Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720048 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6624: Dec 30, 2018 08:45:27 am
      He's not a leader but he leads by example. He's a very good professional! He matured in a good player.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6625: Jan 04, 2019 11:16:11 am
      How did Henderson positively or negatively affect yesterday's game?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #6626: Jan 04, 2019 03:16:02 pm
      Fair play, Jordan threw a Christmas party at Anfield for disabled and under privileged children paid for out of his own pocket.
      Well in lad.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #6627: Jan 04, 2019 11:29:50 pm
      How did Henderson positively or negatively affect yesterday's game?

On a night when quite a few of our players were sloppy in possession, including his midfield partners,  he wasn't. Only Andy Robertson made more successful tackles, played a great through ball, hit a few decent long backs, covered the back line well and was part of a midfield that made David Silva have the quietest game I've ever seen him have.  Think he even made a clearance as well.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #6628: Jan 04, 2019 11:34:21 pm
      On a night when quite a few of our players were sloppy in possession, including his midfield partners,  he wasn't. Only Andy Robertson made more successful tackles, played a great through ball, hit a few decent long backs, covered the back line well and was part of a midfield that made David Silva have the quietest game I've ever seen him have.  Think he even made a clearance as well.

In a high quality game - he was excellent.

Only behind Robbo and (at a push) VVD on the night for me.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #6629: Jan 04, 2019 11:40:50 pm

Was he excellent?

He played virtually the same role as Fernandinho who single handily destroyed our midfield - ok maybe a bit of a over exaggeration.

Two midfielders who were excellent last night were Bernardo Silva and Fernandinho.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #6630: Jan 04, 2019 11:41:00 pm

Same thoughts here, best of the six midfielders, from both sides, that started last night as well.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #6631: Jan 04, 2019 11:43:14 pm
      Was he excellent?

He played virtually the same role as Fernandinho who single handily destroyed our midfield - ok maybe a bit of a over exaggeration.

Two midfielders who were excellent last night were Bernardo Silva and Fernandinho.

Yes. He was terrific.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6632: Jan 04, 2019 11:49:53 pm

He was good, no doubt about it in my mind.

His reading of the game is top notch, then there's his pace, aggression, passing, leadership and organisation, not to mention his stamina.
      He was constantly chatting to his team, geeing them up, pointing where they should be, and having a shout when needed.

A captains performance.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #6633: Jan 04, 2019 11:54:30 pm
      He was good, no doubt about it in my mind.

His reading of the game is top notch, then there's his pace, aggression, passing, leadership and organisation, not to mention his stamina.
      He was constantly chatting to his team, geeing them up, pointing where they should be, and having a shout when needed.

A captains performance.

Really?

I thought Fernandinho was better than him to be honest. He did everything Henderson did and more.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6634: Jan 05, 2019 12:09:29 am
      Really?

I thought Fernandinho was better than him to be honest. He did everything Henderson did and more.

Fernandinho had an excellent game as well, but Henderson and him are in slightly different roles.

I think of Fernandinho as a springboard, with Henderson more of a steering wheel, in the Volante mould.

I said in the pre game thread that to win it, we had to have someone sit on Fernandinho, get right up in his face and rush him.
      Milner tried to do it, but he was bypassed too easily, and by the time the subs were made, they were sitting deeper, so it became a moot point.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #6635: Jan 05, 2019 12:14:02 am
      Fernandinho had an excellent game as well, but Henderson and him are in slightly different roles.

I think of Fernandinho as a springboard, with Henderson more of a steering wheel, in the Volante mould.

I said in the pre game thread that to win it, we had to have someone sit on Fernandinho, get right up in his face and rush him.
      Milner tried to do it, but he was bypassed too easily, and by the time the subs were made, they were sitting deeper, so it became a moot point.

Fernandinho gave Hendo and Gini a lesson
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #6636: Jan 05, 2019 12:15:42 am

Your default Swab “they played slightly different roles” - at your age one would have thought you would act your age have the humility to admit one if not two of the opposition midfielders were better than Henderson.

Doesn’t make you a lesser Red!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6637: Jan 05, 2019 12:32:05 am
      Your default Swab “they played slightly different roles” - at your age one would have thought you would act your age have the humility to admit one if not two of the opposition midfielders were better than Henderson.

Doesn’t make you a lesser Red!

Blimey, you just can't help being a tit, can you.

I said Fernandinho was excellent.

If you can't see they were playing different roles, that's entirely your problem.

I do love the way you guys can't wait to slag off our captain just because you have a hard on for Fabinho.
      It's not a great look.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #6638: Jan 05, 2019 12:41:43 am
      Blimey, you just can't help being a tit, can you.

I said Fernandinho was excellent.

If you can't see they were playing different roles, that's entirely your problem.

I do love the way you guys can't wait to slag off our captain just because you have a hard on for Fabinho.
      It's not a great look.

Apart from a couple of the usual plonkers slating Henderson who should be ignored no one has slated Henderson.

It’s the Henderson was fantastic which would make most posters eyes pop, but eh opinions.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #6639: Jan 05, 2019 01:12:31 am
      Fernandinho gave Hendo and Gini a lesson

He played a different position to them how is that not clear to anybody?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6640: Jan 05, 2019 01:57:45 am
      Following scores for Henderson against City;

Guardian: 6
      This is anfield: 7
      Liverpool Echo: 7
      Daily Mail: 6
      Mirror: 7

Seems he was around in the middle compared to our other players according to tabloids, the range was 2-9. One paper gave Lovren a 2. Never seen a 2 before.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #6641: Jan 05, 2019 02:02:11 am
      Following scores for Henderson against City;

Guardian: 6
      This is anfield: 7
      Liverpool Echo: 7
      Daily Mail: 6
      Mirror: 7

Seems he was around in the middle compared to our other players according to tabloids, the range was 2-9. One paper gave Lovren a 2. Never seen a 2 before.

Who got a 9? and This is Anfield is basically just another forum, so any clown could write them up
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #6642: Jan 05, 2019 02:03:43 am
      Fernandinho was invisible to me other than his fouling.

Silva was a nuisance but nothing over the top. I’d have neither of them ahead of Gini.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6643: Jan 05, 2019 02:08:39 am
      Who got a 9? and This is Anfield is basically just another forum, so any clown could write them up
      Think it was Van Dijk.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6644: Jan 05, 2019 03:36:54 am
      Fernandinho was invisible to me other than his fouling.

Silva was a nuisance but nothing over the top. I’d have neither of them ahead of Gini.

Fernandinho for all the hype about his performance, lost the ball more than any other player on the pitch. Read earlier that he lost the ball with 34% of his touches.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6645: Jan 05, 2019 09:58:40 am
      Fernandinho is good at persistent niggling fouls, breaking up play and fitness levels. Is cute enough to avoid yellows somehow.
      Tbh wouldn't mind seeing Hendo leave the foot in more often,  Fab seems to have a bit more of that in his game.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6646: Jan 05, 2019 12:20:39 pm
      Apart from a couple of the usual plonkers slating Henderson who should be ignored no one has slated Henderson.

It’s the Henderson was fantastic which would make most posters eyes pop, but eh opinions.

And yet I didn't say he "was fantastic".
      I said he had a good game, and he did.
      It was even more apparent when watching it back, just how much he stifled city, and how much danger he snuffed out before it got going.

Quick Reply