Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720298 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6187: Nov 07, 2018 08:25:28 pm
      Anyone know if he's good to go for Sunday?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #6188: Nov 08, 2018 11:36:32 pm
      Anyone know if he's good to go for Sunday?

If he is fit enough to be called into the England squad he better be fit enough to feature Sunday.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #6189: Nov 19, 2018 01:17:30 pm
      Looks like he will be out for a spell again after an injury in the USA match. Why when someone has just come back from injury does an international manager think it is good to recall him and throw him in a match just three days after his club return?

Similarly, why with club matches on both end of a one week international window, are TWO international matches scheduled? I get the honor of playing for one's country, the way they forcefeed games into this limited set of dates just seems barbaric to me.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6190: Nov 19, 2018 02:16:07 pm
      Looks like he will be out for a spell again after an injury in the USA match. Why when someone has just come back from injury does an international manager think it is good to recall him and throw him in a match just three days after his club return?

Similarly, why with club matches on both end of a one week international window, are TWO international matches scheduled? I get the honor of playing for one's country, the way they forcefeed games into this limited set of dates just seems barbaric to me.

Hopefully it's minor.
      It was reported as "he wasn't happy with it" so at the least he's experiencing some discomfort.
      It might even be best to give him Saturday off, and get him fully recovered.
      There's some big games coming up where we'll need him.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #6191: Nov 19, 2018 06:39:46 pm

It's as much the manager's fault as it is the player's. Genuinely don't understand why he wanted to go in the first place after only just returning from injury. Stay at Melwood, put in some extra sessions and make sure you're ready to go when the manager needs you.

Does my head in really. Same with Lallana. Can't stay fit for Liverpool, is fit again, decides to go train with the England squad and he comes back injured. It's just F***ing common sense.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6192: Nov 19, 2018 06:50:18 pm
      It's as much the manager's fault as it is the player's. Genuinely don't understand why he wanted to go in the first place after only just returning from injury. Stay at Melwood, put in some extra sessions and make sure you're ready to go when the manager needs you.

Does my head in really. Same with Lallana. Can't stay fit for Liverpool, is fit again, decides to go train with the England squad and he comes back injured. It's just F***ing common sense.

If a player says he's injured, the national team can still call him up to be examined by their medical team.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6193: Nov 19, 2018 06:59:33 pm
      Hendo only played around half an hour against USA and it was not even at a high intensity.
      He is injury prone.

2015/2016: 123 days injured.
      2016/2017: 129 days injured.
      2017/2018: 49 days injuired.

So far this year.

Tight Hamstring November 15th
      Hamstring Injury 2018 October 20th
      Fitness 2018 August 1st
      Tight Hamstring   2018 July 11th
      Tight Hamstring 2018 July 7th
      Ankle Injury 2018 April 28th
      Dead Leg 2018 March 6th
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #6194: Nov 19, 2018 07:11:19 pm
      Hendo only played around half an hour against USA and it was not even at a high intensity.
      He is injury prone.

2015/2016: 123 days injured.
      2016/2017: 129 days injured.
      2017/2018: 49 days injuired.

So far this year.

Tight Hamstring November 15th
      Hamstring Injury 2018 October 20th
      Fitness 2018 August 1st
      Tight Hamstring   2018 July 11th
      Tight Hamstring 2018 July 7th
      Ankle Injury 2018 April 28th
      Dead Leg 2018 March 6th

F**k sake Ribs - put the voodoo doll of him down and give the lad a break........NOT that type of break ffs!!!!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6195: Nov 24, 2018 04:55:04 pm
      With his performance today, should he be dropped against PSG? Problem is he's suspended for the league so it utilizes the squad better to use him in available games, but his form has took a nose dive, so it's incredibly risky to start him. I'm not sure what we do with him right now.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #6196: Nov 24, 2018 04:57:57 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #6197: Nov 24, 2018 05:04:05 pm
      With his performance today, should he be dropped against PSG? Problem is he's suspended for the league so it utilizes the squad better to use him in available games, but his form has took a nose dive, so it's incredibly risky to start him. I'm not sure what we do with him right now.

Seriously what a tw*t you are

We won 3 nil away to a tough opposition and maintain the unbeaten run and still on the heels of City and your response is to slate Henderson

Henderson today was unlucky with the first yellow but he played a nice today game in the deep role , nothing spectacular but doing what I have no doubt the manager expected him to do - his season has been stop start with niggling injuries and there is a long way to go - he will still be in the team when fit because the manager rates him.

Klopp rarely ā€œdropsā€ players - the squad is utilised through the season.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6198: Nov 24, 2018 05:07:52 pm
      Seriously what a tw*t you are

We won 3 nil away to a tough opposition and maintain the unbeaten run and still on the heels of City and your response is to slate Henderson

Henderson today was unlucky with the first yellow but he played a nice today game in the deep role , nothing spectacular but doing what I have no doubt the manager expected him to do - his season has been stop start with niggling injuries and there is a long way to go - he will still be in the team when fit because the manager rates him.

Klopp rarely ā€œdropsā€ players - the squad is utilised through the season.
      I guess you think Hendo should start. I value your contribution. For your information I'm delighted we won, but I also wanted to know people's opinion here.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #6199: Nov 24, 2018 05:21:55 pm
      The game just finished go have a celebration beer,w*nk,cup of tea.... or all three.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #6200: Nov 24, 2018 05:34:12 pm
      I guess you think Hendo should start. I value your contribution. For your information I'm delighted we won, but I also wanted to know people's opinion here.

You wanted to know peopleā€™s opinions? More like you want to start a slag off Hendo fest...Itā€™s why I asked about you plussing the whole forum who let rip at the red card..

Granted we were all frustrated with the red but thankfully we were 2 up & saw out the game..Enjoy the result & leave the slagging off for tomorrow..
      « Last Edit: Nov 24, 2018 05:48:10 pm by Shabs »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6201: Nov 24, 2018 05:55:11 pm
      You wanted to know peopleā€™s opinions? More like you want to start a slag of Hendo fest...Itā€™s why I asked about you plus sing the whole forum who let rip at the red card..

Granted we were all frustrated with the red but thankfully we were 2 up & saw out the game..Enjoy the result & leave the slagging off for tomorrow..

Sorry to just pick out one bit Shabs.
      I watched and recorded the match using acestream, and have gone back to look at a few incidents.
      Watford players committed the same kind of fouls as Henderson all match long, and yet didn't even get a talking to.
      The only time the ref had a word, was when one of their players (for the 4th or 5th time) ran off with the ball again to stop us taking a quick free kick.
      They used some pretty shithouse tactics to try and contain us (several fouls when we were breaking, around the halfway line) and running off with the ball so they could get organised.

So with that in mind, I don't blame Henderson too much, because I don't think any of his fouls were worth a yellow, in the context of the fouls Watford continually got away with, added together with a couple of really ugly dives which should have seen bookings for Watford players.

It looked to me like the ref targeted Henderson, and was dead set on sending him off.

The other side of that, is that Henderson has enough experience to know better than to get involved, and to keep a cool head.
      In that regard, he let himself down, as well as his teammates.

I understand his frustration, but he's been around long enough to know better.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #6202: Nov 24, 2018 07:54:41 pm
      Henderson is just a bad player in this squad. He's just there to be...there. He does safe passes all the way, no drive, no tries to make something happen. Fabinho > Henderson.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #6203: Nov 24, 2018 08:05:49 pm
      Bit like you.....here.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #6204: Nov 24, 2018 08:20:23 pm
      Red card will probably do him some good, we've seen it a few times where he seems to lose it for 10 minutes and there's no calming him down. All the shouting at the ref would have contributed to the sending off and tbh I thought Klopp should have got him straight off after the last spat with the ref but 2 minutes later he was off anyway. He is the Skipper so he should be the one calming things down and leading by example.

As for his performance up until that point I thought he competed well and was solid as ever. As for the push for Fabinho to start, I actually think the Brazilian is a little bit of a liability myself, he looks alright when he has all the time in the world against the bus parkers but when it's congested in midfield he's got errors in him.   
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6205: Nov 24, 2018 09:42:17 pm
      Red card will probably do him some good, we've seen it a few times where he seems to lose it for 10 minutes and there's no calming him down.   
      I actually have a concern, the red card might make him less confident to get stuck in when he needs to. Hendo is a player where confidence doesn't just come naturally.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6206: Nov 24, 2018 09:50:35 pm
      I feel Klopp is as much to blame as Hendo, yes Hendo was an idiot but Klopp should have taken him off the second he finished mouthing off to the Ref.

Could see it coming a mile away, now he misses one of the most important games of the Season.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #6207: Nov 25, 2018 12:14:07 am
      Strangely refreshing to see a LFC player get a red. Hendo just decided those 2 players werenā€™t getting past him. Pity heā€™ll miss the derby but means he can leave it all on the pitch in midweek
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6208: Nov 25, 2018 12:43:59 am
      I feel Klopp is as much to blame as Hendo, yes Hendo was an idiot but Klopp should have taken him off the second he finished mouthing off to the Ref.

Could see it coming a mile away, now he misses one of the most important games of the Season.

I think he said the sub was planned but didn't come quick enough
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6209: Nov 25, 2018 12:56:20 am
      I think he said the sub was planned but didn't come quick enough

Oh ok mate, thought there was plenty of time in between Hendo mouthing off and being sent off.

I was very stoned at 3.30 am though mate.  :D

Quick Reply