Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720730 times
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #46: Jun 10, 2011 09:45:33 am
      Welcom to lfc jordan.
      I heard people calling hendo Please dont do that it reminds of certain n*ndo.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #47: Jun 10, 2011 09:54:58 am
      I haven't seen much of Henderson, but everything I have read about him, indicates he is a great capture and he has every chance of progressing into a great player.

He doesn't drink or even go out much. He works hard, has good skill and vision and is an intelligent footballer who makes the right choice of pass more often than not. The only real negative is the lack of goals so far, but I don't think Messi would be very prolific playing for Sunderland, so hopefully with better players around him he can soon put that right.

Apparently we have paid £16million up front with another £3.5million in add ons (appearances/trophies/league position etc etc)Which while not cheap is not too excessive for a player with huge potential on top of what he already brings to the table.

Welcome to Anfield Jordan, make us proud

---------------------------------------------------------------
      England's 'boring' new boy Jordan Henderson is every boss's dream: 'I don't drink'
      By Matt Barlow

Last updated at 11:31 PM on 15th November 2010

Joey Barton advised England to stop picking 'goody two shoes' and select players to win games, but what manager doesn't want Jordan Henderson in his team at the moment?
      Henderson never drinks, never smokes and drives a sensible car. He passes his spare time with the occasional game of table tennis and joins his team-mates at the Christmas party only under duress.
      'I am a bit boring,' admitted the Sunderland midfielder.

'I don't really go out. I stay in and watch TV. None of my mates are bad lads, they didn't go drinking at a young age or anything like that, but when they used to go out, they'd tell me not to, which was a good thing.

'The only time I go out is the Christmas night out when the whole team goes for team bonding, but I still won't drink. I'll drink J20 or water and have a good night with the lads.

'I just love playing football and I don't want anything to jeopardise that. I like to go in every day training and working hard.'
      This is music to the ears of his Sunderland boss Steve Bruce and Fabio Capello. And also to the other managers who covet the talented 20-year-old - like Manchester City's Roberto Mancini, who is dismayed by the drinking culture he has found in English football.
      Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United are interested, too, and if there is to be a transfer, Sir Alex Ferguson may have destiny on his side.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1329997/Englands-boring-new-boy-Jordan-Henderson-bosss-dream.html
      Dancho
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts |
      Reply #48: Jun 10, 2011 10:09:54 am
      I like that guy! I think he will be good for us.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #49: Jun 10, 2011 10:11:52 am
      Welcome to the best club in the world Jordan!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #50: Jun 10, 2011 10:15:16 am
      Sounds like my kind of ideal best friend, hahaha.

Looks like he has a good way of living his life with the good people around him. People mention how it's expensive to pay 16-20 million for him in 2011... but when Man United spends 30 million on Ferdinand 10 years ago and 25 million on an 18 year old Rooney - it's a great piece of business?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #51: Jun 10, 2011 10:28:22 am
      Welcome to Liverpool Football Club Jordan Henderson. Very exciting times ahead, you are about to become a part of something very special and unique.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #52: Jun 10, 2011 10:29:45 am
      Welcome lad!
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #53: Jun 10, 2011 11:18:59 am
      Welcome Jordan!!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #54: Jun 10, 2011 11:20:57 am
      I think his ability to pick a pass and cover a lot of ground is what's going to help him fit into the team at first. The rest (goalscoring and everything else) will come in time.

Welcome to Liverpool Jordan!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #55: Jun 10, 2011 11:33:00 am
      How many years is his contract?
      What number has he got?

Oh and welcome Jordan :)
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #56: Jun 10, 2011 11:49:30 am
      I think it's a 5 year contract and he has got the number 11 ... not sure.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #57: Jun 10, 2011 12:30:53 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool FC Jordan.

Give us 110% and reel in those Manc tw*ts eh?

YNWA
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #58: Jun 10, 2011 12:34:02 pm
      Great decision mate.

Welcome to the greatest football club in the world.

YNWA
      TMtiagoJL
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #59: Jun 10, 2011 12:52:57 pm
      a very good player, with the very big potencial :D
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #60: Jun 10, 2011 12:59:26 pm
      Sounds like my kind of ideal best friend, hahaha.

Looks like he has a good way of living his life with the good people around him. People mention how it's expensive to pay 16-20 million for him in 2011... but when Man United spends 30 million on Ferdinand 10 years ago and 25 million on an 18 year old Rooney - it's a great piece of business?

Ferdinand & Ronney had top clubs from all over place fighting for them, both were established & were already doing it at the highest level. Totally different to Henderson

Anyway...

Welcome to Liverpool Football Club Mr Henderson & all the very best. Hopefully you can grow into a player that can fight for a place in the starting 11 in a year or 2.
      Dancho
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts |
      Reply #61: Jun 10, 2011 01:04:45 pm
      Hopefully you can grow into a player that can fight for a place in the starting 11 in a year or 2.

You are kidding right? The kid has been assured by The King that he is buying him for first team football. I do not see him agreeing to sign for anything else.

And yes.. Poulsen was part of our starting 11 on numeral occasions. Nothing more to say.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #62: Jun 10, 2011 04:38:45 pm
      You are kidding right? The kid has been assured by The King that he is buying him for first team football. I do not see him agreeing to sign for anything else.

And yes.. Poulsen was part of our starting 11 on numeral occasions. Nothing more to say.

I'm talking about starting when others are fit. Staking a claim to be in our strongest 11. Not filling in for Poulson, I would have thought the fact we spent £20M on him would suggest this. Blimey!
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #63: Jun 12, 2011 12:07:49 pm
      20 mil for a kid may sound stupid but he’s young and may offer option for us. He is after all was sought after. We should not see this as a waste but it is a waste if we missed out on him. Welcome to a legendary club!
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #64: Jun 12, 2011 12:29:39 pm
      I'm talking about starting when others are fit. Staking a claim to be in our strongest 11. Not filling in for Poulson, I would have thought the fact we spent £20M on him would suggest this. Blimey!

I was one of the ones who was quite vocal in the fact that we overpayed for him but we need to forget that now as he's our player and needs our support 100%.  Forget his price-tag and just judge him on what he's done since he's been at the club.  Now that the deal has been conducted, remembering he didn't set his own value, I can't help but shake the feeling it's going to be an unfair stick to beat him with and place huge expectations on the kid.

Now that that's out of the way: Welcome to Liverpool, Jordan.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #65: Jun 12, 2011 12:32:36 pm
      It wasn't 20m it was 15.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #66: Jun 12, 2011 12:55:04 pm

I've read that it's 11m if Ngog join's them for 5m what a great bit of work DC has done if true
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #67: Jun 12, 2011 02:50:32 pm
      Let's hope Jordan becomes as famous as the other 'Jordan', for what he does with his two up front.

Just hopefully not as big of a tit.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #68: Jun 12, 2011 03:52:37 pm
      Let's hope Jordan becomes as famous as the other 'Jordan', for what he does with his two up front.

Just hopefully not as big of a tit.
      Ha ha Roddenberry, i was thinking how i could make a joke about ''jordan''. you beat me to it, you could be regarded as the other tit tho for such a feeble effort, good try tho,  ;D

Quick Reply