Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 727735 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6210: Nov 25, 2018 01:11:25 am
      Oh ok mate, thought there was plenty of time in between Hendo mouthing off and being sent off.

I was very stoned at 3.30 am though mate.  :D

:lmao: fair enough.

Just heard an interview with Klopp where he said something along the lines of 'we wanted him off'.

I didn't think he should have been booked first time around. Second challenge is a yellow for sure. Must be hard not to mouth off to that useless huffing and puffing c**t of a ref.

Still should have been more disciplined.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6211: Nov 25, 2018 01:23:19 am

Just heard an interview with Klopp where he said something along the lines of 'we wanted him off'.

I didn't think he should have been booked first time around. Second challenge is a yellow for sure. Must be hard not to mouth off to that useless huffing and puffing c**t of a ref.

Agreed mate, thanks for the heads up.

Yeah Captain should know better then that. Especially the game situation and who we have got next.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6212: Nov 25, 2018 11:00:34 am
      Not for the first time this season he lost his head and seemed more interested in having a go at the ref or the opposition. Done the same with Hazard earlier in the season. Wasn’t having a particularly good game and could have put us in an awkward position. I don’t think he’s a massive loss for the Derby though, he’s not offering us a great deal this season an IMO is just a squad player. Not like we lost Salah or Virgil or Alisson for the game, his absence can be easily covered.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6213: Nov 25, 2018 04:29:04 pm
      'A picture is worth a thousand words'.

I wonder what words were running through Jordan's head as he walked down the tunnel & in to the dressing room yesterday.

I've seen some people comparing his dismissal to Gerrard being sent off for a cynical foul. Leaders aren't exempt from losing their heads, however; I do wonder if he's feeling the heat due to his fitness, & the presence of other leaders in the squad.

From now until the end of the season, he needs to focus on his own performance, maintain fitness, and lead by example.

A fit and headstrong Jordan Henderson is what we need. Missing the derby is not ideal, which will require a shrewd operator to command in his absence.

Thankfully, we have a few of them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #6214: Nov 25, 2018 04:54:15 pm

Exact opposite for me, thought the initial yellow was a foul, although Jon Moss being a blind tw*t missed the Watford player literally holding onto Henderson's shirt and the second yellow was a bit harsh. But coming not long after Henderson mouthing off at him, you knew first chance Moss got, he'd give him a 2nd yellow.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6215: Nov 25, 2018 04:56:30 pm
      Exact opposite for me, thought the initial yellow was a foul, although Jon Moss being a blind tw*t missed the Watford player literally holding onto Henderson's shirt and the second yellow was a bit harsh. But coming not long after Henderson mouthing off at him, you knew first chance Moss got, he'd give him a 2nd yellow.
      that's how i think too, Henderson talked himself off the pitch.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #6216: Nov 25, 2018 05:03:30 pm
      that's how i think too, Henderson talked himself off the pitch.

Certain ways to talk to refs and it isn't screaming abuse at them all the time. I know what other players at other clubs do, but you know some refs just clock who it is then look for another reason to give a card.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #6217: Nov 25, 2018 06:06:56 pm

Thought the first wasn’t a yellow because it wasn’t even a free to then as Hendo was being fouled first.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6218: Nov 26, 2018 04:13:41 am
      Looks like we are not getting the Fair Play award this season. Thanks Hendo.  :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6353 
      Reply #6219: Nov 26, 2018 05:35:23 am
      He certainly doesn’t let the ref get away with being a tit. For that I applaud him.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #6220: Nov 27, 2018 06:54:03 am
      Percentage of forward passes played so far this season: (via Echo)

Henderson (Liverpool) 28%

Fernandinho (Man City) 21%

Jorginho (Chelsea) 25%

Matic (Man United) 22%

Dier (Tottenham) 27%
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #6221: Nov 27, 2018 07:16:29 am

Jorginho (Chelsea) 25%

Matic (Man United) 22%

Dier (Tottenham) 27%

I’ve been saying for years the sideways passing is a complete myth. People just go looking for it, he does it just as much as other players. Difference is when Jorginho does it people call it dictating tempo and because Henderson is from Sunderland it’s just called sh*te passing
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6222: Nov 27, 2018 09:19:09 am

Jorginho (Chelsea) 25%

Matic (Man United) 22%

Dier (Tottenham) 27%
      link?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6224: Nov 27, 2018 09:25:25 am
      I've looked at it but the article doesn't say where the stats are from. It's not like he's quoted Opta. Echo isn't what it used to be in terms of information quality, so there's no way to validity these stats other than take a newspapers for for it.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #6225: Nov 27, 2018 09:26:10 am
      I've looked at it but the article doesn't say where the stats are from.

You asked for a link, I gave you a link.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6226: Nov 27, 2018 09:27:31 am
      You asked for a link, I gave you a link.
      thanks, appreciate that but the article has no evidence itself. Those claims would benefit from details such as pass counts, directions of passes shown on a pitch diagram etc...

https://liverpoolfchq.com/analysis/player-analysis/jordan-henderson-liverpool-tactical-analysis-statistics

How Does Henderson Compare to the Top Six?

What Henderson adds to this Liverpool team is clear, however, how good is he at it? The other teams in England’s top six also have players carrying out similar roles to Henderson in the shape of N’Golo Kante, Fernandinho, Nemanja Matic, Eric Dier, and Granit Xhaka.

Defensively Kante is the standout midfielder from top six teams, with the Chelsea star averaging 2.41 interceptions and 2.21 tackles per game in the league last season. These are ridiculous numbers, with Matic’s average of 1.67 interceptions per game and Xhaka’s average of 1.37 tackles per game being distant second places.

In terms of setting the tempo and dictating a game, Fernandinho leads the statistics with a pass completion rate of 90% with him averaging 85.24 passes per game in the league last season. Surprisingly Kante has the second highest pass completion rate of 89%. However, this can be explained by him coming last in the proportion of passes played forward. Despite often being accused of letting Arsenal games pass him by, Xhaka averaged the second highest number of passes per game in the league with 75.63.

The final comparison comes from looking at how progressive each midfielder is, to do this I have looked at the proportion of passes the midfielder has played forwards. Surprisingly, leading this category last season is Dier who played 72.4% of his passes forward. This can partly be explained by Dier playing as a centre-back at times last season. Second place in this category is again a surprise, with Matic, normally thought of as a more destructive than progressive midfielder, passing the ball forwards 67.7% of the time.

In comparison to the other defensive midfielders in the top six, Henderson does not stack up particularly well. In the defensive metrics, Henderson’s averages of 1.11 tackles per game and 0.96 interceptions per game see him ranked 4th and 5th respectively. Worryingly, 4th is the highest that Henderson ranks across any of the statistics, with his average amount of passes per game (63.7) and proportion of forward passes (64.8%) also ranking him 4th, while a pass completion rate of just 84% is the worst of all six midfielders

Until there's evidence neither Echo or this site is reliable.
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2018 09:48:39 am by Ribapuru »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #6227: Nov 27, 2018 09:32:18 am
      Certain ways to talk to refs and it isn't screaming abuse at them all the time. I know what other players at other clubs do, but you know some refs just clock who it is then look for another reason to give a card.

The disrespect from players towards refs in football is ridiculous and I find it astonishing that more of them are not sent off every game. I cannot think of any other game where referees have to suffer as much abuse and backchat from players as football. The nearest one is perhaps Tennis but even then its a lot more respectful, most of the time anyway. I think this sets an awful example to young children and I would like to see this stamped out with a zero tolerance policy, ie if a players starts giving a referee sh*t then its an automatic yellow, you'd very quickly stamp it out.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6228: Nov 27, 2018 09:34:06 am
      The disrespect from players towards refs in football is ridiculous and I find it astonishing that more of them are not sent off every game. I cannot think of any other game where referees have to suffer as much abuse and backchat from players as football. The nearest one is perhaps Tennis but even then its a lot more respectful, most of the time anyway. I think this sets an awful example to young children and I would like to see this stamped out with a zero tolerance policy, ie if a players starts giving a referee sh*t then its an automatic yellow, you'd very quickly stamp it out.
      to be honest, most referees suck. When they stop ruining games every week people might respect them. It's important to set an example and be a behaved player though. VAR would solve a lot of problems.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #6229: Nov 27, 2018 10:53:03 am
      thanks, appreciate that but the article has no evidence itself. Those claims would benefit from details such as pass counts, directions of passes shown on a pitch diagram etc...

https://liverpoolfchq.com/analysis/player-analysis/jordan-henderson-liverpool-tactical-analysis-statistics

How Does Henderson Compare to the Top Six?

What Henderson adds to this Liverpool team is clear, however, how good is he at it? The other teams in England’s top six also have players carrying out similar roles to Henderson in the shape of N’Golo Kante, Fernandinho, Nemanja Matic, Eric Dier, and Granit Xhaka.

Defensively Kante is the standout midfielder from top six teams, with the Chelsea star averaging 2.41 interceptions and 2.21 tackles per game in the league last season. These are ridiculous numbers, with Matic’s average of 1.67 interceptions per game and Xhaka’s average of 1.37 tackles per game being distant second places.

In terms of setting the tempo and dictating a game, Fernandinho leads the statistics with a pass completion rate of 90% with him averaging 85.24 passes per game in the league last season. Surprisingly Kante has the second highest pass completion rate of 89%. However, this can be explained by him coming last in the proportion of passes played forward. Despite often being accused of letting Arsenal games pass him by, Xhaka averaged the second highest number of passes per game in the league with 75.63.

The final comparison comes from looking at how progressive each midfielder is, to do this I have looked at the proportion of passes the midfielder has played forwards. Surprisingly, leading this category last season is Dier who played 72.4% of his passes forward. This can partly be explained by Dier playing as a centre-back at times last season. Second place in this category is again a surprise, with Matic, normally thought of as a more destructive than progressive midfielder, passing the ball forwards 67.7% of the time.

In comparison to the other defensive midfielders in the top six, Henderson does not stack up particularly well. In the defensive metrics, Henderson’s averages of 1.11 tackles per game and 0.96 interceptions per game see him ranked 4th and 5th respectively. Worryingly, 4th is the highest that Henderson ranks across any of the statistics, with his average amount of passes per game (63.7) and proportion of forward passes (64.8%) also ranking him 4th, while a pass completion rate of just 84% is the worst of all six midfielders

Until there's evidence neither Echo or this site is reliable.

It would only benefit planks like yourself who will continue to slate a player regardless of what you are told.

It’s always the same - someone like yourself slates a player ,  an article is produced that dismisses a lot of the claims and people like yourself immediately leap to try and counter with the first finger being pointed towards the integrity of the author.

Maybe you are wrong in regards Henderson - have you thought about that
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #6230: Nov 27, 2018 02:22:31 pm
      It would only benefit planks like yourself who will continue to slate a player regardless of what you are told.

It’s always the same - someone like yourself slates a player ,  an article is produced that dismisses a lot of the claims and people like yourself immediately leap to try and counter with the first finger being pointed towards the integrity of the author.

An article from a source that always praises Henderson and blasts Fabinho at every opportunity? Hmm.. I would be skeptical about their data because it would be really clearly biased
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #6231: Nov 27, 2018 02:29:50 pm

Actually, no he isn't wrong nor he is right. Neither are you. Everyone has an opinion, and nothing is black and white.The Henderson debate is divided into 3 camps, set of fans think he is cr@p, 2nd camp think he is a decent player, excellent squad player and the 3rd camp think he is a vital player for our title winning team. None of those camps are wrong, everyone bases his/her opinion on what they watch. I probably fall into the 2nd camp because I like a midfielder who can carry the ball, play a good pass and try to create chances. You can argue roles tactics all you want but I prefer to have midfielders finding players in space with their passes.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6232: Nov 27, 2018 02:55:33 pm

Why are you calling me a plank for simply providing evidence that there's a lot of incorrect stats floating around? Hendo is like Marmite, except that some people value him as a decent squad player. It's when people try to say he's the best in the league it gets on people's nerves. About being me a plank, you're a wet paper towel. Happy you've regressed things to child like playground insults? I didn't come here with negative stats until ridiculous unfounded bias claims were made in an article with no real source, evidence, diagrams.. etc.. might as well start reading Metro if Echo is going to print stuff like that and...ads allover the place, popups, forced polls... not what it used to be.

It would be incredibly difficult to get such stats accurately, Opta.. etc could do it. If they did it then it would have been sourced, this Echo article give credit to a random Twitter at the end.
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2018 03:14:16 pm by Ribapuru »

Quick Reply