Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 731357 times
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 487 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #5106: Apr 23, 2017 08:26:36 am
      Has now missed 43 games in the last 2 seasons through injury.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #5107: Apr 23, 2017 01:08:50 pm

Greatest ability is availability and he's proving to be very unreliable in the health category.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 487 
      Reply #5108: Apr 23, 2017 01:48:28 pm
      Greatest ability is availability and he's proving to be very unreliable in the health category.
      Correct. Seems like the upper number will only increase this season. If that seems to be the case next season too, then Klopp must do something about this situation.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5109: Apr 23, 2017 01:54:43 pm
      Correct. Seems like the upper number will only increase this season. If that seems to be the case next season too, then Klopp must do something about this situation.

It's crazy how the table has turned so quick, was once our most reliable player.

I hope a long summer break can fix him up going into next season, he's a player in his peak and should be playing week in, week out. We need our captain back!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5110: May 07, 2017 10:34:13 am
      I wonder if Ferguson's concern with Henderson's running gait is coming to fruition?

Last season he only managed 17 league games, this season he's been injured again.

Not turning out to be that reliable.

In fact, Henderson, Lovren (to a lesser extent), and of course Sturridge aren't that reliable are they.

Would have been back quicker from a broken leg!
      Looks like his injury has become a chronic issue which would mean he can't be relied upon in the future.

Klopp thinks he might be out for the season - another Sturridge lite in the making.

I think we need to accept the situation and when he is fit look to ship out.

I'm no medical expert but we cant carry passengers in the squad.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #5111: May 07, 2017 12:01:36 pm
      Injury prone or not, we do miss his presence when he's not available.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5112: May 07, 2017 08:45:38 pm

I don't think we have missed him, especially since Lucas has been playing regularly in the DM role.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #5113: May 07, 2017 08:54:44 pm

We have missed him you are right especially against the bus parking teams.

Despite what his haters say he is the only one of our midfielders who can pick out a pass and break the lines, not elite level but considerably better than any of our other midfielders, no great surprise to see Coutinho and Firmino continually drop deep to pick up the ball from our pedestrian midfielders.

Also his mobility allows the other two midfielders to play further up the pitch.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5114: May 07, 2017 09:26:07 pm
      We have missed him you are right especially against the bus parking teams.

Despite what his haters say he is the only one of our midfielders who can pick out a pass and break the lines, not elite level but considerably better than any of our other midfielders, no great surprise to see Coutinho and Firmino continually drop deep to pick up the ball from our pedestrian midfielders.

Also his mobility allows the other two midfielders to play further up the pitch.

I'm sorry, I know you are not a Lucas fan, but he has been doing a great job in the DM role, far better than Hendo imo, and I am a huge fan of Hendo!

We have not missed his ability to pick out a pass and break the lines because he rarely did such things, have you not forgotten how safe and frustrating Hendo's passing was? Even vs park the bus teams with  Mane and/or Lallana in the team.

The only player we have really missed is Mane, he would have made a difference vs the teams we drew or lost to.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #5115: May 07, 2017 09:26:14 pm
      I don't think we have missed him, especially since Lucas has been playing regularly in the DM role.

We have missed him.

It amazes me that people think we don't miss him then all of a sudden when he's back fit and were playing well people wonder why our form has improved.
      « Last Edit: May 07, 2017 10:09:29 pm by srslfc »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #5116: May 07, 2017 09:31:11 pm
      I'm sorry, I know you are not a Lucas fan, but he has been doing a great job in the DM role, far better than Hendo imo, and I am a huge fan of Hendo!

We have not missed his ability to pick out a pass and break the lines because he rarely did such things, have you not forgotten how safe and frustrating Hendo's passing was? Even vs park the bus teams with  Mane and/or Lallana in the team.

The only player we have really missed is Mane, he would have made a difference vs the teams we drew or lost to.

That's a bit harsh mate Hendo plays a lot more key passes than Lucas ever will. He is also a lot better at converting defence to attack.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5117: May 07, 2017 09:45:04 pm
      We have missed him.

It amazed me that people think we don't miss him then all of a sudden when he'd back fit and were playing well people wonder why our form has improved.

Missed him in what aspect? We have lost vs park the bus teams with him in the team, even struggled to create from midfield in our wins with him in the team.

Nearly all of our good wins is because of Mane, having that player with speed and willingness to run beyond makes the biggest difference in our setup.

That's a bit harsh mate Hendo plays a lot more key passes than Lucas ever will. He is also a lot better at converting defence to attack.

I beg to differ. Re watch matches or find Lucas/Hendo vs videos, and you will find Lucas is a far better player at launching attacks as well as distributing the ball from deep.

Do you guys not remember the plethora of times we aimed negativity towards Can and Hendo in midfield because of the lack of control and creativity? How about how safe Hendo is with his passing from deep?

Like i said before, I doubt very much having Hendo in midfield would have made much of a difference in the games we lost or drawn, but Mane on the other hand...

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5118: May 07, 2017 09:45:28 pm

Could not agree more. If anyone wants to single out Lucas in today's, or recent games, in terms of creativity or passing they're a poor judge imo. Gini was a far bigger issue out there today and in my opinion Jürgen chose the wrong option in replacing Lucas but that could easily have been more down to his stamina than it was to do with the contribution he was getting on the pitch.

Today's game:

Passes

Wijnaldum 33
      Lucas 85
      Can 85

Wijanldum also had duck eggs for all the defensive contributions possible, a dire, dire display from the dutch man.

Also when people are saying we missed Hendo, how has our goals against gone since Lucas has been back in the 6 role? Much improved recently I'd say.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5119: May 07, 2017 09:49:13 pm
      Missed him in what aspect? We have lost vs park the bus teams with him in the team, even struggled to create from midfield in our wins with him in the team.

Nearly all of our good wins is because of Mane, having that player with speed and willingness to run beyond makes the biggest difference in our setup.

I beg to differ. Re watch matches or find Lucas/Hendo vs videos, and you will find Lucas is a far better player at launching attacks as well as distributing the ball from deep.

Do you guys not remember the plethora of times we aimed negativity towards Can and Hendo in midfield because of the lack of control and creativity? How about how safe Hendo is with his passing from deep?

Like i said before, I doubt very much having Hendo in midfield would have made much of a difference in the games we lost or drawn, but Mane on the other hand...

Absence makes the heart grow fonder mate, countless times I remember Hendo dithering around the centre circle playing 2 yard passes straight back to the CBs even when we're losing he continues in the same mould.

Amuses me when people try to attack Lucas' passing, he's one of the best in our side without a single question. If you've played the game and received a pass with a defender near you, every single time you'd want Lucas passing to you ahead of any of our CMs.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5120: May 07, 2017 09:53:46 pm
      Could not agree more. If anyone wants to single out Lucas in today's, or recent games, in terms of creativity or passing they're a poor judge imo. Gini was a far bigger issue out there today and in my opinion Jürgen chose the wrong option in replacing Lucas but that could easily have been more down to his stamina than it was to do with the contribution he was getting on the pitch.

Today's game:

Passes

Wijnaldum 33
      Lucas 85
      Can 85

Wijanldum also had duck eggs for all the defensive contributions possible, a dire, dire display from the dutch man.

Also when people are saying we missed Hendo, how has our goals against gone since Lucas has been back in the 6 role? Much improved recently I'd say.

If we got dominated in midfield , fair enough, I wouldn't be against what has been said, but we haven't hence the reason why we did not miss Hendo.

Yes, creativity sucks, but it was poor even with Hendo in the middle without Lallana. And lets not forget, we don't have a Mane in the team which makes all the difference for our midfielders.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5121: May 07, 2017 09:57:59 pm
      If we got dominated in midfield , fair enough, I wouldn't be against what has been said, but we haven't hence the reason why we did not miss Hendo.

Yes, creativity sucks, but it was poor even with Hendo in the middle without Lallana. And lets not forget, we don't have a Mane in the team which makes all the difference for our midfielders.

Totally agree PM, the loss of mane has not only taken away the only genuine devastating pace in the team (Origi is bloody quick but dunno why he doesn't use it more... :D ) it's also taken Firmino from the centre and the loss of his movement up top has hurt us far more than I think people have truly recognised.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #5122: May 07, 2017 10:05:59 pm
      Since the turn of the year we have picked up 27 pts from 17 games. That's pretty poor form.
      24 goals scored in those 17 games, the dynamism has gone from the team something he has in abundance.

Not saying it was all down to Hendo because Mane abscence has also contributed but irrespective of how low people rate him the facts are plain to see.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #5123: May 07, 2017 10:27:20 pm

In 2016/17 Premier League season

Henderson.                 Lucas
      Pass success           86%                     83%
      Key passes              1.3                        0.3   Per game
      Crosses                   0.7                         0     Per game
      Long balls                6.9                        2.6   Per game

In all facets of passing Henderson is superior to Lucas.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #5124: May 07, 2017 10:33:25 pm
      Anyone who thinks we aren't missing Hendo is a massive moron.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5125: May 07, 2017 11:01:44 pm
      That game last night was crying out for 2 players, Jordan and Sadio. Pretty sure they would have unlocked the bus parkers and we would have seen a totally different game and result.

Jordan rest that heel up and be back stronger next Season.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5126: May 08, 2017 12:14:46 am
      In 2016/17 Premier League season

Henderson.                 Lucas
      Pass success           86%                     83%
      Key passes              1.3                        0.3   Per game
      Crosses                   0.7                         0     Per game
      Long balls                6.9                        2.6   Per game

In all facets of passing Henderson is superior to Lucas.

Those stats do not show Hendo as the superior passer/distributor to Lucas. 

Does those stats show what other options were available? Was there a better short ball option than long? Is Lucas' pass success lower because he takes risks in launching attacks? How about key passes, what constitutes a key pass? when the receiving end connects with the ball to shoot? How about crosses, how many of those were considered key passes? (I think Hendo is one heck of a crosser btw and i dont count them as passes).
      How about the players Hendo has had in front of him in comparison to Lucas? (btw, I do think Hendo is more creative than Lucas :) , but who isn't? :p). What about assists, Lucas has 3 in far less minutes where as Hendo, 4 and double the minutes, what does that tell you?

Anyone who thinks we aren't missing Hendo is a massive moron.

Massive moron, how so? The 6 position hasn't been the problem since Lucas moved back in there, but do explain how he would have made the difference?

That game last night was crying out for 2 players, Jordan and Sadio. Pretty sure they would have unlocked the bus parkers and we would have seen a totally different game and result.

No, it was crying out for a Lallana, Sturridge and Mane, also, better full backs, not Hendo.

If you guys want to talk about missing a player, it's Mane, not Hendo. You all know that with Mane, we would have been fine and most likely secured top 4, where as Hendo would be 50/50 improvement over Lucas seeing as he has been so good in the #6.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017 12:24:33 am by PurpleMonkey »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #5127: Jul 10, 2017 12:47:37 pm
      Haters are gonna hate but for anyone interested in the truth...

Missing Henderson was a little more subtle. He does not torment defenders in the way Mane does; he cannot stretch the play or produce a moment of mayhem in the opposition box.

The midfielder, however, is the team’s best option in the no.6 role. He pushes his side higher up the pitch; he sets the tempo with his passing; his presence makes Liverpool feel far more relentless in the press. The claims he wasn’t missed, or is not worthy of a place in the starting line-up, are simply not true.

Liverpool scored more goals per game with him in the team, and conceded fewer, while the number of big chances were conceded against the opposition were lower in his presence. The side’s average number of passes in the final third – 144 – dropped considerably, to 132, when Henderson was missing.

The metric of ‘expected goals’ – what statisticians use to register the quality of a chance in front of goal, rather than simply recording it as an attempt – is also revealing. Over the 38 games, the opposition’s expected average (or, in statistic parlance, xG) was at 0.92 goals per game. With Henderson out the team, that rose to 1.12 goals per game, meaning Liverpool had a higher probability of conceding when he wasn’t in the line-up.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-henderson-mane-13306466
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #5128: Jul 10, 2017 12:58:41 pm
      Haters are gonna hate but for anyone interested in the truth...

Missing Henderson was a little more subtle. He does not torment defenders in the way Mane does; he cannot stretch the play or produce a moment of mayhem in the opposition box.

The midfielder, however, is the team’s best option in the no.6 role. He pushes his side higher up the pitch; he sets the tempo with his passing; his presence makes Liverpool feel far more relentless in the press. The claims he wasn’t missed, or is not worthy of a place in the starting line-up, are simply not true.

Liverpool scored more goals per game with him in the team, and conceded fewer, while the number of big chances were conceded against the opposition were lower in his presence. The side’s average number of passes in the final third – 144 – dropped considerably, to 132, when Henderson was missing.

The metric of ‘expected goals’ – what statisticians use to register the quality of a chance in front of goal, rather than simply recording it as an attempt – is also revealing. Over the 38 games, the opposition’s expected average (or, in statistic parlance, xG) was at 0.92 goals per game. With Henderson out the team, that rose to 1.12 goals per game, meaning Liverpool had a higher probability of conceding when he wasn’t in the line-up.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-henderson-mane-13306466

No surprise mate Hendo is a quality player.

Look forward to see our captain lead us out again.

Quick Reply