Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 732233 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4462: Jul 28, 2016 01:32:57 pm
      Exactly. Or they feel the need to point out that he would be better with a certain type of player alongside him to hold his hand. Every time i see Henderson in a LFC shirt i feel like he's stealing from me.
      Oh sorry , i forgot , he has lots of energy . So did Fred West but i don't see him in many peoples starting 11.

U ok hun?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4463: Jul 28, 2016 01:53:04 pm
      Last 20 mins of a game, we're losing and playing against 10 men, where was Henderson?

Placing the burden onto his younger teammates while he remained deep and safe in the comfort of his sideway passing.

Not good enough, and never will be I'm afraid.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4464: Jul 28, 2016 02:10:04 pm
      Contributed directly to 16 goals ? Ha ha ha.
      How vague is that right there. Now players can compliment each other in a partnership , but they BOTH  have to bring something to the table. And what does Henderson bring to the table?  F**k your stats, just watch him play.
      He gives the ball away
      His shooting on goal is terrible, not bad , but terrible.
      His is a poor tackler
      He has no presence
      His positional sense is sh*te , constantly chasing around like a clueless F**k
      His first instinct on receiving a ball, is to hit it straight back to the player who passed it to him ( then runs away )
      Oh yeh , he struggles to run with a football , constantly knocking it to far in front of himself.
      He is not of the standard required for this football club .

How vague? 6 goals & 10 assists, that clear enough for you?

F**k you and your high horse bullshit.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #4465: Jul 28, 2016 02:29:17 pm

He's right though mate. Makes some good points.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4466: Jul 28, 2016 02:59:09 pm

I just don't understand why you get so tetchy . He's just a poor quality footballer , rich beyond our wildest dreams , with a fantastic quality of life and i do't think his talent warrants it. He's not alone mind you.
      It's his weak mentality which grates on me, lack of ability can be accepted when an excellent mental determination is applied but Henderson is lacking in both .
      So i want him to F**k off and squirm for some other team.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #4467: Jul 28, 2016 03:08:48 pm
      I just don't understand why you get so tetchy . He's just a poor quality footballer , rich beyond our wildest dreams , with a fantastic quality of life and i do't think his talent warrants it. He's not alone mind you.
      It's his weak mentality which grates on me, lack of ability can be accepted when an excellent mental determination is applied but Henderson is lacking in both .
      So i want him to f**k off and squirm for some other team.

So having the option to leave us and get first team football at a smaller club after being told you aren't in his plans (by Rodgers), only to turn the offer down, fight for his spot, and become captain of one of the most historic clubs in all of Europe is a lack of mental determination?

Oh my.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4468: Jul 28, 2016 03:12:06 pm
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #4469: Jul 28, 2016 03:27:06 pm
      Ahh, the armchair psychologists are out again. Guess Jordan can go join Lovren in the corner where he's been uncontrollably shaking in fear for the past 10 months.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #4470: Jul 28, 2016 03:58:46 pm
      Contributed directly to 16 goals ? Ha ha ha.
      How vague is that right there. Now players can compliment each other in a partnership , but they BOTH  have to bring something to the table. And what does Henderson bring to the table?  F**k your stats, just watch him play.
      He gives the ball away
      His shooting on goal is terrible, not bad , but terrible.
      His is a poor tackler
      He has no presence
      His positional sense is sh*te , constantly chasing around like a clueless f**k
      His first instinct on receiving a ball, is to hit it straight back to the player who passed it to him ( then runs away )
      Oh yeh , he struggles to run with a football , constantly knocking it to far in front of himself.
      He is not of the standard required for this football club .

Your statements on Henderson should remind you to look in the mirror regarding your time on this forum.

Back from what? your third or fourth ban in the past year for winding people up....your not the voice of dissent, just hyperbole.

Be interesting to see what you get after your 3 month time out, at the pace your on it won't be long for us to find out.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4471: Jul 28, 2016 04:18:31 pm
      Last 20 mins of a game, we're losing and playing against 10 men, where was Henderson?

Placing the burden onto his younger teammates while he remained deep and safe in the comfort of his sideway passing.

Not good enough, and never will be I'm afraid.

Not good enough in that role, we do not want to see him doing that, we want him playing in a 3 man midfield playing as the box-boxer, and then, he will be good enough, perhaps even great!

Imagine Kante as an attacking mid, Lucas playing box-box or in a DM role or Dele-Alli in a DM role, just like Hendo playing in a deeper CM role or asking to dictate.. never gonna work out!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4472: Jul 28, 2016 05:25:22 pm
      A lot of activity on here again, will no doubt go down in history in our club as one of the most controversial captains we've ever had if nothing else.

As many of you are most likely aware, I like Henderson, I think he's a great player when everything is right with fitness and position etc.

I decided to go researching and recount his career, at the end we'll see if that alters any opinion of his one way or the other.

2011/2012 - Listed as one of 13 players to watch by FIFA and joins Liverpool for £16million. I remember it being seen as a lot of money at the time for what was a very raw young talent. I think here is where the uphill battle starts for him. I don't think fans welcomed him with open arms. We had just bought Suarez for £22 million which isn't that much more and also sold Mascherano for £17.5 million. People wanted someone like Mascherano, a known, proven player. I also remember thinking if we had to pay £20million for Downing that year, that actually £16million for Henderson may seem a snip in a few years time. I stand by that now, I think the £16 million we paid for him now looks a good deal? Can we? That season he played 31 games, scored 2 and made 1 assist. Was being played in lots of different positions, never looed comfortable on the ball. Poor first season by anyones book.

2012/2013 - England U-21 player of the year. Captain of England U-21s. I think well received by most as a very good U-21 player, and a good captain. Didn't play much for us that year, 16 starts but with 5 goals and 4 assists. I think he made the most of his chances this season and won the manager over in a way. I remember being enthusiastic about him playing more but again, most people not interested. I still remember a lot of the time Henderson being forced out wide and he had his best performances when coming on instead of Allen in the centre. I really think he would have benefited from being played in CM from an early start. Stints at Right Mid and even Right Back here hurt him.

2013/14 - With Shelvey leaving and Allen not impressing, Henderson played more. With the diamond Henderson is at his best I think. Gerrard playing deep and Coutinho a lot of the time with Henderson in CM, he covered a tonne of ground. I see a lot of people saying 'yea but he can run a lot' as if it's some passing comment or something to be ignored. He ran 36km in this season, 4th highest in the league. Water carrier comments aside he still scored 4 and made 7 assists.

2014/15 - He was made vice-captain of the team and now we're left with Gerrard on the bench a lot or being subbed off. Very frustrating season with Henderson taking a lot of the blame. We'd lost Suarez who could have captained the team, lost Mascherano and Agger. Peoples minds drift back to Carragher and Hyypia and the captains they were. And now during a frustrating season they see Henderson as the captain, he's a kid, he's not the captain we're used to round ere'. No thanks. His turnout of 6 goals and 9 assists made him our best player that year in my eyes. I think for at least periods here, some people were saying good job to him and seeing that he's never been a wide player but CM is his position. Think he did a little bit as RWB which has awful and then very good in CM when he played there.

2015/16 - What can you say? Only 15 appearances his lowest PL turnout ever, 2 goals and 3 assists. Definitely injured for most of those appearances. Things reset to square one.

So I think he's turned most people around once however he's now in a position where he has to do it again. I feel like he was only getting started until last season where injury. And his career here has been very stop, start. CM to RM to RB on and off the bench. Poor positioning cost him one season of his career and so now has injury. I think he's been desperately unlucky, I think he'll stay as captain, I think it's an uphill battle  against 3 things:

1) Injury - If heel problems continue it could be the end of his time here unfortunately.
      2) Fans - Needs to remind people why he's the captain of the club. Put last season in the back of his mind and remember he's been improving every season.
      3) Performance - I don't think Klopp will play him if he doesn't perform. There are options in CM now with Can, Grujic, Milner and some of the younger lads too! He has shown he can pick a pass and has a good assist record for the club. I think he needs to add goals, because I think Grujic can.

Overall, I'm not as confident with Jordan as I was this time last year for example, however that's mainly to do with the injury and can he overcome it. Being given the FIFA player to watch list, England U-21 armband, Senior caps, the Liverpool armband. You don't do those things if you're average, this isn't a lamb in sheep's clothing, this is the highest level of football there is. You don't fluke your way in over and over. Every season he keeps adding to his work rate, his vocalness on the field, organisation and growing into the captains role. He added more goals each year and more assists to the point where he made the most assists. And then the injury happened and as he says himself; as many say actually, he was playing through the pain. That's dedication to the cause isn't it? That's a good sign that your captain really wants to play and back into it isn't it?

I think Klopp may ease him back in perhaps, however part of me just thinks he needs 10 games under his belt at CM and then we'll see the best of him come out again and I think he's earned that chance at least to show everyone he deserves to be the captain.

littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4473: Jul 28, 2016 06:27:44 pm
      Your statements on Henderson should remind you to look in the mirror regarding your time on this forum.

Back from what? your third or fourth ban in the past year for winding people up....your not the voice of dissent, just hyperbole.

Be interesting to see what you get after your 3 month time out, at the pace your on it won't be long for us to find out.
      Oooh , why don't you go get the teacher.  I stand by all my comments on Henderson because i know a poor footballer when i see one.
      Regarding my bans , well , i was simply defending my opinion , without the need for profanities or insults against a horde of likkle babies , who just kept on insulting me until one of the Mods had to step in and help them.
      Just because i don-t think like you ( and god only knows what that feels like ) doesn't mean i can't express my opinions.
      Once in a while , try thinking for yourself , and you know what? Before you know it a bunch of little Daffodils on here will be screaming " Wind up merchant!!! "
      Anyway , back on topic.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #4474: Jul 28, 2016 07:04:31 pm
      Oooh , why don't you go get the teacher.  I stand by all my comments on Henderson because i know a poor footballer when i see one.
      Regarding my bans , well , i was simply defending my opinion , without the need for profanities or insults against a horde of likkle babies , who just kept on insulting me until one of the Mods had to step in and help them.
      Just because i don-t think like you ( and god only knows what that feels like ) doesn't mean i can't express my opinions.
      Once in a while , try thinking for yourself , and you know what? Before you know it a bunch of little Daffodils on here will be screaming " Wind up merchant!!! "
      Anyway , back on topic.

Does not matter to me if you rate/don't rate Henderson or not; your posts are nothing but bullshit extremism which is why nobody but 1-2 posters (and everybody know's who they are) rate you as a member of this forum. Your a joker who has been banned 3-4 times in a years time for winding people up because that is what you enjoy doing.

You will go the way that all posters of your ilk end up going; it's just a matter of time. :)
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4475: Jul 28, 2016 07:49:14 pm
      Does not matter to me if you rate/don't rate Henderson or not; your posts are nothing but bullshit extremism which is why nobody but 1-2 posters (and everybody know's who they are) rate you as a member of this forum. Your a joker who has been banned 3-4 times in a years time for winding people up because that is what you enjoy doing.

You will go the way that all posters of your ilk end up going; it's just a matter of time. :)
      Oh dear, why do you lot always make it personal? You sound tired and emotional , maybe you need a break from the forum because you certainly don't seem to be enjoying yourself.
      Lets get back on topic eh?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #4476: Jul 28, 2016 08:22:08 pm
      Oh dear, why do you lot always make it personal? You sound tired and emotional , maybe you need a break from the forum because you certainly don't seem to be enjoying yourself.

I agree mate. All this ban business. It's embarrassing
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4477: Jul 28, 2016 09:59:28 pm

Maybe take your own advice because being a condescending tool is alongside making it personal.

So like you say, on topic and lets cut the bitching shall we. Got a new season to look forward to.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #4478: Jul 29, 2016 09:28:27 am
      My only issue with Henderson is that he is asked to play a pivotal role in CM and by giving him the captains armband, i expected the added responsibility to drive him to become better, but it didnt. He is a limited footballer considering the role he has to fulfill and for the good of the club i dont think he has the strength of character to be the captain.
      He is definitely good enough to be in our squad and the ability to press and keep play moving will come in handy over many games this season...but unfortunately in the big games, i wouldnt have him as a starter in my lineup coz he just doesnt have the presence i expect from a CM.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #4479: Jul 29, 2016 09:28:48 am
      if only we had a transfer system on the forum. whats with all the anger toward a Liverpool player who gives his best. Not all forum members rate him but very few abuse him at every given moment.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #4480: Jul 29, 2016 09:33:30 am
      Ah , so i am posting about the topic , when another poster starts getting personal towards me with veiled threats about what i've got coming to me and making sinister accusations about other poster s , who have the temerity to agree with some of my points. I reply asking him to stay on topic.
      response?---- A Mod comes on , insults me and says " stop the bitching"   then deletes my next post that was about the Topic.
      And this is an open forum renowned for fair and impartial debate?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkXNSNI3B7c
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #4481: Jul 29, 2016 10:12:34 am
      Huge season ahead for Jordan, he really has to make a definitive statement through his football that he actually is good enough for Liverpool.
      I believe he will.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #4482: Jul 29, 2016 10:13:03 am
      Just read over the last 20 or so posts on this thread and I'd just like to weigh in with my opinion on the matter...

Henderson is sh*te.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #4483: Jul 29, 2016 10:51:12 am
      My opinion on the matter is that Henderson is a good player, but he plays in a position where our rivals for honours have better players than him. It's quite possible that we haven't seen the best of him for quite a while though as he's had a debilitating injury, and I'd be reluctant to bin him off until a) we have somebody better (which currently we don't) and b) he's fit again.

I don't think he got anywhere near the credit he deserved for playing through his injury last season, and he deserves more respect than he gets on this forum.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #4484: Jul 29, 2016 11:12:44 am
      My opinion on the matter is that Henderson is a good player, but he plays in a position where our rivals for honours have better players than him. It's quite possible that we haven't seen the best of him for quite a while though as he's had a debilitating injury, and I'd be reluctant to bin him off until a) we have somebody better (which currently we don't) and b) he's fit again.

I don't think he got anywhere near the credit he deserved for playing through his injury last season, and he deserves more respect than he gets on this forum.

Players get respect by earning it. Henderson doesn't command respect.

He is a piss poor captain, you can't think he inspires any players around him? The only thing he excels at is passing sideways and putting gel in his hair.

He's a utility player that shouldn't be anywhere near the first eleven.

Just because he squared up to Diego Costa once people think he's Chuck Norris.

Quick Reply