Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 732131 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #2852: Nov 28, 2014 10:11:55 am
      Showed again his quality and passion for the club a true deservant of the Vice capatancy. he will be a great successor to Gerrard, once he starts adding more goals to  his game he will be right up there as one of the best midfielders in the prem
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2853: Nov 28, 2014 07:04:02 pm
      his game he will be right up there as one of the best midfielders in the prem

really?  I mean you honestly believe that?

you honestly believe that all he needs to do is start scoring a few goals, and he's going to be right up there with Fabregas, Yaya Toure, Matic, Schneiderlin, Cazorla, Mata etc?

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #2854: Nov 29, 2014 01:16:57 pm
      Not average mate, a good one, not the best and shouldn't be considered one of the best.

Ridiculous that a lot of our fans sometimes tend to overrate our own players, I read some that he could be our next ''Gerrard'' when he is not even close to the level of Gerrard. I remember Stevie at the age of 24 used to dominate the midfield on his OWN.

Henderson is a hardworker, can pass and can press, but he doesn't show enough authority, he never did. He can play really well against weaker teams but when it comes to bigger games he hides and doesn't show that type of authority you expect from a dominant midfielder.

The excuse I always hear from others is that ''Well he has to carry other midfielders, so it's not his fault'' is a lame excuse to cover his weaknesses and limited ability he has.

I agree mate, I think Jordan suffers from a lack of confidence and when things don't go well or he is up against the biggest "names" he tends to withdraw into his shell.

I don't think he will ever hit the heights but is a good player who will get better as he gets older and more experienced.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #2855: Nov 29, 2014 02:10:25 pm

I don't think he will ever hit the heights but is a good player who will get better as he gets older and more experienced.

A good squad player for me, like Milner. I think we need more technical quality in the first 11 midfield if we want to progress as a team.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #2856: Nov 29, 2014 02:15:21 pm
      Although he's not been at his best so far this season - who has? - we are a better side when he's in it. Significantly so in my opinion.

Can't believe some of the stick he still gets - leopards and spots spring to mind!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2857: Nov 29, 2014 10:06:42 pm
      Thought he was superb in the second half today. He was all over the place, closing down and winning the ball back. Shame his left footed effort didn't go in.
      deles4ntos
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #2858: Nov 30, 2014 01:55:35 am
       Jordan Henderson is good player. I hope he can become a legend player in Liverpool like Gerrad.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2859: Dec 01, 2014 12:53:23 pm
      Love him so much passion and desire to win, when he scores he celebrates like it means something to him. he's putting himself on the line for the club every week and i think will be with us till he retires or goes back to Sunderland for one last cameo.
      real Captain material and the next England captain after Shrek calls it a day.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #2860: Dec 06, 2014 04:53:20 pm
      Henderson was utterly appalling today - absolutely woeful. And - F**k - this is our future captain?

When the team are playing well, he did fine, but he is usless when we are playing sh*te.

His footballing brain is non-existant, and his passing has been woeful of late offering no penetration or threat. Which begs the question - what the f**k is he in the team for?

More worryingly, if this guy is seen as the best leader in this squad after the peerless Gerrard, how spineless and weak must our squad be???
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #2861: Dec 06, 2014 04:57:49 pm
      Henderson was utterly appalling today - absolutely woeful. And - f**k - this is our future captain?

When the team are playing well, he did fine, but he is usless when we are playing sh*te.

His footballing brain is non-existant, and his passing has been woeful of late offering no penetration or threat. Which begs the question - what the f**k is he in the team for?

More worryingly, if this guy is seen as the best leader in this squad after the peerless Gerrard, how spineless and weak must our squad be???

Lucas should clearly be vice captain but Rodgers doesn't even want him in the team so Henderson was the only option besides Skrtel who would be in the team every week.

The lad is a good player, but hasn't the talent or intelligence to be a great midfielder despite the hype many Liverpool supporters showered him with last season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #2862: Dec 06, 2014 05:18:40 pm
      Average player at best who has his strengths but controlling and running a midfield tempo is not his forte.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2863: Dec 06, 2014 05:21:23 pm
      Deserves all the criticism that heads his way tonight. Shocking performance, summed up by the shot from the edge of the box that probably went out of the stand, the free-kick which even he was telling himself to F**k off and the cross at the end after losing the ball.

The criticism should be shared with Brendan though, really don't get how he lasted the whole match. Has earned his opportunity to sit down in the next few games, personally I'd be playing Can in his position as although Gerrard did one decent pass when he came on, he didn't really do much else.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #2864: Dec 06, 2014 05:21:50 pm
      I agree mate, I think Jordan suffers from a lack of confidence and when things don't go well or he is up against the biggest "names" he tends to withdraw into his shell.

He had 2 or 3 good games this season mate, other than that he has been poor again tonight and lacked leadership (considering he is our vice captain)
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #2865: Dec 06, 2014 05:22:03 pm
      His form or purple patch or whatever you call it is gone. He is back to his level.  Let's hope we will buy a proper mid fielder who can control the game for us. Hendo would be extremely useful for us, like Milner is for City. But when played as the CM his lack of creativity and technical ability is getting exposed.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #2866: Dec 06, 2014 05:29:13 pm
      Henderson suffers from a lack of confidence - I sympathise with that, but we cannot afford to have players who struggle with themselves when we are under pressure.

What would have happened at Istanbul if players retreated into their shells like Henderson?

It's not good enough, and such a shortcoming is a massive problem for our team.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2867: Dec 06, 2014 07:56:21 pm
      I was embarrassed for him today, he was that bad.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #2868: Dec 06, 2014 08:41:31 pm
      Another player who has suffered badly from our lack of a decent striker. He needs movement ahead of him to make an impact because he is never going to go past anyone  take it on or make something out of nothing. I agree we would be better off with a player like Can who does have the ability to drop a shoulder, attack space and commit the opposition. Come to think of it we need a bit more of that all over the bloody place.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6725 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2869: Dec 06, 2014 09:15:16 pm
      He should have buried that one towards the end. When I saw the ball loose just outside the box, I was hoping a Red shirt would be running on to hit it, I saw the red shirt, then I thought please, please be Stevie  but it was Hendo and that shot, summed up his match. F***ing terrible!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #2870: Dec 07, 2014 04:14:44 am
      The seagulls fear Jordan Henderson's shots, their domain isn't safe with skyward bound sandwedge shots that are his trademark.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2871: Dec 07, 2014 09:53:20 am
      Atrocious again yesterday.  Par for the course this season.  Par for the course for basically his whole Liverpool career save the second half of last season.

But apparently he's going to be world class someday.   :roll:
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #2872: Dec 07, 2014 10:28:03 am
      Yet another sh*te post roger. Please judge players potencial when they´re at their best not when down doing poorly. I bet when Jordan was running the show last year being one of our key players on the way to PL trophy (almost), you were saying F**k all about Jordan and rather bollocking some other scapegoat. And for the love of god, scrap that hyperbole world class bollox. Its 12-years old footie manager rethoric.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2873: Dec 07, 2014 10:32:50 am
      I bet when Jordan was running the show last year being one of our key players on the way to PL trophy (almost), you were saying f**k all about Jordan and rather bollocking some other scapegoat.

Not at all.  I gave him credit where it was due.  I give the players who improve credit when they earn it; for example, I have gone on and on about Lucas for quite some time now, and yet he has made me eat my words with his performances lately.  He's been brilliant.

So, Henderson had a very, very good back half of last season.  Actually it started with the 5-0 away at Spurs last December, one of my favourite matches of last season.  Stevie was out that day and Henderson just took over the game, bossed it from beginning to end. 

But this season he's been poor.  Are we not allowed to say that?  He's been very poor.  And he's been poor most of his Liverpool career.  That's from 2011 up until now.  So essentially the first TWO ENTIRE SEASONS he was awful, then in December of 2013 he suddenly perked up, and now has regressed.  That means that almost 80% of his career for us he's been poor.

I look at the big picture.  You prefer to focus on the short-term.  We don't know what is going to happen with Henderson; whether the real player was the one on the back-end of last season, or the one who was rubbish for the other 80% of his career with us so far.  Only time will tell.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #2874: Dec 07, 2014 11:06:14 am
      A few on here were concerned when Henderson was appointed as vice captain and understandably so based on a decent 6 months.
      For a team which has aspirations to play in the CL consistently he just doesn't have the quality to be a regular starter.

His ability on the ball is non existent, his ability to turn after recieving a ball under pressure is very poor and for a player who likes to play further forward he looks terrified when ever he receives the ball in a decent position.

We know he can press but apart from that just runs around like a headless chicken.

Quick Reply