Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 731381 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6348: Nov 29, 2018 05:26:48 pm
      If he didn't wear the armband people wouldn't have as much an issue with him.

Because he succeeded Stevie, people expect a player of the same quality as captain and he gets compared to him.

He is a decent player no more. Has his strengths and faults but he needs to braver and try pass forward more. That is there for everyone to see.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6349: Nov 29, 2018 06:07:47 pm
      If he didn't wear the armband people wouldn't have as much an issue with him.

Because he succeeded Stevie, people expect a player of the same quality as captain and he gets compared to him.

He is a decent player no more. Has his strengths and faults but he needs to braver and try pass forward more. That is there for everyone to see.

That isn't his job mate.

Do you really think Klopp would have him in the team if he went on to the pitch and just did his own thing?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 487 
      Reply #6350: Nov 29, 2018 06:53:33 pm
      That isn't his job mate.

Do you really think Klopp would have him in the team if he went on to the pitch and just did his own thing?

When Fabinho played in Henderson's position, he was passing forward at most of the opportunities. You can't really hide his technical limitations with "not his job" arguement.

JD posted this.

https://twitter.com/charlie__farley/status/1067881251175104512

And it's just one snippet of the game. There were plenty more when he just back passed.

You can't really say Klopp told him to do this.  And not to say he seemed so slow in the game too.

« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2018 07:00:29 pm by Gill95 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #6351: Nov 29, 2018 06:58:10 pm
      When Fabinho played in Henderson's position, he was passing forward at most of the opportunities. You can't really hide his technical limitations with "not his job" arguement.

Funny that isn’t it, different players in the same role doing different things!

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #6352: Nov 29, 2018 06:59:45 pm
      Hendo is too negative to even play DM.

He makes Matic look creative for crying out loud.

I woukd actually prefer if Hendo played further up the pitch when he does he actually creates some good chances.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #6353: Nov 29, 2018 07:00:57 pm
      That isn't his job mate.

But in the short cameos we've seen of Fabinho in the same position you can see a clear difference between him and Hendo.

He plays a lot more forward balls and is involved in the play a lot further up too.

So why would he instruct two players playing the same role to do pretty much the complete opposite?

Do you think he says to Hendo you stay back as much as possible and when you get the ball recycle it back to the defence.

Then says to Fabinho you get forward and play the ball forward when you get the chance.

Even Gini was much more positive earlier in the season when he played the DM role brilliantly.

I just don't get why two would have more freedom, even though they could just as easily play the backward pass and recycle possession and one would be instructed to play it safe 90% of the time.

And no you smartarses I can't ask Klopp.

Just wondering if any of you had any insight.

Edit: please don't try to say it's because of different opposition because Hendo does the same every game and Fabinho and Gini did in each of their games.

Double edit: If like someone else above said you are going to say different players playing a different role in the same position...

Why would Henderson be restricted to mainly playing it safe every game while the other two are allowed to be adventurous?
      « Last Edit: Nov 29, 2018 07:16:24 pm by LFCSTEVE1984 »
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #6354: Nov 29, 2018 07:09:40 pm

JD posted this.

https://twitter.com/charlie__farley/status/1067881251175104512

And it's just one snippet of the game. There were plenty more when he just back passed.

You can't really say Klopp told him to do this.  And not to say he seemed so slow in the game too.

b***ard you beat me to it haha
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #6355: Nov 29, 2018 07:10:53 pm
      His favourite artist is Alicia Keys. That's how boring he is. I'm avoiding this thread like the plague.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #6356: Nov 29, 2018 07:16:02 pm
      Looking at Henderson’s passing heat map you can see he heavily favours passing to his left, which makes sense as he is only comfortable with the inside sole pass.

So that vertical pass is probably something he would avoid unless he uses the outside of his foot, something I have never seen him use.

So maybe there is a reason why he didn’t attempt the pass.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6357: Nov 29, 2018 07:16:45 pm
      Trying to +1 comments here but Karma won't work. Seems bugged. Anybody else having that problem?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #6358: Nov 29, 2018 07:21:18 pm
      Trying to +1 comments here but Karma won't work. Seems bugged. Anybody else having that problem?

Nope
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6359: Nov 29, 2018 07:31:50 pm
      But in the short cameos we've seen of Fabinho in the same position you can see a clear difference between him and Hendo.

He plays a lot more forward balls and is involved in the play a lot further up too.

So why would he instruct two players playing the same role to do pretty much the complete opposite?

Do you think he says to Hendo you stay back as much as possible and when you get the ball recycle it back to the defence.

Then says to Fabinho you get forward and play the ball forward when you get the chance.

Even Gini was much more positive earlier in the season when he played the DM role brilliantly.

I just don't get why two would have more freedom, even though they could just as easily play the backward pass and recycle possession and one would be instructed to play it safe 90% of the time.

And no you smartarses I can't ask Klopp.

Just wondering if any of you had any insight.

Edit: please don't try to say it's because of different opposition because Hendo does the same every game and Fabinho and Gini did in each of their games.

Double edit: If like someone else above said you are going to say different players playing a different role in the same position...

Why would Henderson be restricted to mainly playing it safe every game while the other two are allowed to be adventurous?

He hasn't played a lone 6 (ish) role yet.
      He's either played in a double 6 or with Wijnaldum behind him.

He replaced Can, so expect him to play the same position further up that Can first played, before dropping to 6 when he is properly bedded in.

Do you guys honestly think that Henderson rocks up on matchday and just does his own thing?

Henderson's job is to screen the 2 CB's, play the 1st volante (to the left of the 2 CB's) recycle the ball, call the press, reset the attacking formation, draw the opposition out, and keep things ticking over.

If he was playing the 8 (ish) I could understand the grief he gets, but as I said before, it's like people expect him to do every midfield job, and that's not what he's there for.

We work the ball left because that's our main axis of attack with Robertson, Mane and Firmino supporting, if Henderson is on the right, Milner tucks in behind the FB to protect.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 528 
      Reply #6360: Nov 29, 2018 07:31:52 pm
      Looking at Henderson’s passing heat map you can see he heavily favours passing to his left, which makes sense as he is only comfortable with the inside sole pass.

So that vertical pass is probably something he would avoid unless he uses the outside of his foot, something I have never seen him use.

So maybe there is a reason why he didn’t attempt the pass.

Yeah Henderson always wants to play that hooked pass with the inside of his foot. I do think it is a limitation of his game that he is reluctant to play a straight, flat pass, never mind an outside of the foot one. He is very accurate with that hook pass, can hit some really nice ones, but I would like to see him vary his technique a bit.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6361: Nov 29, 2018 07:35:41 pm
      Yeah Henderson always wants to play that hooked pass with the inside of his foot. I do think it is a limitation of his game that he is reluctant to play a straight, flat pass, never mind an outside of the foot one. He is very accurate with that hook pass, can hit some really nice ones, but I would like to see him vary his technique a bit.

He lines up to the left of the 2 CB's most of the time, because of how we use the left as an axis of attack, so it's entirely natural for him to pass the way he does.

Honestly, the idea that he can't play a flat pass or use the outside of his foot is ridiculous.
      I've seen him do it hundreds of times.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 528 
      Reply #6362: Nov 29, 2018 07:49:17 pm
      He lines up to the left of the 2 CB's most of the time, because of how we use the left as an axis of attack, so it's entirely natural for him to pass the way he does.

Honestly, the idea that he can't play a flat pass or use the outside of his foot is ridiculous.
      I've seen him do it hundreds of times.

I'm not saying he can't do it, just that he favours the hook pass too much. I've always thought that about him. I still think he is a good player and am happy with him as a starter - just saying a bit more variation in his passing and he would be better.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #6363: Nov 29, 2018 08:09:09 pm
      Well well the sh*t you read , does he get too much stick probably , but to say he’s not there to create or get the ball moving forward is bollox , I’d like to read the extract where Klopp states it’s not his job to do it  is a very average midfielder but that’s just my opinion ,
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6364: Nov 29, 2018 08:13:13 pm
      Well well the sh*t you read , does he get too much stick probably , but to say he’s not there to create or get the ball moving forward is bollox , I’d like to read the extract where Klopp states it’s not his job to do it  is a very average midfielder but that’s just my opinion ,

Did Masch create?

Did Hamman?

No, they have a very specific job to do.

But whatever, believe what you like, all you're doing is showing you haven't got a scooby what the position entails.

Yes, Klopp would keep him as captain and constantly sing his praises for not doing exactly what he wants him to do.  :roll:
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #6365: Nov 29, 2018 08:24:01 pm
      He needs to get rid of him . He is not good enough for lfc
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #6366: Nov 29, 2018 08:26:55 pm
      Did Masch create?

Did Hamman?

No, they have a very specific job to do.

But whatever, believe what you like, all you're doing is showing you haven't got a scooby what the position entails.

Yes, Klopp would keep him as captain and constantly sing his praises for not doing exactly what he wants him to do.  :roll:

But if that's the case and he is following Klopps instructions.

Does that mean Gini and Fabinho were told to be more attack minded when playing the exact same position?

If so, why do you think Henderson is instructed not to, could it be that Klopp doesn't rate his creative abilities?

Edit: I'm not even that arsed that he doesn't create much it isn't really his job.

What pisses me off about him is that he very rarely even passes to the attackers to allow them to create.

Many times he adds an unnecessary pass into a build up.

That tweet a page or two back illustrates it perfectly.

He will receive the ball with an attacking option and defensive option.

He will then usually pass to the defensive option who will then pass to the offensive option Henderson should have passed to in the first place.
      « Last Edit: Nov 29, 2018 08:39:29 pm by LFCSTEVE1984 »
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #6367: Nov 29, 2018 08:29:06 pm
      Didi and mash where 10 times the player hendo is
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6368: Nov 29, 2018 08:33:04 pm
      But if that's the case and he is following Klopps instructions.

Does that mean Gini and Fabinho were told to be more attack minded when playing the exact same position?

If so, why do you think Henderson is instructed not to, could it be that Klopp doesn't rate his creative abilities?

I've already answered this question.

In fact I'm so bored shitless with explaining basic systems and principles of football to people who simply don't understand or want to understand that I seriously can't be arsed anymore.

Yeah, Henderson goes on the pitch every week and does his own thing, ignores all instructions, just generally faffs about and is completely ineffective, which is why one of the best managers in world football keeps him as his captain, and calls him his "general".
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #6369: Nov 29, 2018 08:35:20 pm
      I've already answered this question.

In fact I'm so bored shitless with explaining basic systems and principles of football to people who simply don't understand or want to understand that I seriously can't be arsed anymore.

Yeah, Henderson goes on the pitch every week and does his own thing, ignores all instructions, just generally faffs about and is completely ineffective, which is why one of the best managers in world football keeps him as his captain, and calls him his "general".
      [/quote
      It's just to save face . He will not be a Liverpool player next season
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #6370: Nov 29, 2018 08:35:55 pm
      He is sh*te

Quick Reply