Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 732547 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7705: Jan 02, 2022 08:10:04 pm
      Thought Fab was equally as poor today. Milly does what he does. Keita didn't do much when he came on. AOC is a passenger.

But for some reason Hendo seems to come in for most stick.

Two bad games in row for me, just ran round like a headless chicken today.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #7706: Jan 02, 2022 08:53:03 pm
      Thought Fab was equally as poor today. Milly does what he does. Keita didn't do much when he came on. AOC is a passenger.

But for some reason Hendo seems to come in for most stick.

If Keita gets a chance to play 90 minutes and is as poor as Hendo has been then fine but he hasn't.  Do you expect him just to come on and change everything from the bench
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #7707: Jan 02, 2022 09:03:52 pm
      If Keita gets a chance to play 90 minutes and is as poor as Hendo has been then fine but he hasn't.  Do you expect him just to come on and change everything from the bench

Do you expect him to be left out if he was proving he shouldn’t be?
      rossyred

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #7708: Jan 02, 2022 09:09:11 pm
      Do you expect him to be left out if he was proving he shouldn’t be?

How can you prove you shouldn't be if you are not starting games ?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7709: Jan 02, 2022 09:19:39 pm

He's had 5 years or whatever to nail down a place. Tbh I don't 'expect' anything from him at this stage.   If he comes on/starts, and does well, when he's actually fit, then great.  But he's not someone Jürgen trusts from what I can make out based on team selections, particularly in big games.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #7710: Jan 02, 2022 09:21:59 pm
      Isn’t that what subs are meant to do?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #7711: Jan 02, 2022 09:23:07 pm
      Not a single one of them played well, they were all as bad as each other. When Ox and Keita came on they couldn’t have looked less enthusiastic and up for it.

Huge gulf in midfield quality today (based on performance)
      rossyred

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #7712: Jan 02, 2022 09:23:09 pm
      He's had 5 years or whatever to nail down a place. Tbh I don't 'expect' anything from him at this stage.   If he comes on/starts, and does well, when he's actually fit, then great.  But he's not someone Jürgen trusts from what I can make out based on team selections, particularly in big games.

When he has started and off the bench at times he has done well on the whole. I think back to Utd game before Pogba assaulted him he ran the show from the advanced position he cannot play the holding role needs freedom and no better presser  which our system doesn't really lend itself to in most games
      rossyred

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #7713: Jan 02, 2022 09:25:04 pm
      Isn’t that what subs are meant to do?

Yes like he did against Leicester . If you have ever played football before it's  not always that easy to put your stamp on a game in 20 mins especially when  you are asked to play position which is not your favourite
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #7714: Jan 02, 2022 09:32:03 pm
      How can you prove you shouldn't be if you are not starting games ?

Not heard of training?

Unless you think he’s been unbelievable in that but left out regardless

Yes like he did against Leicester . If you have ever played football before it's  not always that easy to put your stamp on a game in 20 mins especially when  you are asked to play position which is not your favourite

He came on the week after against Leicester looking like he’s never kicked a ball before

If you think he’s showing it in training and being left out regardless you’re kidding yourself
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #7715: Jan 02, 2022 09:33:12 pm
      I thought he should have been hooked instead of Milner today. Looked leggy today but I can’t say anything as I could hardly walk after tidying the garden yesterday 😬
      rossyred

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #7716: Jan 02, 2022 09:36:57 pm
      Not heard of training?

Unless you think he’s been unbelievable in that but left out regardless

He came on the week after against Leicester looking like he’s never kicked a ball before

If you think he’s showing it in training and being left out regardless you’re kidding yourself

Came on again see my last point that it ain't always that easy and again was asked to play holding role.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #7717: Jan 02, 2022 09:40:13 pm
      Came on again see my last point that it ain't always that easy and again was asked to play holding role.

Well again

Don’t you think they practice these things in training?

You think they just piss around and then say

Nabs… go and hold for me, I know you haven’t tried it or we haven’t worked on it but go ed lad
      rossyred

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #7718: Jan 02, 2022 09:44:00 pm
      Well again

Don’t you think they practice these things in training?

You think they just piss around and then say

Nabs… go and hold for me, I know you haven’t tried it or we haven’t worked on it but go ed lad

You can't practice for something you don't know is going to happen . The game you are referring to is when Robbo was sent off so all plans out of the window. I get your point about training and if he is not showing it then fair enough but there is not a chance they worked on him playing a specific role from the bench just doesn't happen
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #7719: Jan 02, 2022 09:54:31 pm
      You can't practice for something you don't know is going to happen . The game you are referring to is when Robbo was sent off so all plans out of the window. I get your point about training and if he is not showing it then fair enough but there is not a chance they worked on him playing a specific role from the bench just doesn't happen

Not a specific role or situation from the bench no mate, but a position, yes defiantly

Then these are professional players who should be able to adapt
      It’s awareness, it’s reading, they should be able to do it

I’ll be honest, Chelsea were great today in terms of giving our midfield no time, really excellent

I said to my lad about a minute before we conceded the first that it was so important to get to half time at 2-0 and F**k me 3 minutes later it’s 2-2

No matter what level of football you’ve played that can happen and in retrospect you have to give credit to the opposition
      rossyred

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #7720: Jan 02, 2022 10:35:48 pm
      Not a specific role or situation from the bench no mate, but a position, yes defiantly

Then these are professional players who should be able to adapt
      It’s awareness, it’s reading, they should be able to do it

I’ll be honest, Chelsea were great today in terms of giving our midfield no time, really excellent

I said to my lad about a minute before we conceded the first that it was so important to get to half time at 2-0 and f**k me 3 minutes later it’s 2-2

No matter what level of football you’ve played that can happen and in retrospect you have to give credit to the opposition

Said that in the thread up against a very good side away from home it can happen. Freak of a goal though knocked stuffing out of us and all over place for 10 mins .
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #7721: Jan 02, 2022 11:07:21 pm
      Whilst Henderson' form has dipped, he is not the only one with this problem. The entire midfield seems to have their fitness problems, or lack of form !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6740 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7722: Jan 03, 2022 05:52:03 am
      The Captains from has been worrying. Last game he was trying Steven Gerrard volleys that kept going into Row Z and then against the Chavs, every time he got the ball, he turned it over. And he was sitting there yelling  at everyone when he was the main culprit.

Sort that sh*t out skip!
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #7723: Jan 03, 2022 07:53:14 am
      The way he loses Pulisic for his goal is criminal. Stay with your runner not jog back like you can't be arsed.

I personally think he's no longer good enough as skipper and warranting a start in our 11.

We need two world class midfielders and one of them to replace Jordan.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7724: Jan 03, 2022 11:01:57 am
      The way he loses Pulisic for his goal is criminal. Stay with your runner not jog back like you can't be arsed.

I personally think he's no longer good enough as skipper and warranting a start in our 11.

We need two world class midfielders and one of them to replace Jordan.

A lot of our.players do that, the losing of runners and not busting a gut to get back, Trents the king of it
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,156 posts | 259 
      Reply #7725: Jan 04, 2022 05:35:07 am
      Whilst Henderson' form has dipped, he is not the only one with this problem. The entire midfield seems to have their fitness problems, or lack of form !

Problem is Henderson has a good game when others play well.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #7726: Jan 04, 2022 10:02:37 am
      Problem is Henderson has a good game when others play well.

Didn't used to be the case though it definitely is this season.

I actually can't recall a game where I thought he was at his best this season though.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #7727: Jan 04, 2022 11:17:35 am
      Didn't used to be the case though it definitely is this season.

I actually can't recall a game where I thought he was at his best this season though.

If the rest of the midfield are not playing well then Hendo struggles he hasnt played well for a while we need him to hit form and now

Quick Reply