Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720448 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6670: Jan 19, 2019 11:44:06 pm
      I think it should have been Hendo as he was mainly on the right? Usually it is Wijnaldum covering TAA when he is on the right in a double 6.

Anyway, I only just noticed this when watching MOTD (2nd time I seen the goal), but I thought it was a huge mistake by Hendo for the first goal, but overall, I thought he, along with Fabinho were our best players, though I still think Wijnaldum and Fabinho is our best partnership!

Yeah our Deepest midfielders knowing Milners lack of pace should really have given him better protection.

Although Gini is our least creative midfielder he does the stuff like above better than any other player.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #6671: Jan 20, 2019 01:22:12 am
      Very good performance today man of the match for me.   I hope he can keep this consistency which he has struggled for the last couple of seasons.   He needs to stay fit and keep this good form up.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #6672: Jan 20, 2019 03:32:24 am
      Proper captains performance well done Jordan lad.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6673: Jan 20, 2019 05:00:29 am
      Very good performance today man of the match for me.   I hope he can keep this consistency which he has struggled for the last couple of seasons.   He needs to stay fit and keep this good form up.

And not get suspended in the last few games!!!!

Voted him my MOTM as well.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #6674: Jan 20, 2019 07:54:51 am
      He wants to win it. His determination was excellent like his passes.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #6675: Jan 20, 2019 07:58:07 am
      General..
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #6676: Jan 20, 2019 05:07:48 pm
      Thought he had his best game for a while yesterday
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #6677: Jan 22, 2019 07:46:01 pm
      Yeah our Deepest midfielders knowing Milners lack of pace should really have given him better protection.

Although Gini is our least creative midfielder he does the stuff like above better than any other player.

I think Zaha would have skinned TAA and Clyne for that first goal (I think Gomez might have dealt with it) in a 1 on 1 if presented the same position. I think we had 6 of our lads in their final 3rd trying to nick the ball back before they wriggled out of it and released Zaha. The back four was totally exposed and no amount of midfield cover would have helped given the commitment to the press in that moment.

As for Henderson, I thought he had an excellent game. Can't remember who but one poster often asks "when if ever has Henderson put in a motm performance" and I think this game would certainly qualify.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #6678: Feb 08, 2019 02:34:14 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6679: Feb 08, 2019 02:57:30 pm
      So glad to see him back doing the job JĂźrgen see as critical to the team playing well.
       He is vastly experienced now and just what we need at this point with the run in just around the corner.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #6680: Feb 20, 2019 06:06:23 am
      Really surprised not much has been said about rhe way he played last night - outstanding , some of those balls he played last night were brilliant - add in the covering and the tackling and it was an excellent performance from him
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #6681: Feb 20, 2019 06:10:58 am
      Played well in the first half and no doubt was the pick of the lot but faded in the 2nd half like the rest of the team when Bayern decided to park the Bus and kill the game.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #6682: Feb 20, 2019 08:00:36 am
      Really surprised not much has been said about rhe way he played last night - outstanding , some of those balls he played last night were brilliant - add in the covering and the tackling and it was an excellent performance from him

Didn’t you read from the “expert” in the match thread mate?

He was Ok. Nothing special.

Unbelievable - priests and sugar mountains spring to mind.

All round midfielder last night. As accomplished a performance as we’ve seen in the middle all season.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #6683: Feb 20, 2019 04:28:04 pm
      Had one of if not his best game in a Liverpool shirt for me , hard for me to think of a better performance from him , proper captains performance .
      Let’s have a few more .
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #6684: Feb 20, 2019 07:05:43 pm
      He did have a game he cannot blame himself anything. Pretty close to 100% of what he can do. But he is not not good enough. He's a blue collar player just like Milner and Gini. We need a white collar player - be it Keita getting into shpae, Ox coming back or someone else (Fe...oh well  :roll:), guys that can influence the offense from the midfield. Jordan had one long vertical ball to Salah. That was awesome but we'd need more of that vertical stuff from him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6685: Feb 20, 2019 07:22:08 pm
      He did have a game he cannot blame himself anything. Pretty close to 100% of what he can do. But he is not not good enough. He's a blue collar player just like Milner and Gini. We need a white collar player - be it Keita getting into shpae, Ox coming back or someone else (Fe...oh well  :roll:), guys that can influence the offense from the midfield. Jordan had one long vertical ball to Salah. That was awesome but we'd need more of that vertical stuff from him.

He is good enough, and every team needs a blue collar player.

Another thing to take note, at 28, he has at least 3 seasons where he should be in his peak. So definitely a player worth keeping for a while!
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #6686: Feb 20, 2019 08:26:34 pm
      He is good enough, and every team needs a blue collar player.

I agree.

Another thing to take note, at 28, he has at least 3 seasons where he should be in his peak. So definitely a player worth keeping for a while!

I agree. But we'd need someone creative as well in midfield. Ox, Keita or some odd man from somewhere else.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6687: Feb 20, 2019 10:20:39 pm
      Another superb performance! Glad this one is being highlighted a little more than the others.

Think the Hendo, Gini and Naby midfield has some legs in it if Keita continues to improve.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #6688: Feb 21, 2019 01:03:05 am
      Best performance of Hendo in my recent memory.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #6689: Feb 24, 2019 05:02:25 pm
      Looked clueless admittedly so was Gini, which was my fear that those two find it very difficult to progress the ball forward to the front 3 when faced with a packed defence.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6690: Feb 24, 2019 05:11:06 pm
      Looked clueless admittedly so was Gini, which was my fear that those two find it very difficult to progress the ball forward to the front 3 when faced with a packed defence.

Take a step back and look at what that united midfield did against us and then say those two were clueless.

Absurd comment.

The front 3 got the ball plenty but did F**k all with it
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #6691: Feb 24, 2019 05:15:32 pm
      Take a step back and look at what that united midfield did against us and then say those two were clueless.

Absurd comment.

The front 3 got the ball plenty but did f**k all with it

How many chances did they create for the front 3 indeed how many times did they even get the ball forward.
      What I saw mostly was some sideways passing and then a long punt up to Salah or Mane.

I wonder sometimes if posters even watch the game!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #6692: Feb 24, 2019 05:22:11 pm
      How many chances did they create for the front 3 indeed how many times did they even get the ball forward.
      What I saw mostly was some sideways passing and then a long punt up to Salah or Mane.

I wonder sometimes if posters even watch the game!

I agree with your last statement

But aimed at yourself - to say he was clueless clearly shows lack of ability to watch the game , everything in front of him was limited , slow and zero touch but Henderson just kept going and going trying to prob all game long , played some great balls but poor quality from the three in front

Would have taken Fabinho off and put Keita on

Quick Reply