Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720566 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7774: Feb 13, 2022 07:17:19 pm
      Thought he was poor again today. Had a lot of poor games this season to be honest.

He was but I think partly down to his role today, a lot of time out right covering/protecting Trent.

I do think hes in trouble though in relation to being a safe pick
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #7775: Feb 13, 2022 08:24:12 pm
      Thought he was poor again today. Had a lot of poor games this season to be honest.

Agree.

Can count on one hand the amount of good games Jordan has had this season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7776: Feb 14, 2022 05:05:03 am
      Yep has been very poor most of the season.

It's a shame because i always felt more protected out on the field with him but I'm not feeling that anymore.

alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #7777: Feb 14, 2022 05:11:47 am
      Agree.

Can count on one hand the amount of good games Jordan has had this season.

True, but I suspect the has been a change which does not suit him. When we're in possession and going forward, Hendo takes the right wing and TAA goes inside in midfield. That has not worked well for him. Maybe for Trent, but not Hendo.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #7778: Feb 17, 2022 04:55:57 am
      Put some RESPECT on this mans name
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #7779: Feb 17, 2022 06:45:24 am
      Put some RESPECT on this mans name

Here's the thing, saying that he has been below par this season does not mean we don't respect him. I've had the same debate about Firmino. It's not because they are important players that we can't say they should do better if they start. No one is perfect.

Yesterday he was very good and brought with him his calmness, leadership and passing we've been looking for. When he plays like that, he's a starter for sure.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #7780: Feb 17, 2022 04:52:02 pm
      Henderson has been out of form lately but he did make a difference once he came on
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #7781: Feb 17, 2022 09:49:32 pm
      Henderson has been out of form lately but he did make a difference once he came on

Much better.

Story of his season I feel. On the whole way off his best but sporadic games or moments where he had been good.

Actually was better than good last night and really too control of the game like the Hendo of old.
      « Last Edit: Feb 17, 2022 10:03:15 pm by srslfc »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7782: Feb 27, 2022 08:23:35 pm
      Very well spoken there skipper
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #7783: Feb 27, 2022 09:10:50 pm
      Form has been suspect this season but he's turning it around.

One thing never in doubt though is he's a winner and you could see him driving the lads on during this game with his will to win.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #7784: Feb 27, 2022 09:29:46 pm
      How does it work when the team gets a player who doesn’t speak English? Do they get him a translator 24/7, give him a teacher, or on his own?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #7785: Feb 27, 2022 09:30:53 pm
      How does it work when the team gets a player who doesn’t speak English? Do they get him a translator 24/7, give him a teacher, or on his own?

Jordan’s English has got a lot better recently 😁
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #7786: Feb 27, 2022 09:32:23 pm
      Form has been suspect this season but he's turning it around.

One thing never in doubt though is he's a winner and you could see him driving the lads on during this game with his will to win.

I really thought he was magnificent today. His movement and energy was excellent and his departure from the field saw us down a bit on power and thought (that said, I thought Milly did a good disruptor role!).

He really is stepping up at the right moment. An absolute joy to see him lift another trophy for us.

10 years on from his first trophy and here's to many more! Well in Jordan!
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #7787: Feb 27, 2022 09:32:23 pm
      Jordan’s English has got a lot better recently 😁

;D wtf. Meant to post this in the Diaz thread.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7788: Mar 28, 2022 12:59:27 pm
      Our captain in the Athletic:

Jordan Henderson has admitted it would make sense to move Liverpool’s FA Cup semi-final with Manchester City to a neutral venue due to the travel chaos fans face to attend the game.

The match has been scheduled for 16 April and will be held at 3.30pm BST. However, there is no train travel to London from the north West over the Easter weekend, which means fans will struggle to attend the game through public transport.

The FA is putting on 100 free buses to the game, which are expected to hold 5,000 supporters. City are also laying on 50 coaches.

And Henderson, 31, has admitted he has been thinking about the impact on fans in recent weeks.

“I’ve been thinking a bit more about the fans,” said Henderson. “I think in many ways it’s their day and (it’s tough) not being able to get down to London for different reasons — the cost (that’s involved) of that.

“So, in my head, it would make sense obviously change it to a (different) neutral venue — especially with it being two teams from the north-west. That’s just my opinion. There’s obviously complications within that, which I'm sure the FA have got to overcome.

“But looking at the situation as a fan — which is probably the most important thing for me and something that we’ve learned over the past couple of years how important the fans are to football — that it is really disappointing to see that it’s a struggle. It’s got to be expensive for them to get there.”
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #7789: Mar 28, 2022 05:30:29 pm
      Our captain in the Athletic:

Jordan Henderson has admitted it would make sense to move Liverpool’s FA Cup semi-final with Manchester City to a neutral venue due to the travel chaos fans face to attend the game.

The match has been scheduled for 16 April and will be held at 3.30pm BST. However, there is no train travel to London from the north West over the Easter weekend, which means fans will struggle to attend the game through public transport.

The FA is putting on 100 free buses to the game, which are expected to hold 5,000 supporters. City are also laying on 50 coaches.

And Henderson, 31, has admitted he has been thinking about the impact on fans in recent weeks.

“I’ve been thinking a bit more about the fans,” said Henderson. “I think in many ways it’s their day and (it’s tough) not being able to get down to London for different reasons — the cost (that’s involved) of that.

“So, in my head, it would make sense obviously change it to a (different) neutral venue — especially with it being two teams from the north-west. That’s just my opinion. There’s obviously complications within that, which I'm sure the FA have got to overcome.

“But looking at the situation as a fan — which is probably the most important thing for me and something that we’ve learned over the past couple of years how important the fans are to football — that it is really disappointing to see that it’s a struggle. It’s got to be expensive for them to get there.”

The FA thinking about the fans?  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Look at it this way. There are 10,000 fans at the game (5,000 from each team). The rest are just sponsors, etc. People that will not want to travel. Which category do you think the FA cares about more? (hint: it's not the fans)
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7790: Apr 05, 2022 10:16:52 pm
      Calmed things on when he came on tonight.
      Proper leader and will start Sunday.
      Big few weeks for the captain.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #7791: Apr 08, 2022 02:42:09 am
      Let's hope he gets sore arms at the back end of the season. Sore from lifting up all those trophies!!
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7792: Apr 08, 2022 02:45:30 am
      Let's hope he gets sore arms at the back end of the season. Sore from lifting up all those trophies!!

That league cup win was just him getting some Hendo shuffle practice in for the big ones :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #7793: Apr 08, 2022 03:48:30 am
      That league cup win was just him getting some Hendo shuffle practice in for the big ones :)

I'm trying to learn the steps again, he may have to complete the shuffle a few more times, so I get the gist of it.  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #7794: May 14, 2022 10:47:56 pm
      Legend status secured if it wasn't already.

Lifted the lot as skipper.

Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #7795: May 14, 2022 11:32:40 pm
      Legend status secured if it wasn't already.

Lifted the lot as skipper.

Absolutely Si, I always feel so much more confident when he's in our midfield, his experience is valuable to the team, I'm made up for him, he's a credit to himself, his family and Liverpool FC.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #7796: May 15, 2022 01:59:07 am
      Thought he was fantastic today.

I'm embarrassed I ever doubted him. I backed him for the first few seasons then sometime around 2016/2017 I doubted him and lost faith. I was an idiot and I've never felt as apologetic on anything surrounding Liverpool as I do with him. Aside from Jürgen, what he's done is the most remarkable thing out of anyone associated with Liverpool. I remember seeing him live in a Liverpool shirt for the first time against Wolves in September 2011. I think he played out right while Lucas and Charlie Adam played midfield. If you'd told me he'd win the lot as captain just a decade or so later I'd have not believed you. Maybe the most remarkable Liverpool career I'll ever witness.

Here's to many more trophies Captain.

Quick Reply