Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 729357 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6854: Mar 24, 2019 06:40:38 pm
      He’s above average. Not a superstar - but a good player.

He wouldn't continue to hold down a place here, and in the England squad, if he was "average", let alone keep the captains armband.

On the other hand, reading back, it's clear the usual suspects are just wumming yet again, trying to get attention.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6855: Mar 24, 2019 08:04:08 pm
      its the same old looney tune posters having a go at a Liverpool player.  JΓΌrgen rates him. Southgate rates him most of the pundits rate him but a few of his own clubs supporters never have a good word to say about the lad. They do however try and twist people comments to justify their own weird obsession with a very capable Liverpool player. Here we are top of the league just beaten Bayern and are in the quarter finals of the CL and some think now is the time to slag off the club Capt. I don't call them supporters because they are not they are self indulgent wierdo WUM's.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6856: Mar 25, 2019 07:13:29 am
      its the same old looney tune posters having a go at a Liverpool player.  JΓΌrgen rates him. Southgate rates him most of the pundits rate him but a few of his own clubs supporters never have a good word to say about the lad. They do however try and twist people comments to justify their own weird obsession with a very capable Liverpool player. Here we are top of the league just beaten Bayern and are in the quarter finals of the CL and some think now is the time to slag off the club Capt. I don't call them supporters because they are not they are self indulgent wierdo WUM's.

Some even have the cheek to say him being backed by every manager is irrelevant just because that doesn’t fit their narrative
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,599 posts | 3914 
      Reply #6857: Mar 25, 2019 07:56:21 am
      After that Sevilla game away in the champions league I thought that was it for Henderson, I’ve never seen such a poor performance from a captain.

He has produced good form ever since, some really good football and good tempo. I think if everyone is fit then I’m not sure he makes it into the first 11, but football isn’t about that anymore, it’s about mixing it up to suit what’s infront of you.

I hate his floating lobs and he does frustrate me sometimes with the need to keep possession instead of risking a forward pass, but hes improved on that this season - that’s all you can ask for.

If he starts then I never moan anymore, I’m happy.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6858: Mar 25, 2019 10:28:38 am
      He could score a hattrick in the CL final winning the game on his own and it would still not be enough for some. They have made their mind up about him and they in their world are the experts.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #6859: Mar 25, 2019 12:33:58 pm
      After that Sevilla game away in the champions league I thought that was it for Henderson, I’ve never seen such a poor performance from a captain.

He has produced good form ever since, some really good football and good tempo. I think if everyone is fit then I’m not sure he makes it into the first 11, but football isn’t about that anymore, it’s about mixing it up to suit what’s infront of you.

I hate his floating lobs and he does frustrate me sometimes with the need to keep possession instead of risking a forward pass, but hes improved on that this season - that’s all you can ask for.

If he starts then I never moan anymore, I’m happy.

Speaking of all you can ask for, I’m pretty sure he does all Klopp asks of him and that’s why he continues to get picked, get playing time and wear the armband. Don’t see Klopp as the sentimental type that would be afraid to strip him of the armband and sell him if he didn’t see him as useful and a necessary part of our team.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Reply #6860: Mar 25, 2019 01:33:38 pm

The funniest thing recently was when people on here said he was a great attacking midfielder.

Not see that kind of post here myself but some stats from TIA surely not support that.

Minutes per goal contribution:
      Divock Origi – 79
      Sadio Mane – 90
      Daniel Sturridge – 92
      Mohamed Salah – 94
      Xherdan Shaqiri – 99
      James Milner – 109
      Roberto Firmino – 124
      Andy Robertson – 157
      Adam Lallana – 189
      Naby Keita – 198
      Trent Alexander-Arnold – 246
      Georginio Wijnaldum – 294
      Fabinho – 298
      Virgil van Dijk – 308
      Dejan Lovren – 498
      Joe Gomez – 726
      Joel Matip – 1532
      Jordan Henderson – 1911
      Alisson – 3510

For reference, here is an update on Liverpool players’ total contributions to goals in all competitions this season.

Sadio Mane – 36
      Mohamed Salah – 36
      Roberto Firmino – 23
      James Milner – 21
      Andy Robertson – 21
      Xherdan Shaqiri – 13
      Virgil van Dijk – 11
      Trent Alexander-Arnold – 10
      Georginio Wijnaldum – 10
      Daniel Sturridge – 7
      Naby Keita – 7
      Fabinho – 7
      Divock Origi – 5
      Adam Lallana – 3
      Dejan Lovren – 2
      Joe Gomez – 2
      Joel Matip – 1
      Jordan Henderson – 1
      Alisson – 1

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/03/liverpool-second-assists-goal-contributions/

Not sure copied their and post here is allow so please remove if it's illegal.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,599 posts | 3914 
      Reply #6861: Mar 25, 2019 01:47:54 pm
      Not see that kind of post here myself but some stats from TIA surely not support that.

Divock Origi – 79
      Sadio Mane – 90
      Daniel Sturridge – 92
      Mohamed Salah – 94
      Xherdan Shaqiri – 99
      James Milner – 109
      Roberto Firmino – 124
      Andy Robertson – 157
      Adam Lallana – 189
      Naby Keita – 198
      Fabinho – 298
      Virgil van Dijk – 308
      Dejan Lovren – 498
      Joe Gomez – 726
      Joel Matip – 1532
      Jordan Henderson – 1911
      Alisson – 3510

For reference, here is an update on Liverpool players’ total contributions to goals in all competitions this season.

Sadio Mane – 36
      Mohamed Salah – 36
      Roberto Firmino – 23
      James Milner – 21
      Andy Robertson – 21
      Xherdan Shaqiri – 13
      Virgil van Dijk – 11
      Georginio Wijnaldum – 10
      Daniel Sturridge – 7
      Naby Keita – 7
      Fabinho – 7
      Divock Origi – 5
      Adam Lallana – 3
      Dejan Lovren – 2
      Joe Gomez – 2
      Joel Matip – 1
      Jordan Henderson – 1
      Alisson – 1

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/03/liverpool-second-assists-goal-contributions/

Robertson wow - lethal.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6862: Mar 25, 2019 01:57:30 pm

Divock Origi – 79
      Sadio Mane – 90
      Daniel Sturridge – 92
      Mohamed Salah – 94
      Xherdan Shaqiri – 99
      James Milner – 109
      Roberto Firmino – 124
      Andy Robertson – 157
      Adam Lallana – 189
      Naby Keita – 198
      Fabinho – 298
      Virgil van Dijk – 308
      Dejan Lovren – 498
      Joe Gomez – 726
      Joel Matip – 1532
      Jordan Henderson – 1911
      Alisson – 3510

Sadio Mane – 36
      Mohamed Salah – 36
      Roberto Firmino – 23
      James Milner – 21
      Andy Robertson – 21
      Xherdan Shaqiri – 13
      Virgil van Dijk – 11
      Georginio Wijnaldum – 10
      Daniel Sturridge – 7
      Naby Keita – 7
      Fabinho – 7
      Divock Origi – 5
      Adam Lallana – 3
      Dejan Lovren – 2
      Joe Gomez – 2
      Joel Matip – 1
      Jordan Henderson – 1
      Alisson – 1

Would be interesting to see key passes and that pass that leads to an assist as well, then i'd like to see who our #6 look for the most and in which areas, but I think that might prove to be difficult to conjure up if you don't have access to what the professionals have :(

« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2019 02:07:28 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6863: Mar 25, 2019 02:26:45 pm
      Some even have the cheek to say him being backed by every manager is irrelevant just because that doesn’t fit their narrative

It may eventually dawn on people that our fullbacks are the attackers, rather than the 2 deep midfielders, but I doubt it.

So little understanding of a basic system, it's actually a bit depressing, because we were once known as footballs most knowledgeable fans.

On the other hand, even Phil Neville has finally spotted it, so maybe there's hope for some.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6864: Mar 25, 2019 02:59:44 pm
      It may eventually dawn on people that our fullbacks are the attackers, rather than the 2 deep midfielders, but I doubt it.

So little understanding of a basic system, it's actually a bit depressing, because we were once known as footballs most knowledgeable fans.

On the other hand, even Phil Neville has finally spotted it, so maybe there's hope for some.
      [/quote ]
      ]How many times do we have to point out our creativity comes from our Wing backs and our front three the midfield are not their for their creativity or goals. The midfield provide a stable disciplined platform discipline being the key word.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6865: Mar 25, 2019 03:06:39 pm

[/quote ]
      ]How many times do we have to point out our creativity comes from our Wing backs and our front three the midfield are not their for their creativity or goals. The midfield provide a stable disciplined platform discipline being the key word.

Exactly mate.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #6866: Mar 25, 2019 04:15:53 pm
      I was thinking oh crap what's Hendo done now?? But just apparently having  a good game for his country is enough to set things off.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6867: Mar 25, 2019 04:24:57 pm
      I was thinking oh crap what's Hendo done now?? But just apparently having  a good game for his country is enough to set things off.

No mate it was just β€˜average’ that’s what made someone write an article about him. That average showing
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6868: Mar 25, 2019 04:28:22 pm
      Can't we have a break for this boring old sh*t, just the old posts over and over again. The obsession with jordan and scrutiny of every single thing he does is utterly tedious

not many if any post how great a game he has we only post in defence of our Captain a Liverpool player how weird is it to have to do that on a Liverpool FC forum
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,255 posts | 1659 
      Reply #6869: Mar 25, 2019 09:37:49 pm
      F**k me skipper don't waste those balls playing for England
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,512 posts | 1765 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6870: Mar 26, 2019 08:54:56 am
      Hendo will forever be compared to gerrard. Not his fault just fact, for the doubters I point to all the managers that have picked him, and the glowing praise Gerrard heaped on him, when he left.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6871: Mar 26, 2019 02:26:21 pm
      Hendo will forever be compared to gerrard. Not his fault just fact, for the doubters I point to all the managers that have picked him, and the glowing praise Gerrard heaped on him, when he left.

others have made the same points many times, only for the wums to completely ignore it or insist their "opinion" is more important than what Klopp thinks of a player.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #6872: Mar 26, 2019 08:27:19 pm
      others have made the same points many times, only for the wums to completely ignore it or insist their "opinion" is more important than what Klopp thinks of a player.

The obsession with Henderson by people like Rib is pretty wild. England goes and wins a game by a landslide and he'll come out of the woods to say "Henderson was average" out of nowhere. Dude, England just won 5-0 and your comment is about Hendo? fuking weird people.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6873: Mar 26, 2019 08:59:42 pm
      The obsession with Henderson by people like Rib is pretty wild. England goes and wins a game by a landslide and he'll come out of the woods to say "Henderson was average" out of nowhere. Dude, England just won 5-0 and your comment is about Hendo? fuking weird people.

People with a certain mentality always want a scapegoat.

You recognise them by the way they try to marginalise other people, so they can big themselves up, to feel better about themselves.
      They're basically arseholes, and usually failed bullies.

When Henderson leaves or retires, they'll pick another target.

It's all a bit sad.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,202 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #6874: Mar 26, 2019 09:41:01 pm
      Thought Henderson was impressive in both England games
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6875: Mar 26, 2019 10:35:59 pm
      Thought Henderson was impressive in both England games

which is great news for JΓΌrgen and Liverpool although some just like to piss on other peoples chips
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6876: Mar 26, 2019 11:00:27 pm
      Didn't really pay much attention to either of the England games, had the whole thing on but it was more just in the background. Did I hear right though when Southgate said Hendo was feeling a knock from playing the first game and that's why he started the second game on the bench? If that's the case then I don't think it was the smartest move him then playing some part of the second half, but then I'm probably just saying that in the way of thinking just purely about us. None the less though, I hear he performed well in both games and I saw the assist he got for Sterling to score so no doubt Hendo will bring that confidence back into his club performances and hopefully he can grab a few more assists now, he's definitely got the ability.

Quick Reply