Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 748909 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4945: Jan 13, 2017 09:11:31 pm
      We are a significantly better team with him in.

Was true in 2013-14 and even more true now given we lack a once in a generation genius like "Crazy Luis".

How does that proverb go......?

"There's none so blind as those who will not see"

littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4946: Jan 13, 2017 09:20:10 pm
      That's very insightful Baz , i take it your not one of life's great thinkers? Just a potty mouth?
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4947: Jan 13, 2017 09:22:54 pm
      You  not only have a littleface, but also a littlebrain. 

I've been one of the more critical of Jordan for a long time, but his contribution to the team is vastly underrated,  even I can see and say that.
      I think you get athletic ability and football ability mixed up and your obviously easily pleased , even i can see and say that.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4948: Jan 13, 2017 09:27:48 pm
      Apart from Kante, name me a better player in the DM role that can play as intensely, press as intelligently and as fit as Hendo in world football? A player that can do that for 90 mins, week in, week out... name me a few in fact, I am curious.
      Eric Dier
      Xabi Alonso
      De Rossi
      Matic
      Busquets
      It's not all about running around Monkey , class players read the game . Henderson is average header of ball
      Average passer of ball
      Poor striker of a football
      Average tackler
      Excellent engine
      = Average Footballer
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4949: Jan 13, 2017 09:29:23 pm
      You are hellbent on being the class clown aren't you
      Yes but you're in my way.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4950: Jan 13, 2017 09:37:05 pm
      No one takes you seriously so just keep your ill informed opinion to yourself you force 12 thundercunt of a troll.
      Are people always telling you they take you seriously ? Is that how you know? Let me guess , Henderson is your favourite player ?  So you've decided to stamp your feet instead of adding anything of consequence .

" Thundercunt " ?  Is that where you came from ?
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4951: Jan 13, 2017 09:40:21 pm

How does that proverb go......?

"There's none so blind as those who will not see"

Oh i thought you were going to say .....
      " Up the bum , never a mum "
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4952: Jan 13, 2017 09:51:52 pm
      I wasn't a fan of Henderson but it's hard to argue with the following:

- We are sitting 2nd top of the league and in a cup semi final and he has been playing within that midfield three all season.
      - were sitting 2nd top of the league and in a cup semi final and he has been the skipper all season
      - He has played more passes than any player in the league this season
      - I believe he has more touches than any other player too

We can't be doing it all despite him. He has been excellent. The big difference between Henderson and Can is that Hendo moves the ball far more quickly, yes he often keeps it simple (so did Xabi Alonso) but he often plays on one or two touches and has a very positive effect on the tempo of our passing game. I've been very critical of the lad but I'm delighted to have be proven wrong, he is having a fine season and deserves the plaudits he has been getting.

For me, It's not the passing % or his passing from deep that impresses me. As you saw (vs Southampton) and seen over the years, Lucas' distribution is better from deep, but it's not necessary what the team needs.

What makes Hendo a step above everyone else in that position for us is his intelligence to know when to join up with others and press, and with his high fitness, he is able to do it more frequently and intensely (throughout 90 mins) than other DM's, which in return, helps us win the ball quicker.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4953: Jan 13, 2017 09:53:47 pm
      Eric Dier
      Xabi Alonso
      De Rossi
      Matic
      Busquets
      It's not all about running around Monkey , class players read the game . Henderson is average header of ball
      Average passer of ball
      Poor striker of a football
      Average tackler
      Excellent engine
      = Average Footballer

I agree, Hendo isn't particular gifted in passing, nor is he a good header of the ball, but his athleticism and natural instinctive pressing makes him unique and a much needed player in the DM role for us, and I find he reads the game well, improving every single game.

Eric Dier could probably do a job for us, but not as good as Hendo imo. As for the other players you named, I think they will get the same sh*t that Lucas gets when we lose  (too slow, no legs, lost it etc). Why? because we play a high pressing game and to function properly, we need every player able to play at a high intense level, we are also susceptible to counter attacks.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4954: Jan 13, 2017 10:36:52 pm

Yeah he's well sh*t at striking the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kSURbfaX-c
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4955: Jan 14, 2017 01:16:48 am
      What about the all the one's that sail away , over the top , scuffed and half hearted?
      Jesus , even Vinnie Jones scored a few screamers , are we gona watch them and decide he was a gifted footballer?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4956: Jan 14, 2017 01:22:50 am
      What about the all the one's that sail away , over the top , scuffed and half hearted?
      Jesus , even Vinnie Jones scored a few screamers , are we gona watch them and decide he was a gifted footballer?

Coutinho, Ste Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Iniesta, Suarez, Ronaldo etc have all missed their fair share of shots, sending them blazing away from the goal. Henderson has proven he is more than capable being a damn good striker of the ball. Ultimately his job isn't to go out there and get all the goals, so when he chips in with one it's a bonus and just because he has hit a load off target or Vinnie Jones has scored the odd screamer doesn't take anything away from the lads ability. Henderson has scored quite a few belters, too many for it to just be the odd fluke here and there.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #4957: Jan 14, 2017 08:02:10 am
      Must admit I don't think Henderson is a particularly good striker of a ball and prefer to see him pass the ball rather than take on the shot. Monkey makes some good observations about his ability to read the game and know when to press, he appears to be very comfortable now in Jurgens set up. It's also important not to underestimate the importance of his athletic ability because the way we throw bodies forward in attack, it means we need a player who can get back in quickly. Would a player like Matic or Busquets look exposed in Klopps system? Absolutely. But I believe henderson's passing has improved considerably, we lead the league in time of possession, in number passes, in shots, in shots on target and in goals scored. We're a team that plays with a certain rithym and tempo. Henderson is a VERY big part of that this season, I didn't think he could be that type of player ie. a metronomic passer who makes a team tick but has. Watch the games, he isn't the player who assists all the goals BUT most of what we do goes through him. I've been really impressed.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4958: Jan 14, 2017 11:54:02 am
      Imo he's our best midfielder right now, above Can, Gini, Lucas.... and Milner ;)
      Bound to miss him when out.  He's not SG, but he has other qualities. And he is the captain, so someone thinks he has leadership ability.
      He is a good striker of the ball, and has more goals in him, but his role is more deep lying, sure he turns up between the CBs a lot.
      We've probably missed him being out more than anyone (bad luck to be plagued with wierd niggly ongoing feet problems)
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4959: Jan 14, 2017 12:00:46 pm
      Coutinho, Ste Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Iniesta, Suarez, Ronaldo etc have all missed their fair share of shots, sending them blazing away from the goal. Henderson has proven he is more than capable being a damn good striker of the ball. Ultimately his job isn't to go out there and get all the goals, so when he chips in with one it's a bonus and just because he has hit a load off target or Vinnie Jones has scored the odd screamer doesn't take anything away from the lads ability. Henderson has scored quite a few belters, too many for it to just be the odd fluke here and there.

I'm pretty sure he's scored 3 superb goals ( Chelsea and City twice ) in  what 6 yrs ? He has trouble striking the ball , his body seems to be unable to adjust . I've seen it countless times.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4960: Jan 14, 2017 12:17:23 pm
      Must admit I don't think Henderson is a particularly good striker of a ball and prefer to see him pass the ball rather than take on the shot. Monkey makes some good observations about his ability to read the game and know when to press, he appears to be very comfortable now in Jurgens set up. It's also important not to underestimate the importance of his athletic ability because the way we throw bodies forward in attack, it means we need a player who can get back in quickly. Would a player like Matic or Busquets look exposed in Klopps system? Absolutely. But I believe henderson's passing has improved considerably, we lead the league in time of possession, in number passes, in shots, in shots on target and in goals scored. We're a team that plays with a certain rithym and tempo. Henderson is a VERY big part of that this season, I didn't think he could be that type of player ie. a metronomic passer who makes a team tick but has. Watch the games, he isn't the player who assists all the goals BUT most of what we do goes through him. I've been really impressed.

I don't think Matic or Busquets would struggle under Klopps system. They are class players and their Football ability would make it easy for them ( Busquets plays a pressing game at Barca )  That's why Henderson's athletic ability cloaks the flaws in his game to many.

Gundogan at Dortmund was not all about covering ground , they played a pressing game yet he could control a midfield and protect the back four. You see i'm struggling to think of a team that has a great DM  that concedes a lot of goals , can you? Yet we supposedly have a superb DM  but the goals just seem to keep going in.

Also , CAN plays in our system  ( poorly IMO ) and how slow is he? Klopp keeps picking him though.

I don't get posters like Frankly Mrs Shankly getting all wet & bothered about someone not rating a player she clearly loves . Ah well.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,262 posts | 2857 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4961: Jan 14, 2017 12:50:42 pm
      He's an average player and always will be.
      If he starts on sunday let's see the huge impact he makes.

You know, you are totally right, 100%.

Look at the impact he had over our last 3 opponents, squat. 2 draws and a defeat against very poor teams. Oh wait.... He didn't play in those, in fact the last game he played in, we won, against City.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4962: Jan 14, 2017 01:08:42 pm
      Why are people feeding the troll?

He pops up once in a while, stirs the sh*t, then fucks off again, presumably with a big smile on his face at a job well done.

Don't give him the satisfaction.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #4963: Jan 14, 2017 01:20:31 pm
      He's an average player and always will be.
      If he starts on sunday let's see the huge impact he makes.

You know when Rodgers was our manager & the fact to which you admitted to by coming on this forum to turn as many people against Rodgers so we can appoint the man currently in the hot seat, Klopp.

Well that man Klopp seems to pick & love not just Hendo but other players which you believe are not good enough...

What do you see that Klopp can't?, granted Klopp has had his glasses smashed on a couple of occasions..

For someone once dismissed by Sir Alex Ferguson as a player who couldnā€™t run , Jordan Henderson has been doing a lot of it this season.

Henderson is the Premier Leagueā€™s most important midfielder, the man who has completed most passes and run the greatest distance in the division... while proving himself most valuable to his team.

That is why his Liverpool boss JĆ¼rgen Klopp openly admits ā€œI love his attitudeā€, and also concedes that his team may have relied too much on their skipper this season ā€” a fact perhaps proven as they failed to win either of their last two matches, away to Sunderland in the league and at Southampton in the EFL Cup, when he was missing.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-klopp-loves-skipper-henderson-9618164

littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4964: Jan 14, 2017 03:10:02 pm
      You know, you are totally right, 100%.

Look at the impact he had over our last 3 opponents, squat. 2 draws and a defeat against very poor teams. Oh wait.... He didn't play in those, in fact the last game he played in, we won, against City.

Did he play in our two league defeats this season? Oh wait ....
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4965: Jan 14, 2017 03:23:55 pm
      You know when Rodgers was our manager & the fact to which you admitted to by coming on this forum to turn as many people against Rodgers so we can appoint the man currently in the hot seat, Klopp.

Well that man Klopp seems to pick & love not just Hendo but other players which you believe are not good enough...

What do you see that Klopp can't?, granted Klopp has had his glasses smashed on a couple of occasions..

For someone once dismissed by Sir Alex Ferguson as a player who couldnā€™t run , Jordan Henderson has been doing a lot of it this season.

Henderson is the Premier Leagueā€™s most important midfielder, the man who has completed most passes and run the greatest distance in the division... while proving himself most valuable to his team.

That is why his Liverpool boss JĆ¼rgen Klopp openly admits ā€œI love his attitudeā€, and also concedes that his team may have relied too much on their skipper this season ā€” a fact perhaps proven as they failed to win either of their last two matches, away to Sunderland in the league and at Southampton in the EFL Cup, when he was missing.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-klopp-loves-skipper-henderson-9618164

I make my own judgements in on players by what i see . I don't form my opinions on a player because of a nameless quote from The Daily Mirror tells me Henderson is the Premier leagues most important midfielder.

Henderson simply does not have the quality to take us on to greater heights. Klopp praise's him but he praise's Karius ; Mignolet, Origi , Can and Lucas , none of which i rate.

I tell you what , when we start winning trophies and Henderson has been crucial to winning said trophies , you can pass me a big slice of humble pie with a turd on top and i will wolf it down.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4966: Jan 14, 2017 03:35:05 pm
      Why are people feeding the troll?

He pops up once in a while, stirs the sh*t, then fucks off again, presumably with a big smile on his face at a job well done.

Don't give him the satisfaction.

Oh Swabber , you've got a hard on for me havn't you?  Just couldn't help yerself could you? Just why are you so clingy & needy?

You don't need to be so insecure , i've read loads of your posts and while the're mainly boring , obvious drivel , your grammar is outstanding.
      By the way , i always have a smile on my face.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,262 posts | 2857 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4967: Jan 14, 2017 03:39:08 pm
      Did he play in our two league defeats this season? Oh wait ....

TWO!

Quick Reply