Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 731926 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #5957: Oct 02, 2018 07:02:59 am

This is what I’ve been saying for years! It’s without doubt an issue from his doubters, they don’t seem to see what I see when we’re defending in particular. My advise time and time again has been ‘just watch him’. The amount of second balls he recovers for us is outstanding and he’s the best we have at that.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #5958: Oct 02, 2018 07:25:58 am
      The anti Hendo brigade won't bother reading that Walt, they are not interested until they hound him out and then they start on another player. A very good piece that and along with my thoughts regarding my previous post.

Written by the General Manager of a fancy Restaurant!
      Oh ok I’m convinced I was wrong all along  :D

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #5959: Oct 02, 2018 08:13:48 am
      reading this thread like

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #5960: Oct 02, 2018 08:38:31 am
      Lads you all need to relax.....Hendo isn't going to change into an Alonsoesque ball spraying midfielder or an all action driving force like Gerrard.

He will bring energy, commitment and is a good team player who plays at an accepted Premiership level.

He will also bring loads of frustration when he gets the ball and passes it back to the defence and lots of obvious 5 yard square passes when us supporters (who can all do better of course) are screaming for him to turn and play it forward. He doesn't have it in his locker its just not him.

Personally I don't think he gets in our best 11 but would I be offloading him, 100% NOT, he brings value and a team ethic, role model type of person for the club in the way he conducts himself.

He is what he is no point trying to outscore each other on this one.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5961: Oct 02, 2018 09:03:47 am
      This stat from England’s 6-1 World Cup win over Panama proves what a machine Liverpool star Jordan Henderson is.
      Henderson is currently keeping Tottenham Hotspur pair Dele Alli and Eric Dier from the side and has become a vital cog in manager Gareth Southgate’s machine.
      The Reds’ captain can be underrated or ridiculed as a sideways passing merchant, but it’s clear that top level managers love what he brings to the table – and that says a lot.
      Against the Central American outfit, who are playing in their first World Cup, Henderson had an absolute stormer and contributed in a way that shows what an absolute machine he is.

That is your best argument, England's win against a pub team and the role Henderson played in it, good grief!!! BTW in what way is he keeping Dele Ali out of the team or Eric Dier, didn't they both play in most of the England games?

As for your question why does England play him , its a damned good question but it might go some way to explaining why England are still a bit sh*t, compared with the genuinely good footballing countries like Croatia and Belgium.

I have said before that Henderson is ok in the DM role, but he absolutely must then be surrounded by creative midfielders as he lacks any creativity himself. When he is surrounded by Milner and Gini then that midfield is basically just an extra line of defence and the supply lines to the front three get very restricted plus it becomes much easier for opposition defences to shut them out.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5962: Oct 02, 2018 09:15:54 am

Klopp has upgraded on Henderson, he's called Fabinho and as soon as he is ready we will see a lot less of HendersonThis is what I’ve been saying for years! It’s without doubt an issue from his doubters, they don’t seem to see what I see when we’re defending in particular. My advise time and time again has been ‘just watch him’. The amount of second balls he recovers for us is outstanding and he’s the best we have at that.

That quora article is actually quite interesting and if those are his directives, to basically be a super safe zero risk ultra defensive DM then I think his role is now redundant as our defence is so much more solid now that we don't need the extra cover which we needed before. I think we should now focus on getting a much more adventurous creative DM, more in the Alonso mold, one who can be more positive in playing the ball forward. From what I have seen I think Fabinho and Wijnaldum satisfy this new approach and would give us better balance and forwards momentum.
      Perhaps this is where some of the tension in this debate is coming from between those looking forwards and those looking slightly back at last season
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #5963: Oct 02, 2018 09:26:57 am
      Sorry but that is total bollocks. Trent is a young man still learning and was ball chasing for the Chelsea goal and out of position (not having a go at the lad) and Robbo was caught twice on the wrong side of his man with through balls from Luiz. Now that was weak play just in one game mind, what did Hendo do wrong?

Players aren't robots. They will all make mistakes from time to time. Even big virgil will. That's fine. It's football. And it's life.

The difference is, Trent, Robbo, virgil and whoever else constantly produce 8-9/10 performances week in, week out. Henderson doesn't.

Henderson was awful on Saturday and if you genuinely can't see that then I'm wasting my time even telling you.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #5964: Oct 02, 2018 09:35:37 am
      Lads you all need to relax.....Hendo isn't going to change into an Alonsoesque ball spraying midfielder or an all action driving force like Gerrard.

He will bring energy, commitment and is a good team player who plays at an accepted Premiership level.

He will also bring loads of frustration when he gets the ball and passes it back to the defence and lots of obvious 5 yard square passes when us supporters (who can all do better of course) are screaming for him to turn and play it forward. He doesn't have it in his locker its just not him.

Personally I don't think he gets in our best 11 but would I be offloading him, 100% NOT, he brings value and a team ethic, role model type of person for the club in the way he conducts himself.

He is what he is no point trying to outscore each other on this one.

I think any of his critics would agree with you.  He does conduct himself in the right manner and he comes across as professional too. If he's used correctly then he could be a good squad player for us.

But we're saying no different to what you have in that he wouldn't be in our first 11. We can't go to Chelsea with him in our line up just because he's a nice lad and says nice things in interviews.

We've moved on now from being a 7th placed team where jordan was a part of. We're improving every year under klopp and now it's time to take that last step and compete for the league.

Sometimes in football you have to be brutal and you have to do what's best for the team.

He's a nice lad who runs around but as you say yourself, his ability is very limited and to win silverware we need better players. It's as simple as that really.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #5965: Oct 02, 2018 09:45:27 am
      What we have to understand is the narrative that if you think Jordan does a good job for the team people read this as he is world class and we are lucky to have him and its responded by the usual muppets saying he is the worst player ever to put a Red shirt on and that they know best. He is part of a team put together by Jürgen who has had him for nearly 3 years and plays him when he is fit he has had plenty of time to ditch him.
      Then you get the poster who writes with such authority and in a way which leaves people in no doubt they know best and its not up for debate Jordan is crap.
       All of this from people who pretend to be Liverpool supporters the most knowledgeable supporters in the world  :lmao:
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 488 
      Reply #5966: Oct 02, 2018 09:51:08 am
      I believe we'll see by the end of December as to where Henderson will be , in terms of starting XI.

In my opinion, I think he'll be out of the starting XI, as by that time Keita and Fabinho will have gotten more used to our tactics.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #5967: Oct 02, 2018 09:54:45 am
      What we have to understand is the narrative that if you think Jordan does a good job for the team people read this as he is world class and we are lucky to have him and its responded by the usual muppets saying he is the worst player ever to put a Red shirt on and that they know best. He is part of a team put together by Jürgen who has had him for nearly 3 years and plays him when he is fit he has had plenty of time to ditch him.
      Then you get the poster who writes with such authority and in a way which leaves people in no doubt they know best and its not up for debate Jordan is crap.
       All of this from people who pretend to be Liverpool supporters the most knowledgeable supporters in the world  :lmao:

As I always say, it's his supporters with the agendas, not his critics.

A member has just genuinely asked what was wrong with Henderson's performance on Saturday.

If they or you couldnt see the big problems we had in midfield on Saturday or that Henderson had a very poor game then there is just no debating with any of you.

Agendas mate.

molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #5968: Oct 02, 2018 10:36:31 am
      I get everyone being loyal to Henderson because he is our captain but how some of you think that he's good enough to play for us are off your heads . He is sh*te
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #5969: Oct 02, 2018 11:36:41 am
      One thing I do agree with is that Wijnaldum, Milner and Henderson simply doesn't work and I'm baffled why Klopp seems to think it suddenly will.
      There it is
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #5970: Oct 02, 2018 12:02:20 pm
      Who'd have thought it, Henderson more polarising than Lucas.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5971: Oct 02, 2018 12:04:10 pm
      Who'd have thoughts it, Henderson more polarising than Lucas.

This seasons scapegoat.

Last season it was Gini and Can.

Next season, who knows?
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #5972: Oct 02, 2018 12:35:15 pm
      I get everyone being loyal to Henderson because he is our captain but how some of you think that he's good enough to play for us are off your heads . He is sh*te

So Klopp is off his head? The man has forgotten more about football than you or I know, but sure, he's only kept Hendo around because he was captain before. If he didn't have the armband he would have been gone long ago, right?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5973: Oct 02, 2018 12:38:27 pm

Sorry but who is saying he is the worst player in the world, are you telling fibs again? All I have seen is people saying we have better options ow but that he is a good player to have in the squad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5974: Oct 02, 2018 12:40:35 pm
      This seasons scapegoat.

Last season it was Gini and Can.

Next season, who knows?

It has nothing to do with scapegoating , it has to do with taking off the rose tinted glasses and seeing where the team can be improved
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #5975: Oct 02, 2018 12:41:13 pm
      So Klopp is off his head? The man has forgotten more about football than you or I know, but sure, he's only kept Hendo around because he was captain before. If he didn't have the armband he would have been gone long ago, right?

I think klopp is an amazing boss . But I also think that he is our worst player
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5976: Oct 02, 2018 01:01:10 pm
      I think klopp is an amazing boss . But I also think that he is our worst player
      Every team has a bad player or two, usually managers try to stick by them until they are forced into cutting them loose. I can probably name an example with any PL manager or team other than pep. Klopp is a guy that will always speak highly of players. He said "Mignolet is perfect for Liverpool", "Lovren is the best defender in the world"...etc.. do any of you really think Lovren is better than VVD? Klopp wouldn't have pushed for him at 75m if that were true. Take what managers say as a piece of salt since it's obviously not what they're thinking. Look at Southgate saying how great Henderson is right before dropping him as captain and again after..etc..  of course Hendonites will try to say he's England's first choice.. but the competition is Eric Dier ffs. Why would Southgate publicly call him sh*t and get fired? Some of our fans can't see through that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #5977: Oct 02, 2018 01:05:11 pm
      My post about Henderson last night were not my own but taken from various Newspapers but I thought I would see how many of the experts bit and the usual ones did.
      If you look for faults you will find them its interesting to read the posts that are negative about our Captain are all from people who have an arrogance that when they post we should take notice of them.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5978: Oct 02, 2018 01:09:41 pm
      My post about Henderson last night were not my own but taken from various Newspapers but I thought I would see how many of the experts bit and the usual ones did.
      If you look for faults you will find them its interesting to read the posts that are negative about our Captain are all from people who have an arrogance that when they post we should take notice of them.
      What a bunch of baloney. You posted false stats and now you're posting excuses... Poor ones at that.

Walton's credibility after false stats and poor excuses.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5979: Oct 02, 2018 01:14:23 pm

and of course you have no such arrogance yourself ;-)

Quick Reply