Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 719899 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #2300: Dec 21, 2013 05:09:20 pm
      Absolutely dominated the midfield. Didn't know he had the aggression in him to take games by the scruff of the neck but he's proving me wrong.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #2301: Dec 21, 2013 05:55:46 pm
      Was brilliant today.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2302: Dec 21, 2013 06:07:05 pm
       :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2303: Dec 21, 2013 06:19:45 pm
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2304: Dec 21, 2013 06:25:22 pm
      Can I say I told you so yet?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2305: Dec 21, 2013 07:16:01 pm

You could.  But having 2 good games out of 80 and saying "I told you so" would be absurd.  So you won't.

If he has 10 more good games, including at Chelsea and City, then you can say I told you so, oh and by the way, then we should still be top of the league with an eye on the title.   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

But seriously, he was fantastic again today.  Thought Allen dipped a little from the form he showed over the last few games, but Henderson stayed at that brilliant level.  That backheel for Suarez's second goal was fantastic.

to be honest I don't see why Stevie should jump right back into the team when he's fit again, he's definitely not going to displace Henderson on this form, we'll have a new DM by then hopefully so Lucas will rightfully be sitting on the bench, I guess it would be Joseph who gives way but even then I'd be reluctant, I hate to say it but we just play so much faster when Stevie is not in midfield, he's not buzzing around anymore and when we go on the break he just can't keep up.  Better to have one of the younger lads in for now.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2306: Dec 21, 2013 07:47:56 pm

Biting my tongue (fingers?) as I type.

Too many people are too quick to write players off.
      It's the same with Sterling who has been nothing short of magnificent for such a young player.

If people want to, they can check my posting history.
      I've rarely wavered on this.

What I have done is tried to work out why a player with such great potential wasn't fulfilling it.

Part of the answer is that he was passing his share of the responsibility on to Gerrard.
      Every time he looked up, he looked for Stevie.
      Gerrard isn't on the pitch now, so he is playing much more instinctively.
      It's the way he played at sunderland and for England junior teams.

BR needs to find a way to fit Gerrard and Henderson into the same side, and maybe needs to have a word with Hendo as well. He needn't be overawed by Stevie. There's no reason why they can't play in the same team with Gerrard deep and Henderson a bit further forwards.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2307: Dec 21, 2013 08:27:21 pm
      Another brilliant performance by Jordan today. Clearly he has a twin brother who doesn't actually like football but as a favour to his sibling has been filling in for him for 18 months or so. Now we've got the real one back, he is a cracking player.

One unrelated point, people often talk about Kenny's transfers. I think given he bought Suarez, Henderson and Enrique to the club we can safely say he is in credit.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2308: Dec 21, 2013 08:40:20 pm
      Great game today once again, he is quickly changing my perception of him with these last few performances. If Stevie has to spend some time on the bench for Hendo to play this way then we might have to consider it.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #2309: Dec 21, 2013 11:20:24 pm
      I voted him motm. He was so great I can't even put into words how happy I am for him, after the effort he has put in this year, he played better than Gerrard. The End; no more, soz.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #2310: Dec 22, 2013 12:27:36 am
      Beautiful performance from Hendo today, 2nd best player on the pitch after Suarez 8)
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #2311: Dec 22, 2013 12:29:02 am

No

Once he performs like that on a consistent basis and influences games in bigger matches then you can come and tell us ''I told you so''
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2312: Dec 22, 2013 06:09:08 am
      He's deffo proving me wrong. He was everywhere in that first 60 minutes. The 2 layoffs for Suarez's goals were top class. Felt he ran out of a bit of steam from the 60 minute mark but he set up all the goals and that's all we can ask for. Well done Jordan, keep it up.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2313: Dec 22, 2013 06:46:18 am
      He's deffo proving me wrong. He was everywhere in that first 60 minutes. The 2 layoffs for Suarez's goals were top class. Felt he ran out of a bit of steam from the 60 minute mark but he set up all the goals and that's all we can ask for. Well done Jordan, keep it up.
      I actually voted him my man of the match,he has improved so much this season,the lad has so much energy.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2314: Dec 22, 2013 07:07:14 am
      No.  Once he performs like that on a consistent basis and influences games in bigger matches then you can come and tell us ''I told you so''

Perfectly said.  Although I think Spurs away is quite a big game and to be fair to the lad he had a blinder.

If he keeps it up against City and Chelsea then I think we can start talking about "I told you so" etc.  But just as it is stupid to write players off, it's equally stupid to start saying they have suddenly proven themselves 100% after two games.  But people do it anyway.  It's happened with other players as well, Carroll scored the header in the FA Cup final and suddenly he was "coming good."  Borini scored a couple here and there and suddenly he was "proving his talent."  Babel scored some cracking goals and he was worth keeping all of a sudden etc, F***ing hell, there were some here at the beginning of this season who even thought we should keep Stewart "Backpass" Downing.  Of course none of them were ever good enough. 

So, if Henderson can do it consistently, then wonderful.  But let's not go overboard on the basis of a few games.

What he definitely HAS earned though is the chance to keep playing like this; i.e., if Stevie were miraculously fit tomorrow, there's no reason he should walk back into the team.  Let Henderson keep doing his thing with Allen until they lose form.  To be honest we don't look like we miss Stevie at all right now.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #2315: Dec 22, 2013 09:51:05 am
      Everyone knows what I think about him and he is proving it. He just needs to do it consistently. Keep up the hard work Hendo!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2316: Dec 22, 2013 10:25:28 am
      What a fantastic performance. I missed the first half but watching the highlights of his assists (think he's been taking lessons from Coutinho judging by that pass for our second goal) and seeing the second half I voted him for MOTM. Seems his all round game is really developing, anyone else notice how he was winning every aerial battle?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2317: Dec 22, 2013 10:39:03 am
      Laughable that some posters here think Jordan has had " 2 good games in 80" for the club.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2318: Dec 22, 2013 11:00:04 am
      Laughable that some posters here think Jordan has had " 2 good games in 80" for the club.

Agree, he's having a really good season overall
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2319: Dec 22, 2013 11:23:16 am

It is mate.

Ridiculousness at its finest.

Not even sure if that's a proper word but sums up some of the sh*te spouted about Jordan.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2320: Dec 22, 2013 06:08:37 pm
      Just get the feeling the tide is turning for Jordan. After a solid if unspectacular season, the game against Spurs and the praise he has had heaped upon him in the aftermath will, IMO, spur him on to better things.

Confidence will be at an all time high.

The tide is turning...

Was well impressed watching the highlights on MOTD last night, will watch the full game later but looks like he kept us ticking and then added it with some incisive passes and classy touches.

City away next, and we need somebody in midfield to play a blinder.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2321: Dec 22, 2013 09:18:13 pm
      His pass for the second was a joy to watch.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #2322: Dec 23, 2013 05:51:38 am
      When Gerrard returns he should still be playing no.10.

Suarez
      Coutinho             Sturridge
                   Hendo
             Lucas       Gerrard
      back 4 and migno

Quick Reply