Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 729541 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7590: Jul 19, 2021 08:07:27 pm
      Strikes me as Hendo’s agent leaking this to the press to force the clubs hand.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #7591: Jul 19, 2021 08:09:17 pm
      The point is FSG  are capable of fuckuppery  in soccer matters at such levels that any major issue dependant on their judgement causes mass panic amongst supporters!

Experience of such F**k ups over their tenure heightens anxiety levels, consequently any suggestions of contractual uncertainty is bound to result in negative comment,

;D

You'd do well in Twitter Stu.

Plenty of bedwetters on there who lose their sh*t at the slightest bit of a non story.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #7592: Jul 19, 2021 08:11:12 pm
      ;D

Plenty of bedwetters on there who lose their sh*t at the slightest bit of a non story.

They have some now wishing Henry was dead 😳
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #7593: Jul 19, 2021 08:40:22 pm
      They always start on his missus as well, mental.

Yep that as well
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6365 
      Reply #7594: Jul 19, 2021 09:56:28 pm
      Strikes me as Hendo’s agent leaking this to the press to force the clubs hand.

That would be my guess because it only puts pressure on the club, no way they would leak this info.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #7595: Jul 19, 2021 10:27:03 pm
      ;D

What's all that about then?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #7596: Jul 19, 2021 10:29:39 pm

Just your fondness for the dramatic overreaction to FSG would fit in well with many of the LFC Twitter guys.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #7597: Jul 19, 2021 10:33:22 pm

The ESL debacle was Twitter material but FSG dragged the club through the gutter with real life relevations!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #7598: Jul 19, 2021 10:36:46 pm
      Just your fondness for the dramatic overreaction to FSG would fit in well with many of the LFC Twitter guys.

See the "over reaction" below which the club were fined for and FSG were forced to apologise to one and all for their scurrilous actions.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #7599: Jul 19, 2021 11:43:05 pm
      Hopeful to see Jordan Henderson lifting up more silverware , for the Reds, in the coming season. This time in front of a full house at Anfield.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,105 posts | 83 
      Reply #7600: Jul 20, 2021 06:37:38 am
      Henderson is just a workhorse like Gini. They (Jürgen!) don't value both pretty high, else - trust me - they'd have met Gini's demands. The same will happen with Hendo. They will keep him 2 years and let him walk if not he accepts a 1-2 year deal.

Fabinho on the other hand is a workhorse too, but has more quality than both, Hendo and Gini. He's also younger. He'll be extended.

I think Jürgen sees Curtis as Hendo's heir: Curtis is the better football player already and could easily be transformed into a midfield workhorse (it's just an attitude thing).
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #7601: Jul 20, 2021 07:54:52 am
      Henderson is just a workhorse like Gini. They (Jürgen!) don't value both pretty high, else - trust me - they'd have met Gini's demands. The same will happen with Hendo. They will keep him 2 years and let him walk if not he accepts a 1-2 year deal.

Fabinho on the other hand is a workhorse too, but has more quality than both, Hendo and Gini. He's also younger. He'll be extended.

I think Jürgen sees Curtis as Hendo's heir: Curtis is the better football player already and could easily be transformed into a midfield workhorse (it's just an attitude thing).

What a load of crap. With all due respect, if you think the only thing Gini and Hendo bring/brought to the team was their work rate, you are deluded my friend.
      There is a reason Jürgen kept selecting them every time they were fit...

Curtis will become an amazing player for us, but he's nowhere near Hendo's level yet. Better technical skills does not mean better footballer.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #7602: Jul 20, 2021 11:07:47 am
      He's our captain and he deserves to be given what he wants. For sure, he's not greedy so give him a new contract.

He plays for the shirt which is missing in so many players nowadays.

YNWA Jordan.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,105 posts | 83 
      Reply #7603: Jul 20, 2021 11:47:36 am
      With all due respect, if you think the only thing Gini and Hendo bring/brought to the team was their work rate,

That is what I think. Both were players to hold the ball and to press as a second wave after our front three. For such a task an average football player is sufficient. This is the very reason they didn't met Gini's demands. They won't overpay on some non-difference maker. Henderson is the same type. I know all of you will get premature ejaculation but if you closely look how Jürgen uses/used Hendo and not take any attention to his praises then you will see that Hendo is just a workhorse plus leadership. Now, if Hendo was 27 I'd give him a long term contract and pay him, but with 31? No. There are many players like Hendo, willing (out of necessity) to make their hands and legs dirty, players that are younger and therefore more restless.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #7604: Jul 20, 2021 11:49:33 am
      He's our captain and he deserves to be given what he wants. For sure, he's not greedy so give him a new contract.

YNWA Jordan.

Sorry I don’t think any player should get what they want - club shouldnt break their wage and contract structure for one player. That the sort of stuff that has clubs in trouble

Henderson will be offer the same sort of contract when his current one runs out but a reduced length due to him being 33
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #7605: Jul 20, 2021 12:33:43 pm
      Were owned by minges and it will come home to roost
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Reply #7606: Jul 20, 2021 12:47:59 pm
      That is what I think. Both were players to hold the ball and to press as a second wave after our front three. For such a task an average football player is sufficient. This is the very reason they didn't met Gini's demands. They won't overpay on some non-difference maker. Henderson is the same type. I know all of you will get premature ejaculation but if you closely look how Jürgen uses/used Hendo and not take any attention to his praises then you will see that Hendo is just a workhorse plus leadership. Now, if Hendo was 27 I'd give him a long term contract and pay him, but with 31? No. There are many players like Hendo, willing (out of necessity) to make their hands and legs dirty, players that are younger and therefore more restless.

I'm not and never Hendo big fan but you underestimated what he and Gini done for this team.
      Atleast, a pressing job you said easy to find player to do, it's a joke really.
      Who are those player who have physical and mentality to do pressing job for us effectively?
      Pressing, need determination to do and there are not many players like to dedicate themselves for the team.
      Also it's a smart pressing that we need, not headless chicken. Player to do so need technical skills and game intelligent to do it effectively.
      IMO, not easy to find that kind of players. 
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      Reply #7607: Jul 20, 2021 12:50:52 pm

Sorry I don’t think any player should get what they want - club shouldnt break their wage and contract structure for one player. That the sort of stuff that has clubs in trouble

Henderson will be offer the same sort of contract when his current one runs out but a reduced length due to him being 33

Another pro FSG from guess who
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #7608: Jul 20, 2021 12:54:05 pm

See, you already added leadership to Hendo's qualities...  ;)
      Hendo also brings a 'clever' leadership, helping his teammates with their positioning. It's not surprising we are more organized whenever he plays, and if you think that's easy or unimportant, think again.

Also, do you really believe Barcelona and Paris were ready to pay high wages for an average player? The 'non-difference maker' also did pretty good at the Euros with the Dutch team, you know.

At the end of the day, I'm glad Jürgen is our manager and not you.  ;D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #7609: Jul 20, 2021 12:57:43 pm
      Another pro FSG from guess who

So you want the club to give a player whatever they want when it comes to contract renewals? None of our owners have done that - a club would be mad to do it - look what happened with Arsenal and Ozil ?

Are incapable of looking past your hatred for our owners
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,105 posts | 83 
      Reply #7610: Jul 20, 2021 02:01:09 pm
      Who are those player who have physical and mentality to do pressing job for us effectively?
      Pressing, need determination to do and there are not many players like to dedicate themselves for the team.

Klopp is known to use very average guys for this midfield role like Kevin Großkreutz when he was in Dortmund. That's actually Klopp's secret to be successful with inferior clubs: his pressing system enables him to use weaker players in midfield whereas in different systems you need esspecially gifted players in these midfield positions. Also of course we talk here about "average" or "weaker" among the best players of the world, so if I say Hendo/Gini are average I still mean they are world class.

Also I wanna say I like Hendo overall and if he was younger I'd gladly extent. But he's 31 now? Would u overpay such a guy just to be your mascot? I mean there was a time not too long ago that Hendo was not used regularly and to be honest if everyone is fit and in shape then Keita seems to be better alongside Thiago and Fabinho.

I just hope this won't become a drama. I hope Hendo does it like Gini: play out your contract and then move.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #7611: Jul 20, 2021 02:08:45 pm

YNWA Jordan.

Disagree.

He deserves a longer contract maybe but not 'whatever he wants'.

Not like he would be the first Captain to leave us and not see his career out at the club.

He'll stay, no doubt in my mind, but I wouldn't be in a huge rush to give him a massive longer contract.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      Reply #7612: Jul 20, 2021 03:31:21 pm

So you want the club to give a player whatever they want when it comes to contract renewals? None of our owners have done that - a club would be mad to do it - look what happened with Arsenal and Ozil ?

Are incapable of looking past your hatred for our owners

Just dont betterany of our better players contracts. The players will move on and make sure FSGs bank balance stays full

Quick Reply