Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 719969 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6900: Apr 06, 2019 09:16:41 am
      Was excellent and really showed what it means to be a red .
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6901: Apr 06, 2019 10:14:36 am
      He's so intense! Loved that celebration though can see how much this means to him.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6902: Apr 06, 2019 11:08:13 am
      That's where Henderson should always play. I really never liked him in the DM role.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6903: Apr 06, 2019 11:23:36 am
      Had an assist for Mo's goal aswell didn't he?

That was the moment of the match for me.
      It would have been so easy to just head that clear, only for a Saints player to pick it up.
      Instead he played a headed pass for Salah, that was perfect in it's direction and weight.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #6904: Apr 06, 2019 01:09:32 pm
      F***ing love veg this kid..

Milner & Hendo is exactly what this team needs..
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #6905: Apr 06, 2019 01:26:04 pm
      Have wanted a return to his 13/14 position and influence.

Great cameo - I have watched his goal a few times now and just love the way he points to tell Bobby where to put the cross.  It was good seeing him interviewed after the game and showing him his celebration - it means so much to him.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #6906: Apr 09, 2019 11:05:05 pm
      Absolutely top drawer tonight.

I went for Naby - guided by my two lads in truth - but in truth it should’ve been this lad.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #6907: Apr 09, 2019 11:08:21 pm
      Absolutely top drawer tonight.

I went for Naby - guided by my two lads in truth - but in truth it should’ve been this lad.

You should never let the youngsters cloud your judgement mate.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6908: Apr 09, 2019 11:15:16 pm
      Think we finally found his best position on the park!

My MOTM tonight without a doubt.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6909: Apr 09, 2019 11:20:10 pm
      I said before, had Hendo carried on playing the 8 role he could have been on Rakitic levels in terms of influence, he could have been what Kante was to Leicester or De Bruyne is to City, but instead I never felt we got the best out of him when he played as our 6 because it was never to his strengths.

I think he is better without the ball than with and one of few players in world football that can dominate the game without the ball as an 8. At 28/29, I wonder if we can get 2-3 more peak seasons out of him playing the boxer role....
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6910: Apr 10, 2019 12:01:57 am
      More than a cameo tonight, put in a captains performance. In and out of the team - still, well done Jordan.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #6911: Apr 10, 2019 08:41:06 am
      Bit bizarre he’s been stuck as a holding player for 3 years. I always assumed it was a fitness reason why he was played there but apparently not. His energy and eye for a pass is exactly what we’ve been needing from that position puts into contrast what we’ve not been getting from Gini of late. Well in Jordan lad
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #6912: Apr 10, 2019 09:37:58 am

They cloud (dictate!) everything mate ;)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6913: Apr 10, 2019 11:16:40 am
      Basically now Fab is the main holding player, klopp can now free Hendo up, to play further forward.

All good & all that stuff.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6914: Apr 10, 2019 01:22:03 pm

And yet they always seem to.
      Little buggers  :laugh:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6915: Apr 10, 2019 06:13:13 pm
      Basically now Fab is the main holding player, klopp can now free Hendo up, to play further forward.

All good & all that stuff.
      Fab is better at number 6, Henderson is better at number 8 than number 6. It's a good change. I've complained a long time about Henderson at 6 costing us, Klopp fixed it now. I'm sure I'm not the only one who complained before the change.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6916: Apr 10, 2019 06:32:13 pm
      Fab is better at number 6, Henderson is better at number 8 than number 6. It's a good change. I've complained a long time about Henderson at 6 costing us, Klopp fixed it now. I'm sure I'm not the only one who complained before the change.

Bollocks, you've spent most of your time saying "he's sh*te" and moronic posts like "I never want to see him in a Liverpool shirt again".

backtracking isn't going to get you any more attention than wumming.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6917: Apr 10, 2019 07:21:50 pm

You never really specified the 6 part if I recall.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6918: Apr 10, 2019 07:26:14 pm
      You never really specified the 6 part if I recall.

let him stew on his on bile. Turning against your own player is just disgusting in my opinion. Its never been constructive criticism from him its just noise. Then you get the ones who got a tactics book for Christmas talking about pivots etc I wonder what page of the book had Mo running back to left back and making a tackle.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6919: Apr 10, 2019 07:44:39 pm
      Bollocks, you've spent most of your time saying "he's sh*te" and moronic posts like "I never want to see him in a Liverpool shirt again".

backtracking isn't going to get you any more attention than wumming.
      He's not a good DM, I didn't want him at Liverpool at times. I'm not backtracking. At number 8 he's shown he can be more than average, it's a good job because he wasn't good enough at DM. If my opinion offends you, don't care. Grow up. No doubt Walton has posted some abuse, good I got that illiterate cretin on ignore.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6920: Apr 10, 2019 11:57:51 pm
      Jordan Henderson explains Jürgen Klopp's thinking behind his Liverpool midfield move and why Fabinho has been key
      Captain Jordan Henderson says his burning desire to contribute more to Liverpool's pursuit of a dream double led to him asking Jürgen Klopp to consider changing his role.

The long-serving Reds midfielder revealed that he held talks with his manager prior to last week's trip to Southampton about the prospect of playing further forward.

Henderson has been largely used as a holding midfielder during Klopp's reign, but having shone in an advanced position for England last month he felt that the time was right to be let off the leash on club duty.

Klopp agreed and Henderson's response has been emphatic. There was a goal and an assist after coming off the bench in the victory at St Mary's and then he was a creative force throughout Tuesday's Champions League quarter-final first leg win over Porto at Anfield.

“Me and the gaffer just had a conversation,” Henderson said.

“I don't think the manager had thought about it too much until I mentioned it to him. It was something that he said he would think about.

“The manager might not have seen me in that position too much. Obviously he'd seen the England games, I felt good in the England games playing in that position.

“I felt more comfortable and natural in that position, creating chances further up and doing what I enjoy doing. At the same time when I played No.6, I felt I’ve learned that position really well and if I need to play there I can do a job there.

“I can do both positions and he sees that I can do both. It’s basically about what he wants and needs from the team. In certain games he might want me to play deeper.

“For me as a captain and as a player at this football club, I always put the team first. I do whatever the manager tells me to do really.

“But when we had the conversation I felt that I could speak my mind. I want to contribute as much as I can to the team. I feel as though I can do that more in a further forward position.”

The 28-year-old, who played in an attacking role during his early years at Anfield, was reinvented as a holding midfielder by Klopp and has effectively sacrificed himself for the side in recent seasons.

However, he believes the growing influence of Fabinho as a shield in front of the back four this term has led to Liverpool being less reliant on his defensive qualities.

The £40million Brazil international has now firmly established himself in Klopp's side after a slow start following his move from Monaco last summer.

“In the last couple of years there hasn't really been a player like Fabinho in that role so I've had to adapt to it,” Henderson said.

“I think I've done quite well. I think if you look at Fab, it's quite natural to him. That's his position and he's so good at what you need to do in that position.

“I just thought that might give me a bit more licence to get forward more at times but you never know. The manager wants me in both positions which is good for me and for the team.”

Henderson has certainly looked energised by the shackles coming off. It was his perfectly weighted pass which helped create the second goal for Roberto Firmino against Porto.

he skipper provided a number of other quality deliveries, including the cross which Sadio Mane converted, only for an offside flag to curtail the celebrations.

His all-action display, reminiscent of the performances he served up in Liverpool's last title challenge in 2013/14, was such that Klopp jokingly apologised for previously playing him in the wrong position for the past 18 months.

Henderson added: “If that’s come up that's a good thing I suppose!

“I’ve obviously enjoyed playing in that role, I played it when I first came but for a couple of years I’ve played in a deeper role.

“I still feel that I adapted well. It’s another string to my bow that I can play both. I’m enjoying just playing and trying to contribute higher up the pitch in the final third.

“When I first came I played right wing but I felt as though that when I was at my best and playing well I was playing further forward in that No.8 position.

“I was sort of a box-to-box midfielder when the manager first came. In the last couple of years I’ve adapted well to being a No.6 and I can do that as well.

“It’s just whatever the manager wants me to do and what the team needs me to do. When I play the deeper position my role changes and I try to do different things and I can’t effect it as much in the final third.

“But against Porto and in the last game, when I play in that position, I feel as though I can make a difference going forward as well.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-captain-jordan-henderson-explains-16110267.amp?__twitter_impression=true

If Hendo settles back in that 8 role and plays similar or higher to that exceptional level he showed in 13/14 season, I think it could shift our team to another gear.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #6921: Apr 11, 2019 05:19:32 pm
      IMO, regarding Henderson it's not much where he start (position) that matter but it's how he play. Almost all of criticism toward him cause by his backward/sideways passes, by himself or by instruction that's another matter but recently in games we saw Hendo play much better there is no more such kind of passes.

Again it's just my opinion.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #6922: Apr 11, 2019 06:07:58 pm
      IMO, regarding Henderson it's not much where he start (position) that matter but it's how he play. Almost all of criticism toward him cause by his backward/sideways passes, by himself or by instruction that's another matter but recently in games we saw Hendo play much better there is no more such kind of passes.

Again it's just my opinion.

Well yea...if he's playing more defensive/holding position he's going to make more sideways/backwards passes, if he's playing more an attacking role, his passing should be more direct. I think that's exactly what he's trying to explain. Not sure what people don't get about that. He has basically said (as has Klopp) that his style of play is what it is because that's what Klopp has wanted him out of him. Now it has changed and what do you know...he can actually be more positive when the boss wants (lets) him to be.

Quick Reply