Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720091 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6992: May 09, 2019 10:00:33 pm
      Klopp's rotation will mean players in midfield being on the bench now and again, no matter how well they are playing.

For example, his comments about Firmino given what amounted to a forced rest.
      The monitoring is so good these days, that Klopp can make a scientific decision on who to rest.

Personally, I see AOC and Keita, and perhaps even Shaqiri as being able to play the same position, with Henderson, Fabinho, Milner and Wijnaldum able to play the deeper roles (yes, I'm saying that as an 8 Henderson or whoever is deeper than AOC, Keita Shaqiri)

The so called 8 is an interesting role under Klopp, because he plays it 2 ways, and much as I don't want to do a BR "invert the triangle", it seems to me that's exactly what he does, although other formations are also used.

Would like to get into this more, but I have to shoot off.
      Might pick it up later.

hopefully next season will be a 60 game season we need all these players and what a bonus to see how ALL of them improve under Jürgen
      Kopite78
      Reply #6993: May 10, 2019 10:14:32 am
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #6994: May 10, 2019 12:15:58 pm
      Don’t really want to go on about Hendo as it’s been done to death but at this level he just isn’t good enough.

Offered zilch going forward or defensively.

Ahh yes another "fan" who knows nothing. My word but some of you are thick.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6995: May 10, 2019 12:25:56 pm

It's what hppens when people rely on twatter for their "opinions".

Henderson gives us a solid 7/10 every week, and really steps it up for the big games.
      Now he's moved up a bit, I think that solid 7/10 will get higher, as an average.

Never before has a Liverpool captain been so maligned so unfairly.
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2019 01:47:59 pm by Swab »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6996: May 10, 2019 01:24:09 pm

part of the entitled club mate.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #6997: May 10, 2019 01:46:44 pm

Two or three good performances all season and yeah he’s now the greatest LFC player ever.

Maybe one day we can all hope to get to your level of wisdom  :)
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #6998: May 10, 2019 03:16:28 pm

Mind me asking what the point was of digging up a specific comment to attack a fellow Liverpool supporter?

I'm pretty sure that if I'd dig through your posting history, I'd find similar comments about players that have proven you wrong. Same if you'd go digging into mine.

People have opinions. HScRed1 and I don't always agree, but I do respect his opinion.

That was Henderson's best performance in a Liverpool shirt and probably the best he has played in his entire life. He has had some very poor performances too down the year which also made me question whether he'd be good enough for the absolute top. Nothing wrong with that, he's a fine player.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #6999: May 10, 2019 03:53:41 pm
      Mind me asking what the point was of digging up a specific comment to attack a fellow Liverpool supporter?

I'm pretty sure that if I'd dig through your posting history, I'd find similar comments about players that have proven you wrong. Same if you'd go digging into mine.

People have opinions. HScRed1 and I don't always agree, but I do respect his opinion.

That was Henderson's best performance in a Liverpool shirt and probably the best he has played in his entire life. He has had some very poor performances too down the year which also made me question whether he'd be good enough for the absolute top. Nothing wrong with that, he's a fine player.

Because its an opinion backed up with nothing. A lazy shithouse opinion.

And everyone is entitled to their opinion but the Henderson "not been good enough for this level" is so stupid I can't but respond.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #7000: May 10, 2019 03:55:19 pm
      Two or three good performances all season and yeah he’s now the greatest LFC player ever.

Yes Jordan Henderson has only had two or three good performances this season.

My word.

Are you 12? Because you probably only think a good performacne is reflected with a goal/assist. Maybe Henderson does not catch the eye but I'll have him in my team for the big day every F***ing time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #7001: May 10, 2019 04:34:51 pm
      Yes Jordan Henderson has only had two or three good performances this season.

My word.

Are you 12? Because you probably only think a good performacne is reflected with a goal/assist. Maybe Henderson does not catch the eye but I'll have him in my team for the big day every f**king time.

See the difference between you and me is I can see the difference between a good, average and poor performance.

His good performances have been since he moved to a more advanced position and even then some have been average with the odd poor one.

You think he is amazing that’s fine I just happen to think he is ok and we could upgrade on him just like on Milner and Lallana.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #7002: May 10, 2019 05:33:03 pm
      See the difference between you and me is I can see the difference between a good, average and poor performance.

His good performances have been since he moved to a more advanced position and even then some have been average with the odd poor one.

You think he is amazing that’s fine I just happen to think he is ok and we could upgrade on him just like on Milner and Lallana.

It’s all opinions fella.

That one is hyperbolic and misguided in my opinion.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7003: May 10, 2019 05:44:05 pm
      It’s all opinions fella.

That one is hyperbolic and misguided in my opinion.

they still cant get it through their thick skulls Henderson was playing to the managers instructions just like the other 10 players on the pitch it is why we are were we are this season 11 players combining into a fantastic team.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #7004: May 10, 2019 05:48:09 pm

Good lord, Rib still lives among us.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #7005: May 10, 2019 05:50:34 pm

Come on, you can not rate the guy that highly if you want, but to say he's had literally two or three good games in the whole season is nonsense. He's made 42 appearances... To say he's only had two or three good games out of 42 suggests either you've not watched all of them, or there's a bit of bias involved.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7006: May 10, 2019 05:56:43 pm
      Hendo is a vital cog in the wheel theres no doubt about that.

There's a train of thought that our midfield is lacking something. We have 3 quality forwards, 3 top quality defenders and a class goalkeeper. That being said one of the main strengths of this team is the depth in midfield. That's the area of the pitch where our depth is at its biggest. The quality we have on the pitch and on the bench is frightening really.

In that regard Hendos willingness to play anywhere in the midfield and to do it to a high standard, as well as being able to take it on the chin when he has to sit it out for a few games and his attitude to bounce back when he's called upon once more, make him a very valuable player to this team.

Add into that his leadership qualities and the respect he has from others in the dressing room then you're talking about a player who is a huge part of this squad.

Clear as day the lad has many more seasons left in him here at Liverpool.
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2019 06:03:24 pm by fields of anny rd »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #7007: May 10, 2019 06:05:29 pm
      Come on, you can not rate the guy that highly if you want, but to say he's had literally two or three good games in the whole season is nonsense. He's made 42 appearances... To say he's only had two or three good games out of 42 suggests either you've not watched all of them, or there's a bit of bias involved.

Depends on your definition of good, for me its above and beyond what you would expect from a professional footballer others may call it excellent.
      Average for me is a day job performance.

Posters get too carried away with brilliant performances when in reality they are what you would expect from any one playing at an elite club.

Talking of bias, if anything players like Henderson and Milner certainly do benefit from the media bias, just need to look at circulations like the Echo who will constantly in their ratings give the 'English' boys a default 7.
      And that bias a lot of posters will just take at face value sometimes without even watching games.

Anyway I digress Henderson is a decent squad player who on his day can put in a good performance but has not done consistently probably since the 13/14 season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #7008: May 10, 2019 06:08:12 pm
      Oh ffs , here we go again
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #7009: May 10, 2019 06:31:11 pm
      Luckily Klopp is the manager and he knows more about football than all of us put together.

And like him and every other manager Jordan has played under, he is rated by the people who matter.

Not gobshites on a forum saying he is not up to the level and has only had two or three good performances this season. Those lads probably only watch the highlights on MOTD.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #7010: May 10, 2019 06:48:47 pm
      Can somebody just take his keyboard away?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7011: May 11, 2019 10:24:13 am
      Depends on your definition of good, for me its above and beyond what you would expect from a professional footballer others may call it excellent.
      Average for me is a day job performance.

Posters get too carried away with brilliant performances when in reality they are what you would expect from any one playing at an elite club.

Talking of bias, if anything players like Henderson and Milner certainly do benefit from the media bias, just need to look at circulations like the Echo who will constantly in their ratings give the 'English' boys a default 7.
      And that bias a lot of posters will just take at face value sometimes without even watching games.

Anyway I digress Henderson is a decent squad player who on his day can put in a good performance but has not done consistently probably since the 13/14 season.

is this insane enough for you JD.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7012: May 11, 2019 10:25:10 am
      Can somebody just take his keyboard away?

and the muppet who agrees with him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #7013: May 11, 2019 10:33:26 am
      is this insane enough for you JD.

Give it a rest FFS we don’t live in North Korea..........different view points from yours are allowed!

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7014: May 11, 2019 12:05:29 pm
      Hendo is a vital cog in the wheel theres no doubt about that.

There's a train of thought that our midfield is lacking something. We have 3 quality forwards, 3 top quality defenders and a class goalkeeper. That being said one of the main strengths of this team is the depth in midfield. That's the area of the pitch where our depth is at its biggest. The quality we have on the pitch and on the bench is frightening really.

In that regard Hendos willingness to play anywhere in the midfield and to do it to a high standard, as well as being able to take it on the chin when he has to sit it out for a few games and his attitude to bounce back when he's called upon once more, make him a very valuable player to this team.

Add into that his leadership qualities and the respect he has from others in the dressing room then you're talking about a player who is a huge part of this squad.

Clear as day the lad has many more seasons left in him here at Liverpool.

Said it before mate; 2 of our 3 midfielders are defenders, they are not there to attack, they are there to protect the space behind the attacking full backs.

Now that Henderson has been pushed up, and given more freedom to attack, he can show his attacking qualities.
      The fact that he curbed his normal game, and played deep for the good of the team (and did a good job) shows he is a team player first.
      He's been an excellent captain as well.

Quick Reply