Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 732054 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #2875: Dec 07, 2014 11:43:48 am
      One bad game and the boo squad for Jordan are back. What a load of rubbish.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #2876: Dec 07, 2014 12:22:22 pm

one bad game?

He hasn't been up to it all season.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #2877: Dec 07, 2014 12:31:27 pm
      Problem with Jordan is that he can be a good player in a good squad with a lot less responsibility. At the moment his leadership quality is how he trains, that for me is not good enough. I don't trust him to stand up and deliver when all else is failing. He needs a lot more confidence and character to become captain.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #2878: Dec 07, 2014 12:33:46 pm
      one bad game?

He hasn't been up to it all season.

Whereas the whole rest of the squad has been excellent?
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #2879: Dec 07, 2014 12:41:22 pm

My exact thoughts.

All of you moaning and giving the lad sh*t, saying he's "back to his level" and all other sorts of sh*t need to give your heads a real wobble! Embarrassed for you all. You were all the same people calling for Stevie's head and are now probably singing his praises again.

Modern football fans the lot of you. Go and buy a half-half scarf. Henderson gives his all, all game, every game. So long as he continues to do that he doesn't deserve any stick whatsoever.

Our fanbase used to be so much better than this. Depressing.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #2880: Dec 07, 2014 01:04:11 pm
      Whereas the whole rest of the squad has been excellent?

No,

I'm pointing out it wasn't only ''one bad game'', he had several bad games.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #2881: Dec 07, 2014 04:49:11 pm
      My exact thoughts.

All of you moaning and giving the lad sh*t, saying he's "back to his level" and all other sorts of sh*t need to give your heads a real wobble! Embarrassed for you all. You were all the same people calling for Stevie's head and are now probably singing his praises again.

Modern football fans the lot of you. Go and buy a half-half scarf. Henderson gives his all, all game, every game. So long as he continues to do that he doesn't deserve any stick whatsoever.

Our fanbase used to be so much better than this. Depressing.
      So as long as a player gives his all then he is up to the standard of the club? Doesn't matter if he plays like crap and adds nothing?

I don't think anyone is advocating selling Hendo? But if he is going to start he needs to play much better. Been a shadow of last year's version of himself.

Ridiculous to assert that we can't give his performance the criticism it deserves.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2882: Dec 07, 2014 05:18:48 pm
      Carrying knocks and niggles, and was at the world cup.
      He's not been anywhere as bad as some are trying to make out, although it's fair to say he isn't as good as last season.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2883: Dec 07, 2014 05:41:57 pm
      So as long as a player gives his all then he is up to the standard of the club? Doesn't matter if he plays like crap and adds nothing?

I don't think anyone is advocating selling Hendo? But if he is going to start he needs to play much better. Been a shadow of last year's version of himself.

Ridiculous to assert that we can't give his performance the criticism it deserves.

Couldn't agree more.

All the feigned embarrassment and depression wont change the facts, and as for "we used to be better", well we've always been known to tell it like it is as far as I'm concerned and that is Jordan was total sh*te and has been for a while.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #2884: Dec 07, 2014 07:27:59 pm
      I'm simply not having Hendo be a scapegoat again. Happened when we were poor on form before and now it's looking like happening again. If you're a Henderson basher, you were wrong about him the first time, and you're wrong again this time too. So back off because the last thing we need is a load of negativity around the man who'll be leading the team out for half the games this season. Get a grip and get behind the team and it's vice-captain.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #2885: Dec 07, 2014 08:24:10 pm
      I'm simply not having Hendo be a scapegoat again. Happened when we were poor on form before and now it's looking like happening again. If you're a Henderson basher, you were wrong about him the first time, and you're wrong again this time too. So back off because the last thing we need is a load of negativity around the man who'll be leading the team out for half the games this season. Get a grip and get behind the team and it's vice-captain.

I think you need to get a grip, on current form Henderson should not even be in the team never mind leading anyone out.
      Vice captain doesn't mean anything in reality, Carra was vice captain and was not even picked most of the time by Rodgers.

« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2014 08:34:30 pm by HScRed1 »
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #2886: Dec 07, 2014 08:27:24 pm

He isn't being made a scapegoat, he isn't the player people think he is. He is just a useful player to have nothing more and nothing less.

He will never be the ''next Steven Gerrard'' or ''Potentially world class''.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #2887: Dec 07, 2014 08:34:49 pm
      I think you need to get a grip, on current form Henderson should not even be in the team never mind leading anyone out.
      Vice captain doesn't mean anything in reality Carra was vice captain and was not even picked most if the time by Rodgers.

Great, lets drop him and have Skrtel lead us out and see what happens.

His form is no better and no worse than the rest of the team. Needless singling out.

As for him being just "useful", I think that's a little harsh considering how people were suddenly ranting and raving about him last season. Is he world-class... No chance. Is he just a "useful player". No chance. Somewhere in between.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #2888: Dec 07, 2014 08:40:01 pm
      Great, lets drop him and have Skrtel lead us out and see what happens.

His form is no better and no worse than the rest of the team. Needless singling out.

As for him being just "useful", I think that's a little harsh considering how people were suddenly ranting and raving about him last season. Is he world-class... No chance. Is he just a "useful player". No chance. Somewhere in between.

So your suggestion is to keep playing a player who quite obviously needs a bit of time out to sort his head out! maybe get over any minor injuries he may be carrying.
      It's what happens when you have been given numerous chances over a season and you keep putting in poor performances, you end up on the bench and give someone else a chance.

The success of LFC is more paramount than the fragile ego and confidence of our vice captain.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #2889: Dec 07, 2014 08:47:07 pm
      So your suggestion is to keep playing a player who quite obviously needs a bit of time out to sort his head out! maybe get over any minor injuries he may be carrying.
      It's what happens when you have been given numerous chances over a season and you keep putting in poor performances, you end up on the bench and give someone else a chance.

The success of LFC is more paramount than the fragile ego and confidence of our vice captain.

Firstly, "more paramount" doesn't make any sense.

Secondly, there's literally no reason to drop him. His form is just fine. I see no reasons to sit him on the bench for any other reasons than, as you said injury related or fatigue. Performance wise, you need Jordan Henderson on the pitch, or you're going to be outrun and stretched in midfield all day long, and it's bad enough as it is.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #2890: Dec 07, 2014 08:55:52 pm
      Firstly, "more paramount" doesn't make any sense.

Secondly, there's literally no reason to drop him. His form is just fine. I see no reasons to sit him on the bench for any other reasons than, as you said injury related or fatigue. Performance wise, you need Jordan Henderson on the pitch, or you're going to be outrun and stretched in midfield all day long, and it's bad enough as it is.

Apologies for the poor grammar.

Are you really saying we need Henderson in the team to run a lot!

That's not how you control a midfield buddy you need players who don't constantly give the ball away or can't control a ball. Which other teams have a CM who just runs up and down and offers nothing else.

I'm not saying he is useless but be needs to be used in certain games like probably against United where we are likely to be under the cosh so we will need him to hit them on the counter.
      Against teams who sit back like Sunderland he won't offer much creativity to unlock a defence.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #2891: Dec 07, 2014 09:36:00 pm
      Apologies for the poor grammar.

Are you really saying we need Henderson in the team to run a lot!

That's not how you control a midfield buddy you need players who don't constantly give the ball away or can't control a ball. Which other teams have a CM who just runs up and down and offers nothing else.

I'm not saying he is useless but be needs to be used in certain games like probably against United where we are likely to be under the cosh so we will need him to hit them on the counter.
      Against teams who sit back like Sunderland he won't offer much creativity to unlock a defence.

There's a difference between running a lot and running into the right areas a lot more than everyone else does. With Henderson's passing game, it's much improved over the last few years, he is a tidy passer without doubt and has a good range of long range passing to boot. Granted he gave the ball away a lot more against Sunderland, however there's no need for calls for his head as a result.

Work rate should never be underestimated, very few top players don't have a hunger and a great work rate, especially in midfield. Jordan has that skill above and beyond anyone else we have, and the rest of his game is solid as a rock too (granted I'd like to see him score a few more but we're getting there with that).

We're a worse team without Henderson in it, and the stats back that up.

Don't believe me... Here have a look at this:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/player-stats/16407/Henderson

Go on down to the player comparison and see how Hendo does against the rest of our midfield then realise how everyone is totally overreacting with this lad (again)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2892: Dec 07, 2014 10:08:27 pm
      Again, another guy not playing at his best. But who did well for us last year, after much criticism. And will again.
      Closed out the game at Leicester the other night.

While at the same time people will jump to the defense of guys playing too F***ing sh*t to get on the pitch.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #2893: Dec 14, 2014 04:16:10 pm
      God awful gutless and insipid display from Henderson today.

This man is our future captain.

Just let that one settle in.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #2894: Dec 14, 2014 04:25:57 pm
      And so the boo boys return, despite Hendo not playing any worse than the rest of our midfielders.

Never shys away and always give his all even when things aren't going his way.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2895: Dec 14, 2014 04:27:47 pm
      And so the boo boys return, despite Hendo not playing any worse than the rest of our midfielders.

Never shys away and always give his all even when things aren't going his way.

He deserves criticism today, as do Gerrard & Allen.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #2896: Dec 14, 2014 04:29:19 pm
      He deserves criticism today, as do Gerrard & Allen.

Gutless though? Never in a million years.

Played sh*t, yes. Visible to the end though unlike a lot of those who wore the red shirt today.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2897: Dec 14, 2014 04:33:46 pm
      Gutless though? Never in a million years.

Played sh*t, yes. Visible to the end though unlike a lot of those who wore the red shirt today.

Don't know about gutless, but he was very weak in possession and not much better in the aspects of his game he does do well.

Quick Reply