Trending Topics

Next match: Watford v LFC [Premier League] Sat 24th Nov @ 3:00 pm
      Vicarage Road

Today is the 21st of November and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W8 D6 L8

Jordan Henderson Player Thread

Read 304718 times
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,057 posts | 1667 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6210: Nov 07, 2018 08:39:33 am
      Is there any point - whatever I say won’t matter it would be dismissed by the same people so there is little point. It will become clear enough when he comes back

It will and as always when he's not playing and our midfield isn't working or playing well some people don't seem capable to draw the obvious conclusion.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,006 posts | 3110 
      Reply #6211: Nov 07, 2018 01:34:55 pm
      No worries mate I don’t have a issue with anybody who rates Hendo, hell fwiw I think he is decent.

Can’t disagree about Jimmy and Gini,

Personally what Henderson brings to the table I don’t think that was what was missing tonight.

I have to disagree with you there bud...I think what Henderson brings is exactly what we needed. When he's on his game and fit, he harasses the opposing midfielders, has a keen eye for an incisive long pass and generally seems to regulate our tempo to Klopp's liking. I think we were missing all of that last night.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,366 posts | 2441 
      Reply #6212: Nov 07, 2018 01:44:23 pm
      I have to disagree with you there bud...I think what Henderson brings is exactly what we needed. When he's on his game and fit, he harasses the opposing midfielders, has a keen eye for an incisive long pass and generally seems to regulate our tempo to Klopp's liking. I think we were missing all of that last night.

Nah thats not what we were missing, well maybe he would have put in a better effort than Gini for the second goal.

But where is this incisive passing you talk about?
      Let me know how many assist he has or chances he has created.

What we were missing imo was the Ox/Coutinho player last night someone who could link up our front 3 from midfield, Henderson from the DM position is not going to do that because he does not run with the ball.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,036 posts | 1671 
      Reply #6213: Nov 07, 2018 01:45:45 pm
      It will and as always when he's not playing and our midfield isn't working or playing well some people don't seem capable to draw the obvious conclusion.

He gives us control in the centre that we just don't have without him, and he imposes himself on the game and on the opposition.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,296 posts | 109 
      Reply #6214: Nov 07, 2018 02:07:19 pm
      said few times out top 4 teams we one worse mildfield in league, that fact if only sort out milfield buy one or two that got bit skill in them do things make things happen in match we just loads watercarryiers un that area
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,006 posts | 3110 
      Reply #6215: Nov 07, 2018 02:45:11 pm
      Nah thats not what we were missing, well maybe he would have put in a better effort than Gini for the second goal.

But where is this incisive passing you talk about?
      Let me know how many assist he has or chances he has created.

What we were missing imo was the Ox/Coutinho player last night someone who could link up our front 3 from midfield, Henderson from the DM position is not going to do that because he does not run with the ball.

Oh I don't think he should have been in the DM position last night. I'd have been fine with Gini filling that role and allowing Henderson to play more centrally and forward. I'm not going to argue. Some people don't appreciate what he brings. I get it. Let's draw a line under it. Suffice to say, Milner and Gini were both poor and I feel like Henderson would have been a better option against a team like Red Star.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,336 posts | 672 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6216: Nov 07, 2018 02:51:27 pm
      Suffice to say, Milner and Gini were both poor and I feel like Henderson would have been a better option against a team like Red Star.

Hendo needs to be a bit more positive/forward thinking on the ball, but just cause he's missed a fair few games, still think he has a big part to play this season.  In saying that, Milner's been really good, and Hendo deffo has more work to do to get his games.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,385 posts | 220 
      Reply #6217: Nov 07, 2018 08:25:28 pm
      Anyone know if he's good to go for Sunday?
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,655 posts | 45 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #6218: Nov 08, 2018 11:36:32 pm
      Anyone know if he's good to go for Sunday?

If he is fit enough to be called into the England squad he better be fit enough to feature Sunday.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,774 posts | 501 
      Reply #6219: Nov 19, 2018 01:17:30 pm
      Looks like he will be out for a spell again after an injury in the USA match. Why when someone has just come back from injury does an international manager think it is good to recall him and throw him in a match just three days after his club return?

Similarly, why with club matches on both end of a one week international window, are TWO international matches scheduled? I get the honor of playing for one's country, the way they forcefeed games into this limited set of dates just seems barbaric to me.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,036 posts | 1671 
      Reply #6220: Nov 19, 2018 02:16:07 pm
      Looks like he will be out for a spell again after an injury in the USA match. Why when someone has just come back from injury does an international manager think it is good to recall him and throw him in a match just three days after his club return?

Similarly, why with club matches on both end of a one week international window, are TWO international matches scheduled? I get the honor of playing for one's country, the way they forcefeed games into this limited set of dates just seems barbaric to me.

Hopefully it's minor.
      It was reported as "he wasn't happy with it" so at the least he's experiencing some discomfort.
      It might even be best to give him Saturday off, and get him fully recovered.
      There's some big games coming up where we'll need him.
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 913 posts | 743 
      Reply #6221: Nov 19, 2018 06:39:46 pm

It's as much the manager's fault as it is the player's. Genuinely don't understand why he wanted to go in the first place after only just returning from injury. Stay at Melwood, put in some extra sessions and make sure you're ready to go when the manager needs you.

Does my head in really. Same with Lallana. Can't stay fit for Liverpool, is fit again, decides to go train with the England squad and he comes back injured. It's just f**king common sense.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,036 posts | 1671 
      Reply #6222: Nov 19, 2018 06:50:18 pm
      It's as much the manager's fault as it is the player's. Genuinely don't understand why he wanted to go in the first place after only just returning from injury. Stay at Melwood, put in some extra sessions and make sure you're ready to go when the manager needs you.

Does my head in really. Same with Lallana. Can't stay fit for Liverpool, is fit again, decides to go train with the England squad and he comes back injured. It's just f**king common sense.

If a player says he's injured, the national team can still call him up to be examined by their medical team.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,288 posts | 952 
      Reply #6223: Nov 19, 2018 06:59:33 pm
      Hendo only played around half an hour against USA and it was not even at a high intensity.
      He is injury prone.

2015/2016: 123 days injured.
      2016/2017: 129 days injured.
      2017/2018: 49 days injuired.

So far this year.

Tight Hamstring November 15th
      Hamstring Injury 2018 October 20th
      Fitness 2018 August 1st
      Tight Hamstring   2018 July 11th
      Tight Hamstring 2018 July 7th
      Ankle Injury 2018 April 28th
      Dead Leg 2018 March 6th
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,098 posts | 1626 
      Reply #6224: Nov 19, 2018 07:11:19 pm
      Hendo only played around half an hour against USA and it was not even at a high intensity.
      He is injury prone.

2015/2016: 123 days injured.
      2016/2017: 129 days injured.
      2017/2018: 49 days injuired.

So far this year.

Tight Hamstring November 15th
      Hamstring Injury 2018 October 20th
      Fitness 2018 August 1st
      Tight Hamstring   2018 July 11th
      Tight Hamstring 2018 July 7th
      Ankle Injury 2018 April 28th
      Dead Leg 2018 March 6th

F**k sake Ribs - put the voodoo doll of him down and give the lad a break........NOT that type of break ffs!!!!

Quick Reply