Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720533 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7107: Oct 04, 2019 11:54:54 pm
      Nah, what's ridiculous is your lack of understanding of what happened in the first 30 mins, and how our opponents adapted and we failed to find an answer, particularly to their central runner who Fabinho lost track of so many times.

Your whole contribution just consists of slagging players off, and you never have the slightest clue about the tactics employed by us or the opposition.

Instead, you and others concentrate on puerile posts with no content or merit.

None of that explains the miscontrol of basic passes, the pointless safe side way pass, dispossession of ball one which lead to their opener. He was good for the first third of the game so we’re the other 9 outfield players though.

I understand the game better than you and can guarantee have played it at a higher level than you what I don’t have time for is to argue with internet bellends like yourself over petty sh*t. Life is way too short go out and smell the roses sometimes you come across as quite a miserable person with the amount of time you spend arguing with everyone on here.

Henderson had a sh*t game he will have a good game get over it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7108: Oct 05, 2019 12:28:29 pm
      None of that explains the miscontrol of basic passes, the pointless safe side way pass, dispossession of ball one which lead to their opener. He was good for the first third of the game so we’re the other 9 outfield players though.

I understand the game better than you and can guarantee have played it at a higher level than you what I don’t have time for is to argue with internet bellends like yourself over petty sh*t. Life is way too short go out and smell the roses sometimes you come across as quite a miserable person with the amount of time you spend arguing with everyone on here.

Don't be talking sh*te fella.

I've yet to see you post any analysis beyond "he's sh*te"

Like I said, he was very good for the first 30 mins, then average, like the rest of the team when we lost our way.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #7109: Oct 05, 2019 12:39:38 pm
      Don't be talking sh*te fella.

I've yet to see you post any analysis beyond "he's sh*te"

Like I said, he was very good for the first 30 mins, then average, like the rest of the team when we lost our way.

Good come back fella.

I have no need to it’s been done to death especially in this thread. As I said before and will say so again Hendo alone is not the problem nor the solution. Just happened he had an extra average game and a few have pointed it out myself included, I would do the same if he had an exceptional game.

Off your high horse now fella.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7110: Oct 05, 2019 01:21:49 pm
      Good come back fella.

I have no need to it’s been done to death especially in this thread. As I said before and will say so again Hendo alone is not the problem nor the solution. Just happened he had an extra average game and a few have pointed it out myself included, I would do the same if he had an exceptional game.

Off your high horse now fella.

And yet you conitinue to ignore my point.
      I've watched the game 3 times now, and Henderson was very good for the first 30, after that, not so good.

Yet you continue to ignore this very simple point in favour of following the crowd and your agenda.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #7111: Oct 05, 2019 01:28:04 pm
      And yet you conitinue to ignore my point.
      I've watched the game 3 times now, and Henderson was very good for the first 30, after that, not so good.

Yet you continue to ignore this very simple point in favour of following the crowd and your agenda.

I said he was good in the first third as was everyone else you ignorant tool. WTF?!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7112: Oct 05, 2019 01:44:32 pm
      I said he was good in the first third as was everyone else you ignorant tool. WTF?!

Yet you contradict yourself in the same post.
      Can't have it both ways fella

Henderson had a sh*t game
      he will have a good game get over it.

So which was it?
      He can't have a "good third" but a "sh*t game"

As for "arguing", posters like you do it all the time; when you do it, you shout "respect my opinion" but when others do it, they're "argumentative".

What a joke.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #7113: Oct 05, 2019 01:47:23 pm
      He can have a good third and sh*t game though.
      There’s your frustration getting the better of you again.

I’ll leave it at that.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7114: Oct 05, 2019 01:51:05 pm
      He can have a good third and sh*t game though.
      There’s your frustration getting the better of you again.

I’ll leave it at that.

No, he really can't.
      If he was great for 30 mins, then as average as the rest of the team because of tactical switches by the opposition, then that still means averaged out, he had an OK game, not a sh*t one.
      A game lasts 90 minutes.

I don't know wht level of football you think you played, but to not even understand basic sh*t like this makes me think it was Chorley ladies 2nd 11
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #7115: Oct 05, 2019 02:14:44 pm

😂

Gotta to love the Internet boast
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #7116: Oct 10, 2019 09:38:20 am
      The assertion, "I've played the game at a higher level than you, therefore I understand the game better then you!" is pretty funny.

It's basically saying that none of us on here can have an opinion that differs from, Shearer, Lineker, Mills (FFS), et al, as they've clearly played at a much higher level than us, therefore they know best!

That logic prevailing, Vinny Jones understands the game better than Klopp...
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #7117: Oct 10, 2019 11:29:33 am

I reckon in order to understand footy at a molecular level you had to compromise your knowledge of the english language? Your punctuation game (or lack thereof) was poor, mate.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #7118: Oct 10, 2019 09:03:48 pm
      I reckon in order to understand footy at a molecular level you had to compromise your knowledge of the english language? Your punctuation game (or lack thereof) was poor, mate.

I give zero fucks English is a second language didn’t learn it till I was 10 not going to go out of my way worrying about punctuation on an Internet forum especially when I spend so little time on here and the minimum posts I put up are of my phone.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #7119: Oct 10, 2019 09:05:34 pm
      The assertion, "I've played the game at a higher level than you, therefore I understand the game better then you!" is pretty funny.

It's basically saying that none of us on here can have an opinion that differs from, Shearer, Lineker, Mills (FFS), et al, as they've clearly played at a much higher level than us, therefore they know best!

That logic prevailing, Vinny Jones understands the game better than Klopp...

All about context though mate if you read the original exchange it’s not a misplaced outlandish assertion on my behalf.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #7120: Oct 20, 2019 08:01:33 pm
      With Keita back on the scene and Chamberlain chomping at the bit, Hendo is really going to have to raise his level to a higher degree than it is at the moment. After a forgettable display today there is definitely pressure on him but it is pressure he's faced many times in his Liverpool career.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #7121: Oct 20, 2019 08:36:23 pm
      Can anyone explain why he ended up so wide today.

Usually I’m pretty good at figuring out tactical decisions but I just couldn’t figure this one out
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #7122: Oct 20, 2019 09:19:53 pm

Usually I’m pretty good at figuring out tactical decisions but I just couldn’t figure this one out

Seemed like it was to accommodate Ox in the middle of the pitch.

He should have just been withdrawn,  as the furthest midfielder his ability to connect up with the attack has been woeful recently.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #7123: Oct 21, 2019 07:13:51 am
      Just felt like a waste everytime he got on the ball. United were there for the taking and he just hesitated constantly and went safe.

Was very frustrating. I would have started Milner over Henderson.

Keita and AOC looked absolutely superb when they came on because their whole game is based on direct forward play which we needed badly.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7124: Oct 21, 2019 08:41:49 am
      Henderson has been quite poor for several games now, doesn't make him a sh*t player, he's just having a dip, but in that case I'd like to see us replace him with the Ox, Lallana, Shaq or Keita, we need some more drive and energy in midfield, we were very predictable and flat yesterday as a team but a lot of that was because of the midfield and sadly Henderson was one of the worst culprits.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #7125: Oct 21, 2019 12:12:45 pm
      Our best most dynamic midfield doesn't include Hendo now.

Fab-Gini/Keita-Ox should be our starting midfield with Milner and Hendo as backups.

VVD needs to be made vice captain also.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7126: Oct 21, 2019 12:37:33 pm

Because their wingbacks were pushing TAA back, so he put Henderson wide to counter that and allow TAA to get forwards more.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #7127: Oct 21, 2019 02:07:09 pm
      Henderson has been quite poor for several games now

Agree.

As most on here know I'm a huge fan of the skipper but he's been mediocre at best for a couple of games now and I'd like to see Chamberlain get a run especially if we're keeping Gini in the side.

Keita showed some glimpses as well of the player we thought we were getting and I don't think it'll be long before he gets into the side.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #7128: Oct 22, 2019 06:57:15 pm
      Henderson needs to create its ok running closing but in that midfield either Gini or Henderson need to create, all we see from Henderson is square or backward passing, it looks even worse if one of the front three are missing
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7129: Oct 27, 2019 11:51:09 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/oct/27/liverpool-beating-heart-jordan-henderson-relentless-in-breaking-spurs

Good article. Apparently you either love him or hate him.

To me, rather than define him by what he isn't (he's not Gerrard, but who is?), I choose to celebrate his heart and soul contributions to this team's continuing success.

Quick Reply