Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 719946 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6923: Apr 11, 2019 08:20:35 pm
      Well yea...if he's playing more defensive/holding position he's going to make more sideways/backwards passes, if he's playing more an attacking role, his passing should be more direct. I think that's exactly what he's trying to explain. Not sure what people don't get about that. He has basically said (as has Klopp) that his style of play is what it is because that's what Klopp has wanted him out of him. Now it has changed and what do you know...he can actually be more positive when the boss wants (lets) him to be.

Nearly a decade of being way too safe when playing deep. When playing for Sunderland(?), England U21's in the Euro's under S.Pearce, Rodgers, Southgate and now Klopp; maybe the managers know his limitations and his style of play as a 6 and know not to push him too much in playing a more positive footballing game?

No way can he distribute like a Fabinho or Alonso, nor will we see Alonso distribute like Jorginho or Jorginho like Gerrard or Gerrard like Busquets etc etc. It is what it is, every player has limitations and their own style of play.

As for seeing Hendo playing positive now, you have to take into account he is playing as an 8 rather than 6, and him doing what he is doing now as an 8 has less emphasis on the ball than 6.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6924: Apr 12, 2019 12:14:54 pm
      Nearly a decade of being way too safe when playing deep. When playing for Sunderland(?), England U21's in the Euro's under S.Pearce, Rodgers, Southgate and now Klopp; maybe the managers know his limitations and his style of play as a 6 and know not to push him too much in playing a more positive footballing game?

No way can he distribute like a Fabinho or Alonso, nor will we see Alonso distribute like Jorginho or Jorginho like Gerrard or Gerrard like Busquets etc etc. It is what it is, every player has limitations and their own style of play.

As for seeing Hendo playing positive now, you have to take into account he is playing as an 8 rather than 6, and him doing what he is doing now as an 8 has less emphasis on the ball than 6.

What a load of sh*te.

If he was "limited" he'd have been out the door years ago.

The fact is, he's a fine player, and you don't seem to be able to handle that fact or even grasp what he does.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #6925: Apr 12, 2019 01:54:49 pm

If he was "limited" he'd have been out the door years ago.
      Like who? Mignolet?  or Markovic? or Moreno?

The fact is, he's a fine player, and you don't seem to be able to handle that fact or even grasp what he does.
      Yes Henderson is a good player but he has limit in some area of his game, like every player in the world.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6926: Apr 12, 2019 02:00:56 pm

Did any of them play under Dalglish, Rodgers and Klopp, not to mention various international managers?
      Were any of them captain?
      Were any of them international captains?

It's a false comparison, as I think you well know.

The fact is that this is a stupid argument if you understand what he does on the pitch, and how Klopp sets the team up.

3 F***ing years it's taken for people to understand that we don't set up with attacking midfielders, apart from 1, sometimes.
      Against Porto, we set up with 2, and we were wide open, but that was mostly because Robertson was out.

If you want to understand our systems, just look at how many assists the fullbacks have.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6927: Apr 12, 2019 04:42:46 pm
      Yes Henderson is a good player but he has limit in some area of his game, like every player in the world.

Comparing Henderson to Mignolet, Markovic and Moreno is a microcosm of all that's wrong with a lot of negative views on Henderson
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #6928: Apr 12, 2019 07:30:36 pm
      Comparing Henderson to Mignolet, Markovic and Moreno is a microcosm of all that's wrong with a lot of negative views on Henderson

I'm not compare those players. I'm already said Hendo is a good player and can't remember mention him a sh*t or anything like that. But Swab said 'If he was "limited" he'd have been out the door years ago' so I mention those player such as Mignolet etc who definitely not better player to Hendo but they still playing for our club. Just want to point that player with "limited" can play in any team because "limited" is not "disability".     
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #6929: Apr 12, 2019 11:52:34 pm
      I'm not compare those players. I'm already said Hendo is a good player and can't remember mention him a sh*t or anything like that. But Swab said 'If he was "limited" he'd have been out the door years ago' so I mention those player such as Mignolet etc who definitely not better player to Hendo but they still playing for our club. Just want to point that player with "limited" can play in any team because "limited" is not "disability".     

Ignore the old man mate he gets very aggressive if you don’t understand his interpretation of how Liverpool set up.

I wonder what Ox did last year or maybe the reason why Klopp wanted Fekir so badly.

Having different angles of attack are so much more effective than the predicted lines of attack as seen by Henderson joining the attack recently.

There is no such thing as our attack is based on our full backs, it just happens that they have been asked to contribute more without Ox or a Fekir type attacking mid.
      They are as important as the City full backs but just happen to be better as they are compensating for our midfield.

Kloppo is very pragmatic and will adapt to what is available but he knows long term we need more from midfield.

« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2019 12:11:18 am by HScRed1 »
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #6930: Apr 13, 2019 09:34:20 am

Do you mean me? I’m 28 😂. Granted I hurt my back golfing last week but not over the hill just yet ;)
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #6931: Apr 13, 2019 09:34:54 am

There’s a difference between limited and sh*te though
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #6932: Apr 13, 2019 10:34:10 am
      There’s a difference between limited and sh*te though

The reality is there are very few sh*te players in the prem they may not be to everyone’s liking, but their far more talented than the average ball kicker in your local league .
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #6933: Apr 13, 2019 10:45:06 am
      The reality is there are very few sh*te players in the prem they may not be to everyone’s liking, but their far more talented than the average ball kicker in your local league .

There are no 'sh*te' players in any kind of league football. There are lots of players out of their depth though.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6934: Apr 13, 2019 12:16:19 pm

Mignolet, Markovic and Moreno wasn't it?

Mignolet is on his way out unless he is happy warming the bench. OK, people were a bit pissed off that we took so long to upgrade him, but we eventually did, so no worries. He's still better than most 'keepers out there. The prem being the pinnacle of a very large structure of organised professional sport, if you add up the number of 'keepers who are professional players, Mignolet is (at a minimum) in the top 5%
      Markovic has barely worn the shirt, but he has bags of talent. His problem seems to be one of application.
      Moreno is a fantastic footballer, but he's not a good defender at this level. Stick him in a Spanish team and I guarantee people will be saying "why couldn't he play like that for us".

The fact is, we don't have any players who are "limited", except insofar as we wouldn't put Firmino at CB.
      It's a fallacy put about by people who don't understand professional sport, and were brought up on Sky having loads of close ups, replays, and slow motion.
      You can't judge a player by a slow motion replay.
      You have to view it in real time, as managers do, as players do, as refs do etc etc
      Once you understand just how quick, agile, skillful and powerful these guys are you can see just how far above "limited" all of them are.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6935: Apr 13, 2019 12:57:40 pm
      Do you mean me? I’m 28 😂. Granted I hurt my back golfing last week but not over the hill just yet ;)

He wasn't referring to you, Mags.

As for skolRED's post, I think you may have misinterpreted his point. It doesn't matter if the players he mentioned are sh*te, he could have mentioned Fabinho, Milner or even Gomez (as RB), the point was, every player has limitations and despite those limitations, the manager still has them around, and despite those limatations, it certainly doesn't mean you dont appreciate or consider the player to be world class.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #6936: Apr 13, 2019 03:24:07 pm
      Mignolet, Markovic and Moreno wasn't it?

Mignolet is on his way out unless he is happy warming the bench. OK, people were a bit pissed off that we took so long to upgrade him, but we eventually did, so no worries. He's still better than most 'keepers out there. The prem being the pinnacle of a very large structure of organised professional sport, if you add up the number of 'keepers who are professional players, Mignolet is (at a minimum) in the top 5%
      Markovic has barely worn the shirt, but he has bags of talent. His problem seems to be one of application.
      Moreno is a fantastic footballer, but he's not a good defender at this level. Stick him in a Spanish team and I guarantee people will be saying "why couldn't he play like that for us".

The fact is, we don't have any players who are "limited", except insofar as we wouldn't put Firmino at CB.
      It's a fallacy put about by people who don't understand professional sport, and were brought up on Sky having loads of close ups, replays, and slow motion.
      You can't judge a player by a slow motion replay.
      You have to view it in real time, as managers do, as players do, as refs do etc etc
      Once you understand just how quick, agile, skillful and powerful these guys are you can see just how far above "limited" all of them are.

I'm appreciated your afford to explain things mate.
      Problem is I'm really struggle to explain my thoughts in English and I call this my "limitation". I tried to use Google Translate and you know it excellently make me look like a complete fool ha ha.

Finally I just want to say I also appreciate Hendersons contribution to our team. He's a good boy and his playing now is really good so hopefully he keep doing it at this level. Come On Redmen :scarf:

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6937: Apr 13, 2019 03:44:29 pm
      I'm appreciated your afford to explain things mate.
      Problem is I'm really struggle to explain my thoughts in English and I call this my "limitation". I tried to use Google Translate and you know it excellently make me look like a complete fool ha ha.

Finally I just want to say I also appreciate Hendersons contribution to our team. He's a good boy and his playing now is really good so hopefully he keep doing it at this level. Come On Redmen :scarf:

NO problem mate I understand what "Come on Redmen " means and its good enough for me .YNWA.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6938: Apr 14, 2019 10:53:57 am
      Depends on perspective, as a DM his quality is Stuart Downing in attack, that's my opinion. As an 8 he's usually been pretty good. That's what he was doing at Sunderland when we got him. Mignolet is a level below Henderson, I'm not even convinced he's a real person. A hologram maybe? Everything went straight through him.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6939: Apr 14, 2019 12:20:56 pm
      Depends on perspective, as a DM his quality is Stuart Downing in attack, that's my opinion. As an 8 he's usually been pretty good. That's what he was doing at Sunderland when we got him. Mignolet is a level below Henderson, I'm not even convinced he's a real person. A hologram maybe? Everything went straight through him.

This is a load of bollocks.
      That's my opinion.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6940: Apr 14, 2019 12:31:06 pm
      This is a load of bollocks.
      That's my opinion.
      so you are saying Henderson is not a good number 8, a bit negative if you ask me.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #6941: Apr 14, 2019 02:07:49 pm

Don't agree with the first part but the second make be laugh :D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6942: Apr 14, 2019 07:52:08 pm
      He is something else as an 8, isn't he? Never once did I doubt him in the 8 role and have been calling it for so many seasons to play to his strengths, and now that he has that opportunity, he is showing how influential he can be.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6943: Apr 14, 2019 08:36:27 pm
      He is something else as an 8, isn't he? Never once did I doubt him in the 8 role and have been calling it for so many seasons to play to his strengths, and now that he has that opportunity, he is showing how influential he can be.
      He's twice the player in that role.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #6944: Apr 14, 2019 10:23:41 pm
      Think I owe you an apology Though it was Rib' calling for Henderson to be a No 8 when in fact it was you mate... Sorry
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6945: Apr 14, 2019 10:25:32 pm
      Flourishing in this role, really stepped it up. 1 goal, 2 assists (3 if Mane had his goal in the week stand) in the last 3 appearances. Well in!

Quick Reply