Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720095 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7061: Jun 08, 2019 04:01:12 pm

Do we send Flowers ?
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #7062: Jun 08, 2019 05:18:04 pm

Aye, Tim Flowers will do.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #7063: Jun 08, 2019 05:37:56 pm

Owned...

Love how the skipper proved his critics wrong...F***ing instrumental this season with his intensity..👊🏼
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7064: Jun 08, 2019 06:15:32 pm
      You can see the emotion in his face lifting that Cup up and when he met his father was such a beautiful moment. I cant pick out one player in the final or the season we have become a very well balanced team.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7065: Jun 08, 2019 11:59:54 pm
      love it mate and that's Lovren's right hand he almost ripped Jordans shirt of. Jordan Henderson Capt. Of Liverpool Champions league winner .

Good spot on the Lovren hand mate.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #7066: Jul 18, 2019 03:45:08 pm
      Just been looking at some of the squad training pics and was enjoying the look of happiness/pride on Jordan's face. To me a bit more self belief also.

After lifting big ears, i reckon we're going to see an even better year from him, playing wise and hopefully lifts a few more trophies.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7067: Jul 18, 2019 05:09:12 pm
      Just been looking at some of the squad training pics and was enjoying the look of happiness/pride on Jordan's face. To me a bit more self belief also.

After lifting big ears, i reckon we're going to see an even better year from him, playing wise and hopefully lifts a few more trophies.

Don't think he's ever been short of self belief mate, quite the opposite.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #7068: Jul 19, 2019 08:03:25 am
      Talk of Lallana playing No6 next season means Hendo will be playing further up field which obviously suits his game better.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #7069: Jul 19, 2019 11:00:13 am
      :
      Don't think he's ever been short of self belief mate, quite the opposite.

Bad choice of words mate. I meant the self belief in as driving with the ball more which will hopefully bring more shots and goals, especially if playing further up field as HScRed has just mentioned.

Anyway, I can feel a very good playing year for our captain on the way and for the team  :soccer_h4h:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7070: Jul 19, 2019 11:26:52 am
      :
      Bad choice of words mate. I meant the self belief in as driving with the ball more which will hopefully bring more shots and goals, especially if playing further up field as HScRed has just mentioned.

Anyway, I can feel a very good playing year for our captain on the way and for the team  :soccer_h4h:

Fair enough mate, but I don't think we'll be seeing a glut of shots and goals from him, simply because our deeper midfield are support players for the attackers and full backs.
      If he keeps on providing a solid base, and gets forward where possible when played in the nominal 8 position, that'll do for me.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #7071: Jul 19, 2019 12:20:59 pm
      Get what you're saying Swab, but just feel that he could keep hold/drive/or take players on a little bit more than just playing the easy pass, but as you say, if he carries on as he is, it's all good.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7072: Jul 19, 2019 01:37:53 pm
      Get what you're saying Swab, but just feel that he could keep hold/drive/or take players on a little bit more than just playing the easy pass, but as you say, if he carries on as he is, it's all good.

I'd say to watch his highlights clips mate.
      It's a bit of a myth that he always picks the safe or easy pass.
      As a fulcrum, and according to Klopp's philosophy, the deeper role is about keeping possession, recycling the ball, dropping a bit deeper when we re-set, and also trying to get opponents to come out when they are parking the bus to open up space further up.

When he moved further up, after Fabinho settled, we saw much more dynamic play from him; quick passes in and around the box, bringing the FB's into play, runs in behind, shots, crosses (something people severely underrate), and forward defensive play.

Let's not forget that it is often easier and better to get past opponents with quick, short passing, movement and creating overloads, which again he showed when he moved further up.

I suspect his roles will be mixed again this season as other players (and Henderson himself) are rested and rotated.
      A lot of that depends on Keita and AOC staying fit though.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #7073: Jul 21, 2019 03:40:52 pm
      He is a legend fullstop. He lifted the 6th UCL. He proved that he is a great midfielder and influences players around him with his determination and professionalism.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7074: Jul 21, 2019 06:36:55 pm
      He is a legend fullstop. He lifted the 6th UCL. He proved that he is a great midfielder and influences players around him with his determination and professionalism.

Don't know about legend yet, get his hands on a league title and he can shout his own mouth off on that one. Needs to continue like he finished the season though.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #7075: Jul 21, 2019 09:39:04 pm
      Don't know about legend yet, get his hands on a league title and he can shout his own mouth off on that one. Needs to continue like he finished the season though.

He’s well on his way is the skipper
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #7076: Jul 22, 2019 06:34:05 am

So Gerrard isn't a legend too. Both are because both put us on the European biggest stage :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #7077: Jul 22, 2019 10:56:28 am
      So Gerrard isn't a legend too. Both are because both put us on the European biggest stage :)

I think there is a gulf in class there that we may be overlooking between Gerrard and Hendo. 
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #7078: Jul 22, 2019 02:07:05 pm

You can’t even begin to compare the two.

Henderson turned me into a fan last season but Gerrard was literally sensational from the minute he first put on the red shirt. Best player of all time.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7079: Jul 22, 2019 02:28:52 pm
      I think he is a legend just as Dudek is or Jimmy Traore those players who lift the CL trophy are all Legends in my opinion. Stevie has his own category of Legend status I doubt we will ever ever see his like again we are just so lucky to see him at his best.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #7080: Jul 22, 2019 05:17:09 pm

I think there is a gulf in class there that we may be overlooking between Gerrard and Hendo. 

You can’t even begin to compare the two.

Henderson turned me into a fan last season but Gerrard was literally sensational from the minute he first put on the red shirt. Best player of all time.

I never compared the two but Huyton said that to be a legend, you need to lift the league and I disagreed. Both captains lifted the huge UCL since in itself is an achievement that for me you deserve to be called Legend.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #7081: Jul 22, 2019 05:18:10 pm
      I think he is a legend just as Dudek is or Jimmy Traore those players who lift the CL trophy are all Legends in my opinion. Stevie has his own category of Legend status I doubt we will ever ever see his like again we are just so lucky to see him at his best.

I totally agree but Trent has the potential to reach his level of Legendness.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7082: Jul 28, 2019 02:33:15 pm
      I totally agree but Trent has the potential to reach his level of Legendness.

Agreed with Trent his age is crazy for the intelligence on the football field he plays with the mind of a 34 year old he is a joy to watch.
      However Jordan....just love this kid. Just watched his big interview on LFC TV and I will to my last breath on this earth remember his absolute raw emotion when he lifted the CL Trophy it s was beautiful and really heart warming because we know some people doubted him and then to see him with his Dad what a moment for those of us who have lost their Dads.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #7083: Jul 28, 2019 05:58:14 pm
      Agreed with Trent his age is crazy for the intelligence on the football field he plays with the mind of a 34 year old he is a joy to watch.
      However Jordan....just love this kid. Just watched his big interview on LFC TV and I will to my last breath on this earth remember his absolute raw emotion when he lifted the CL Trophy it s was beautiful and really heart warming because we know some people doubted him and then to see him with his Dad what a moment for those of us who have lost their Dads.

Wonderfull to see his reaction with his dad very moving

Quick Reply