Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 732829 times
      RedsTillIDie
      • Banned

• 127 posts |
      • Open my veins I'm red to the core
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #92: Jun 13, 2011 12:07:26 am
      Give the lad a chance ffs. One game(Not even in a red shirt) and so called fans are already slating him! The whole team weren't great. When he got the ball there were very little options, when there was options he used them well. Wait 20 games into the season before you start saying hes not good enough.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #93: Jun 13, 2011 12:10:43 am
      My opinion of his performance tonight is quite simple his short passing game was ok, his long ball game was poor, as a CM he did not drop deep and show for the ball and carry the ball out and give England a platform to build on. The latter though could have been Stewart Pearce's tactics as neither did Mancienne or Rodwell when he came on. The defenders and the keeper cut out the midfield hoofing the ball upfield.

Reminded me of our game Against Braga to be honest.

I'm not judging the lad on any of that though, I want to see him playing for the reds not the England u21s.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #94: Jun 13, 2011 12:11:32 am
      Not really. Compare Henderson to both Thiago or Martinez and Henderson was a little boy playing a man's game.

:roll:
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #95: Jun 13, 2011 12:16:02 am

So I'm guessing that means you disagree  :roll:
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #96: Jun 13, 2011 12:23:29 am
      My opinion of his performance tonight is quite simple his short passing game was ok, his long ball game was poor, as a CM he did not drop deep and show for the ball and carry the ball out and give England a platform to build on. The latter though could have been Stewart Pearce's tactics as neither did Mancienne or Rodwell when he came on. The defenders and the keeper cut out the midfield hoofing the ball upfield.

Reminded me of our game Against Braga to be honest.

I'm not judging the lad on any of that though, I want to see him playing for the reds not the England u21s.

True Blood, can't believe some of yous are slating him on that performance.  The whole team was overrun.

I'll wait until he's in a Liverpool shirt before giving an opinion*

*unless he bosses the next couple of games like ;)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #97: Jun 13, 2011 12:26:22 am
      Jesus, if Henderson had scored a hat-trick tonight everybody would be saying we've got a genius in our hands, even if it was "just a u-21 international".

He was extremely poor tonight, particularly in the 2nd half, gave the ball away, made some crap long passes, etc.

But that's just 1 game, I for one haven't seen enough of him to judge, but it doesn't change the fact he was very disappointing vs Spain
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #98: Jun 13, 2011 12:26:24 am
      True Blood, can't believe some of yous are slating him on that performance.  The whole team was overrun.

I'll wait until he's in a Liverpool shirt before giving an opinion*

*unless he bosses the next couple of games like ;)

I think he'll be ok once he pulls on a red shirt surrounded by better players, Kenny will give him the confidence to go out their and enjoy his football and play with no fear.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #99: Jun 13, 2011 12:41:14 am
      I think the people who jump to conclusions on the lad after one game, are the people who haven't seen enough of him before this.

He'll be fine. The England set up is complete sh*te and no one should be judged on it.

We've got ourselves a fine young player.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #100: Jun 13, 2011 12:42:15 am
      Saw the start of the 2nd half and felt England were pretty poor. Spain's play were amazing in that short time I saw.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #101: Jun 13, 2011 12:57:52 am
      So I'm guessing that means you disagree  :roll:

The boys against men comparison? Not really worthy of comment.

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2011 01:07:43 am by fields of anny rd »
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #102: Jun 13, 2011 01:04:22 am
      The boys against men comparison? Not really worthy of comment.

Ahh I see, just too lazy to comment.

Well there was a vast difference between the performances of Thiago or Martinez and the performance of Henderson. Tbf to him the entire team was dire and we deserved to lose.
      RedsTillIDie
      • Banned

• 127 posts |
      • Open my veins I'm red to the core
      Reply #103: Jun 13, 2011 01:10:14 am

Well there was a vast difference between the performances of Thiago or Martinez and the performance of Henderson. Tbf to him the entire team was dire and we deserved to lose.

You're such a negative, miserable c**t! Take the good out of the bad and build on it. Negativity will get you nowhere. I'd guess you seen him play 1 full game and that was tonight. Wait twenty games into the season before you slate him
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #104: Jun 13, 2011 01:13:19 am

Its ten past one in the morning, I'm still recovering from playing footie all day in the pissing rain. My muscles are aching, and I'm quite tired. I cba commenting on lazy posts.

My opinion on him tonight;

Hendo was ok, was probably besides Kyle Walker Englands best player. He wasn't awful, he was just efficient.

One wish would be for people to learn from the mistake people made with Lucas in his early years.

His confidence was dinted for 2 seasons from the negative reactions of us the fans towards him - get off our players backs! Bill Shankly built players up to think they were great. A few on here are going the other way, and it will only impact players negatively.

Knocking players without seeing them in a red shirt is very strange behaviour. He is 20 years old with the world at his feet, he is far from the finished article and in the mean time will need our full support.

Not people massaging their egos, unwilling to give the fella a chance because they want to be proven right.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #105: Jun 13, 2011 01:36:30 am
      Its ten past one in the morning, I'm still recovering from playing footie all day in the pissing rain. My muscles are aching, and I'm quite tired. I cba commenting on lazy posts.

My opinion on him tonight;

Hendo was ok, was probably besides Kyle Walker Englands best player. He wasn't awful, he was just efficient.

One wish would be for people to learn from the mistake people made with Lucas in his early years.

His confidence was dinted for 2 seasons from the negative reactions of us the fans towards him - get off our players backs! Bill Shankly built players up to think they were great. A few on here are going the other way, and it will only impact players negatively.

Knocking players without seeing them in a red shirt is very strange behaviour. He is 20 years old with the world at his feet, he is far from the finished article and in the mean time will need our full support.

Not people massaging their egos, unwilling to give the fella a chance because they want to be proven right.

I was just kidding with the "to lazy to comment" comment, I should have put ;D or  :f_tongueincheek:

And I've said I think he is a good player, also I said just a few minutes ago that he should be given a full season before judgements should be made. Just today he was outplayed by Spain. He will turn out to be a terrific signing though.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #106: Jun 13, 2011 01:55:47 am
      I was just kidding with the "to lazy to comment" comment, I should have put ;D or  :f_tongueincheek:

And I've said I think he is a good player, also I said just a few minutes ago that he should be given a full season before judgements should be made. Just today he was outplayed by Spain. He will turn out to be a terrific signing though.

Thats fair enough mate, IMO England midfielders will always be outplayed by Spains because Spains are far more technically gifted, and drilled from a young age to play to the Spanish style.

Our midfielders are bread to do well in the hustle and bustle of the premier league and that just does not transfer well across into international football IMO.

It didn't help though when Chris Smalling twatted everything long to Sturridge all game, and Mancienne, a CB was playing holding mid - very poorly.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #107: Jun 13, 2011 05:26:12 am
      I thought he was Way better than rest of the English Squad.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #108: Jun 13, 2011 06:26:04 am
      Give the coaching staff time to mould him, remember whatever you saw last night was effectively unpolished (or about as polished as Steve Bruce can make things).  Fields of Anny Rd has nailed it, last night was a better lesson in understanding how they coach English and Spanish youngsters rather than a chance to say he was lacklustre (let's face it he was relative to the opposition but it's not his fault for the coaching he's received).
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #109: Jun 13, 2011 07:06:19 am
      Pressure? What pressure, we are the best fans in the world aren't we? Let's just hope none of our youngsters read the forums.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #110: Jun 13, 2011 08:28:57 am
      He was outclassed my martinez. Why cant people be honest. He was not impressive last and gave the ball away way to much. It doesnt matter what F***ing club he plays for im talking about last nights match. Nice to you still stalking me lfc with your childish remarks. Your one lad that incapable of proper debate
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #111: Jun 13, 2011 10:35:13 am
      He was outclassed my martinez. Why cant people be honest. He was not impressive last and gave the ball away way to much. It doesnt matter what F***ing club he plays for im talking about last nights match. Nice to you still stalking me lfc with your childish remarks. Your one lad that incapable of proper debate

Don't worry mate if they made an ignore feature you'd be the first one on it. It's not stalking because you spam every thread on this site with your negative crap, you're forcing it down mine and everyone's throats and its F***ing annoying to see such horrible drivel all over the place when this is such exciting and positive times for our football club.

Try and see a glass as half full for a change.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #112: Jun 13, 2011 10:48:55 am
      Surprisingly you'd be the only person in the forum I'd have on it and I genuinely mean that. You make F**k all contribution to debate other than F***ing snide comments dunno is it because your genuinely clueless or something else.

I've asked you already to ignore my posts because I don't give a flying F**k what you think so if my posts are annoying you so much why the F**k do you keep quoting me because the only time I read the sh*te you post is when you quote me
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #113: Jun 13, 2011 11:51:33 am
      Honestly can@t believe how many people are slating him in this thread. So he didn't have a great game last night. Ha Stevie G had a great game for England in the past couple years? No, do we doubt his ability? No!

I wish people would start to judge how he plays in a Red shirt, not that of bloody England.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #114: Jun 13, 2011 11:55:37 am
      People are giving an opinion Semple on the game last night and how he played. If he plays well in his next match if i see it I will be on here saying he played well tonight that is all. Don't know why some people are getting so irate about saying the lad did not play well last night.

Quick Reply