Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720223 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6164: Nov 06, 2018 04:45:17 pm
      So you're a liar AND a hypocrite  :lmao:

And this from the fella crying about other people being "snide and aggressive"  :lmao:

Face the fact that you're completely wrong about Henderson, completely wrong about Fabinho being his replacement, and try to educate yourself at least a little bit before you start banging on about how the team plays.

No, I am not lying and nor have I shown to be a hypocrite during the time we have engaged. I just get the feeling you think anyone can dribble as good as Messi, Isco, Hazard, tackle as good as Kante, Fabinho or pass as good as Pjanic, Modric etc etc, but they don't showcase that because the manager doesn't allow that ;)

I am not wrong or right about Hendo, but what is wrong is your mindset that Hendo is the complete perfect player. I think you are the one that needs to "educate" yourself and chill.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6165: Nov 06, 2018 04:46:27 pm
      No Swab, I think it is only you who does not want to be educated. You think Hendo has now flaws and has the ability to play like a Modric, Makelele or a Xabi Alonso if asked.

Unlike you, I see his flaws, but also his strengths, and I can see what his strengths can offer us as I have mentioned many times, but I also see his weaknesses and how they can be detrimental to us at times.

Do you find that lying your arse off on the internet gives you a warm fuzzy feeling in your undies?

I see Hendersons flaws, but the fact is, you just make sh*t up to beat him with.
      Lacks composure?
      That's not just untrue, it's downright silly.

Like I said, you've spent months saying that Fabinho is Hendersons replacement, that he was going to be benched and that Fabinho is the best thing since sliced bread.
      Now that has turned out not to be the case, you're having conniptions.
      Relax fella, it's just an internet forum, no need to give yourself a seizure.

But you do care, you get so heated and aggressive, it's so evidently clear for all to see .  You actually scare me :(

:lmao:
      F***ing hell, talk about a drama queen  :lmao:

No, I don't care.
      I'm just sat around bored, waiting for the match, laughing at you tying yourself in knots.

Oh you young 'uns do make me laugh.
      You think if you type something on the internet it becomes truth.
      Hilarious  :lmao:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6166: Nov 06, 2018 04:47:12 pm
      Henderson is nothing to shout about. Klopp is telling him what to do based on his ability, that's how to get the most out of any player.  Hendo is a 6.5/10, nothing to be ashamed of.

He is not a bad player. I think he does a decent job as a 6, but as I said before, his strengths are more suited in an 8 role, like how Kante is playing, and even I said he could have taken his level to Rakitic had he continued there, yet apparently, I think Hendo is sh*t, needs to be dropped, sold etc.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6167: Nov 06, 2018 04:52:36 pm
      He is not a bad player. I think he does a decent job as a 6, but as I said before, his strengths are more suited in an 8 role, like how Kante is playing, and even I said he could have taken his level to Rakitic had he continued there, yet apparently, I think Hendo is sh*t, needs to be dropped, sold etc.

Where are you from DQ?

UK, Europe, USA?
      Somewhere else?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #6168: Nov 06, 2018 08:20:33 pm
      Another game where Henderson in the middle would have been a big bonus
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #6169: Nov 06, 2018 08:24:58 pm

Massively missed tonight..
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #6170: Nov 06, 2018 08:25:10 pm

This is getting too boring TBH.

This game needed creativity, not Henderson.

And BTW, the whole team bottled it. Henderson playing would've made no difference, as he is also a big bottler.
      « Last Edit: Nov 06, 2018 08:30:31 pm by Gill95 »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #6171: Nov 06, 2018 08:29:02 pm
      This is getting too boring TBH.

This game needed creativity, not Henderson.

In our squad - it needed both.

Jimmy M and Gini need a break especially Jimmy. Yes he covered ground but he was molasses slow on the turn and his distribution was rotten.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #6172: Nov 06, 2018 08:33:12 pm
      In our squad - it needed both.

Jimmy M and Gini need a break especially Jimmy. Yes he covered ground but he was molasses slow on the turn and his distribution was rotten.

How exactly would Henderson from deep have helped Jimmy connect up with our forwards?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #6173: Nov 06, 2018 08:33:53 pm

Like to explain for the uneducated?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #6174: Nov 06, 2018 08:37:35 pm
      Like to explain for the uneducated?

Is there any point - whatever I say won’t matter it would be dismissed by the same people so there is little point. It will become clear enough when he comes back
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #6175: Nov 06, 2018 08:42:28 pm
      Is there any point - whatever I say won’t matter it would be dismissed by the same people so there is little point. It will become clear enough when he comes back

Is he coming back as Coutinho.  :D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #6176: Nov 06, 2018 08:47:08 pm
      How exactly would Henderson from deep have helped Jimmy connect up with our forwards?

I wouldn’t have played both mate. Jimmy has been creaking since Early September.

What Hendo will do - whether it’s appreciated by you or others here - is keep the ball moving more urgently - whether that’s side to side or forward. First half we were woefully slow in possession and in the second we just played it steadily side to side then fizzed a ball into Mo / Bobby who had 2 on them.

Each to their own - I’m not interested in another argument re Hendo. I rate him, many don’t. To be frank I shouldn’t have even came in here tonight. I’ve been told a million times I’m wrong by geniuses on here (not aimed at you personally) so I must be.

Anyone who can’t see that Gini and Jimmy are blowing out their arse and leggy after playing non-stop since August is watching a different team.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #6177: Nov 06, 2018 08:57:29 pm
      I wouldn’t have played both mate. Jimmy has been creaking since Early September.

What Hendo will do - whether it’s appreciated by you or others here - is keep the ball moving more urgently - whether that’s side to side or forward. First half we were woefully slow in possession and in the second we just played it steadily side to side then fizzed a ball into Mo / Bobby who had 2 on them.

Each to their own - I’m not interested in another argument re Hendo. I rate him, many don’t. To be frank I shouldn’t have even came in here tonight. I’ve been told a million times I’m wrong by geniuses on here (not aimed at you personally) so I must be.

Anyone who can’t see that Gini and Jimmy are blowing out their arse and leggy after playing non-stop since August is watching a different team.

No worries mate I don’t have a issue with anybody who rates Hendo, hell fwiw I think he is decent.

Can’t disagree about Jimmy and Gini,

Personally what Henderson brings to the table I don’t think that was what was missing tonight.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6178: Nov 06, 2018 09:14:33 pm
      The only difference Henderson would have made tonight is it would have given the usual muppets the chance to slag him off.
      You can draw straws tonight for the worst player and I doubt many would argue with however was drawn
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #6179: Nov 06, 2018 09:25:32 pm
      How depression that wait Henderson come back reason why we won nothing in very long time, must near 12 years since we won anything time buy midfielder or two that control games score goals give killer pass
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #6180: Nov 07, 2018 08:39:33 am

It will and as always when he's not playing and our midfield isn't working or playing well some people don't seem capable to draw the obvious conclusion.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #6181: Nov 07, 2018 01:34:55 pm
      No worries mate I don’t have a issue with anybody who rates Hendo, hell fwiw I think he is decent.

Can’t disagree about Jimmy and Gini,

Personally what Henderson brings to the table I don’t think that was what was missing tonight.

I have to disagree with you there bud...I think what Henderson brings is exactly what we needed. When he's on his game and fit, he harasses the opposing midfielders, has a keen eye for an incisive long pass and generally seems to regulate our tempo to Klopp's liking. I think we were missing all of that last night.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #6182: Nov 07, 2018 01:44:23 pm
      I have to disagree with you there bud...I think what Henderson brings is exactly what we needed. When he's on his game and fit, he harasses the opposing midfielders, has a keen eye for an incisive long pass and generally seems to regulate our tempo to Klopp's liking. I think we were missing all of that last night.

Nah thats not what we were missing, well maybe he would have put in a better effort than Gini for the second goal.

But where is this incisive passing you talk about?
      Let me know how many assist he has or chances he has created.

What we were missing imo was the Ox/Coutinho player last night someone who could link up our front 3 from midfield, Henderson from the DM position is not going to do that because he does not run with the ball.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6183: Nov 07, 2018 01:45:45 pm
      It will and as always when he's not playing and our midfield isn't working or playing well some people don't seem capable to draw the obvious conclusion.

He gives us control in the centre that we just don't have without him, and he imposes himself on the game and on the opposition.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #6184: Nov 07, 2018 02:07:19 pm
      said few times out top 4 teams we one worse mildfield in league, that fact if only sort out milfield buy one or two that got bit skill in them do things make things happen in match we just loads watercarryiers un that area
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #6185: Nov 07, 2018 02:45:11 pm
      Nah thats not what we were missing, well maybe he would have put in a better effort than Gini for the second goal.

But where is this incisive passing you talk about?
      Let me know how many assist he has or chances he has created.

What we were missing imo was the Ox/Coutinho player last night someone who could link up our front 3 from midfield, Henderson from the DM position is not going to do that because he does not run with the ball.

Oh I don't think he should have been in the DM position last night. I'd have been fine with Gini filling that role and allowing Henderson to play more centrally and forward. I'm not going to argue. Some people don't appreciate what he brings. I get it. Let's draw a line under it. Suffice to say, Milner and Gini were both poor and I feel like Henderson would have been a better option against a team like Red Star.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6186: Nov 07, 2018 02:51:27 pm
      Suffice to say, Milner and Gini were both poor and I feel like Henderson would have been a better option against a team like Red Star.

Hendo needs to be a bit more positive/forward thinking on the ball, but just cause he's missed a fair few games, still think he has a big part to play this season.  In saying that, Milner's been really good, and Hendo deffo has more work to do to get his games.

Quick Reply