Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720356 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6877: Mar 27, 2019 09:43:51 am
      His pass for sterlings goal was a peach.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #6878: Apr 01, 2019 11:49:03 am
      As captain of this club going for the title in a must win game he turns in a shocker , perhaps it’s too much for him to shoulder?
      Expected better and he failed to deliver must do better lad .
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #6879: Apr 01, 2019 12:16:29 pm
      As captain of this club going for the title in a must win game he turns in a shocker , perhaps it’s too much for him to shoulder?

Wouldn't call it a shocker. Made a couple of poor passes but didn't go missing. He looked fatigued to me.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #6880: Apr 01, 2019 12:19:18 pm

First half was fine, I think what disappointed me in the second half was his ability to recover the ball was non-existent and that is something we can usually rely on when it comes to Hendo. Thought first half him and the other two were essential in getting our full backs as advances as they were which helped us grab a goal, but in the second half he looked lost at sea.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #6881: Apr 01, 2019 12:44:38 pm

Not just him the entire midfield yesterday were sh*te, to be honest its more an issue with that midfield combo as a whole rather than any of them individually.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #6882: Apr 01, 2019 01:09:57 pm
      First half was fine, I think what disappointed me in the second half was his ability to recover the ball was non-existent and that is something we can usually rely on when it comes to Hendo. Thought first half him and the other two were essential in getting our full backs as advances as they were which helped us grab a goal, but in the second half he looked lost at sea.

Yep I agree completely. He started really well, faded in the second half though and in my opinion, Milner and Gini didn't really provide much help either which in turn only highlighted how poor our midfield was yesterday. I think we got away with one playing those three together, personally would rather not see all three together anymore this season. I think we have better rotations especially with Adam back in the fold.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #6883: Apr 01, 2019 01:10:29 pm
      Not just him the entire midfield yesterday were sh*te, to be honest its more an issue with that midfield combo as a whole rather than any of them individually.

I agree they were all culpable and at that level in that type of game that’s not good enough ,when the team needed leadership and someone to get us going they were found wanting ,have to put it down to an off day and hope we don’t get any more in the last six ,
      Will say though us fans are going through the wringer the pressure even though they won’t say it has to be immense .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6884: Apr 01, 2019 01:13:33 pm
      Makes me wonder how much of his sh*te performance was down to the International games. He had a knock before them games, then Southgate said he wasn’t starting the second one because he was feeling the affects of a knock but he still played some part. Although this type of performance from him has happened on more than one occasion, I do slightly feel that the England games really haven’t helped his situation.

But when it matters most, he has once again shown that as captain, he’s nowhere to be seen.

The 3 of them were poor, none of them performed to a good standard but as captain, the spotlight will be more on him.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6885: Apr 02, 2019 09:39:48 am
      Makes me wonder how much of his sh*te performance was down to the International games. He had a knock before them games, then Southgate said he wasn’t starting the second one because he was feeling the affects of a knock but he still played some part. Although this type of performance from him has happened on more than one occasion, I do slightly feel that the England games really haven’t helped his situation.

But when it matters most, he has once again shown that as captain, he’s nowhere to be seen.

The 3 of them were poor, none of them performed to a good standard but as captain, the spotlight will be more on him.
      Henderson was a clown to give away a free kick so cheaply, they scored from that. I'm not sure it was fatigue, he just lost his head. Crazy from a captain at 1-0, that's probably why Klopp hooked him off.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #6886: Apr 02, 2019 09:55:15 am

I was disappointed in his performance to be honest. Wijnaldum and Milner weren’t great either.

Be interesting to see the team on Friday.

For me it should be:

Wijnaldum Fabinho Keita
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #6887: Apr 02, 2019 01:32:43 pm
      Henderson was a clown to give away a free kick so cheaply, they scored from that. I'm not sure it was fatigue, he just lost his head. Crazy from a captain at 1-0, that's probably why Klopp hooked him off.

That was not a free kick, you clown. Kane made a meal out of it (to no one's surprise) which the ref bought.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #6888: Apr 02, 2019 01:52:06 pm
      That was not a free kick, you clown. Kane made a meal out of it (to no one's surprise) which the ref bought.

The leeway English players get from the refs is F***ing shocking.

So much biased towards them it's a joke. If that was someone like Suarez or Costa there is no way they get that free kick.

Hendo's deffo could have blocked him for a few seconds though to let us get set up to defend.

But who gives a sh*t we won and it didn't cost us any points so Harry Kane can hopefully F**k off and enjoy Europa League footy next year.

I wouldn't mind him bagging a hat trick of dubious goals against city in the league though haha
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #6889: Apr 02, 2019 02:17:04 pm
      I was disappointed in his performance to be honest. Wijnaldum and Milner weren’t great either.

Be interesting to see the team on Friday.

For me it should be:

Wijnaldum Fabinho Keita

Swap Keita out for Lallana and I'll take it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #6890: Apr 02, 2019 04:00:16 pm
      The leeway English players get from the refs is f**king shocking.

So much biased towards them it's a joke. If that was someone like Suarez or Costa there is no way they get that free kick.

Hendo's deffo could have blocked him for a few seconds though to let us get set up to defend.

But who gives a sh*t we won and it didn't cost us any points so Harry Kane can hopefully f**k off and enjoy Europa League footy next year.

I wouldn't mind him bagging a hat trick of dubious goals against city in the league though haha

In all seriousness if Spurs play like they did in the second half against Citeh then I fancy them to get a result, remember that a lot of their players were a bit out of form, same as our lads, but if Erikson was a bit sharper etc then they really could have hurt us.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6891: Apr 02, 2019 06:24:46 pm
      The leeway English players get from the refs is f**king shocking.

But who gives a sh*t we won and it didn't cost us any points so Harry Kane can hopefully f**k off and enjoy Europa League footy next year.

Did you have to quote that bellend? I've already got him on ignore! Anyway, to reply to it, he should know Kane would go down. Henderson didn't anticipate that situation
      « Last Edit: Apr 02, 2019 06:29:25 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #6892: Apr 05, 2019 10:36:25 pm
      Well in kid. What a cameo.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6893: Apr 05, 2019 10:42:08 pm
      Hendo is playing in a role that curtails his attacking instincts he is doing the job Jürgen asks him to do. What people like me and others do is appreciate he is doing the job the manager asks him to do which is a role of incredible discipline. Guess what we are top of the league and in the CL last 8 so who am I to argue with that.
      « Last Edit: Apr 05, 2019 10:43:14 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6894: Apr 05, 2019 10:48:10 pm
      https://twitter.com/xxx/status/1114270376878596098

Wonder if we will see him in a slightly more advanced role in the coming games. He's proven before he knows how to find the net.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6895: Apr 05, 2019 11:20:21 pm
      https://twitter.com/xxx/status/1114270376878596098

Wonder if we will see him in a slightly more advanced role in the coming games. He's proven before he knows how to find the net.

13/14 Hendo vibes tonight :D
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #6896: Apr 06, 2019 01:33:11 am
      That celebration was pure passion ..enjoyed it!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #6897: Apr 06, 2019 05:00:56 am
      Had an assist for Mo's goal aswell didn't he?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #6898: Apr 06, 2019 05:41:32 am
      That’s our captain.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #6899: Apr 06, 2019 09:15:37 am
      General..