      from the Guardian
      It is all about the full-backs but these days it is always all about the full‑backs. From a tactical point of view Sunday’s meeting between Liverpool and Manchester City is likely to be settled by Trent Alexander-Arnold against Aymeric Laporte and Andy Robertson against Kyle Walker – and, if it is not, it will be because Pep Guardiola has chosen not to take on that fight. Jack Charlton’s observation after the 1994 World Cup that full-back had become the most important position on the pitch seems wiser by the day.

True.
      I remember Rafa saying that our fullbacks were so important to the way we played, and of course the dinosaurs in the UK press just rolled their eyes and tried to take the piss.

I met him once, when I bought one of those old packages for my youngest lads birthday that got you entry to a box and then the players lounge afterwards.
      I spoke to him for a few minutes, but the amount of information he spoke in a short time was incredible.
      I literally couldn't keep up with what he was saying.

I reckon if you could get to speak to Klopp, it would be the same.
      Both proper football men, they live and breathe it.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6162: Nov 06, 2018 04:38:48 pm
      It's the same when you post about Henderson, you just can't see what he brings to the team, completely ignore what Klopp says about him and come out with nonsense like "he lacks composure" etc.

I think the problem is that you don't think you need to be educated about some things, and Henderson in particular, so you just come out with daft sh*te, then play the "it's my opinion" card to hide behind.
      It doesn't make you right, and the fact is you couldn't be more wrong.

No Swab, I think it is only you who does not want to be educated. You think Hendo has now flaws and has the ability to play like a Modric, Makelele or a Xabi Alonso if asked.

Unlike you, I see his flaws, but also his strengths, and I can see what his strengths can offer us as I have mentioned many times, but I also see his weaknesses and how they can be detrimental to us at times.

No aggression here fella, I genuinely don't give a f**k, you guys are just pixels on a screen to me. I don't know you, I don't owe you respect or anything else, and I type how I speak.
      I'm sorry if an auld bog paddy offends your delicate sensibilities, but I am what I am; like it or lump it

But you do care, you get so heated and aggressive, it's so evidently clear for all to see .  You actually scare me :(

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6163: Nov 06, 2018 04:38:56 pm
      Henderson is nothing to shout about. Klopp is telling him what to do based on his ability, that's how to get the most out of any player.  Hendo is a 6.5/10, nothing to be ashamed of.

Quick Reply