Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720257 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread (M)
      Reply #7889: Oct 29, 2022 12:33:51 pm

Wasn't it more F***ing w**ker!!

Hence the confusion in Gabriel's head trying to work out that Mackem accent :laugh:

Some thing that happened with Holgate and Bobby plus Tom Adeyemi v the Kop from the Oldham cup tie in about 2012 when Adeyemi cried like a bi*ch accusing fans of racially abusing him, only for the police to get every F***ing witness statement saying the fan in question called him a "manc tw*t" rather than Adeyemi's accusation.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7890: Oct 29, 2022 01:24:26 pm
      The League are condoning false accusations because they are unfit to manage and are sh*t scared of everything
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #7891: Dec 05, 2022 01:14:06 am
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #7892: Dec 05, 2022 05:01:17 pm

Only 19 but speaks like a seasoned pundit and incredibly mature. What a player and what a fine job Dortmund have done with him.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #7894: Dec 06, 2022 04:10:01 am
      Hendo is a legend, and I dare say the best captian we have ever had. If not number one, then certainly near the top. He's the first Captian to lift the club world cup and he led us to the prem title after 30 years. Throw in a few more fun nights at Wembley, lifting #6, and being the model captian during COVID to hisn long list of accomplishments and you got a boss dude.

However, if we signed Jude, that would be his biggest accomplishment at the club. Jude is the real deal, and would set us up for the foreseeable future. Hendo seems to be at the forefront of guiding the kid to Anfield.

Time will tell
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7895: Dec 06, 2022 09:03:44 am
      Hendo defo up there with previous captains.

But he defo no.1 for disrespect and such.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #7896: Dec 06, 2022 03:48:30 pm
      Hendo is a legend, and I dare say the best captian we have ever had. If not number one, then certainly near the top. He's the first Captian to lift the club world cup and he led us to the prem title after 30 years. Throw in a few more fun nights at Wembley, lifting #6, and being the model captian during COVID to hisn long list of accomplishments and you got a boss dude.

However, if we signed Jude, that would be his biggest accomplishment at the club. Jude is the real deal, and would set us up for the foreseeable future. Hendo seems to be at the forefront of guiding the kid to Anfield.

Time will tell

Legend yes

But not the best captain. Sorry
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7897: Dec 07, 2022 01:11:48 pm
      Legend yes

But not the best captain. Sorry

Who betters him recently.

I think Jordan has proved he was actually a better Captain than Gerrard.

For the grief he's got over his playing ability, his captain's qualities cannot be argued.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #7898: Dec 07, 2022 01:13:33 pm

For the grief he's got over his playing ability, his captain's qualities cannot be argued.

100% been a stronger captain than Stevie.

Grew here as a player and a leader and won the lot. Amazing that some people play down how influential he has been during this recent period.

As a player he's on the wane but as a person and a leader he just gets stronger and stronger.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7899: Dec 07, 2022 02:42:13 pm

Well put.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7900: Dec 07, 2022 10:05:03 pm
      Jordan is a great Captain but Stevie G will always be Captain Fantastic for me!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #7901: Dec 07, 2022 11:04:45 pm
      Totally agree with HR and Si on this. Gerrard will always be the greatest player I've ever seen in a red shirt and he was a fine captain as well but Hendo is the number 1 leader for me.

Hendo's leadership skills are unmatched - like all great leaders on and off the field he displays humility and a desire to let others shine and make sure that everyone share the glory. One of the most selfless characters around and has made a mockery of many people who doubted him at times (like myself).
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #7902: Dec 07, 2022 11:05:56 pm
      Stevie was the the best player in the team for most of his career. Maybe there are some players who had a few good seasons and we could argue that they were better- Suarez, Torres, Alonso. But Stevie usually had to carry an average team.
      Jordan's captaincy has coincided with Klopp and he's not the best player on the pitch. But he's one of the most important players because of his leadership and ability to influence how the other players perform.
      He's showing us how important he is for England; I hope he can add a WC winner's medal to his collection.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #7903: Dec 08, 2022 12:21:18 am
      Hendo is proof that sometimes you don't have to be the most gifted footballer to have a huge influence. He is clearly not in the same stratosphere as Gerrard for footballing ability (not many are to be fair) but for graft, resilience, determination and leadership he is very much up there. A fantastic example to his teammates and anyone really who wonders how far hard work can take them. I will never forgot how he nearly left the club and the debates that took place in all seriousness at that time about who was the better of him and Shelvey. Who'd have put their money then on him becoming such an important part of a legendary team.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7904: Dec 08, 2022 08:57:55 am
      Stevie was the the best player in the team for most of his career. Maybe there are some players who had a few good seasons and we could argue that they were better- Suarez, Torres, Alonso. But Stevie usually had to carry an average team.
      Jordan's captaincy has coincided with Klopp and he's not the best player on the pitch. But he's one of the most important players because of his leadership and ability to influence how the other players perform.
      He's showing us how important he is for England; I hope he can add a WC winner's medal to his collection.

no way i want unguurlaaand winning anything. yuk never hear the end of it.

but

if they did I would be very pleased for hendo.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #7905: Dec 08, 2022 01:05:01 pm

A better captain? I doubt it.

Gerrard was never going to disappear in games like Hendo still does. That'ms my issue with him. Hendo is a very good captain by Gerrard was a one in a million player and he lifted the team like no one else. What frustrates me with Henderson is that he doesn't boss the midfield like great midfielders can: slowing down the game, keeping possession when needed or making things move quickly.

Anyway, both were great, but no one comes close to Gerrard to me. He was so good as a player that he was a natural leader just because of that. It would have been unimaginable to drop Gerrard. You can drop Hendo and your team could be as good if not better.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7906: Dec 08, 2022 02:52:23 pm
      Jordan is a great Captain but Stevie G will always be Captain Fantastic for me!

Problem is Ian Steven was a world class player but his captain's qualities were all down to what he did himself and he was a lot quieter on the pitch.

Jordan just doesn't shut the F**k up and drives everyone on the pitch.

A better captain? I doubt it.

Gerrard was never going to disappear in games like Hendo still does. That'ms my issue with him. Hendo is a very good captain by Gerrard was a one in a million player and he lifted the team like no one else. What frustrates me with Henderson is that he doesn't boss the midfield like great midfielders can: slowing down the game, keeping possession when needed or making things move quickly.

Anyway, both were great, but no one comes close to Gerrard to me. He was so good as a player that he was a natural leader just because of that. It would have been unimaginable to drop Gerrard. You can drop Hendo and your team could be as good if not better.

Gerrard was a great player, he was not a great Captain. He was too quiet on the pitch. He drove people forward by what he did. So if he had a poor game, he would hardly say F**k all.

Simple example is Mascherano's sending off at Old Trafford. Where was Gerrard when Masch was losing his sh*t and getting sent off. Your Captain was over the other side of the pitch keeping his head down!!

Gerrard is world class player and would beat Hendo in terms of playing the game etc, but againit comes to actual captaincy, Hendo has Gerrard beat hands down.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #7907: Dec 08, 2022 04:04:08 pm
      Problem is Ian Steven was a world class player but his captain's qualities were all down to what he did himself and he was a lot quieter on the pitch.

Jordan just doesn't shut the f**k up and drives everyone on the pitch.

Gerrard was a great player, he was not a great Captain. He was too quiet on the pitch. He drove people forward by what he did. So if he had a poor game, he would hardly say f**k all.

Simple example is Mascherano's sending off at Old Trafford. Where was Gerrard when Masch was losing his sh*t and getting sent off. Your Captain was over the other side of the pitch keeping his head down!!

Gerrard is world class player and would beat Hendo in terms of playing the game etc, but againit comes to actual captaincy, Hendo has Gerrard beat hands down.

I don't think we had the same souvenir of Gerrard. Mascherano would be sent off with whatever captain he had. He got expelled at Barca too I think.

Gerrard was not always shouting but he was vocal and took responsibility in midfield. And just for his influence on the game, he will always be head and shoulders above Henderson.
      « Last Edit: Dec 08, 2022 04:21:19 pm by alex1995 »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7908: Dec 09, 2022 09:59:34 am
      Carra was our real captain in that era.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #7909: Dec 09, 2022 10:28:40 am
      Carra was our real captain in that era.

Carra gave his all for the side, when ever he played. A true legend of the club.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #7910: Dec 09, 2022 10:31:37 am
      I don't think we had the same souvenir of Gerrard. Mascherano would be sent off with whatever captain he had. He got expelled at Barca too I think.

Gerrard was not always shouting but he was vocal and took responsibility in midfield. And just for his influence on the game, he will always be head and shoulders above Henderson.

Gerrard led by example through his ability on the pitch and he was superb at it

Henderson leads by the way he conducts himself and is outstanding at it - he is Englands de facto skipper

Players react differently to the style of captaincy - Gerrard when he was captain at times felt like he had to do it all and some players at times felt inferior and left it to him , im not sure how affective as a skipper he would be in the current squad

The current squad all look up to Hendo because of the way he acts and imo he could be a great skipper in any of our squads

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7911: Dec 09, 2022 11:05:14 am

Exception being that Premier League medal!!

Quick Reply