Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 732003 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #3013: Feb 04, 2015 11:24:18 pm
      I do wish he could bloody shoot though! Had another couple of opportunities tonight. It's the piece that is missing from his game, if he could chip in with 6-8 goals a season we'd be laughing
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #3014: Feb 04, 2015 11:30:24 pm
      I do wish he could bloody shoot though! Had another couple of opportunities tonight. It's the piece that is missing from his game, if he could chip in with 6-8 goals a season we'd be laughing

He is a true striker of the ball unlike most of them who seem to scuff it all the time, should def get a few more.
      Now that the team seem to be better defensively and tactically I think shouting practice should be order of the day for a few of them
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #3015: Feb 04, 2015 11:32:56 pm
      He is a true striker of the ball unlike most of them who seem to scuff it all the time, should def get a few more.
      Now that the team seem to be better defensively and tactically I think shouting practice should be order of the day for a few of them

I would prefer shooting practice, but shouting at the ref can have a effect  ;)
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #3016: Feb 04, 2015 11:37:35 pm
      I would prefer shooting practice, but shouting at the ref can have a effect  ;)

Oops  :-\

Hendo certainly doesn't need any shouting practice loves a good moan and groan does our Jordan
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,765 posts | 6723 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3017: Feb 05, 2015 05:32:11 am
      Oops  :-\

Hendo certainly doesn't need any shouting practice loves a good moan and groan does our Jordan

He also loves celebrating a goal.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #3018: Feb 05, 2015 04:23:21 pm
      He's no better than Fabian Delph though :laugh:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #3019: Feb 05, 2015 04:34:21 pm
      Surprised fed has not been on pissing on everyone's joy.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #3020: Feb 06, 2015 09:55:53 pm
      Showing my age I know, but there was none of this going on when I was a kid. You were considered as being brilliant if you could do 50+ keepy-uppies ;D I remember being in awe of that kid in the coca-cola ad. Anybody else remember the ad?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/football/video-1157249/A-skinny-16-year-old-Jordan-Henderson-performing-street-skills.html

Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #3021: Feb 06, 2015 10:00:04 pm
      I didn't realise he only had 18 months to run on his contract. You'd think the club might pull their Foookin finger out and get an offer on the table quick smart.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3022: Feb 06, 2015 10:06:21 pm
      I didn't realise he only had 18 months to run on his contract. You'd think the club might pull their Foookin finger out and get an offer on the table quick smart.

Especially for somebody who is more than likely going to be our next captain.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #3023: Feb 06, 2015 10:06:39 pm

Even Gerrard is concerned.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/06/steven-gerrard-liverpool-raheem-sterling-jordan-henderson
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #3024: Feb 06, 2015 10:19:33 pm

Yeah that's where I picked it up from  glad to hear the skipper coming out and telling it like it is. Pull your finger out FSG and get the deals for Henderson and Sterling sorted. They completely fuc....ked up Stevie's contract offer so it would be good to get these two right
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3025: Feb 07, 2015 07:52:42 am
      Phil, Jordan and Raheem all had their contracts handled at the same time I think.

In time something should be announced.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3026: Feb 07, 2015 08:40:29 am
      Phil, Jordan and Raheem all had their contracts handled at the same time I think.

In time something should be announced.

Probably on deadline day of the summer after no new arrivals ;D

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #3027: Feb 07, 2015 08:58:14 am
      Still don't think the lad gets enough credit - lot of focus on Wed night about Sterling and Sturridge. It was his arrival that changed the game for me and we started to get a proper grip of affairs.

Yes initially they got their dodgy penalty but I just thought we looked much sharper and tighter when he appeared.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3028: Feb 07, 2015 07:30:31 pm
      Not going to mince my words - he was very poor today. To pick on him solely would be desperately unfair though considering the level of performance of the others around him ie Gerrard, Allen and yes, Sterling.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #3029: Feb 07, 2015 07:35:44 pm
      Lost his head today , not the actions of a proper captain and ended up with a yellow instead of calming things down .
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3030: Feb 07, 2015 08:19:32 pm
      When Lucas is on the pitch, despite being the most defensive out of our midfielders, his distribution is positive and he starts up attacks. Hendo relies heavily on this allowing him to support the attack if necessary, thus becoming more positive.

When Lucas went off injured, Henderson sat back mostly, and what really irked me was his passing and negative play.  Majority of the time, he takes that extra touch that's not needed and passes are side or backwards. It's kind of ironic when he's suppose to be the more attacking midfielder. Henderson seems totally lost without an exceptional distributor next to him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #3031: Feb 07, 2015 08:28:33 pm
      When Lucas is on the pitch, despite being the most defensive out of our midfielders, his distribution is positive and he starts up attacks. Hendo relies heavily on this allowing him to support the attack if necessary, thus becoming more positive.

When Lucas went off injured, Henderson sat back mostly, and what really irked me was his passing and negative play.  Majority of the time, he takes that extra touch that's not needed and passes are side or backwards. It's kind of ironic when he's suppose to be the more attacking midfielder. Henderson seems totally lost without an exceptional distributor next to him.

Suffers from notelitemidfielderitis
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #3032: Feb 08, 2015 02:58:49 am
      I'm sure it was just a blip but he was piss poor today. I mean really just horrible. Hope it's out of his system now and he'll get back to normal.

Did enjoy his dustup with Naismith.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3033: Feb 08, 2015 05:05:05 am
      I'm sure it was just a blip but he was piss poor today. I mean really just horrible. Hope it's out of his system now and he'll get back to normal.

why would it be a blip?  and what is "back to normal"?

He was awful for his first two seasons.  Last season around Christmas he turned into a completely different player and was top class for the second half of the season.  This season he's been hit and miss.

So is normal the way he was for the first two seasons?  or the way he's been for basically half a season?

anyway yes he was terrible in the derby.  but so was Allen.  And Gerrard. 

Wouldn't mind totally gutting the midfield in the offseason to be honest.  Move Can to DM, build from there.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #3034: Feb 08, 2015 04:34:26 pm
      why would it be a blip?  and what is "back to normal"?

He was awful for his first two seasons.  Last season around Christmas he turned into a completely different player and was top class for the second half of the season.  This season he's been hit and miss.

So is normal the way he was for the first two seasons?  or the way he's been for basically half a season?

anyway yes he was terrible in the derby.  but so was Allen.  And Gerrard. 

Wouldn't mind totally gutting the midfield in the offseason to be honest.  Move Can to DM, build from there.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3035: Feb 08, 2015 09:23:55 pm
      Jordan left a message for you at the match yesterday Fed...I think it was F**k Off...though I can't be sure

Quick Reply