Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 731052 times
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4347: May 10, 2016 03:45:31 am
      wow, i can't believe Roy Hodgson posts here as "Lio Varadkar"!
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #4348: May 10, 2016 06:48:27 am
      He still has a lot to improve on especially in the reading of the game. Signing a quality box2box midfielder would certainly threaten his place in the team and his captainship if he remains at his current level.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #4349: May 10, 2016 08:24:33 am
      Henderson has been playing with an injury all season he hasn't been anywhere near the player he was. Jürgen as we have found out plays players on merit only and that's exactly how it should be the team comes first nothing else matters and Jordan needs to regain his fitness and work his way back into the team and whoever said Klopp doesn't rate him that's not the impression he gave me when he talked about him the other day he is a Klopp player a team player

I completely disagree with the bit about Klopp playing players only on merit. Allen and Sturridge have missed out on games despite them being in better form than some of our other players, Coutinho has played games when he's not looked up for it, Milner was consistently playing when he was in a poor run of form, Mignolet has consistently played, Ibe was preferred to players in better form (Sturridge, Ojo) against Villarreal. I could go on.

He still has a lot to improve on especially in the reading of the game. Signing a quality box2box midfielder would certainly threaten his place in the team and his captainship if he remains at his current level.

If he gets over his foot/heel injury, he'll walk back into the team. That's a big if though.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4350: May 10, 2016 08:29:25 am
      If Hodgson requested to see how Henderson is in terms of fitness and sharpness prior to major tournament Klopp would have no option but to play him vs Sevilla. The day you start arguments with the FA is the start of your ending. See Brendan, he argued with Roy over Sturridge treatment and that was it for him at LFC. Hendo, the core member of English national team is fit - he starts in Basel, its simple as that.
      If John Henry heard this, he'd ask what are they smoking over there at Wembley.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #4351: May 11, 2016 06:31:14 pm
      Yes, according to Klopp hes is doing running and passing individually. Hendo should be back soon, declaring himself available for EL final.

Thanks god he is not recovering from such a bas**rds injury Ings or Origi had suffered.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #4352: May 17, 2016 05:10:49 pm
      Heard it on good authority the other day from someone inside the club that a lot of people have fell out with Henderson and apparently he's just a right moody b***ard that hardly speaks to anyone.

Make of that what you will!

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4353: May 17, 2016 05:13:35 pm
      Heard it on good authority the other day from someone inside the club that a lot of people have fell out with Henderson and apparently he's just a right moody b***ard that hardly speaks to anyone.

One of the players (can't remember who it was) mentioned in an interview that he's a shy and quiet person off the field.

friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #4354: May 17, 2016 05:15:32 pm
      One of the players (can't remember who it was) mentioned in an interview that he's a shy and quiet person off the field.

Polite way of saying "massive w**ker who doesn't laugh at any of my jokes" - Kolo Toure (possibly)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4355: May 17, 2016 05:20:57 pm
      “Jordan Henderson is a shy character so he maybe feels like he didn't have to step up but it's the way it goes."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fcs-shy-captain-jordan-10969167

Charlie Adam!

Perhaps that's the reason why he comes across as a moody b***ard that hardly speaks to others, because he's shy? :)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #4356: May 17, 2016 05:24:10 pm
      I think a spot on the bench is the best he can hope for , can't see Klopp upsetting the team for  a player who hasn't played for weeks .
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #4357: May 17, 2016 06:52:26 pm

Heard it on good authority from someone who works inside the club, that he's a good captain and that people outside the club have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

On a more serious note, Barrett said a while ago on the Irish Times podcast that Henderson does loads for the players off the pitch and behind the scenes and he's well respected by the rest of the players.

I think a spot on the bench is the best he can hope for , can't see Klopp upsetting the team for  a player who hasn't played for weeks .

Yeah, he'll be on the bench. He'll be a handy sub to have. He looked good coming off the bench against West Brom.

Charlie Adam!

Perhaps that's the reason why he comes across as a moody b***ard that hardly speaks to others, because he's shy? :)

His opinion is fairly irrelevant considering he played one season with Henderson and that was his first, when he was a shy player. Quite a lot has changed for him since that point. Considering the bollockings he gives the refs, him standing up to opposition players regularly, and responsibility he takes on the pitch now, I'd say it's a bit of a stretch to say he's still shy.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4358: May 17, 2016 08:27:51 pm
      On a more serious note, Barrett said a while ago on the Irish Times podcast that Henderson does loads for the players off the pitch and behind the scenes and he's well respected by the rest of the players.

I have a feeling fredeggden is talking about the lesser staff in which he is not familiar with. We have all formed an opinion on someone that we barely speak to or not, whether negative or positive, and perhaps with these lesser staff not knowing Hendo and Hendo not comfortable with them, they just assume he's a w**ker?

His opinion is fairly irrelevant considering he played one season with Henderson and that was his first, when he was a shy player. Quite a lot has changed for him since that point. Considering the bollockings he gives the refs, him standing up to opposition players regularly, and responsibility he takes on the pitch now, I'd say it's a bit of a stretch to say he's still shy.

On the pitch doesn't usually translate to off the pitch which friedeggden is talking about, his off the field character/personality.

As for Adam's opinion, well, that one year spent with him gives him more of a basis to judge his character than us in which our views of Hendo are almost entirely on assumption . I for one wouldn't call it a stretch and fairly irrelevant. And for all we know, they could still be friends.

Anyway, I'm taking fredeggden's comment with a pinch of salt, but IF it's true, as mentioned, it could be down to his shyness OFF the pitch rather than him being a moody b***ard.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4359: May 17, 2016 08:49:56 pm
      Thought we'd miss Jordan more than we have. The injury came at a bad time for him. Can't see him starting tomorrow, and could be concerning summer.
      If he comes on as sub, does he go on to raise the trophy if we win?  Gettin waaaaaaaaayy ahead of myself  :bert:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4360: May 18, 2016 12:28:33 am

Agreed mate, bench is the only option for Jordan. Can't see him starting.

I have to admit when he came on against West Brom, I thought I'd watch him play and see how he goes running around the pitch. Not gonna lie, I was not very impressed, when he got the ball it was a pass backwards on most occasions with the odd pass to the side. Nothing going forward. I thought to myself at the time, I don't want you staring in the Final Jordan...sorry mate but that's the truth.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #4361: May 18, 2016 02:24:18 am
      Agreed mate, bench is the only option for Jordan. Can't see him starting.

I have to admit when he came on against West Brom, I thought I'd watch him play and see how he goes running around the pitch. Not gonna lie, I was not very impressed, when he got the ball it was a pass backwards on most occasions with the odd pass to the side. Nothing going forward. I thought to myself at the time, I don't want you staring in the Final Jordan...sorry mate but that's the truth.

The likes of the Anfield Wrap and co. were all very impressed with how he ran. He looked very mobile. Also, the stats say otherwise when it comes to the passing.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #4362: May 18, 2016 06:43:55 am
      Admitted I'm a bit concerned of Hendo future at the club. This season he's truly regress as a footballer, of course mainly because his injuries.

But I think the majority known that his potential ceiling is not that high, and he will be 26 next month so even with Klopp if Hendo can develop further enough to the level we expect from LFC midfield general and captain it will be a big big surprise.

And the armband, Rodger decision to appoint Hendo a captain is a massive mistake I'm realise now. And the victim of this is Hendo who as much as he try to do the captain job it still look inconvenience. Not sure if Klopp has his long term captain from next season but I'm doubt very much Hendo is that man. Klopp decision weather to change this or not could affect Hendo decision to stay or leave, IMO.

IF Hendo decide to stay given the heavily competition he will have to face next season and, worst case scenario      if Klopp change the captain then I will admire his (Henderson) brave heart, but he still must improve himself as a footballer to be part of LFC title winning team. Good luck Hendo :)   
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #4363: May 18, 2016 07:02:58 am
      I have heard , from a very reliable source , that Klopp is not at all convinced by Henderson .

Well he does have two eyes. 

This is why I don't get the excitement over him being back.  First of all even though he's fit, even Messi would be rusty having only played a few minutes as a sub.  So he's not "match" fit and there's no way he could fit for a major cup final.  Apart from him being rusty, he's just not that good. 

So why are we supposed to be excited about him being "fit" enough to play tonight?  is he some sort of magical player like Suarez who only needs a few seconds to change a game?  No. 

Him being back is really irrelevant.  We need to go with what has been strongest the last few weeks, that's Can, Milner, and Joseph in midfield.  Sturridge, Coutinho, Firmino in attack.  We don't need Henderson, never have, never will.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4364: May 18, 2016 07:16:27 am
      Well he does have two eyes. 

And a pair of glasses.

Four eyes.

;D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #4365: May 18, 2016 07:19:15 am
      The likes of the Anfield Wrap and co. were all very impressed with how he ran. He looked very mobile. Also, the stats say otherwise when it comes to the passing.

We all know stats are very misleading and can mostly be used to make a player look better than he actually is as with all things the eyes don't lie .
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #4366: May 18, 2016 03:42:44 pm
      Obviously I'm not going to write who I heard it off but you have no reason to doubt it. It's not like I'm saying we're going to sign Messi. Just talking about what's going on in the club and apparently he gets on a lot of peoples nerves, coming from someone very involved in first team matters.

Like I said, make of it what you will.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #4367: May 18, 2016 04:15:29 pm
      We all know stats are very misleading and can mostly be used to make a player look better than he actually is as with all things the eyes don't lie .

Of course the eyes lie... If he's saying that he didn't think he passed the ball forwards, yet the stats show that he was passing the ball forwards with regularity, then the stats quite clearly aren't being misleading. They're stating the facts.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4368: May 18, 2016 05:53:21 pm
      "The facts lie" isn't the expression for a reason.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4369: May 19, 2016 03:17:31 pm
      Of course the eyes lie... If he's saying that he didn't think he passed the ball forwards, yet the stats show that he was passing the ball forwards with regularity, then the stats quite clearly aren't being misleading. They're stating the facts.

You do realize that the whole " MONEYBALL " Theory is entirely based on stats don't you? Hows that working out so far?

Quick Reply