Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 730370 times
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #115: Jun 13, 2011 11:57:13 am
      Christ, have to admit, I expected the criticisms and questions to start flying in to this thread a couple of months after he puts on his Liverpool shirt and doesn't adapt as quickly as everyone hoped..

But 3 F***ing days after he has signed and 1 performace?

:lmao:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #116: Jun 13, 2011 12:26:53 pm
      I will only judge him when he plays for our reds and with our class around him. No more from me for now in this thread. this is getting like Carroll's thread!!! :(
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #117: Jun 13, 2011 01:11:21 pm
      Diego made a good point with
      Jesus, if Henderson had scored a hat-trick tonight everybody would be saying we've got a genius in our hands, even if it was "just a u-21 international".

And we all know that would be the case. Had it happened.

Now I didn't watch the match, couldn't care less about England or how players perform at that level. I've seen plenty of top class players struggle to perform on the international stage. It's how they do week in week out in a Liverpool shirt that matters to me. So if Jordan can play to a good level on a regular basis for Liverpool Football Club then he'll be doing alright in my books.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #118: Jun 13, 2011 01:51:42 pm
      Ha ha Roddenberry, I was thinking how I could make a joke about ''jordan''. you beat me to it, you could be regarded as the other tit tho for such a feeble effort, good try tho,  ;D

Was the tit gag a reference to another Jordan ;D

Should have been, you pair of tits :)

Anyway, back to Henderson, it odes matter what players cost. No doubt we all were saying such when City were splashing cash about. We want players here that want to come, not just cos we give more money! Pretty sure I have read here how stupid Utd are for paying so much for Young, works both ways....

Also Why on eart do people say if we sell a player it somehow comes of the fee of an incomming player! It doesnt, if Ngog leaves us for Sunderland it doesnt alter the amount we paid for Henderson. It simply doesnt....
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #119: Jun 13, 2011 01:58:27 pm
      People are giving an opinion Semple on the game last night and how he played. If he plays well in his next match if I see it I will be on here saying he played well tonight that is all. Don't know why some people are getting so irate about saying the lad did not play well last night.

Yeah mate, that's no problem expressing your opinion, that's what these forums are about. But I think some people, and not you, are jumping on his back already.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #120: Jun 13, 2011 02:06:14 pm
      Also Why on eart do people say if we sell a player it somehow comes of the fee of an incomming player! It doesnt, if Ngog leaves us for Sunderland it doesnt alter the amount we paid for Henderson. It simply doesnt....

Get your point but in some cases it does actually. Like when Portsmouth owed us money for Crouch and so we had it 'taken off' the fee for GJ.

And whilst in most normal cases money paid in for N'Gog, for example, wouldn't lower the actual fee of Henderson, but would lower the net expenditure on our books.

As for Jordan and the game last night, I don't see a reason to judge him on one performance during which he was partnered by the hugely ineffective Mancienne, against a Spain team that was playing it around him and his teammates. I'll judge him when the playing field is a bit more even. From a few touches I did see, I think it's evident he has the mentality and skills to play good pass and move football.
      pauljohansson
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #121: Jun 14, 2011 09:54:51 am
      Good Luck Jordan - looked class against Spain U21s
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #122: Jun 14, 2011 10:10:26 am
      Jordan: I'm not just a middle man

Jordan Henderson is ready to show his versatility in order to become a regular on Kenny Dalglish's teamsheet.

The 20-year-old, who signed a long-term deal at Anfield last week, is best known as a central midfielder - but he is just as adept at operating on the right.

And after talks with Dalglish prior to his transfer from Sunderland, Henderson knows he may have to be adaptable.

"I spoke to the manager and he said I can play in the team in a few positions," he told reporters covering the European U21 Championships in Denmark.

"I'm not bothered, I want to make sure I'm in the starting 11 and play regular football. If I could choose I would play centre midfield.

"But I like playing anywhere, and I just want to start."

Henderson became our first summer signing last week, and though Director of Football Damien Comolli scoffed at the figures being reported in the media, the fee is something our new boy is conscious of - not that he is feeling any pressure.

"It is [a lot of money], but I don't make the figures up," he said. "It just shows that Liverpool have a lot of faith in me as a player and I will do everything I can and work really hard to repay them.

"Liverpool is a massive club, with a great manager and great players, and obviously I felt as though I could improve there and learn a lot.

"Of course, there will be competition at any big club, but I have to work extremely hard and do everything I can to make sure I start in the team. If I train well and work hard, I'll get my chance and take it.

"There are a lot of parts of my game I need to work on. I'll do everything I can."

Henderson's recruitment was welcomed at the weekend by Steven Gerrard.

The two have already played together in an England friendly against France last year and Henderson was grateful for the skipper's kind words.

"It's a massive compliment as he's one of the best players in the world, and hopefully I can go there and learn a lot from him," he said.

Another man Henderson cannot wait to work alongside is Dalglish.

"It's unbelievable to be honest, you just see the job he's done so far, in a short space of time, and hopefully this season can be even better," said the midfield man.

"I've spoken to the gaffer and it really excites me - everything is really positive. He's a fair, honest person and I'm looking forward to working with him."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/jordan-i-m-not-just-a-middle-man

Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #123: Jun 14, 2011 12:49:45 pm
      WildIRL
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #124: Jun 14, 2011 01:01:13 pm

Thanks man... mata looks better but then again who was looking for the ball from the man. He looks quaility all the same.

Welcome to LFC Jordan.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #125: Jun 14, 2011 03:31:41 pm
      When I think of Henderson out wide, from what I've seen and read about him, I think of a hard working right midfielder, who is gonna be efficient without being spectacular, maybe somehow in the mould of Sammy Lee. Probably would allow Johnson to go up a lot as Hendo will be there to provide cover. He just doesn't look like a tricky winger. But that's just impressions to be fair.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #126: Jun 14, 2011 03:49:56 pm
      Good video that, showing him coming deep for the ball and keeping it well. Also made some good Rail-like runs into good areas.

Shame the other 9 outfielders weren't prepared to keep it on the floor either.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #127: Jun 14, 2011 04:51:05 pm
      He has the "Pass and move" about him that suits Kenny. I can see him playing CM a lot next season.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #128: Jun 14, 2011 04:54:08 pm
      Watching the game and from what I've watched of Sunderland, Henderson looks to be a fine athlete with a pretty good footballing brain. In the England game it's amazing how poor a lot of the movement from the front 4 of England was. They were very static and predictable. Not to mention Mancienne, who was partnering Hendo in the pivot, is sh*te of the smelliest order.

He played well but struggled with the lack of movement in front of him. You can definitely see his potential, though.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #129: Jun 14, 2011 05:58:34 pm
      Watching the game and from what I've watched of Sunderland, Henderson looks to be a fine athlete with a pretty good footballing brain. In the England game it's amazing how poor a lot of the movement from the front 4 of England was. They were very static and predictable. Not to mention Mancienne, who was partnering Hendo in the pivot, is sh*te of the smelliest order.

He played well but struggled with the lack of movement in front of him. You can definitely see his potential, though.

Totally agreed. The England u21's midfield was poor and the defense could not link with the attack. ( a thought: they missed Carroll and Wilshere).

With Lucas, Gerrard, Mereiles, Suarez and Carroll around him we should see how good he is.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #130: Jun 15, 2011 05:25:59 am
      His long range passing seems pretty bad though
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #131: Jun 15, 2011 09:49:22 am
      Kelly delighted as pal signs

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kelly-delighted-as-pal-signs

15th Jun 2011 - Latest News

Martin Kelly is the latest Liverpool player to welcome the acquisition of Jordan Henderson – claiming the 20-year-old has all the attributes to become a player of the highest calibre.

Now they will be reacquainted when the Liverpool squad returns to Melwood at the start of July - and Kelly is delighted.

"Jordan's a great lad and really down to earth," he told LFC Weekly. "We get on really well and I'm made up that he's made a mark on Sunderland's first-team over the last few seasons. He has everything you need to become a footballer at the highest level.

"The thing I like about him most is that he keeps it nice and simple. You can give him the ball under pressure and he will always keep it, even in the tightest situations.

"He's very patient in possession and if you're under pressure you can give it to him and he'll take the sting out of a game and keep things ticking over.

"He is also the type of player who will weigh in with a number of assists every season and score a few too.

"Jordan is definitely the kind of player who will never let his head drop. He's got a lot of confidence in his own ability."

A special section on the arrival of Jordan Henderson, plus an exclusive interview with Fabio Aurelio, is in this week's LFC Weekly.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #132: Jun 15, 2011 12:40:51 pm
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #133: Jun 15, 2011 01:17:47 pm
      Get your point but in some cases it does actually. Like when Portsmouth owed us money for Crouch and so we had it 'taken off' the fee for GJ.

I see what you are getting at but it doesnt sit with me. We took Crouch's value off, so didnt pay the cash. The fee was still the same though. We paid £17M for Johnson, some was cash some was player, but the fee is still the same. We didnt give them Crouch for nothing & then got Johnson cheaper. Or are you saying Crouch was a gift? Confused.com   ;D
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #134: Jun 15, 2011 09:08:15 pm
      Dare i say it, watching him play now and IMO he's style of play is very similar to fat Frank. In all fairness if he becomes a player of the same quality who's to complain?
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #135: Jun 15, 2011 09:20:08 pm
      Dare I say it, watching him play now and IMO he's style of play is very similar to fat Frank. In all fairness if he becomes a player of the same quality who's to complain?

He is on a different wave length to the dross around him, you see him laying the ball off expecting for a return and the other guy runs into a cul de sac. It's like watching under 12 football.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #136: Jun 15, 2011 09:32:15 pm
      He is on a different wave length to the dross around him, you see him laying the ball off expecting for a return and the other guy runs into a cul de sac. It's like watching under 12 football.
      Spot on mate, he just wants to keep the ball moving, always looking for the ball but them two Manc CB's keep hoofing it up to Welbeck. It must be very frustrating for the lad.

Encouraging attitude from the lad, i think we have a quality player on our hands if used right.

Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #137: Jun 15, 2011 10:40:48 pm
      Dare I say it, watching him play now and IMO he's style of play is very similar to fat Frank. In all fairness if he becomes a player of the same quality who's to complain?
      Just was to say that. Very similar to Lampard in his style.

Quick Reply