Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720213 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7130: Oct 28, 2019 04:20:36 am
      So happy for him to score today especially after him losing the ball, cost us the opener. He made amends in a big way.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7131: Oct 28, 2019 09:22:49 am
      So happy for him to score today especially after him losing the ball, cost us the opener. He made amends in a big way.

Yes but first goal at Anfield since 2015, considering he plays every game that is a shocking stat for a midfielder!!

I love the guy to bits but aside from the goal he had a another below par performance yesterday, as did Gini. I really don't understand why Jürgen persists with those two when he has so many other good midfielders sitting on the bench who could offer more in attack.

The game yesterday was crying out for Keita or Ox to come on.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #7132: Oct 28, 2019 10:14:33 am
      Just as well our fanbase is nothing like some other Premier League teams. The treatment of Xhaka yesterday was deplorable as was his reaction.

Henderson has faced a fair bit of adversity as Liverpool captain but it has never became toxic and the very least we can say is that he gives 100% every time he puts that shirt on. More than that he is a fine player and a great example to young players everywhere.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #7133: Oct 28, 2019 05:45:32 pm
      Yes but first goal at Anfield since 2015, considering he plays every game that is a shocking stat for a midfielder!!

I love the guy to bits but aside from the goal he had a another below par performance yesterday, as did Gini. I really don't understand why Jürgen persists with those two when he has so many other good midfielders sitting on the bench who could offer more in attack.

The game yesterday was crying out for Keita or Ox to come on.

Does that mean Mascherano was a shocking midfielder because he didn’t score enough goals

You really are a football vacuum - Henderson was superb yesterday but binary idiots like you will never see that , thankfully for us the best manager in the game can see that hence why he plays all the time and why he is captain - Klopp has had multiple years to sell him but he hasn’t - can you explain why ?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7134: Oct 28, 2019 06:14:39 pm
      Wasn't sure at the usual blame game, so had another couple of looks at it.

First thing, Henderson gets barged off the ball.
      It wasn't shoulder to shoulder, the Spurs player went through the back of him.

Gini gets left on his arse, Fabinho nowhere on the cover, TAA tries to show Son outside, and fails, Henderson catches up, just as Son cuts back.

So not really sure how that catalogue of errors became the fault of one player rather than 4, but it's always the way here, to try and single one player out as a scapegoat.

In recent years, it's been Lucas, Gini, Lovren, Matip and Henderson.

People have been banging on about Lovren's "mistake" against Genk, but the fact is he should have had cover, and not had to charge out to the RB position in the first place.
      He didn't have the cover because we played Keita and AOC.
      « Last Edit: Oct 28, 2019 06:19:56 pm by Swab »
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #7135: Oct 28, 2019 07:01:19 pm
      Wasn't sure at the usual blame game, so had another couple of looks at it.

First thing, Henderson gets barged off the ball.
      It wasn't shoulder to shoulder, the Spurs player went through the back of him.

Gini gets left on his arse, Fabinho nowhere on the cover, TAA tries to show Son outside, and fails, Henderson catches up, just as Son cuts back.

So not really sure how that catalogue of errors became the fault of one player rather than 4, but it's always the way here, to try and single one player out as a scapegoat.

In recent years, it's been Lucas, Gini, Lovren, Matip and Henderson.

People have been banging on about Lovren's "mistake" against Genk, but the fact is he should have had cover, and not had to charge out to the RB position in the first place.
      He didn't have the cover because we played Keita and AOC.

Think that’s the norm in football in general mate, rather than on the forum. Realistically, all pundits and fans look for simple answers to explain things, rather than working it back to see where the mistake occurred in the system. Realistically, I’d imagine a lot of the time it isn’t even a mistake but the opposition manager making slight changes to counter specific areas. This is top level football and 90% of it, us as fans haven’t a clue about what variations are happening at any stage.

Saying that, not having that about Lovren, even if he shouldn’t have had to be out there it was the kind of screw up you would only see Lovren make.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #7136: Oct 28, 2019 07:16:45 pm
      He plays for the shirt and that shows that Liverpool means to him.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7137: Oct 28, 2019 09:29:38 pm
      Did he not come out and say he was largely to blame for the goal?...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7138: Oct 29, 2019 12:30:51 pm
      Think that’s the norm in football in general mate, rather than on the forum. Realistically, all pundits and fans look for simple answers to explain things, rather than working it back to see where the mistake occurred in the system. Realistically, I’d imagine a lot of the time it isn’t even a mistake but the opposition manager making slight changes to counter specific areas. This is top level football and 90% of it, us as fans haven’t a clue about what variations are happening at any stage.

Saying that, not having that about Lovren, even if he shouldn’t have had to be out there it was the kind of screw up you would only see Lovren make.

I just see it differently is all mate.
      He should never have been in a 2 on 1, out of position, with no backup.
      He tried to buy a foul by going down easily, something we see defenders do every match, but he didn't get it.

For me, it's as much a collective responsibility as a Lovren error.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7139: Nov 10, 2019 07:22:39 pm
      yet again he performance despite illness he plays for the team before Jordan Henderson . There is only one reason Jürgen plays him when fit because he is good enough. Well done Jordan
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #7140: Nov 10, 2019 10:13:31 pm
      What a cross for our 3rd goal today! Absolute peach of a ball. He was excellent, they all were.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #7141: Nov 14, 2019 09:50:35 am
      Anyone listen to the podcast Hendo did with Carra recently?

Would recommend.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #7142: Nov 19, 2019 08:22:03 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7143: Nov 19, 2019 01:44:39 pm

erm, I think you could easily include Raheem Sterling and Kyle Walker as well, both are world class players in my opinion.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7144: Nov 19, 2019 02:14:39 pm
      erm, I think you could easily include Raheem Sterling and Kyle Walker as well, both are world class players in my opinion.

Kyle Walker?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #7145: Nov 21, 2019 09:26:58 pm

Kyle Walker  :mad: :mad: :mad:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #7146: Nov 21, 2019 10:26:10 pm
      Once again viewed that video of him an hour or so after the final whistle went in Madrid with both him and his dad embracing each other and in tears. It was probably the enduring image of the whole night and arguably one of the most enduring in the history of the club. He's had his critics, myself included, but he represents the humility and humanity of this great team that we witness, without which we would be nothing.

This may be controversial to some but the Hendo & Milner captain/vice captain dynamic is a far greater one than the Gerrard/Carra. Why? Because their presence and leadership on the field is one that is absolutely exempt of individuality and only serves to empower the collective. They run through brick walls so the others don't have to.

For Henderson, when he signed for us back in 2011, I would never have guessed what he would go on to become.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #7147: Dec 10, 2019 08:24:57 pm
      Captain's performance from Jordan tonight. Great stuff!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #7148: Dec 10, 2019 08:27:04 pm
      I'm not a Jordan Henderson fan but the last few games he has been playing well
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7149: Dec 10, 2019 08:46:51 pm
      I'm not a Jordan Henderson fan but the last few games he has been playing well

wtf you call yourself a Liverpool fan but not one of our Captain.Holy f***in sh*t. He we go again.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #7150: Dec 10, 2019 08:49:52 pm
      Top performance again. Can't be all bad if he is still here after all these years.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7151: Dec 13, 2019 08:32:55 am
      He got my MOTM
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7152: Dec 14, 2019 12:23:30 pm
      Aldo praising Jordan saying anyone picking holes in his performances don't understand football....

Quick Reply