Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 719940 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6946: Apr 14, 2019 10:28:54 pm
      Flourishing in this role, really stepped it up. 1 goal, 2 assists (3 if Mane had his goal in the week stand) in the last 3 appearances. Well in!

Has been absolutely superb. So positive and so much energy
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6947: Apr 14, 2019 10:34:23 pm
      Think I owe you an apology Though it was Rib' calling for Henderson to be a No 8 when in fact it was you mate... Sorry

Don't be silly, you never called me an idiot or hater for my opinion, so no need for an apology!

Anyway, there were a few of us wanting to see Hendo back in his natural role, even Mags (Hendo fanboy) could acknowledge his strengths and mentioned a couple of times in wanting to see him back playing in his natural position.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6948: Apr 14, 2019 10:36:48 pm
      Has been absolutely superb. So positive and so much energy

I think Wijnaldum may have some trouble getting back into the team if Hendo carries on playing like this!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6949: Apr 14, 2019 11:39:52 pm
      Don't be silly, you never called me an idiot or hater for my opinion, so no need for an apology!

Anyway, there were a few of us wanting to see Hendo back in his natural role, even Mags (Hendo fanboy) could acknowledge his strengths and mentioned a couple of times in wanting to see him back playing in his natural position.

I did indeed
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6950: Apr 15, 2019 05:45:31 am
      Number 8 for the rest of the season and plays every game for me. Inspirational. Can see how much he wants it!
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #6951: Apr 15, 2019 07:51:31 am
      I'd love to see us win the league for Henderson alone.
      Absolute true professional who always gives his best and it's so obvious he loves this club.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6952: Apr 15, 2019 10:40:10 am
      Probably that little bit extra incentive there for him in the sense this is his chance to make amends for missing the final part of the run in 5 years ago when he was suspended. One of the reasons I think we missed out last time was because he was suspended, he was consistently one of our better players and it was a blow that he got sent off.
      He’s not a holding player, he can play the role but not particularly well, not on a consistent basis anyway.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #6953: Apr 15, 2019 11:01:53 am
      Number 8 for the rest of the season and plays every game for me. Inspirational. Can see how much he wants it!

The role Kenny bought Henderson for but circumstance pushed him into the 6... With Naby & Fabinho settling into their positions it makes sense now to push the skipper further forward..
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #6954: Apr 15, 2019 11:05:23 am
      The role Kenny bought Henderson for but circumstance pushed him into the 6... With Naby & Fabinho settling into their positions it makes sense now to push the skipper further forward..

Kenny, as much as I love him, mismanaged Henderson very badly. He ended up shoving him onto the right wing a lot which was not good for him.

I remember lots of arguments with people on here about how he's playing out of position and needs to be in the centre.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #6955: Apr 15, 2019 11:18:12 am
      Who would have thought it would be Fab to resurrect Hendo.

Releasing him to do what he does best further forward.
      I had almost forgotten the Hendo of 13/14.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #6956: Apr 15, 2019 11:57:31 am
      Keep it up skipper, another one coming into form when it matters most.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #6957: Apr 15, 2019 12:04:00 pm
      He wants it just as much as the rest of us....and it looks like he's going to play a part in getting us there. Hope his form continues.
      Kopite78
      Reply #6958: Apr 16, 2019 12:49:45 pm
      Kenny, as much as I love him, mismanaged Henderson very badly. He ended up shoving him onto the right wing a lot which was not good for him.

I remember lots of arguments with people on here about how he's playing out of position and needs to be in the centre.

I think he very much saw similar qualities in Hendo as he did in Houghton in 87 and Whelan before him

A wide player who tucked in whilst the left side player played very wide

I very much got it at the time

Personally I've always rated and like Hendo and I'm  Glad he's shoving the blerts of our fan base words down their throats
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #6959: Apr 17, 2019 11:41:43 pm
      Another good showing from Henderson in the advanced attacking role.

Suffice to say Fab is first choice No6 from now on barring injury, which can only be good for Hendo to highlight his skill set further advanced.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6960: Apr 18, 2019 01:25:18 am
      Was so happy when he came on tonight, our midfield took control once he got on.

Keep it up Skip!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #6961: Apr 18, 2019 07:22:19 am
      When we needed a step up you’ve done it lad , showing what it means to lead the reds,      doing exactly what we’ve been needing from our midfield driving and creating , excellent run of form keep it going till seasons end and go down in history as a double winning captain .
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #6962: Apr 18, 2019 08:15:27 am
      Created more chances than anyone of the pitch last night.

In 20 minutes.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #6963: Apr 18, 2019 08:26:36 am
      Have the shops run out of eggs yet ?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #6964: Apr 18, 2019 11:05:59 am
      Thought he was outstanding and had no hesitation in voting him man of the match.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #6965: Apr 18, 2019 12:09:59 pm
      Kind of begs the question does he keep Ox on the bench now even when Ox is back and fit?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6966: Apr 18, 2019 01:19:19 pm
      "Not technical"

"Can't play in tight spaces"

"Can't turn"

"Can't distribute/not a good passer"

"Only passes sideways and backwards"

"Not a leader"

"Not vocal"

"Is just a runner"

"Can't score"

"Can't assist/find killer pass"

"Can't dictate/dominate a game"

"Not Liverpool material"

Just some of the comments posted here over the years.

Now that some F***ing nerk on twatter sings his praises, all the fickle fucks are back on the bandwagon, and of course, denying they ever said any of the above.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #6967: Apr 18, 2019 02:42:51 pm
      Kind of begs the question does he keep Ox on the bench now even when Ox is back and fit?

On current form yes and also means there is no mad rush to get Chamberlain back in the side.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6968: Apr 18, 2019 02:43:55 pm
      "Not technical"

"Can't play in tight spaces"

"Can't turn"

"Can't distribute/not a good passer"

"Only passes sideways and backwards"

"Not a leader"

"Not vocal"

"Is just a runner"

"Can't score"

"Can't assist/find killer pass"

"Can't dictate/dominate a game"

"Not Liverpool material"

Just some of the comments posted here over the years.

Now that some f**king nerk on twatter sings his praises, all the fickle fucks are back on the bandwagon, and of course, denying they ever said any of the above.

F***ing hell. ;D! What the f**k are you crying and so angry about? You really do act like a fangirl (do you have Hendo posters plastered on your wall with heart shapes drawn on them?). Do you really think people are jumping on the bandwagon because of social media? Have you ever considered maybe, just maybe they have been watching us play?

It is evidently clear how influential Hendo is in his more natural role in comparison to playing deeper because he is playing to his strengths. You don't need to be a genius to see the difference, just like you would know Coutinho is a lesser player on the right , just like you would see Firmino being a lesser player on the left or right oppose to playing as the 9/false 9 or Gomez at right back instead of CB etc etc.

And yeah, he is not as technical as Keita, not as good in tight spaces as Wijnaldum and can't distribute as good as Fabinho, and his strengths are more playing as the secondary midfielder with less emphasis on the ball and more freedom to to work as a boxer which is why he is playing incredible. You need to accept that every player (world class or not) have strengths and weaknesses.

The only thing I disagree with is the captain's armband (which I have seen thrown out a lot) as there is a lot more that goes off the pitch than on it, but I can understand it from their POV as their captains are usually the most assertive/commanding on the pitch (Godin) or the best player on the park (Messi), which imo wasn't Hendo as he had way too many average lackluster games as our 6.

Anyway, you need to let it go and move on. There really isn't any Hendo haters here, otherwise they would not acknowledge how great he has been since changing roles, and I have seen pretty much all the Hendo "haters" praise the f**k out of our captain since moving to his new role and playing monstrous.

The only hater is you, hating on people who don't rate your crush as highly as you do. Stop acting like a fangirl and act more your age, Swab.

Quick Reply