Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 730835 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6532: Dec 12, 2018 09:41:21 pm
      Henderson was decent last night. Henderson could have had two assists but our forwards were off the mark. I think that it was his best game of the season yesterday. He did play a bit better than Milner and Gini, but they were a bit average yesterday. I'd give Henderson 6.8/10 but Gini and Milner 6/10 for yesterday. Honestly speaking the only person who should get much higher is Alisson ... 10/10 for him.

I'm not expecting Henderson to keep this up though.. probably a one off.

6.8 Why? not 7.  Easy to see through your hating of Henderson.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6533: Dec 12, 2018 09:48:21 pm
      Lucas went from DM to CB, I think Henderson would be better at it though

I am struggling to see Hendo as a CB, I don't think he has the attributes to play there, but I am curious to know what you see that I can not.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6534: Dec 12, 2018 09:48:46 pm
      Last 10 minutes in first half he went quiet. He blasted it over a couple of times.. he also had a cracking shot and could have had assists... but he did let a player drift past him and also passed to Robinson when there was a better option... but most of the game he was defensively solid. 6.8 is fair in my opinion.

Some papers gave him 6.5, but I thought he did a bit better.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6535: Dec 12, 2018 09:53:40 pm
      I am struggling to see Hendo as a CB, I don't think he has the attributes to play there, but I am curious to know what you see that I can not.
      He can get tackles in and win balls. That's it really.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #6536: Dec 12, 2018 09:54:39 pm

What & not pass sideways and let players drift pass him.. 🙄
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #6537: Dec 12, 2018 09:54:45 pm
      If I read your post correctly then should it not be 6.75 his rating?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6538: Dec 12, 2018 09:56:12 pm
      What & not pass sideways and let players drift pass him.. 🙄
      I'm sure there is less space at the back for that to happen so frequently. If you look at Lovren yesterday, he almost lost it for us at the end. Thank goodness Alisson was alert. Gotta be better than Lovren.

https://youtu.be/7bd05D2U-Qw

Lovren was playing Dodgeball.
      « Last Edit: Dec 12, 2018 10:01:08 pm by Ribapuru »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #6539: Dec 12, 2018 10:08:36 pm
      Because they are different players and play the game differently hence why he will use the players depending on the opposition - that’s pretty simple really

Sorry I’m not sure what that last bit is supposed to be countering ?

Think about it players are a commodity/ asset at the end of the day and to maximise your book value for them is to have them tied down to a long term contract.

Otherwise you risk them running down their contract plus in their last few years your bargaining power is considerably weaker than a player in a long term contract.

Club won't want to make another Can mistake.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6540: Dec 12, 2018 10:11:18 pm
      Think about it players are a commodity/ asset at the end of the day and to maximise your book value for them is to have them tied down to a long term contract.

Otherwise you risk them running down their contract plus in their last few years your bargaining power is considerably weaker than a player in a long term contract.

Club won't want to make another Can mistake.
      Yeah. In today's market Henderson is probably worth 35m or something. He's not my first choice but a good member to have in the squad and certainly don't want him doing a Can.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #6541: Dec 12, 2018 10:12:51 pm
      Henderson was decent last night. Henderson could have had two assists but our forwards were off the mark. I think that it was his best game of the season yesterday. He did play a bit better than Milner and Gini, but they were a bit average yesterday. I'd give Henderson 6.8/10 but Gini and Milner 6/10 for yesterday.

Every player Good, Bad or indifferent will have  games where they play above some of there average game play, It is about that game play and how consistant you are. Players Like Messi, and Ronaldo are great World Class player and preform like that consistently thier average, but when they have a above average game that are truly magnificent...

Players like Lallana and Henderson games are average so on occasion they have an above average game an d some here will rave about it and try and justify why they are import to the club when others see them for what they are "Average Players"

Take Lallana The other night, play a beautiful pass for a goal, and some where raving about it. I did not point it out at the team as I was caught up in the excitement of the win and Mo Salah's brilliant hat trick, But making one great pass in a 100 is hardly consistently great is it...??

Some players will hit wonder strikes and many never score another goal in thier Career does it make them great players...??
      Consistency in play is the key. And Henderson and Lallana for me, are simple consistently average players with consistently average performances

I'm not expecting Henderson to keep this up though.. probably a one off.

Totally agree with you on that
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6542: Dec 12, 2018 10:12:58 pm

I don't think tackling is one of his forte, nor does he have a good aerial presence. I see his defensive game more about pressing and pressure, and on top of that, he covers ground as good as anyone in world football. Personally, I don't see his attributes are suited in playing the CB role. Fabinho is the closest we have to a Lucas, therefore the better fit imo.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6543: Dec 12, 2018 10:14:29 pm
      Henderson plays a lone 6 (ish)

Fabinho has yet to play as a lone 6 (ish)

In effect, he has Wijnaldum there as a minder, so saying both Henderson and Fabinho play the same role is wrong.

I wonder why Henderson doesn't need Wijnaldum beside him, but Fabinho does.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6544: Dec 12, 2018 10:15:51 pm
      I don't think tackling is one of his forte, nor does he have a good aerial presence. I see his defensive game more about pressing and pressure, and on top of that, he covers ground as good as anyone in world football. Personally, I don't see his attributes are suited in playing the CB role. Fabinho is the closest we have to a Lucas, therefore the better fit imo.
      you're probably right because a few people said Fabinho and he's played RB before right? I'm expecting one of our DM to go CB for six weeks anyway.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #6545: Dec 12, 2018 10:37:12 pm
      Proper head scratcher, that one.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #6546: Dec 12, 2018 10:40:23 pm
      I could say the same about his post! 
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6547: Dec 12, 2018 11:55:42 pm
      Henderson plays a lone 6 (ish)

Fabinho has yet to play as a lone 6 (ish)

In effect, he has Wijnaldum there as a minder, so saying both Henderson and Fabinho play the same role is wrong.

I wonder why Henderson doesn't need Wijnaldum beside him, but Fabinho does.

I think that when Henderson and Wijnaldum are together that even though Henderson might be the 6
      he can still go and do the role of the 8 and Wijnaldum would then cover at the 6. 
      I don't think Fabinho does that so it becomes much more rigid in that Fabinho is the out and out 6 and Wijnaldum the 8,
      so then it becomes the two of them performing as two deeper midfielders where Fabinho is the destroyer.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6548: Dec 13, 2018 12:22:01 pm
      I think that when Henderson and Wijnaldum are together that even though Henderson might be the 6
      he can still go and do the role of the 8 and Wijnaldum would then cover at the 6. 
      I don't think Fabinho does that so it becomes much more rigid in that Fabinho is the out and out 6 and Wijnaldum the 8,
      so then it becomes the two of them performing as two deeper midfielders where Fabinho is the destroyer.

I understand what you're saying, but Henderson spends probably 90% of his time as the deepest player, with Milner and Wijnaldum covering the full backs to one degree or another.

Fabinho is the one who gets forwards most with Wijnaldum covering.

So the question remains; if Fabinho is so much better in the 6 (ish) role (according to some) why does he need a minder to play deep.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #6549: Dec 13, 2018 12:32:50 pm
      This one reminds me of the Lucas player thread...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #6550: Dec 13, 2018 12:59:30 pm
      I understand what you're saying, but Henderson spends probably 90% of his time as the deepest player, with Milner and Wijnaldum covering the full backs to one degree or another.

Fabinho is the one who gets forwards most with Wijnaldum covering.

So the question remains; if Fabinho is so much better in the 6 (ish) role (according to some) why does he need a minder to play deep.

Where is this he needs a minder theory of yours coming from?

The last few games he has started we have played a 4231 to accommodate Shaq because of the lack of creativity from midfield hence the need for two defensive mids.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,932 posts | 3404 
      Reply #6551: Dec 13, 2018 01:04:24 pm
      Where is this he needs a minder theory of yours coming from?

The last few games he has started we have played a 4231 to accommodate Shaq because of the lack of creativity from midfield hence the need for two defensive mids.

The point I believe that was being made is when Henderson plays he seems to be on his own in the middle as the DM ,  when it’s Fabinho he has Gini sat next to him as a second DM. We haven’t seen how Fabinho will play yet as that one sitting DM
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6552: Dec 13, 2018 01:15:07 pm
      The point I believe that was being made is when Henderson plays he seems to be on his own in the middle as the DM ,  when it’s Fabinho he has Gini sat next to him as a second DM. We haven’t seen how Fabinho will play yet as that one sitting DM

Exactly.
      And yet all we hear is that Fabinho plays the same position.
      He doesn't.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #6553: Dec 13, 2018 01:58:22 pm

So are you suggesting Henderson can not play in a 2 if we play 4231?

I have always suspected the reason Klopp changed from his preferred 4231 at Dortmund to the 433 here was the lack of players to play that system, will be interesting to see if he moves more to the 4231 in future.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,932 posts | 3404 
      Reply #6554: Dec 13, 2018 02:01:34 pm
      So are you suggesting Henderson can not play in a 2 if we play 4231?

I have always suspected the reason Klopp changed from his preferred 4231 at Dortmund to the 433 here was the lack of players to play that system, will be interesting to see if he moves more to the 4231 in future.

I don’t believe I have suggested anything of the sort  ???

Quick Reply