Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 730180 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6693: Feb 24, 2019 05:28:50 pm
      Take a step back and look at what that united midfield did against us and then say those two were clueless.

Absurd comment.

The front 3 got the ball plenty but did F**k all with it

I agree with the first two lines and the third to an extent. One thing I'd like to see are the areas in which our front 3 received the ball today because off the top of my head they didn't receive it in danger areas very often. It seemed like we just fed the ball into their feet and expected them to do everything else. They're all more than capable of doing that but sometimes it's not going to work.

One thing I wish Henderson (and the rest of the team) would try and do more often is shoot from outside the box. He's shown in the past that he can score some worldies but I haven't seem many attempts from our midfielders in recent games.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #6694: Feb 24, 2019 05:31:43 pm
      The problem with Henderson as a box to box is the same it's always been, when carrying the ball, he nearly always goes for the easy option out wide, and rarely ever beats his man or tries anything different through the middle. Didn't see anything different from that today. Not saying he was poor, but in hindsight Keita might have offered more; in terms of his characteristics at least, he's more capable of doing that. Thought Fabinho was possibly our best player and Gini was also decent. The attacking trio left much to be desired though. It's a team sport after all
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6695: Feb 24, 2019 05:33:43 pm
      To simply blame the front 3 is simplistic at best, at worst just ignorant
      « Last Edit: Feb 24, 2019 05:40:00 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,915 posts | 819 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #6696: Feb 24, 2019 05:37:18 pm
      Take a step back and look at what that united midfield did against us and then say those two were clueless.

Absurd comment.

The front 3 got the ball plenty but did f**k all with it

There was so much space for our midfield to get forward but no one apart from Fabinho looked interested in attacked it.

Hendo is good for certain situations and games but not when you need to dominate in attacking, aggressive manner which is what the game craved today, he is just not that type of player.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #6697: Feb 24, 2019 05:43:08 pm
      I agree with your last statement

But aimed at yourself - to say he was clueless clearly shows lack of ability to watch the game , everything in front of him was limited , slow and zero touch but Henderson just kept going and going trying to prob all game long , played some great balls but poor quality from the three in front

Would have taken Fabinho off and put Keita on

Yes we are aware of your love affair with Hendo fortunately Klopp saw how useless Henderson was in the attacking side of the game.
      Which great balls did he play btw, remind me when once did he once break the lines, admittedly same is true of Gini.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3399 
      Reply #6698: Feb 24, 2019 05:53:12 pm
      Yes we are aware of your love affair with Hendo fortunately Klopp saw how useless Henderson was in the attacking side of the game.
      Which great balls did he play btw, remind me when once did he once break the lines, admittedly same is true of Gini.

There is zero point really is there

It shows some people’s mentality that the minute the whistle blows they come onto his thread to be critical of him. Lot of people didn’t play great, mainly the front three and the full backs - shall I go and check those threads to see what you post about them or is it just Hendo.
      Our fans love a scapegoat.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6699: Feb 24, 2019 06:06:03 pm

It shows some people’s mentality that the minute the whistle blows they come onto his thread to be critical of him. Lot of people didn’t play great, mainly the front three and the full backs - shall I go and check those threads to see what you post about them or is it just Hendo.

Henderson was decent, and was doing well, right up until the substitution.

He played further ahead of Fabinho and Wijnaldum, who both had good games as united let us have the midfield for the most part.

Shaqiri came on as a tactical sub, and didn't do a lot.

As ever with a game like this, some pluses, some minuses, but it really is amusing to watch the usual suspects crawl out of the woodwork, after they stay completely silent post Bayern.
      Comical, fickle, stupid.
      Some people should just stick to twitter, the place they get their "opinions" from.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #6700: Feb 24, 2019 06:11:52 pm

I said Gini was similar what is it with 10 year olds on here who can’t stand their fav player getting criticism when they don’t play well.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,915 posts | 819 
      Reply #6701: Feb 24, 2019 06:14:29 pm
      I said Gini was similar what is it with 10 year olds on here who can’t stand their fav player getting criticism when they don’t play well.

Baffles me how Henderson can be any Liverpool fans favorite player, he isn't good enough for the captains armband IMO nor is he good enough to start in our midfield three.

I give him credit when he puts in a shift but Hendo's best performance week in week out wouldn't come near the other threes (Gini, Fabinho & Keita).
      Kopite78
      Reply #6702: Feb 24, 2019 06:18:58 pm
      Baffles me how Henderson can be any Liverpool fans favorite player, he isn't good enough for the captains armband IMO nor is he good enough to start in our midfield three.

I give him credit when he puts in a shift but Hendo's best performance week in week out wouldn't come near the other threes (Gini, Fabinho & Keita).

Amazing how you know better than What? 5 or 6 manager's?

Even if it's in your opinion maybe think that the people who's opinion matter disagree and accept that
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,915 posts | 819 
      Reply #6703: Feb 24, 2019 06:20:26 pm

Even if it's in your opinion maybe think that the people who's opinion matter disagree and accept that

I accept other people's opinions but the hostility towards fans that don't see what Hendo fanboys see is ridiculous.

Kopite78
      Reply #6704: Feb 24, 2019 06:23:37 pm
      I accept other people's opinions but the hostility towards fans that don't see what Hendo fanboys see is ridiculous.

Hostility? I'm just pointing out that surely you can accept you're wrong when people who know far far far far far more than you and me disagree on him?

Take that as a starting point and realise you're wrong on him
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6705: Feb 24, 2019 06:25:36 pm

So people who actually understand what he brings to the team are "fanboys".

That childish statement alone rules out any credibility your "opinion" might have.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,915 posts | 819 
      Reply #6706: Feb 24, 2019 06:40:23 pm
      So people who actually understand what he brings to the team are "fanboys".

That childish statement alone rules out any credibility your "opinion" might have.

See, this is what i am talking about.

I see his value and scenarios in which he brings value but i can also see that he isn't what we need in midfield if we are to unlock defenses. It seems if anyone criticizes Hendo for this than that person is either a child as you have put it or not a real fan as there are always other players to blame. If he wasn't our captain i don't think he would have as much support as he does now.

You can deem my opinion invalid all you like won't change the fact that Henderson isn't good enough to captain or start in our first 11, sorry.

I appreciate that many managers have stuck with Hendo and i think that is a testament to his character and ability to lead verbally on and off the field. If he wasn't captain i think it would have been a lot easier for some to see he is not even the 4th best midfielder in our squad.

Also, when Hendo has been fully fit this season it is not like his walked in to the 11, Klopp has chose to bench the captain on many occasions and i think that truly shows how he rates him and not the PR friendly stuff he comes out with before and after games.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6707: Feb 24, 2019 06:46:05 pm
      See, this is what i am talking about.

I see his value and scenarios in which he brings value but i can also see that he isn't what we need in midfield if we are to unlock defenses. It seems if anyone criticizes Hendo for this than that person is either a child as you have put it or not a real fan as there are always other players to blame. If he wasn't our captain i don't think he would have as much support as he does now.

You can deem my opinion invalid all you like won't change the fact that Henderson isn't good enough to captain or start in our first 11, sorry.

So you don't understand how we play either.
      OK.

Do you understand why the fullbacks push right up, and we get the ball wide to them as often as possible?

Do you understand that we play with at least 2 midfielders who are essentially defenders, because our fullbacks are pushed right up?

Obviously not.

Never mind.
      As you were.
      Fed up trying to explain basic sh*t to people who don't listen.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #6708: Feb 24, 2019 06:49:18 pm
      Henderson played well today, not sure why he was subbed.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,915 posts | 819 
      Reply #6709: Feb 24, 2019 06:49:34 pm
      So you don't understand how we play either.
      OK.

Do you understand why the fullbacks push right up, and we get the ball wide to them as often as possible?

Do you understand that we play with at least 2 midfielders who are essentially defenders, because our fullbacks are pushed right up?

Obviously not.

Never mind.
      As you were.
      Fed up trying to explain basic sh*t to people who don't listen.

Mate, i am not here for an argument, at the end of the day i am on here as a Liverpool fan.

If you think Henderson is key to how we play then fine but for me i don't see why a midfield of Fabinho, Gini and Keita wouldn't work with Fabinho playing in the deep lying role Henderson picks up. We can play without him and IMO play better without him.

Feel free to educate me, I am a good listener.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6710: Feb 24, 2019 06:56:16 pm

Today Henderson was angry with Klopp for subbing him, does Henderson know better than Klopp then?
      Kopite78
      Reply #6711: Feb 24, 2019 06:57:27 pm
      Today Henderson was angry with Klopp for subbing him, does Henderson know better than Klopp then?

No.. but that's not a valid comparison whatsoever
      🤷‍♂️
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6712: Feb 24, 2019 07:00:55 pm
      https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1091800/Liverpool-news-Jürgen-Klopp-Henderson-Man-Utd-draw-bust-up-touchline-substitute/amp

I did a Google search to find what I spotted during the game. I don't usually read express but here anyway.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #6713: Feb 24, 2019 07:01:02 pm
      Henderson played well today, not sure why he was subbed.

...because even if he plays well he's only average at the stage of highest football.
      Kopite78
      Reply #6714: Feb 24, 2019 07:09:56 pm
      https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1091800/Liverpool-news-Jürgen-Klopp-Henderson-Man-Utd-draw-bust-up-touchline-substitute/amp

I did a Google search to find what I spotted during the game. I don't usually read express but here anyway.

Find what you like

Still not F***ing valid
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #6715: Feb 24, 2019 07:11:44 pm
      Find what you like

Still not f**king valid

God you really are a F***ing know all going on ignore you self righteous txxt

Quick Reply