Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 731437 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4278: Apr 08, 2016 09:31:55 am
      Mignolet isn't good enough to be backup IMO.

Also, I don't think there's any risk in getting rid of sh*te players.  It's not like losing good players.  You lose a lot of good players quickly, yes, it harms chemistry.  But losing sh*te players is the inverse, it makes you that much better that much faster. 

Maybe we could convince Henderson that it's his destiny to help Sunderland come back up next season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4279: Apr 08, 2016 09:33:58 am
      Mignolet isn't good enough to be backup IMO.

Also, I don't think there's any risk in getting rid of sh*te players.  It's not like losing good players.  You lose a lot of good players quickly, yes, it harms chemistry.  But losing sh*te players is the inverse, it makes you that much better that much faster. 

Maybe we could convince Henderson that it's his destiny to help Sunderland come back up next season.

I thought Migs had a good game yesterday, certainly worthy of a backup keeper. I of course think we need a better keeper but Migs is improving, finally!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #4280: Apr 08, 2016 09:47:20 am
      Really don't understand some of the absurd comments masquerading as fact on this forum.
      Mignolet is backed by Jürgen Klopp who retains his confidence in the player, in other words the manager believes 100% he has the ability to up his game and acquit himself in the best interest of LFC.

The last two games at least Mignolet has repaid that trust with interest and got us out of the brown stuff against quality opposition; the manager's judgement has been exonerated.

Yet still like F***ing parrots the cry of ''Mignolet is sh*t'' rings out from some.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #4281: Apr 08, 2016 11:18:06 am
      Hopefully his injury is not too bad as a ACL could mean his career is over at the top level.

Will of course now give opportunities to some of the youngsters like Brannagan.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #4282: Apr 08, 2016 12:24:15 pm
      Really don't understand some of the absurd comments masquerading as fact on this forum.
      Mignolet is backed by Jürgen Klopp who retains his confidence in the player, in other words the manager believes 100% he has the ability to up his game and acquit himself in the best interest of LFC.

The last two games at least Mignolet has repaid that trust with interest and got us out of the brown stuff against quality opposition; the manager's judgement has been exonerated.

Yet still like f**king parrots the cry of ''Mignolet is sh*t'' rings out from some.

I think the fear with Migs is that his next big mistake is just around the corner mate. He has been in fine form just recently but I think he will need to string together a really solid 12-15 games on the bounce to change perceptions from much of the fan base.

My feeling has always been:

- Very talented shot stopper who can win a match with his saves
      - Rather weak when it comes to the high ball and his nervousness (against more physical sides) affects the rest of the defence
      - He is prone to an all-mighty clanger every 8-10 games (sometimes 2 or 3 in a short space of time) and more often than not they lead to a goal

PS. Just realised tis is the Henderson thread!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #4283: Apr 08, 2016 01:10:41 pm
      Get well soon Captain.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4284: Apr 08, 2016 01:16:20 pm
      Injury may be a blessing for him? He needs to get himself right physically and mentally and refocus for next season. He's had a massive drop off from the player he was 2 years ago. Just too much inconsistency as of late that could be down to injuries I suppose.

Not if it's a serious ACL injury :( His game is based around running, running and... more running, so if it's a seriously one, HScRed1 has a point and he could struggle when he returns, even when match fit :( I really hope it's nothing too serious and he'll be back in a couple of weeks or so.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #4285: Apr 08, 2016 01:16:35 pm
      Out of our current first XI I'd keep:

Mignolet (as backup keeper)
      Lovren
      Sakho
      Clyne
      Moreno (purely as backup)
      Milner (good squad player)
      Can
      Allen (becoming more and more useful as a squad player)
      Lucas (good squad player)
      Coutts
      Firminio
      Markovich (want to see him in a Klopp team)
      Ibe (Still think there is a player in there)
      Sturridge
      Ings
      Origi

To be sold:
      Henderson (offers far to little as a midfileder or captain)
      Lallana (has got skills but is so lightweight and very little end product)
      Benteke (has forgotten how to be a striker)

I really would be wary about getting rid of to many all at once, unless we have very solid replacements coming in.

Anyone saying Lallana needs to be sold is having a laugh....rest of your post not worth reading. He's been one of our best players easily  in the last month or so.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4286: Apr 08, 2016 03:08:32 pm
      Get well soon, hope it is nothing serious.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4287: Apr 08, 2016 03:21:18 pm
      I would have had Allen playing anyway, not that he is that good... he is a reasonable improvement on Henderson.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4288: Apr 08, 2016 03:44:03 pm
      I would have had Allen playing anyway, not that he is that good... he is a reasonable improvement on Henderson.

On current form, I agree totally. Allen is offering much more to the team in the moment.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #4289: Apr 08, 2016 05:00:50 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4290: Apr 08, 2016 05:06:35 pm

I feel for anybody who suffers any injury like this. He must be gutted that his season is finished.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,813 posts | 471 
      Reply #4291: Apr 08, 2016 05:22:41 pm
      Get better Jordan, heal soon, horrible year with injuries for him, as we haven't seen the best out of him. He played injured, and wasn't his best. Hopefully the heel injury will also get better  with the time off. Come back stronger and better Jordan, in my prayers.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #4292: Apr 08, 2016 05:29:55 pm
      I feel for anybody who suffers any injury like this. He must be gutted that his season is finished.

Thing is he mentioned the only way his heel could improve was by not playing and maybe after the Euros he would get a chance to rest it; seems now that rest has been forced upon him...hopefully he can recover and take a 10-12 week break and come back strong for next season.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #4293: Apr 08, 2016 05:36:44 pm
      Allen is the man now then
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #4294: Apr 08, 2016 05:51:39 pm
      Ligament damage so not as bad as first feared. Probably wont be making the Euro's I would guess.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4295: Apr 08, 2016 06:05:29 pm
      Thought it'd be worse news. 2 months for a knee injury is kind of a lucky escape.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #4296: Apr 08, 2016 06:19:10 pm
      Thought it'd be worse news. 2 months for a knee injury is kind of a lucky escape.

Not to mention perhaps the time off will help the heel.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4297: Apr 08, 2016 06:24:32 pm
      Kind of disappointed he's out for our final run ins as I feel there is a small chance of top 4 and a Europa win, but on the flip side, he'll get a whole summer to chillax and hopefully be fit and ready for pre season.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #4298: Apr 08, 2016 07:05:40 pm
      Kind of disappointed he's out for our final run ins as I feel there is a small chance of top 4 and a Europa win, but on the flip side, he'll get a whole summer to chillax and hopefully be fit and ready for pre season.

Could be a blessing in disguise. You could tell something was not completely right with him. Now he has the opportunity to recover fully and come back next year at full strength.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4299: Apr 08, 2016 07:43:18 pm
      Could be a blessing in disguise. You could tell something was not completely right with him. Now he has the opportunity to recover fully and come back next year at full strength.
      I don't think his poor performances are related to this injury. I would imagine he will return even more rusty. Now is the time for somebody to cement a steak as captain.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #4300: Apr 08, 2016 07:45:36 pm
      I don't think his poor performances are related to this injury. I would imagine he will return even more rusty. Now is the time for somebody to cement a steak as captain.

Ribeye or rump?  ;D

Quick Reply