Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 732487 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #5014: Jan 23, 2017 03:44:05 pm
      Jordan Henderson’s heel problem is not of undue concern to Jürgen Klopp, who insists his captain is able to play through the discomfort it is causing him.

Liverpool skipper Henderson missed three games at the start of January after being forced off during the Reds’ 1-0 victory over Manchester City on New Year’s Eve.

He returned to Klopp’s starting line-up for the trip to Manchester United eight days ago, completing 90 minutes at Old Trafford before doing the same when Swansea City visited Anfield on Saturday.

Henderson struggled with an injury to his other heel last season and Klopp was asked this afternoon whether the midfielder’s current issue needs to be managed in the same way.

“It’s different, it’s similar but still different. We know much more from last year about it,” the boss said.

“We don’t train a lot in this period between the games so instead of running one day, when the players who have played 90 minutes are running for recovery, he’s on the bike - that’s maybe the only difference with what we do with him.

“The rest is how I said - you don’t use the phrase ‘bite on his teeth’ [grit his teeth]? You know what it means, it’s not the moment to feel nothing, he always feels a little bit, but he can cope with it.”

Klopp also confirmed that the problem was not hindering Henderson in the second half against Swansea.

“It was not his heel, he got a knock,” the manager explained.

On whether he has any fresh injury concerns heading into Wednesday’s EFL Cup semi-final second leg with Southampton, the boss simply replied: “No.”

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/251563-JĂźrgen-klopp-s-update-on-jordan-henderson-s-fitness
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #5015: Jan 31, 2017 09:54:23 pm
      Where's that f**king tw*t federer eh?

By far the best player tonight, didn't deserve to merely draw or his tireless displays and scooping up the mistakes from the fuckwitted attitudes of his team mates. Sadly, the same can't be said about his incompetent brainless team mates who just aren't at the races.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #5016: Jan 31, 2017 09:57:06 pm
      Where's that f**king tw*t federer eh?

By far the best player tonight, didn't deserve to merely draw.

You cannot be serious.

Overall he was ok at best.  Not the worst player on the pitch by any means but you make it seem like he totally controlled and bossed the game.

Oh and then there's the small matter of the fact that he ducked out of the way on the one goal they scored.  You're telling me that the captain of Liverpool football club can't be expected to stand up strong in the wall?  He doesn't suck his head, that ball doesn't get past the wall.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #5017: Jan 31, 2017 10:22:55 pm

Not the worst player on the pitch by any means

Yes I also agree he was the best player on the pitch.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 837 
      Reply #5018: Jan 31, 2017 10:23:26 pm
      credit where credit is due

was our best midfielder tonight
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #5019: Jan 31, 2017 10:24:30 pm
      You cannot be serious.

Overall he was ok at best.  Not the worst player on the pitch by any means but you make it seem like he totally controlled and bossed the game.

Oh and then there's the small matter of the fact that he ducked out of the way on the one goal they scored.  You're telling me that the captain of Liverpool football club can't be expected to stand up strong in the wall?  He doesn't suck his head, that ball doesn't get past the wall.

Aw piss off fed you total spoon. You've made it absolutely clear you're a closet Rent Boys fan, no wonder you're willing to criticise our best player tonight. You're pathetic one man crusade against Henderson thankfully is just being laughed at, especially this season where you can't swallow your own pride and admit you were wrong about him. Every Liverpool fan is of high praise for him, as are the media. Nobody gives a sh*t what you think about Hendo federer so just cut it out.

Captain and worthy captain. Gini did fine also, but aside from that, they did not deserve a mere draw - many of the others like Can and Firmino most definitely did not deserve anything from tonight,
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 822 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5020: Jan 31, 2017 10:30:40 pm
      Jordan, Jordan, Jordan. Or should i say Lucas 2.0, got to say he doesn't always look like his turned it around but sometimes i think that is because of the players around him.

Tonight, he was immense and part of that i thought was because of Gini and the performance he had, they seem to me to work together in keeping possession of the ball and then its up to Hendo to distribute it, I think babying Emre is what holds the duo back.

If we can work out a way to have Henderson most comfortable in his play, we as a team will excel because tonight he was great, distributed the ball short, long and with ease, his decision to whip in a early cross for the goal was great and not the first time his pulled it off. Plus, his last ditch challenge to stop Chelsea getting another was reminiscent of Gerrard.

Hopefully, Hendo can put the heel injury behind him and push on now and show us more consistently what he can do when in form.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5021: Jan 31, 2017 10:42:17 pm

I actually agree to an extent that a player in the position that Hendo plays and with the amount of possession we had, he should have bossed it when on the ball, but Hendo isn't that type of player, seriously, how often have we seen him take command and dictate in midfield when on the ball like an Alonso, Gerrard, Xavi, Busquets... or even Lucas ffs?

Anyway, despite a couple of flimsy tackles (one that could have cost us at the end), his defensive work overall was very good and probably the reason why he was MOTM for me, oh, and a nice pass out to Milner.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5022: Jan 31, 2017 10:45:19 pm
      Superb - even filled in for Lovren when he decided the Croat was not up to it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #5023: Feb 11, 2017 09:25:12 pm
      Did the badge proud and armband justice again today.

Superb.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6738 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5024: Feb 11, 2017 11:03:53 pm
      Brilliant performance from the Captain.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #5025: Feb 12, 2017 08:06:13 am
      Two words,absolutely immense.
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #5026: Feb 12, 2017 11:47:24 pm
      Apparently he called a players only meeting that Koop didn't know about to straighten things out with the team and attempt to get back on track. That's a captain
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #5027: Feb 14, 2017 09:38:39 pm
      F**k off jordan Henderson talking about how the team let everyone down we all know you did. Fed up of us being wise after the event to have gone out of 3 competitions in the same number of weeks is a f***in disgrace
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5028: Feb 14, 2017 09:44:54 pm
      F**k off jordan Henderson talking about how the team let everyone down we all know you did. Fed up of us being wise after the event to have gone out of 3 competitions in the same number of weeks is a f***in disgrace

Please take your own advice you monumental bollocksmith.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #5029: Feb 14, 2017 09:48:14 pm
      Please take your own advice you monumental bollocksmith.

Thank you kindly. What's a bollocksmith? A colloquial inbread term the locals use that you think passes as a put down?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5030: Feb 14, 2017 09:53:59 pm
      Thank you kindly. What's a bollocksmith? A colloquial inbread term the locals use that you think passes as a put down?

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #5031: Feb 14, 2017 09:54:57 pm

Inbread? 
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #5032: Feb 14, 2017 09:55:56 pm

You got me there.

Again though bollocksmith?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #5033: Feb 14, 2017 09:58:02 pm

I thought that's how you spelled it well seen you 2 jumped it, a term one is familiar with?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #5034: Feb 14, 2017 10:20:55 pm

You got me there.

Again though bollocksmith?

I think in the U.S. here it would be similar to an asswipe, but I can't be certain.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #5035: Feb 14, 2017 10:34:25 pm
      I think in the U.S. here it would be similar to an asswipe, but I can't be certain.

Bollocksmith seriously I think someone is talking bollocksmith.

Bollocksmith seriously I think someone is talking Bollocksmith

Yeah you are Alfie you big munter.................. beat you to it

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5036: Feb 14, 2017 11:03:04 pm

I don't think he's shying away from blame. He's said it's the teams fault which includes him. He's 100% correct. If you think it's his fault entirely you are deluded.

Great idea to hold the meeting, we won the next game after. Good interview addressing things after. Nothing wrong here in my eyes.

Quick Reply