Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 748938 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 761 
      Re: Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq)
      Reply #8280: Jan 09, 2024 08:01:10 pm
      Turns out the whole "700k a week" story is bullshit, he's actually on 160k. It's actually crazy how many people went along with this obviously unreal salary amount without questioning it. The media landscape is truly horrendous.

https://streamable.com/ulax0n
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2024 02:43:15 am by PastorGeek »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,143 posts | 3383 
      Reply #8281: Jan 17, 2024 09:14:18 am
      Contract terminated.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #8282: Jan 17, 2024 09:58:25 am
      Aye,  off to Ajax.

By god he changed things in saudi the league is now a footballing mecca. l o l
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #8283: Jan 17, 2024 10:02:07 am
      Didn't feel wanted obviously. Good luck at Ajax Jordan.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #8284: Jan 17, 2024 10:42:45 am
      Sorry lads, and ladettes if this upsets anyone….

But F**k him, he made his bed and now doesn’t want to lie in it, now before anyone gets their bawbag twisted, Jordan Henderson is a Anfield legend, we will never forget what he gave to Liverpool FC, he was a brilliant captain and leader and I doubt he could give anything else, and yes I did say fair play to him when he fu**ed off to the desert, however, don’t ask me to sympathise with his situation now,

He simply just cannot have his cake and eat it, he was already a millionaire before he decided to up sticks taking his family with him, and now six months up the pipe suddenly it’s not so attractive, for me it was sheer and utter greed and him losing his premiership legs looks like a bit of a smokescreen now, I dunno, I expect there might be a few more ex EPL players booking return flights, Bobby having already landing before Xmas, neither will be the last.

Hang on, just putting my tin hat on…………INCOMING !!!!

YNWA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8285: Jan 17, 2024 11:19:07 am
      Absolutely destroyed his legacy and all the LGBTQ+ work for 6 months on 160k a week.
      Money he didn't need.
      Could have taken his ego aside and stayed at the club.

It's absolutely mad.

He's torched his Liverpool and personal legacy for 6 months.

That's not even to mention how fu**ed football media is for blanket claiming he was on 700k a week,
      which we now know he wasn't on.

A disasterclass in how to destroy everything you ever were because of your ego.

Could have remained at the club and finished as a club legend.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #8286: Jan 17, 2024 11:41:47 am

But F**k him, he made his bed and now doesn’t want to lie in it, now before anyone gets their bawbag twisted, Jordan Henderson is a Anfield legend, we will never forget what he gave to Liverpool FC, he was a brilliant captain and leader and I doubt he could give anything else, and yes I did say fair play to him when he fu**ed off to the desert, however, don’t ask me to sympathise with his situation now,

He simply just cannot have his cake and eat it, he was already a millionaire before he decided to up sticks taking his family with him, and now six months up the pipe suddenly it’s not so attractive, for me it was sheer and utter greed and him losing his premiership legs looks like a bit of a smokescreen now, I dunno, I expect there might be a few more ex EPL players booking return flights, Bobby having already landing before Xmas, neither will be the last.

YNWA

TBH mate, he's a club legend that's all that matters to us reds.

Anything he has done since is kind of irrelevant.

I don't give a sh1t about the LGBT stuff, each to their own etc.. 

He is a stupid footballer at the end of the day they make stupid decisions and say stupid things. l o l

But folk will talk, its a great story for the press and pundits and the folk who are interested in the engurlaaand national team sh1te. l o l
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #8287: Jan 17, 2024 11:43:50 am

Could have done lots of things different tbh.

I will never fault anyone for chasing money tho. We all do in life, just to different levels. l o l
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #8288: Jan 17, 2024 11:45:44 am

YNWA
      Yep....He made a monumental error of judgement to exit Anfield, a real shining palace on the hill, for those cardboard cut-out palaces in the desert. His career has duly hit the skids, and all as you say down to greed. Ajax now is not the Ajax it once was...I'd put them on a par with Stoke.
      He's made his bed etc.etc...
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,248 posts | 1226 
      Reply #8289: Jan 17, 2024 11:51:26 am
      Yep....He made a monumental error of judgement to exit Anfield, a real shining palace on the hill, for those cardboard cut-out palaces in the desert. His career has duly hit the skids, and all as you say down to greed. Ajax now is not the Ajax it once was...I'd put them on a par with Stoke.
      He's made his bed etc.etc...

Ajax is a great club but they have had a shocking season. One thing I will say in Hendo's favour is at least he has cut short his spell in Saudi and come to his senses.  I'm sure he will have learned his lesson as he will be playing in a lesser league now and on a much reduced wage though he will be happier than life in Saudi. If he had just said he wanted a new challenge and gone straight from LFC to a club like Ajax he would have avoided the damage to his reputation.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,143 posts | 3383 
      Reply #8290: Jan 17, 2024 12:07:16 pm
      Ajax now is not the Ajax it once was...I'd put them on a par with Stoke.

Come off it mate. I'm guessing you're talking about their playing quality rather than pulling power but there's fewer European games I get as excited about as Ajax because of their history.

Alright they're not as successful as they were in the early 70s or that legendary team of the mid 90s but they're still a huge name in European football that will be attractive to players - especially those in Henderson's situation.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #8291: Jan 17, 2024 12:11:13 pm
      Absolutely destroyed his legacy and all the LGBTQ+ work for 6 months on 160k a week.
      Money he didn't need.

It's absolutely mad.

That's not even to mention how fu**ed football media is for blanket claiming he was on 700k a week,

Yep.

The whole move suggests he was told he wasn't going to get much game time this season, took a bit of a huff about that, then maybe didn't have time to get a move in the Premier League so chased the money and tried to pass it off as more then what it was
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2024 12:40:50 pm by srslfc »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #8292: Jan 17, 2024 12:20:52 pm
      Being honest I’m not bothered

I’m guessing nothing was destroyed for Gerrard going to manage there

He left because he wasn’t going to be playing every week - he made the wrong move and it’s now rectifying it

It doesn’t change what he did for the club as captain
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #8293: Jan 17, 2024 12:22:41 pm
      Come off it mate. I'm guessing you're talking about their playing quality rather than pulling power but there's fewer European games I get as excited about as Ajax because of their history.

Alright they're not as successful as they were in the early 70s or that legendary team of the mid 90s but they're still a huge name in European football that will be attractive to players - especially those in Henderson's situation.
      As you say they retain a modicum of profile down to their rich heritage, and I'm sure they still get decent crowds as the main Dutch side...but it's not a great league....Anyway to be honest I don't really care what he (or for that matter any other ex-player) does. I was just passing opinion that he'd made a mistake....which is fair enough we all do!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8294: Jan 17, 2024 12:31:11 pm

He left because he wasn’t going to be playing every week - he made the wrong move and it’s now rectifying it

Any managerial ambitions for Gerrard are done at this point.
      Henderson flamed everything for what now appears to be no more than he was getting at Liverpool,
      not the 700k that was fabricated and run by the entire media only 6 months ago.

So he left for what?
      His inability to check his own ego to the fact that he's in the last stages of his playing career.

And for that he flamed all the LGBTQ+ ally work that he had done.
      Seems to me that he threw his toys rather than stay and fight for his place,
      so yes it tarnishes things for him as a player,
      the same as it would have for Gerrard the player if he had gone to Chelsea.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #8295: Jan 17, 2024 12:33:40 pm

To be fair mate they have fallen off a cliff of late, they remain of course one of the elite European clubs but haven’t pulled any trees up for quite some time now, I wouldn’t say they have dropped to the level of a Stoke City, that’s a bit extreme, however their miles off competing at even the lowest echelons of European football,

When ETH was there they were decent enough albeit not exactly flying the flag for Dutch football, and since he joined the MUtants their impressions of Lemmings is well, pretty impressive,

Forest I would say is the English equivalent, and they have turned their world around albeit facing ffp sanctions presently, so no reason why Ajax can’t do the same even though the level of football is way lower than in the EPL .

YNWA
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,143 posts | 3383 
      Reply #8296: Jan 17, 2024 01:11:25 pm
      To be fair mate they have fallen off a cliff of late, they remain of course one of the elite European clubs but haven’t pulled any trees up for quite some time now, I wouldn’t say they have dropped to the level of a Stoke City, that’s a bit extreme, however their miles off competing at even the lowest echelons of European football,

When ETH was there they were decent enough albeit not exactly flying the flag for Dutch football, and since he joined the MUtants their impressions of Lemmings is well, pretty impressive,

Forest I would say is the English equivalent, and they have turned their world around albeit facing ffp sanctions presently, so no reason why Ajax can’t do the same even though the level of football is way lower than in the EPL .

YNWA

Five years ago mate they were 90 minutes away from meeting us in a Champions League final. They really should have met us in Madrid that year.

Like I said earlier, they're not as successful as they have been previously. I know this season has been a disaster for them and they've struggled a lot since Ten Hag left. But I stick with that I said, they'll still be a pull for players - especially those in Henderson's situtation.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #8297: Jan 17, 2024 01:45:26 pm
      Henderson flamed everything for what now appears to be no more than he was getting at Liverpool,
      not the 700k that was fabricated and run by the entire media only 6 months ago.

So he left for what?
      His inability to check his own ego to the fact that he's in the last stages of his playing career.

And for that he flamed all the LGBTQ+ ally work that he had done.
      Seems to me that he threw his toys rather than stay and fight for his place,
      so yes it tarnishes things for him as a player,
      the same as it would have for Gerrard the player if he had gone to Chelsea.

Guess it comes down to what the conversation is with Klopp

But what he did for the club shouldn’t be changed in terms of his legacy - he was captain during a key phase of the club
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #8298: Jan 17, 2024 02:14:51 pm
      Money he didn't need.

It's absolutely mad.

I get why the LTGB+ community might bepissed with him but I don't see how he has torched his LFC legacy?
      In my eyes he hasn't tainted any of the things he accomplished at LFC.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8299: Jan 17, 2024 02:22:34 pm
      I get why the LTGB+ community might be pissed with him but I don't see how he has torched his LFC legacy?
      In my eyes he hasn't tainted any of the things he accomplished at LFC.

I know it's each to his own.
      100% he was the captain that won it all with Klopp at Liverpool.
      But ffs take a leaf out Milner's book and stay around and enjoy the last year or two.
      The whole bs that circulated when he left.
      Be honest. Say why your leaving. That soured things for me.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 49 
      Reply #8300: Jan 17, 2024 02:36:53 pm
      I know it's each to his own.
      100% he was the captain that won it all with Klopp at Liverpool.
      But ffs take a leaf out Milner's book and stay around and enjoy the last year or two.
      The whole bs that circulated when he left.
      Be honest. Say why your leaving. That soured things for me.
      because he wasnt first choice and was offered a bomb in the sunshine,id do same
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 761 
      Reply #8301: Jan 17, 2024 04:15:24 pm

The people mad at him just believe the media headlines and have a personal agenda against him because he "Went woke". They don't care about gay people either. But they'll pretend to be offended for them, to prove a point.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 761 
      Reply #8302: Jan 17, 2024 04:22:40 pm

I wouldn't say that. He's a young manager.

Him and lampard are the outfield equivalent of a 22/23 year old in terms of management, they are still learning. Football Management seems to be the only career you're expected to be good at from the start. No space to learn, grow or get experience. Very strange.

If this was happening at age 54/55 then i would say probably agree. But I think he still has time.

Quick Reply