Trending Topics

Next match: Man Utd v LFC [Premier League] Sun 20th Oct @ 4:30 pm
      Old Trafford

Today is the 15th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D6 L3

Jordan Henderson Player Thread

Read 369117 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,878 posts | 2435 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7025: May 10, 2019 12:25:56 pm
      Ahh yes another "fan" who knows nothing. My word but some of you are thick.

It's what hppens when people rely on twatter for their "opinions".

Henderson gives us a solid 7/10 every week, and really steps it up for the big games.
      Now he's moved up a bit, I think that solid 7/10 will get higher, as an average.

Never before has a Liverpool captain been so maligned so unfairly.
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2019 01:47:59 pm by Swab »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #7026: May 10, 2019 01:24:09 pm

part of the entitled club mate.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,683 posts | 3076 
      Reply #7027: May 10, 2019 01:46:44 pm

Two or three good performances all season and yeah he’s now the greatest LFC player ever.

Maybe one day we can all hope to get to your level of wisdom  :)
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 979 
      Reply #7028: May 10, 2019 03:16:28 pm

Mind me asking what the point was of digging up a specific comment to attack a fellow Liverpool supporter?

I'm pretty sure that if I'd dig through your posting history, I'd find similar comments about players that have proven you wrong. Same if you'd go digging into mine.

People have opinions. HScRed1 and I don't always agree, but I do respect his opinion.

That was Henderson's best performance in a Liverpool shirt and probably the best he has played in his entire life. He has had some very poor performances too down the year which also made me question whether he'd be good enough for the absolute top. Nothing wrong with that, he's a fine player.
      PGlynn91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,537 posts | 275 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #7029: May 10, 2019 03:53:41 pm
      Mind me asking what the point was of digging up a specific comment to attack a fellow Liverpool supporter?

I'm pretty sure that if I'd dig through your posting history, I'd find similar comments about players that have proven you wrong. Same if you'd go digging into mine.

People have opinions. HScRed1 and I don't always agree, but I do respect his opinion.

That was Henderson's best performance in a Liverpool shirt and probably the best he has played in his entire life. He has had some very poor performances too down the year which also made me question whether he'd be good enough for the absolute top. Nothing wrong with that, he's a fine player.

Because its an opinion backed up with nothing. A lazy shithouse opinion.

And everyone is entitled to their opinion but the Henderson "not been good enough for this level" is so stupid I can't but respond.
      PGlynn91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,537 posts | 275 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #7030: May 10, 2019 03:55:19 pm
      Two or three good performances all season and yeah he’s now the greatest LFC player ever.

Yes Jordan Henderson has only had two or three good performances this season.

My word.

Are you 12? Because you probably only think a good performacne is reflected with a goal/assist. Maybe Henderson does not catch the eye but I'll have him in my team for the big day every f**king time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,683 posts | 3076 
      Reply #7031: May 10, 2019 04:34:51 pm

My word.

Are you 12? Because you probably only think a good performacne is reflected with a goal/assist. Maybe Henderson does not catch the eye but I'll have him in my team for the big day every f**king time.

See the difference between you and me is I can see the difference between a good, average and poor performance.

His good performances have been since he moved to a more advanced position and even then some have been average with the odd poor one.

You think he is amazing that’s fine I just happen to think he is ok and we could upgrade on him just like on Milner and Lallana.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,520 posts | 2518 
      Reply #7032: May 10, 2019 05:33:03 pm
      See the difference between you and me is I can see the difference between a good, average and poor performance.

His good performances have been since he moved to a more advanced position and even then some have been average with the odd poor one.

You think he is amazing that’s fine I just happen to think he is ok and we could upgrade on him just like on Milner and Lallana.

It’s all opinions fella.

That one is hyperbolic and misguided in my opinion.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #7033: May 10, 2019 05:44:05 pm
      It’s all opinions fella.

That one is hyperbolic and misguided in my opinion.

they still cant get it through their thick skulls Henderson was playing to the managers instructions just like the other 10 players on the pitch it is why we are were we are this season 11 players combining into a fantastic team.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,543 posts | 379 
      Reply #7034: May 10, 2019 05:48:09 pm

Good lord, Rib still lives among us.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,039 posts | 353 
      Reply #7035: May 10, 2019 05:50:34 pm

Come on, you can not rate the guy that highly if you want, but to say he's had literally two or three good games in the whole season is nonsense. He's made 42 appearances... To say he's only had two or three good games out of 42 suggests either you've not watched all of them, or there's a bit of bias involved.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,997 posts | 1273 
      Reply #7036: May 10, 2019 05:56:43 pm
      Hendo is a vital cog in the wheel theres no doubt about that.

There's a train of thought that our midfield is lacking something. We have 3 quality forwards, 3 top quality defenders and a class goalkeeper. That being said one of the main strengths of this team is the depth in midfield. That's the area of the pitch where our depth is at its biggest. The quality we have on the pitch and on the bench is frightening really.

In that regard Hendos willingness to play anywhere in the midfield and to do it to a high standard, as well as being able to take it on the chin when he has to sit it out for a few games and his attitude to bounce back when he's called upon once more, make him a very valuable player to this team.

Add into that his leadership qualities and the respect he has from others in the dressing room then you're talking about a player who is a huge part of this squad.

Clear as day the lad has many more seasons left in him here at Liverpool.
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2019 06:03:24 pm by fields of anny rd »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,683 posts | 3076 
      Reply #7037: May 10, 2019 06:05:29 pm
      Come on, you can not rate the guy that highly if you want, but to say he's had literally two or three good games in the whole season is nonsense. He's made 42 appearances... To say he's only had two or three good games out of 42 suggests either you've not watched all of them, or there's a bit of bias involved.

Depends on your definition of good, for me its above and beyond what you would expect from a professional footballer others may call it excellent.
      Average for me is a day job performance.

Posters get too carried away with brilliant performances when in reality they are what you would expect from any one playing at an elite club.

Talking of bias, if anything players like Henderson and Milner certainly do benefit from the media bias, just need to look at circulations like the Echo who will constantly in their ratings give the 'English' boys a default 7.
      And that bias a lot of posters will just take at face value sometimes without even watching games.

Anyway I digress Henderson is a decent squad player who on his day can put in a good performance but has not done consistently probably since the 13/14 season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,685 posts | 1927 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #7038: May 10, 2019 06:08:12 pm
      Oh ffs , here we go again
      PGlynn91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,537 posts | 275 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #7039: May 10, 2019 06:31:11 pm
      Luckily Klopp is the manager and he knows more about football than all of us put together.

And like him and every other manager Jordan has played under, he is rated by the people who matter.

Not gobshites on a forum saying he is not up to the level and has only had two or three good performances this season. Those lads probably only watch the highlights on MOTD.
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,064 posts | 1618 
      Reply #7040: May 10, 2019 06:48:47 pm
      Can somebody just take his keyboard away?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #7041: May 11, 2019 10:24:13 am
      Depends on your definition of good, for me its above and beyond what you would expect from a professional footballer others may call it excellent.
      Average for me is a day job performance.

Posters get too carried away with brilliant performances when in reality they are what you would expect from any one playing at an elite club.

Talking of bias, if anything players like Henderson and Milner certainly do benefit from the media bias, just need to look at circulations like the Echo who will constantly in their ratings give the 'English' boys a default 7.
      And that bias a lot of posters will just take at face value sometimes without even watching games.

Anyway I digress Henderson is a decent squad player who on his day can put in a good performance but has not done consistently probably since the 13/14 season.

is this insane enough for you JD.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #7042: May 11, 2019 10:25:10 am
      Can somebody just take his keyboard away?

and the muppet who agrees with him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,683 posts | 3076 
      Reply #7043: May 11, 2019 10:33:26 am
      is this insane enough for you JD.

Give it a rest FFS we don’t live in North Korea..........different view points from yours are allowed!

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,878 posts | 2435 
      Reply #7044: May 11, 2019 12:05:29 pm
      Hendo is a vital cog in the wheel theres no doubt about that.

There's a train of thought that our midfield is lacking something. We have 3 quality forwards, 3 top quality defenders and a class goalkeeper. That being said one of the main strengths of this team is the depth in midfield. That's the area of the pitch where our depth is at its biggest. The quality we have on the pitch and on the bench is frightening really.

In that regard Hendos willingness to play anywhere in the midfield and to do it to a high standard, as well as being able to take it on the chin when he has to sit it out for a few games and his attitude to bounce back when he's called upon once more, make him a very valuable player to this team.

Add into that his leadership qualities and the respect he has from others in the dressing room then you're talking about a player who is a huge part of this squad.

Clear as day the lad has many more seasons left in him here at Liverpool.

Said it before mate; 2 of our 3 midfielders are defenders, they are not there to attack, they are there to protect the space behind the attacking full backs.

Now that Henderson has been pushed up, and given more freedom to attack, he can show his attacking qualities.
      The fact that he curbed his normal game, and played deep for the good of the team (and did a good job) shows he is a team player first.
      He's been an excellent captain as well.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,394 posts | 492 
      Reply #7045: May 11, 2019 04:38:55 pm
      Give it a rest FFS we don’t live in North Korea..........different view points from yours are allowed!

I dunno maybe just get behind him and the team for the next few weeks,then ya can f**king crucify the guy if it all goes tits up.Ya know if ya can't say something nice don't say anything mantra? Just till June 2nd.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #7046: May 11, 2019 04:58:39 pm

I am entitled to my own opinion or does it only work one way. Your view point is distorted and wrong but you will not admit it and just keep digging your hole well keep going and you might just get to N.Korea. Your idea of support just doesn't sit well with anyone I know who claims to support this club especially after Tuesday night.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #7047: May 11, 2019 05:01:28 pm

My word.

ask him to find a single post that suggest Hendo is a world beater because there will not be one. He is a workhorse for the team and Jürgen loves him because of his discipline. its quiet pathetic having to come on to a Liverpool Forum and read such negative comments about any Liverpool player let alone a Capt who has been doing the job the Manager has given him to do.
      LondonRed83
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,763 posts | 1406 
      Reply #7048: May 11, 2019 07:10:25 pm
      I was not a fan of Henderson but this season I’ve completely changed my mind.

He’s had his best ever season and is worthy of the first team spot and captains armband (I love that he’s English)
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,343 posts | 386 
      Reply #7049: May 11, 2019 07:41:48 pm
      So, this all started with a guy digging up a post from the Barcelona match, where he was actually average after getting subbed on for Naby.

So he completely missed this post of his.

Top performance today from Hendo even at the end with some cramping up he was the one leading by example still closing down players and providing support and encouragement.

And then chose to quote a post that had no meaning to it. Selective ignorance. And you say that the "anti Hendo" people are obsessed?

Quick Reply