Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 727523 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #5681: Sep 14, 2018 02:36:46 pm
      you are child like because despite the fact nobody has said Henderson is the answer to World peace you claim everyone has and only your point of view is a valid one. Its boring as f**k you have an Agenda and now you have backed yourself into a corner where you can only comment negatively on the lad or look like an idiot.
      That's simply not true. If Henderson has a fantastic game I will have only positive words.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5682: Sep 14, 2018 02:41:13 pm
      That's simply not true. If Henderson has a fantastic game I will have only positive words.

What about when he hits 30 and "his legs are gone"?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5683: Sep 14, 2018 03:14:08 pm
      What about when he hits 30 and "his legs are gone"?
      Not biting Swab.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5684: Sep 14, 2018 03:19:20 pm

I don't want you to "bite" anything, I'm simply continuing to point out what a F***ing idiotic statement it is.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5685: Sep 14, 2018 03:27:50 pm
      Ultimately he’s not a world class player, never has been and never will be. He wouldn’t get in some other top teams and you look at our team and he’s far from being the first name on the team sheet and there will be plenty of times he’s rotated this season because he simply isn’t at the level of someone like Keita.

Doesn’t mean he’s a bad player though, or that he isn’t good at what he does, or isn’t a good player to have adding depth to the team and giving the manager options. I never see Hendo not wanting the ball, just because he tells others where to pass it doesn’t mean he doesn’t want it...Van Dijk does the same, Gerrard done the same, doesn’t make them hiding from the ball, it’s because they’ve seen that someone is in a better position than them to receive the ball and do something better than what they could in that situation.

I don’t deny the fact that there’s plenty of times I’ve said he’s gone missing, against Leicester that was a poor midfield display from us and Hendo was a big part of it on that day, he was a too slow to react and to go closing players down. But then there will be games where he puts in a quality performance. He’s a good player, not world class but good and I don’t get why there is so much drama around him from some people, it’s Lucas all over again. Not a top class player but you can never accuse him of a lack of effort or not playing for the shirt.

People moaned we didn’t have depth to the team and then when we have it people still moan about the players adding the depth.

He’s here for years to come, some people really had better get used to it.

I agree with this 100%, he is a useful player for us but the midfield is evolving and upgrading around him and for me he is not an automatic pick any more and please please lets never have Milner and Henderson at the same time, they completely cancel each other out and the midfield loses so much drive and energy as they are both quite passive defensive midfielders and the way we play we can't have 2 of them at the same time as it starves the forwards.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5686: Sep 14, 2018 03:27:53 pm

I don’t think you know what that looks like though
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5687: Sep 14, 2018 03:35:06 pm

This is true, I know that in the past I've praised Henderson when he had a good game, and I'm fairly certain Rib did as well, but overall he simply isn't that good, he is ok and I agree he plays the role of extra defender, closing down and keeping the ball moving player pretty good but a top team needs more, we expect the occasional goal, the defence splitting pass etc.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5688: Sep 14, 2018 03:40:37 pm
      I agree with this 100%, he is a useful player for us but the midfield is evolving and upgrading around him and for me he is not an automatic pick any more and please please lets never have Milner and Henderson at the same time, they completely cancel each other out and the midfield loses so much drive and energy as they are both quite passive defensive midfielders and the way we play we can't have 2 of them at the same time as it starves the forwards.

I think Hendo and Milner playing as the two #8's could work with Keita sitting in as a 6. But Hendo 6 and Milner 8, no thanks for me.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5689: Sep 14, 2018 05:50:42 pm
      I think Hendo and Milner playing as the two #8's could work with Keita sitting in as a 6. But Hendo 6 and Milner 8, no thanks for me.
      Milner has experience of winning things and that is very important.. that and good penalties. For now they can be interchanged so neither burn out mid season, but that is because Fabinho is not introduced yet and Ox is injured. Eventually it will be clear who is in the B team. I think this is likely in the future;

First xi)

Keita        Milner
                               Fabinho

Rotation)

Ox
                       Hendo       Giini   

Can imagine Lallana and Shiqiri to be in a forward role.
      I don't think Solanke, Origi and Sturridge will get a lot of games unless players become available.
      In 2020 when Milner is 34, there is no guarentee he will keep the intensity up that is required.
      If that happens, it would be interesting to see,

2020)

Kieta         Ox
           Fabinho
      « Last Edit: Sep 14, 2018 05:55:28 pm by Ribapuru »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5690: Sep 14, 2018 05:55:01 pm

So you cant even see your own prejudice against the lad. Unless he has a "fantastic" game your going to slag him off nice.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #5691: Sep 14, 2018 05:57:21 pm
      WTF is this thread honestly. Sooner kick off comes round the better.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5692: Sep 14, 2018 06:09:26 pm
      So you cant even see your own prejudice against the lad. Unless he has a "fantastic" game your going to slag him off nice.
      In the last game he played the ball backwards into dangerous positions 3 times. One of those Van Dijk passed quickly to Alisson because he was under pressure... Alisson should have done better, but the backpass was not on. Many people excused Henderson's backpasses in the past because it was said to be the safest option. This was not true last game, he would have been better to attempt to turn and pass forward... if he lost the ball then there were defenders there... he was the playmaker for an own goal! This is a fact.

If Henderson came on, picked up loose balls... got some tackles and blocks in and didn't make so many mistakes I would praise him, what annoys me is when people praise pure fiction. They come on here saying "fantastic player".
      This is not a critisism of Henderson either, paragraph one was stating facts and paragraph two was critisizing an opinion.
      Klopp subbed Henderson first, another fact. Fitness level's don't cause these kind of mistakes.. another fact.
      After the game people blamed his fitness, if it is mental fatigue that is worrying.. but I can't see how it can be physical.

Henderson will always split opinion, there has been "we need to talk about Henderson","Should Klopp pick a new captain" and "Henderson signs a new contract"... etc.. Once thing is for sure, he will stay here. The thing that needs to be decided is will it be first team or not, many will say no right now. If Henderson wants to change that he is going to need to do it before Fabinho gets a run in the side.
      « Last Edit: Sep 14, 2018 06:17:34 pm by Ribapuru »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5693: Sep 14, 2018 06:14:53 pm
      In the last game he played the ball backwards into dangerous positions 3 times. One of those Van Dijk passed quickly to Alisson because he was under pressure... Alisson should have done better, but the backpass was not on. Many people excused Henderson's backpasses in the past because it was said to be the safest option. This was not true last game, he would have been better to attempt to turn and pass forward... if he lost the ball then there were defenders there... he was the playmaker for an own goal! This is a fact.

If Henderson came on, picked up loose balls... got some tackles and blocks in and didn't make so many mistakes I would praise him, what annoys me is when people praise pure fiction. They come on here saying "fantastic player".
      This is not a critisism of Henderson either, paragraph one was stating facts and paragraph two was critisizing an opinion.
      Klopp subbed Henderson first, another fact. Fitness level's don't cause these kind of mistakes.. another fact.
      After the game people blamed his fitness, if it is mental fatigue that is worrying.. but I can't see how it can be physical.

Utter F***ing sh*te.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5694: Sep 14, 2018 06:29:43 pm
      You don't have evidence that is sh*te. I can easily find video clips of those backpasses.
      Tell me, did you even watch the game?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5695: Sep 14, 2018 06:41:14 pm
      You don't have evidence that is sh*te. I can easily find video clips of those backpasses.
      Tell me, did you even watch the game?

You posted it, that's all the evidence anyone needs, and yet more proof that you simply do not understand football.

I've seen you post nothing but utter bollocks for as long as you've been on here, including the absolutely golden "Wouldn't have Messi cos he's over 30 and that means his legs are gone".

When are you going to get it through your skull that players are not robots, and nor can you look at parts of a game in isolation, and lacking context to say anything at all.

When the F**k are you going to understand that just because it's your opinion, doesn't mean it's worthy of taking notice of.

When the F**k are you going to understand that Klopp actually knows a fair bit more about football than you do, and rates Henderson very highly, calling him "my General".

When is it going to sink in that your stupid, F***ing puerile agenda is utter F***ing nonsense, and that you don't have a clue what you're banging on about.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5696: Sep 14, 2018 06:51:30 pm
      You posted it, that's all the evidence anyone needs, and yet more proof that you simply do not understand football.

I've seen you post nothing but utter bollocks for as long as you've been on here, including the absolutely golden "Wouldn't have Messi cos he's over 30 and that means his legs are gone".

When are you going to get it through your skull that players are not robots, and nor can you look at parts of a game in isolation, and lacking context to say anything at all.

When the f**k are you going to understand that just because it's your opinion, doesn't mean it's worthy of taking notice of.

When the f**k are you going to understand that Klopp actually knows a fair bit more about football than you do, and rates Henderson very highly, calling him "my General".

When is it going to sink in that your stupid, f**king puerile agenda is utter f**king nonsense, and that you don't have a clue what you're banging on about.
      Swab, what is it about legs with you? All you talk about is footballers legs. Wrong forum for that.
      When we signed Hendo he was not a DM, he was Rodgered into that role. I would like it if he played advanced more, if he can get his confidence back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77F1kpHrt2E

2013.. this is the Hendo we need.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #5697: Sep 14, 2018 07:12:58 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5698: Sep 14, 2018 07:45:10 pm
      Think Rib is the sort of person who continued to shout out loud "the earth is flat" long after people had realised its not.
      Henderson is Klopp's man in Klopp's teams he likes players whose first thought is the team. He fits in perfectly to Jürgen's plans and is extremely disciplined in sticking to his job which leaves other players more license to attack and score.
      He could score a hattrick tomorrow and he would still get stick because he missed a tackle or misplaced a pass.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5699: Sep 14, 2018 08:29:50 pm
      Think Rib is the sort of person who continued to shout out loud "the earth is flat" long after people had realised its not.
      Henderson is Klopp's man in Klopp's teams he likes players whose first thought is the team. He fits in perfectly to Jürgen's plans and is extremely disciplined in sticking to his job which leaves other players more license to attack and score.
      He could score a hattrick tomorrow and he would still get stick because he missed a tackle or misplaced a pass.
      Earth is not flat, the Universe is flat though.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5700: Sep 14, 2018 09:21:18 pm

You are assuming there is no dark matter and since the majority of the universe consists of this energy!

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #5701: Sep 14, 2018 09:59:30 pm
      Henderson is still getting his match sharpness up - he has played a lot of football over the past 3/4 years , not had much rest and suffered a number of injuries , a few England players are suffering a bit at the moment after a long season last year - the summer prob took a lot of a number of players and at the end of the Croatia match Henderson was physical spent and no doubt mentally exhausted as well -

after a long season he no doubt had nothing left even more so after the disappointments of both the CL final and then the WC Semi - it’s going to effect the players involved

Klopp I suspect knows this so didn’t rush him back and giving him time to get sharp again - once he is refreshed and has the sharpness back then he will be one of the first names on the team sheet.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5702: Sep 14, 2018 10:01:04 pm

a bit like your one dimensional views.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5703: Sep 14, 2018 10:34:59 pm
      Such a brilliant example of cognitive dissonance.

"Klopp is brilliant, except for his captain, the bloke he calls his "general, and who he constantly praises"

Quick Reply