Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720689 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,456 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7291: Mar 04, 2020 04:31:59 pm
      As with the slip season we lost the league, when he was suspended in the last few matches. We might have won it.

Always gets forgotten that.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #7292: Mar 04, 2020 04:51:28 pm
      its worth going back and reading through his thread some of the comments about him were just disgusting. He has been here 9 years this year he has always given everything he can and done what Jürgen had asked him to do even though it wasn't his preferred position. CL Skipper last season EPL shortly he will deservedly but grudgingly by some become a legend here.

I can go back years and will find my backing back then.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7293: Mar 04, 2020 06:18:37 pm

Not by me.

Arguably our best player that season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7294: Mar 04, 2020 06:44:34 pm
      Not by me.

No argument, he has been our mvp this season
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7295: Mar 04, 2020 08:03:09 pm
      I can go back years and will find my backing back then.

same here mate not once did I wish him to be injured so Jürgen would not play him
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #7296: Mar 04, 2020 08:19:30 pm
      As with the slip season we lost the league, when he was suspended in the last few matches. We might have won it.

When Kenny was managing us loosing Henderson impacted on results & it cost Kenny his job..

Lost the title to City when Henderson was out for the final games.

& now blatantly obvious the void in the team..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7297: Mar 04, 2020 08:19:46 pm
      same here mate not once did I wish him to be injured so Jürgen would not play him

Glad to hear it
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7298: Mar 04, 2020 08:56:09 pm

And I didn't want him hurt and injured either like you did you fuckwit
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7299: Mar 04, 2020 09:52:54 pm
      And I didn't want him hurt and injured either like you did you fuckwit

Good for you
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7300: Mar 05, 2020 12:38:24 am
      Hurry the F**k up and get better soon Skip. We need you big time!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7301: Mar 05, 2020 10:09:52 am
      Hurry the f**k up and get better soon Skip. We need you big time!

100% agree, is there any chance he might be back for Bournemouth?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #7302: Mar 05, 2020 02:12:28 pm
      Not by me.

He was great that season but he wasn't anywhere near the level Suarez was at. He was our best player that season by a country mile
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7303: Mar 05, 2020 02:28:13 pm
      He was great that season but he wasn't anywhere near the level Suarez was at. He was our best player that season by a country mile

The way I see it, Suarez got all the glory, but without Henderson he wouldn't have scored nearly as many goals.

Engine rooms win games, but strikers get the glory.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7304: Mar 05, 2020 02:34:27 pm
      The way I see it, Suarez got all the glory, but without Henderson he wouldn't have scored nearly as many goals.

Some real revisionist bollocks here, it was Stevie G who was the engine room for us that season and for the previous decade, Henderson had a role to play but its only really the last 2 seasons that he's had a major impact on our play, especially this season where I would argue he is our most important player.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #7305: Mar 05, 2020 02:56:32 pm

Sorry mate but that's some insane hipster take. Luis Suarez 13/14 was the best individual campaign I've ever witnessed from a Liverpool player. If you think we missed Henderson towards the end of the season you should take a look at the following season when Suarez joined Barcelona. We were a shadow of the side we were the year before

Suarez was incredibly prolific before he joined, incredibly prolific while playing for us and incredibly prolific after he left. He was unbelievable in 13/14 and although Henderson also had a good season there is no way on this earth that he was anywhere close to Suarez. He was arguably the best player on the planet that year
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #7306: Mar 05, 2020 03:29:01 pm
      Need a fully fit captain back at the helm, the sooner the better !
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7307: Mar 05, 2020 03:43:20 pm
      Sorry mate but that's some insane hipster take. Luis Suarez 13/14 was the best individual campaign I've ever witnessed from a Liverpool player. If you think we missed Henderson towards the end of the season you should take a look at the following season when Suarez joined Barcelona. We were a shadow of the side we were the year before

Suarez was incredibly prolific before he joined, incredibly prolific while playing for us and incredibly prolific after he left. He was unbelievable in 13/14 and although Henderson also had a good season there is no way on this earth that he was anywhere close to Suarez. He was arguably the best player on the planet that year

"Hipster"  :lmao:
      I'm in my 60's fella.

Look, it just depends on how you view it.

No doubt Suarez had a great season, but you can put the most incredible striker that ever lived up top, and if the engine room doesn't get him the ball, he doesn't score.

If you just look at Suarez in isolation without considering the way the whole team was set up to get the best out of him, then it's the wrong way of looking at it imo

Henderson and (to a lesser extent) Gerrard, were every bit as integral to that team as Suarez was, because without them he doesn't score the goals.
      There's no one to play him in, there's no one to win the ball back, there's no foundation to build his play on, so he could be the best player ever, but without the guys behind him doing the grunt work, it just doesn't happen.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7308: Mar 05, 2020 03:47:16 pm
      if there is anyone posting bollocks we all know its you. Incidentally was Virgil talking about you when he was having a go at the negative people just waiting for a chance to moan about Liverpool FC.

Oh my God you are getting so boring now, with these tedious attacks on me without every actually addressing what is being discussed, do you mind if I ask how old you are, because you behave like a teenage troll.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7309: Mar 05, 2020 03:50:33 pm
      I'm in my 60's fella.

No doubt Suarez had a great season, but you can put the most incredible striker that ever lived up top, and if the engine room doesn't get him the ball, he doesn't score.

If you just look at Suarez in isolation without considering the way the whole team was set up to get the best out of him, then it's the wrong way of looking at it imo

Henderson and (to a lesser extent) Gerrard, were every bit as integral to that team as Suarez was, because without them he doesn't score the goals.
      There's no one to play him in, there's no one to win the ball back, there's no foundation to build his play on, so he could be the best player ever, but without the guys behind him doing the grunt work, it just doesn't happen.

"Henderson and to a lesser extent Gerrard", oh WOW, that's amazing, just amazing. I've never ever read such rubbish. Henderson played his role that season but to suggest he was more important than the captain and legend Stevie G is simply ridiculous!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #7310: Mar 05, 2020 04:00:08 pm
      "Henderson and to a lesser extent Gerrard", oh WOW, that's amazing, just amazing. I've never ever read such rubbish. Henderson played his role that season but to suggest he was more important than the captain and legend Stevie G is simply ridiculous!

Gerrard's legs had gone by that season, he wasn't able to do half the work he was doing 4-5 years earlier. He sat deep and played the playmaker role whereas Henderson was the "engine room" as he was doing most of the running. Gerrard was important to the team that season and got quite a few goals albeit the majority from the spot but he's right about Henderson being more integral to the way we played. Gerrard's influence and leadership can't be disputed but in pure footballing terms Henderson was more important to our style of play that season
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7311: Mar 05, 2020 04:08:04 pm
      Gerrard's legs had gone by that season, he wasn't able to do half the work he was doing 4-5 years earlier. He sat deep and played the playmaker role whereas Henderson was the "engine room" as he was doing most of the running. Gerrard was important to the team that season and got quite a few goals albeit the majority from the spot but he's right about Henderson being more integral to the way we played. Gerrard's influence and leadership can't be disputed but in pure footballing terms Henderson was more important to our style of play that season

Now if you put the Gerrard from 2005 - 2010 in that team, behind Suarez in the "10", with Henderson behind both, I reckon we win the league that year, regardless of Henderson missing the last few games.

It's not just about the supply either, it's about winning the ball back early which is something Henderson excels at.

For me, it just comes down to how you view a team.
      Which part is the most critical.
      For me, it has always been, and always will be, the midfield; without them the strikers/forwards don't get the ball, the defense gets no cover.
      Even with Klopp's usual system, and the midfield being a defensive unit primarily, to allow the FB's the freedom to play so high and attack so much, they are the cog that knits everything together.

Just to touch on that season though, re: Gerrard, he was playing after epideurals, all sorts of other painkilling injections, his pelvis had split previously due to infection, so it really was an incredible effort from him, and just shows how much it meant to him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7312: Mar 05, 2020 04:09:06 pm

Sorry but I disagree, what I base my view on is that I never rated Henderson until last season, yes I know a lot of his work went unnoticed previously but in all honesty its only the last couple of seasons that he's developed the skills and maturity to control the midfield effectively.

Anyway we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. What we can agree on is that he's a vital player for us now.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #7313: Mar 05, 2020 04:10:47 pm
      I'm in my 60's fella.

The way I look at it - as good as Henderson was that season, and I'm not taking anything away from him, there were still probably a couple of dozen top level midfielders in the world who still could have done that job. You take Suarez out of that team and replace him with any other striker at the time (even Messi & Ronaldo) and we aren't as good

Quick Reply