Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720246 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Henderson gets extended 5 year contract
      Reply #5635: Sep 04, 2018 11:32:20 am
      But but but that's only because he didn't have a preseason and as opposed to all his English team mates without a proper preseason he is sh*t and is deliberately meant to be eased in so that he doesn't burn out in December or some such drivel.

Bottom line he is a valuable member of the squad but he is a long way form being our most important midfielder these days, especially when we finally get Fabinho up to speed.
      His problems in the last game seemed more mental than physical. Klopp pulled him off before 70 minutes, which is unusual for Klopp. I think Klopp realized he made a mistake to bring him in before the international break. I understand he wants the captain in the side, which is why I don't rate Henderson to be captain. I agree he is a valuable squad member,  but very overrated by a lot of our fans. I'm not entirely sure what's going on with Fabinho, but just like we saw with Robertson... He was an absolutely brilliant player being overlooked whilst we were force fed Moreno. I'd like to see what Fabinho has.

As for captain it should be VVD or Mane. I used to say Milner, but just like Hendo... He should be fighting for a place amongst our contested midfield.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #5636: Sep 04, 2018 11:46:14 am
      How do you attribute Van Dijk's and Alisson's errors to Henderson?
      A very tenuous observation that screams agenda.

It's actually pretty funny. The extent to which some will go to try to fit an agenda.

To make matters worse, Alisson was actually about to boot the ball up field, but if you check the replay he looks to Henderson, who then shakes his head and signals for Alisson to play the ball, so instead Alisson ended up trying to do a Cruyff turn, and gets tackled. The whole thing was Henderson's fault..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #5637: Sep 04, 2018 11:58:25 am
      It's actually pretty funny. The extent to which some will go to try to fit an agenda.

To make matters worse, Alisson was actually about to boot the ball up field, but if you check the replay he looks to Henderson, who then shakes his head and signals for Alisson to play the ball, so instead Alisson ended up trying to do a Cruyff turn, and gets tackled. The whole thing was Henderson's fault..

So Henderson is the Mystic Meg of the team?  Leave itI out.
      Read the thread title again, the manager is a Buffon according to you.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5638: Sep 04, 2018 12:29:32 pm
      Just whatā€™s needed another Henderson thread!

There is already a player thread.

... and the  link is here: Jordan Henderson Player Thread

If you want to talk about the midfield, and how it is set up, the thread is here: Improving Midfield - how will it set up?

On topic please.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #5639: Sep 04, 2018 12:30:35 pm
      So Henderson is the Mystic Meg of the team?  Leave itI out.
      Read the thread title again, the manager is a Buffon according to you.

;D

Come on mate, I made that up. Thought it obvious enough, but was intended sarcasm.   :laugh:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5640: Sep 04, 2018 01:15:13 pm
      Fully deserved.

Not sure I can see myself calling him "The General" though ;)
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #5641: Sep 04, 2018 01:43:37 pm
      Ribapuru, i admire your tenacity in your desire to rid Henderson from the side, it aligns with my desire to have Lovren removed from the Club. What can back up your claims to have him removed from the side are facts or statements that are objective and not subjective. I can back up my opinion of Lovren based on facts, you seem unable to do that when it comes to Henderson.

There is no need to drag this appreciation thread into the gutter with subjective opinions. As previously pointed out, there is a player thread or midfield thread designated for this purpose. This thread is not the place to do it.

Regardless of what you thought the reason was for that goal we conceded against Leicester it was clearly the fault of Alisson and nobody else. Even Klopp has said so, nothing to see here, move on.

Knock or slate Henderson all you want, it is your right to do so as a supporter of Liverpool Football Club, i'll happily debate with you in the relevant threads at length if you so require? Always remember that you cannot argue against facts. There is your truth and then there is the truth.

Please retain any negative vibes for the relevant threads that currently exist within the forum for these very purposes. There are plenty of excellent posters that will happily debate with you without resorting to insults. Debating with opinion is never ending, debating with facts can kill an argument or debate dead.
      « Last Edit: Sep 04, 2018 08:40:23 pm by hardcoresoldier »
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #5642: Sep 04, 2018 01:47:29 pm
      Well done Jordan, not the most technically gifted player in the Squad but one of the hardest workers. Dalglish, Rodgers, Klopp and Southgate seem to rate him so that will do for me.

Keep up the good work.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #5643: Sep 04, 2018 04:39:45 pm
      .....the ball is knocked to him in our half and he takes a touch or two and passes it still in our half...thats basically all he does, or is that a little unfair?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #5644: Sep 04, 2018 04:51:23 pm
      ;D

Come on mate, I made that up. Thought it obvious enough, but was intended sarcasm.   :laugh:

Early morning perception or the lack of it, obviously sarcastic on re-reading your comment.No offence mate.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5645: Sep 04, 2018 08:04:19 pm
      .....the ball is knocked to him in our half and he takes a touch or two and passes it still in our half...thats basically all he does, or is that a little unfair?

Yes it is.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #5646: Sep 04, 2018 10:23:26 pm
      His heart is in the right place and most important he only wants what is best for our club.While I have not always been a fan of his I have never doubted the effort he puts in when he plays for us.

Agree with this Billy, but I admit I have always questioned his footballing ability or footballing brain if you like.
      Boss clearly approves, but he has to produce more to convince me. Not that that matters one jot to anyone else.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5647: Sep 04, 2018 10:31:36 pm
      Great news!

Never had a player had to undergo such scrutiny for the smallest of reasons or in fact, completely fabricated reasons at times.

Well in skipper!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5648: Sep 04, 2018 10:34:41 pm

It's untrue and unfair.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #5649: Sep 04, 2018 10:53:57 pm

When was this?
      Most any player completes the same manoeuvre at any given time in a game, possibly even the goalkeeper, so what exactly is your point.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5650: Sep 05, 2018 03:55:49 pm
      Regardless of what you thought the reason was for that goal we conceded against Leicester it was clearly the fault of Alisson and nobody else. Even Klopp has said so, nothing to see here, move on.
      You are missing the point, it is not about if Henderson was at fault for the goal.. it is the point it is dangerous play and eventually will be punished for it. People are quick to point out when Allison gets away with doing something dangerous, but Henderson gets a free permit to do dangerous balls. Why is that? 3 dangerous passes in 1 game alone, he didn't even play the whole match! When he did that last season, eventually we were punished. Some members that are now backing him were members that swore and said comments I won't repeat, but to put it very politely they said he should return to Sunderland. I have never asked for that, I have just asked him to not be in our first 11 or captain. It seems a lot of people here just remember one game, some see what they want to see and others have a constant opinion. My opinion is constant. I don't really know where you get off saying you don't like Lovren, but you can say that because you are objective and not subjective. That might fool some people, but word wizardry won't mask over your hypocrisy here. I don't dislike Henderson either, even though his passes aren't always the best option and he is clumsy.. I do recognise he meets a minimum standard we can accept as a squad player and his attitude, although not very assertive is quite proffesional. I respect him as a squad player.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5651: Sep 05, 2018 04:40:19 pm
      If you wish to talk about Alisson: Alisson Becker Player Thread

If you wish to talk about things that went on in the Leicester game:  Leicester City 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Again, here is the Henderson player thread: Jordan Henderson Player Thread

.. and if you want to talk about the midfield, and how it is set up, the thread is here: Improving Midfield - how will it set up?

If you wish is discuss about Henderson's contract extension carry on IN THIS THREAD.

:mad:
      « Last Edit: Sep 05, 2018 04:45:57 pm by RedPuppy »
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #5652: Sep 07, 2018 10:14:12 am
      When was this?
      Most any player completes the same manoeuvre at any given time in a game, possibly even the goalkeeper, so what exactly is your point.

it seems to me he doesnt want the ball, he receives it and he gets rid of it as quickly as possible, you never see him make a run with it or go by people.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5653: Sep 07, 2018 10:31:13 am
      His problems in the last game seemed more mental than physical. Klopp pulled him off before 70 minutes, which is unusual for Klopp. I think Klopp realized he made a mistake to bring him in before the international break. I understand he wants the captain in the side, which is why I don't rate Henderson to be captain. I agree he is a valuable squad member,  but very overrated by a lot of our fans. I'm not entirely sure what's going on with Fabinho, but just like we saw with Robertson... He was an absolutely brilliant player being overlooked whilst we were force fed Moreno. I'd like to see what Fabinho has.

As for captain it should be VVD or Mane. I used to say Milner, but just like Hendo... He should be fighting for a place amongst our contested midfield.

Yeah I'd make VVD our captain in a heartbeat, he really is a leader.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5654: Sep 07, 2018 10:39:24 am
      If you wish to talk about Alisson: Alisson Becker Player Thread

If you wish to talk about things that went on in the Leicester game:  Leicester City 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Again, here is the Henderson player thread: Jordan Henderson Player Thread

.. and if you want to talk about the midfield, and how it is set up, the thread is here: Improving Midfield - how will it set up?

If you wish is discuss about Henderson's contract extension carry on IN THIS THREAD.

:mad:

Does Henderson getting a contract extension really need a separate thread, is it that important?? Why doesn't it just geta mention in his player thread?

Anyway very happy he gets a pay rise for knocking the ball a couple of yards sideways and backwards every game and for having an occasional forward pass and shots that sail 10 metres over the cross bar, very well deserved for Captain fantastic, surely the best midfielder we've ever had at the club!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5655: Sep 07, 2018 10:53:36 am
      it seems to me he doesnt want the ball, he receives it and he gets rid of it as quickly as possible, you never see him make a run with it or go by people.

It seems to me he really wants the ball and is generally first pass out of defence.

His job is to win it / receive it and move it quickly - long or short (he does both) not linger on it i.e. ā€œ...make a run...ā€ etc.

Jesus this is boring.

JĆ¼rgen literally could only be clearer about his importance to team / squad if he wore a ā€œJordan is Bossā€ tee.

Those who STILL jump on need to deal with the fact heā€™s gonna be a big part of our club for a while yet.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #5656: Sep 07, 2018 12:42:37 pm

Klopp calls him the 'general', that concept doesn't inspire an image of a player teararsing about covering loads of space and firing the ball all over the show.
      He does what he does mate and the manager is obviously happy with his contribution as the extended contract indicates.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5657: Sep 07, 2018 01:10:42 pm
      It seems to me he really wants the ball and is generally first pass out of defence.

His job is to win it / receive it and move it quickly - long or short (he does both) not linger on it i.e. ā€œ...make a run...ā€ etc.

Jesus this is boring.

JĆ¼rgen literally could only be clearer about his importance to team / squad if he wore a ā€œJordan is Bossā€ tee.

Those who STILL jump on need to deal with the fact heā€™s gonna be a big part of our club for a while yet.

Boring as F**k all this anti Henderson crap.

The job he does is not pretty, but it has to be done, and he does it well.

Hopefully, we see the other parts of his game that have seemingly been forgotten now Fabinho is here.
      He can really drive us forward in the 8 (ish) slot, or sit deep with Fabinho, and the 2 of them play like an old fashioned pairing, with one sitting and the other going "box to box", then rotating.

Quick Reply