Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 719916 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7084: Jul 30, 2019 02:32:51 pm

I never compared the two but Huyton said that to be a legend, you need to lift the league and I disagreed. Both captains lifted the huge UCL since in itself is an achievement that for me you deserve to be called Legend.

For me you don't start calling players legends until they've retired.

My hero's were Rush and Dalglish who lifted both the league and the European Cup.

NOW THEY'RE F***ing LEGENDS!!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #7085: Jul 30, 2019 07:39:34 pm

For me you don't start calling players legends until they've retired.

My hero's were Rush and Dalglish who lifted both the league and the European Cup.

NOW THEY'RE F***ing LEGENDS!!

You may be from that era. I was born in 91 and started following in 99 and my heros were Owen, Fowler and Gerrard when I was young. I never saw our team lift the domestic so it may influence my previous comment.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #7086: Aug 10, 2019 08:04:50 am
      Very good way to start the season. He definitely benefits with Fab in the side. Hopefully they both start in the side together for a large part of the season.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #7087: Sep 04, 2019 07:09:45 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUuj4I18ajQ

Couldn't have put it any better.

I've said it for years:

If you don't rate Jordan Henderson, your understanding of what you are watching is primitive.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7088: Sep 04, 2019 08:12:23 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUuj4I18ajQ

Couldn't have put it any better.

I've said it for years:

If you don't rate Jordan Henderson, your understanding of what you are watching is primitive.

My favourite was that he's "not technical".
      Laughable.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #7089: Oct 03, 2019 12:27:21 am
      Mr technical above can he explain why Henderson has zero press resistance against teams that press so hard ie limited time on the ball = the performance tonight!
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #7090: Oct 03, 2019 12:48:43 am
      Mr technical above can he explain why Henderson has zero press resistance against teams that press so hard ie limited time on the ball = the performance tonight!

that is some strange math
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #7091: Oct 03, 2019 12:51:20 am

You not got a gcse in maths? 😂
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #7092: Oct 03, 2019 01:51:39 am
      Every time a bad touch or stray pass in midfield happened you didn’t have to look twice you knew it was him. Stunk the place out.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7093: Oct 03, 2019 06:41:09 pm
      Every time a bad touch or stray pass in midfield happened you didn’t have to look twice you knew it was him. Stunk the place out.

Almost created a goal in the first minutes, played the most incisive passes of the match, put TAA in behind for Robertsons goal, but yeah, keep churning out the same tired, lazy tropes.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #7094: Oct 03, 2019 07:44:16 pm
      Almost created a goal in the first minutes, played the most incisive passes of the match, put TAA in behind for Robertsons goal, but yeah, keep churning out the same tired, lazy tropes.

I did not watch the game but did watch the highlights, and saw those passes you mention, which were fantastic. How that post can be made defies logic.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #7095: Oct 03, 2019 08:28:51 pm
      I did not watch the game but did watch the highlights, and saw those passes you mention, which were fantastic. How that post can be made defies logic.

So watch the whole game then yea?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #7096: Oct 04, 2019 12:22:18 am
      Was very poor the other night.

As bad as I've seen him play in quite a while.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #7097: Oct 04, 2019 08:17:16 am

He was poor defensively Swab. Subbed off for Milner later on and Milner did a better job defensively.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #7098: Oct 04, 2019 09:28:12 am
      Was very poor the other night.

As bad as I've seen him play in quite a while.

Wasn't his best Si agreed - still covered a lot of ground but touch was off.

I always think we look a bit leggy till the next international break. He works them so hard pre-season its like they carry it a bit till then.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7099: Oct 04, 2019 10:38:22 am
      Henderson has been playing quite well up til now but was quite poor against Salzburg, as was Gomez. It happens, they are both good players and just had an off night.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7100: Oct 04, 2019 12:25:41 pm
      He was poor defensively Swab. Subbed off for Milner later on and Milner did a better job defensively.

He looked poor defensively because TAA kept getting caught out of position.
      Klopp set us up for Henderson to play in front of TAA instead of sitting in behind him, and it worked very well for 30 mins.
      After that TAA was pushing up too early.

Milner was brought on to defend behind Robertson and Origi, with Mane switching to the right, and Salah being more central.
      TAA was supposed to be a "traditional" RB in this, with Mane as a wide midfielder tracking back, and Wijnaldum tucked inside to stop the runner that Fabinho kept losing.

Having a rusty CB and a very young FB on the same side was an issue; both were caught out of position.

In the first 30 mins, Henderson was excellent in his attacking play.
      Watch his passing and interplay down the right.
      When they adjusted their system, TAA kept getting caught out, and Henderson was outnumbered.
      It was actually an excellent bit of in game management from them.
      « Last Edit: Oct 04, 2019 03:34:55 pm by Swab »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #7101: Oct 04, 2019 12:37:39 pm
      It’s always someone else out of position when Henderson has zero tackles, doesn’t track runners or is constantly dispossessed.

At least he is consistent  :lmao:
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #7102: Oct 04, 2019 02:16:47 pm
      It’s always someone else out of position when Henderson has zero tackles, doesn’t track runners or is constantly dispossessed.

At least he is consistent  :lmao:

Ridiculous innit?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7103: Oct 04, 2019 03:34:19 pm

Nah, what's ridiculous is your lack of understanding of what happened in the first 30 mins, and how our opponents adapted and we failed to find an answer, particularly to their central runner who Fabinho lost track of so many times.

Your whole contribution just consists of slagging players off, and you never have the slightest clue about the tactics employed by us or the opposition.

Instead, you and others concentrate on puerile posts with no content or merit.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7104: Oct 04, 2019 04:00:28 pm
      Nah, what's ridiculous is your lack of understanding of what happened in the first 30 mins, and how our opponents adapted and we failed to find an answer, particularly to their central runner who Fabinho lost track of so many times.

Your whole contribution just consists of slagging players off, and you never have the slightest clue about the tactics employed by us or the opposition.

Instead, you and others concentrate on puerile posts with no content or merit.

OK but in that case were Klopp, his coaching team and the team all outwitted then? That's actually even more scary if true.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #7105: Oct 04, 2019 04:27:20 pm
      From the man himself:

They changed the system – that’s allowed and is not really a problem usually, but tonight it was for us because we changed the approach a little bit for some reason. Some were in a controlling mood, some were in an attacking mood, other positions were too hectic. The main problem was that we tried to finish our situations off through the middle of the park; they had one midfielder less in the defensive [area] because they took a bit more risk and left a No.10 in between the lines. So they had one midfielder less and we still tried to push through the centre. We lost the balls there, they passed the ball to the No.10, he could turn at the back of Fabinho, could turn and counter-attack. That changed the momentum of the game.

It's not that Klopp and co. were outwitted, Salzburg changed and pushed a no.10 in behind Fab - an attacking move we did not exploit at all. Momentum changed and we didn't get it back until their third went in.

After that opening 30 minutes none of the midfield played brilliantly, and it took a change of shape of our own to affect the game again. I don't think there was much between either of the 8s when it came to being subbed, one needed to come off for Div to push up and to change to a 4-2-3-1.

Not Jordan's best game obviously, but if we're talking about losing runners and not tracking, we need to include the rest of the midfield as well.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7106: Oct 04, 2019 04:54:00 pm
      From the man himself:

It's not that Klopp and co. were outwitted, Salzburg changed and pushed a no.10 in behind Fab - an attacking move we did not exploit at all. Momentum changed and we didn't get it back until their third went in.

After that opening 30 minutes none of the midfield played brilliantly, and it took a change of shape of our own to affect the game again. I don't think there was much between either of the 8s when it came to being subbed, one needed to come off for Div to push up and to change to a 4-2-3-1.

Not Jordan's best game obviously, but if we're talking about losing runners and not tracking, we need to include the rest of the midfield as well.

I'm only talking about how good Henderson was for the first 30 mins.

After that, it's fair to say the cohesion went out of the team when we struggled to adapt, Henderson included

What I'm saying is that his attacking play, in front of TAA (slight system tweak) was very good, in the period where we dominated.
      He produced 2 of the best passes I've seen from us this season, and put TAA in behind for Robertsons goal.
      Our first attack, his driving run ripped them to pieces.

After the first 30. he was as average as everyone else on the pitch

Quick Reply