Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720200 times
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #5221: Sep 23, 2017 07:40:27 pm
      Thought he was the pick of our midfielders today, got thro a LOT of work, tackles in, and scored the winner.
      Well done today Jordan! :)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5222: Sep 23, 2017 09:01:53 pm
      Played a real Captains role today, well done Jordan, credit where it's due, people are always quick to cricitise but slow to praise and  I thought he really deserved the credit today, onwards and upwards and keep it going lad.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5223: Sep 23, 2017 09:04:40 pm
      Stood head and shoulders above his fellow midfielders. Wanted to do something about the result today and did. Not much more you can ask from the captain.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5224: Sep 23, 2017 09:09:21 pm
      Played a real Captains role today, well done Jordan, credit where it's due, people are always quick to cricitise but slow to praise and  I thought he really deserved the credit today, onwards and upwards and keep it going lad.

Yep, another top performance today by Jordan. As FMS says he stood out a mile among all the midfielders today and deserves all the praise heading his way. Capped the game with a deserved and winning goal.

Well in Hendo.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5225: Sep 23, 2017 09:17:01 pm
      Yep, another top performance today by Jordan. As FMS says he stood out a mile among all the midfielders today and deserves all the praise heading his way. Capped the game with a deserved and winning goal.

Well in Hendo.

So much of his best work comes from high up the pitch where he is assisting or pressing as shown again today. Thought his distribution from deep was inconsistent today but I think overall, he had a decent game.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5226: Sep 24, 2017 01:03:28 am
      Nice to have him back on the scoresheet. Been a while. Now keep that momentum going, Jordan!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #5227: Sep 24, 2017 11:45:36 pm
      Nice to have him back on the scoresheet. Been a while. Now keep that momentum going, Jordan!

What we need from Jordan is consistentcy. He's a good player who seems to have grown as a leader. However, he has got to continue to play the way he did today and games like the Aresenal match. He doesn't have to score to make his presence known. Just pass the ball with accuracy, whip in crosses to create chances, and defend. If he does that close to what he is capable of we will be fine.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5228: Sep 26, 2017 10:01:18 pm
      Whatever diet he's on right now he better stick to it, the best 3 performances back-to-back I've seen him play. Really impressed today and stood out a country mile as the best midfielder on show. Well played Hendo.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5229: Sep 26, 2017 10:15:15 pm
      Whatever diet he's on right now he better stick to it, the best 3 performances back-to-back I've seen him play. Really impressed today and stood out a country mile as the best midfielder on show. Well played Hendo.

Agreed.

Really kicked on the last few games. Really hoping he keeps fit, as last few times he's kicked into this gear some kind of injury strikes him.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #5230: Sep 26, 2017 11:02:08 pm
      Shout out to this fella. Playing like a true captain at the moment - bossing the midfield, at the ref's ears all the time.

Was fantastic tonight, helping the defence as well playing some key passes in the attack.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5231: Sep 26, 2017 11:09:41 pm
      Take it easy boys lets play a proper team and let's see.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5232: Sep 27, 2017 07:24:43 am
      Take it easy boys lets play a proper team and let's see.

So telling when some fans say 'take it easy' when you're praising a players. Sorry to sway from the norm of saying everyone is sh*t.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #5233: Sep 27, 2017 02:30:37 pm
      Shout out to this fella. Playing like a true captain at the moment - bossing the midfield, at the ref's ears all the time.

Was fantastic tonight, helping the defence as well playing some key passes in the attack.

Dido, back to back strong games for him. As a supporter I am pleased with his play the last week. As a human being I'm really happy for this guy. He deserves better. A lot of the flak he gets is somewhat justified, he isn't exactly setting the world on fire with his play this season. The rest of it comes from stupid people who just feel the need to pull people down and spew negativity. Keep it up Hendo.

P.S: That pass to Studg was straight hot fire.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5234: Oct 01, 2017 09:11:07 pm
      The midfield combo of Hendo and Gini how grim.

Gini who hides to absolve any responsibility and Henderson who can't even pass to our right hand side because he can only use his instep to pass.

Wouldn't mind they're lack of creativity but both are extremely suspect defensively.

Klopp loves trying being the Maverick but it's starting to look like round pegs in square holes.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5235: Oct 01, 2017 09:19:47 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5236: Oct 01, 2017 09:23:27 pm
      The midfield combo of Hendo and Gini how grim.

Gini who hides to absolve any responsibility and Henderson who can't even pass to our right hand side because he can only use his instep to pass.

Wouldn't mind they're lack of creativity but both are extremely suspect defensively.

Klopp loves trying being the Maverick but it's starting to look like round pegs in square holes.

I think Hendo was decent defensively today, few wtf moments, but I didn't feel Newcastle were good enough to put our midfield under much pressure, but what frustrated me more was the distribution from him.

Watch Napoli vs Cagliari, and you will see a proper #6 in action. There is a reason why Napoli are one of the best possession based teams in Europe, and it all stems from their #6 (A Rafa signing btw :D)
      « Last Edit: Oct 01, 2017 09:28:04 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5237: Oct 01, 2017 09:24:08 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5238: Oct 01, 2017 09:59:43 pm
      Jordan is fairly tidy, pretty technical and doesn't usually shy away from a challenge. Maybe its unfair to pick on him for his backward distribution but it certainly sticks out like a sort thumb to me. I spend more time yelling "Pass it forward" when he's got the ball than just about anything else I yell at the TV during our games. So frustrating sometimes.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #5239: Oct 01, 2017 11:42:56 pm
      He sh*t wish sold him years ago all he does run around lot
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #5240: Oct 01, 2017 11:44:09 pm
      Sick watch great club so many poor players has club come these can not buy better players out their then Jordon Henderson and even can
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #5241: Oct 02, 2017 08:56:09 pm
      Jordan is fairly tidy, pretty technical and doesn't usually shy away from a challenge. Maybe its unfair to pick on him for his backward distribution but it certainly sticks out like a sort thumb to me. I spend more time yelling "Pass it forward" when he's got the ball than just about anything else I yell at the TV during our games. So frustrating sometimes.

Yep fully agree, winds me up even more when he goes between the centre backs and does sweet fa with the ball apart from pass it to one of them, might as well play 3 at the back, ffs he should be like a quarterback pinging balls & picking out players, alas he's not good enough
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5242: Oct 02, 2017 11:02:49 pm

The english Joe Allen.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #5243: Oct 02, 2017 11:05:31 pm

Does our glorious captain raise chickens as well?

Quick Reply