Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 744127 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,102 posts | 2129 
      Re: Re: Jordan Henderson -> Al Ettifaq
      Reply #8073: Jul 26, 2023 07:38:09 pm
      It's hard to believe I'm typing this 12 years later. In proving his worth time and time again after doubting him, he taught me and others a lot about how to be a better supporter.

You did it all Hendo. Nothing more to be said or done. Truly one of the greatest and arguably the greatest captain this club has ever had. It's not about the skill - it's all about the character. Player, manager, club staff, supporter - we'll always be that little bit worse off without him.

Here's to you Jordan Henderson!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #8074: Jul 26, 2023 08:01:45 pm
      It's hard to believe I'm typing this 12 years later. In proving his worth time and time again after doubting him, he taught me and others a lot about how to be a better supporter.

You did it all Hendo. Nothing more to be said or done. Truly one of the greatest and arguably the greatest captain this club has ever had. It's not about the skill - it's all about the character. Player, manager, club staff, supporter - we'll always be that little bit worse off without him.

Here's to you Jordan Henderson!

Just seen his video, glad he posted one for you lads mate. 👍
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #8075: Jul 26, 2023 08:06:16 pm
      And now he's released a farewell vid on Instagram before the club have made any announcement.

It’s embarrassing - what the F**k is he doing? Making weird farewell videos that you can hardly hear with the sh*te background music.

Awful exit. Just F**k off now.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #8076: Jul 26, 2023 08:15:32 pm
      Brilliant insta post captain.  👌
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #8077: Jul 26, 2023 08:29:11 pm
      Why didn't you show the same energy to Axa? Or Standard Chartered? Or Nike? Or Dunkin Donuts? What car do you drive? As I'm pretty sure they'll have showrooms over there. How about the brands you eat do they also sell over there or have then boycotted them for their barbaric ways?

I've never been in dunkin donuts, been associated with AXA or standard chartered or bought a Nike kit. In fact I don't think I've owned a Nike item in over 30 years.

Anything else lad?

I see he's put his video out. Won't be viewing. I'm sure he layed it on thick with the fake tears and fan for life bs and 'it was the right time' nonsense.

You've fcuked us off for greed hendo. A hypocrite.

I'll always remember, respect and be appreciative of all he has done here. He's a legend of this club no doubt and deservedly so. That's why I'm so upset with this in a purely football sense.

He should have gotten a standing ovation when the time came to leave ... like Bobby did.

But he's blindsided Jürgen and the club and abandoned ship and sold out in typical hypocrite fashion . He's dimmed his star and tarnished his legacy here permanently. And I for one won't be rolling out the red carpet when he does decide to visit.

People are entitled to their own opinion. We don't have to agree. That's mine and I stand by it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #8078: Jul 26, 2023 08:29:59 pm
      It’s embarrassing - what the F**k is he doing? Making weird farewell videos that you can hardly hear with the sh*te background music.

He may well go down as a hypocrite in many fans eyes but I just don’t know how you turn that type of money down. Hell I’d be a hypocrite all day as well if I was in same position.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2862 
      Reply #8079: Jul 26, 2023 08:34:56 pm
      Very strange exit and I think those calling him a hypocrite are justified to be honest.

That being said though, it doesn't take away from what a figure he has been for this club. He's not gone and betrayed us by joining a rival or by biting someone to force through a move so time to focus on the other stuff for me. One of our greatest captains who overcame everything thrown at him and won the F***ing lot.

Mad to think what he's achieved considering Rodgers was desperately trying to flog him to Fulham a year into his Liverpool career.

Thank you Jordan!
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #8080: Jul 26, 2023 08:36:24 pm
      He may well go down as a hypocrite in many fans eyes but I just don’t know how you turn that type of money down. Hell I’d be a hypocrite all day as well if I was in same position.

What .... you'd lower yourself to that if you were a millionaire around 30 times over ... a young family all in primary school etc , a wife and the captain of one of the worlds biggest clubs and a speaker Upper against sports washing, gay acceptance, and long standing atrocity and serious  human rights abuse  out there  ... you'd still do it.

The world is fcuked.

Nothing further to see here. Henderson has gone in a way that leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. He's made his bed ... cheerio.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #8081: Jul 26, 2023 08:36:37 pm
      I've never been in dunkin donuts, been associated with AXA or standard chartered or bought a Nike kit. In fact I don't think I've owned a Nike item in over 30 years.

Anything else lad?

I see he's put his video out. Won't be viewing. I'm sure he layed it on thick with the fake tears and fan for life bs and 'it was the right time' nonsense.

You've fcuked us off for greed hendo. A hypocrite.

I'll always remember, respect and be appreciative of all he has done here. He's a legend of this club no doubt and deservedly so. That's why I'm so upset with this in a purely football sense.

He should have gotten a standing ovation when the time came to leave ... like Bobby did.

But he's blindsided Jürgen and the club and abandoned ship and sold out in typical hypocrite fashion . He's dimmed his star and tarnished his legacy here permanently. And I for one won't be rolling out the red carpet when he does decide to visit.

People are entitled to their own opinion. We don't have to agree. That's mine and I stand by it.

Oh give it a rest its just pathetic, football is  business the aim is to make as much as you can as in any other business. This Corbynista view is very boring and short sighted, you cannot criticise someone for being in a position you will never be.

Good luck captain
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #8082: Jul 26, 2023 08:44:33 pm

Anything else lad?

But all the above our club is associated with and you've not moaned once about it so no need to start now
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #8083: Jul 26, 2023 08:49:53 pm
      What .... you'd lower yourself to that if you were a millionaire around 30 times over ... a young family all in primary school etc , a wife and the captain of one of the worlds biggest clubs and a speaker Upper against sports washing, gay acceptance, and long standing atrocity and serious  human rights abuse  out there  ... you'd still do it.

The world is fcuked.

Nothing further to see here. Henderson has gone in a way that leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. He's made his bed ... cheerio.

It really is a difficult one Don and I’ll tell you why. I like many fans knocked city big time when they became successful with oily money. IE. You bought the league with oily money, you bought the best players with oily money etc etc.

Obviously it’s a lot easier to say because I’m not in his position, maybe if I was already a millionaire I might think differently but just second guessing what I think I would do.

However, I’m now at a age where I would like to see United successful again and if that means being owned by the oilys to do so I’d take it which definitely means id be a hypocrite  ( as a fan ) in that department.

Sad thing about it Don it’s only going to get worse, I honestly believe in years to come it’s going to be the norm. That’s how bad football is getting. When the oilys decide they want in there in, it’s just a question of how many bribes it takes to get there. 🤷‍♂️
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #8084: Jul 26, 2023 08:55:17 pm
      Very strange exit and I think those calling him a hypocrite are justified to be honest.

It certainly is a strange exist and still trying to work out why. I think he’s had a gagging order put on him and can think of 700,000 reasons why. Truth be known I think if he was allowed to speak his mind he would admit he’s a hypocrite.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #8085: Jul 26, 2023 08:59:04 pm
      Thanks for everything Hendo, you lifted every possible trophy and we will have a nice memory of you for sure.

It could have been worse. At least, he is not joining Everton or Utd haha.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #8086: Jul 26, 2023 09:00:28 pm
      Oh give it a rest its just pathetic, football is  business the aim is to make as much as you can as in any other business. This Corbynista view is very boring and short sighted, you cannot criticise someone for being in a position you will never be.

Good luck captain

It’s not pathetic and he’s every reason to speak his mind like you all are. This was always going to be a dubious debate on his actions and will do for a while.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8087: Jul 26, 2023 09:03:41 pm
      Think have always defended Hendo, up to the point that I didn't want him to go this summer and felt he could still have a big influence on the team. If I didn't think that, I'd be OK with him going and making a few bob in retirement at some shitkicker side in the desert.

Just can't be fully on board with this because selfishly I think we have a better chance of finishing higher in the table 'next season' if he stayed. All things considered. He's going a year to soon, and disappointing he doesn't have the fire for one more.
      But he's obviously weighed things up though, and from a financial point of view, it makes sense, end of. Make hay while the suns still shining.

Hendo has been a brilliant captain and top player and influence, lifted all the major trophies that we hadn't lifted for 30 years, and deservedly so, unlucky not to lift a few more. Nobody can take that away from him. Jurgens right hand man, and someone who has proved a lot of people wrong with his determination, hard work and attitude.  And ability :) Will miss the Hendo shuffle. On a personal level wish him the best, but won't be tuning into some PR spun insta video.

Bit like comfortably winning a game 3-0 and letting the other lot score at the death, great game, good result, just the edge taken off at end.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #8088: Jul 26, 2023 09:04:19 pm

Just a step from the letters we got from Luis Garcia and John Arne Riise when they left.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #8089: Jul 26, 2023 09:05:06 pm
      Got a bit teary watching his goodbye video, we've been through a lot with him at the club haven't we.

Enjoy the time in the sun and the extra £££.

Not going to sit here and get mad for him leaving when I wouldn't have wanted him playing anyway, so I feel this works out best for everyone.

YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #8090: Jul 26, 2023 09:06:37 pm
      It’s not pathetic and he’s every reason to speak his mind like you all are. This was always going to be a dubious debate on his actions and will do for a while.

I don't get what the F***ing crying is about, we got £13 million more than we would of done if we had let him leave for a club in this country, which will go back into the transfer pot.
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #8091: Jul 26, 2023 09:10:14 pm
      I don't get what the F***ing crying is about, we got £13 million more than we would of done if we had let him leave for a club in this country, which will go back into the transfer pot.

Exactly  done us a favour i think. 190k a week wages for bit part player and some funds to go towards another player
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #8092: Jul 26, 2023 09:12:17 pm

That’s the big bonus from it all, another £13 million was great business imo but others don’t see it that way. What with the other 40 million it buys you another decent player.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2862 
      Reply #8093: Jul 26, 2023 09:18:08 pm

Bet you'll be buzzing when he gets a testimonial next summer!
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #8094: Jul 26, 2023 09:19:35 pm

Disagree, he needs to realise that the club has taken the Saudi money for hendo and shortly for Fab as well. Is he going g to stop supporting LFC same as he has tossed our captain aside??....

Well he should or else he's a hypocrite as well., or is it just the players money he feels so strongly about.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8095: Jul 26, 2023 09:22:51 pm
      Exactly  done us a favour i think. 190k a week wages for bit part player and some funds to go towards another player

Would be fairly sure Jürgen had no plans to sell him at the start of the summer and he'd have gone into next season again as team Captain.

Wouldnt have played as many games but think he'd have been a lot more than a bit part player.
      Know a lot think the same though, but we can agree to differ.

Quick Reply