Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 719909 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7176: Dec 27, 2019 08:50:52 pm
      even now on here he is still getting faint praise. He is picked by every manager he plays for. He did a job for Jürgen despite it not being his preferred position and he has been a monster player since getting over his injuries some time back now. We are so lucky to have him a bit like Bobby his contribution cannot be really summed up in simple terms he does so much covering all over the pitch he has turned into a monster player these past few seasons

Let's not forget those 60-yard switching passes he routinely hits for us. We get accustomed to it but that is a technical test that not too many Premier League players can pass with regularity the way Jordan does.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7177: Dec 27, 2019 08:54:33 pm
      Let's not forget those 60-yard switching passes he routinely hits for us. We get accustomed to it but that is a technical test that not too many Premier League players can pass with regularity the way Jordan does.

Jürgen loves the bones of the lad that's good enough for me. Every pro in the game praises him as a footballer from Kenny to Stevie and to Jürgen himself.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #7178: Dec 27, 2019 08:54:52 pm
      I freely admit after that game away to Sevilla when it was 3-3 I was just done with him, he was that bad.

However ever since that game he has got better and better. He’s been benched a few times and still picks himself up and becomes a mainstay in the team.

I used to hate his floating long balls, now he’s whipping diagonals and through balls every game and it’s a joy to see, so positive and direct.

The guy deserves all the praise and will quite rightly go down as a Liverpool legend
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7179: Dec 27, 2019 08:58:00 pm
      Jürgen loves the bones of the lad that's good enough for me. Every pro in the game praises him as a footballer from Kenny to Stevie and to Jürgen himself.

OH no question Walt, I'm not disagreeing with you in the slightest. Great leader, great example, great warrior. I'm just saying, those passes........s**t is F******g DIFFICULT.
       :)
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #7180: Dec 27, 2019 09:52:38 pm
      Jürgen says he's fine and that in fact he could have carried on last night if needed, but he didn't want to chance it. Basically he got cleated. Painful for sure but nothing long-term for him. If he doesn't start Sunday it would be for rotation/rest's sake, not due to any injury.

Cheers, good to know
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #7181: Jan 02, 2020 11:28:31 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7182: Jan 03, 2020 12:11:28 am

not that long ago there was quite a few forum members who really had it in for Henderson despite what Jürgen and so many ex players said about him . My thoughts on him have not changed he is an incredibly hard working lad who goes about the job the manager gives him to the best of his abilities.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #7183: Jan 03, 2020 11:51:23 am
      Playing the best football of his career right now. Has slotted back into the Fabinho role seamlessly and we basically haven’t noticed the Brazilians absence which is a huge compliment. His passing has gotten better, he seems to produce at least 2 defence splitting through balls every game now and he remind as string, hardworking and dependable a player as he ever was. Also I think that when he plays alongside lads such as Ox or Keita (as he has done recently) you really appreciate his qualities even more.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #7184: Jan 03, 2020 01:55:30 pm
      The Hendo-bashers have been forced to bite their lips for the past 18 months.

Never gives less than 100% for the team even when not at his best.  A true professional in the Milner sense of the word; lifted the CL last summer, will (fingers crossed) lift the PL & maybe more the end of this season.

Nice one, skip  8)
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #7185: Jan 03, 2020 01:56:49 pm
      Playing the best football of his career right now. Has slotted back into the Fabinho role seamlessly and we basically haven’t noticed the Brazilians absence which is a huge compliment. His passing has gotten better, he seems to produce at least 2 defence splitting through balls every game now and he remind as string, hardworking and dependable a player as he ever was. Also I think that when he plays alongside lads such as Ox or Keita (as he has done recently) you really appreciate his qualities even more.
      Agree 100%; think we were all concerned about the loss of Fab in particular, but it hasn't even caused a ripple, which is testament to Jordan & the rest of our midfield.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7186: Jan 03, 2020 02:17:42 pm
      I wonder what his value is in a transfer market? Whatever the figure, we wouldn't take it. His versatility, character and his experience playing in the way we do make him invaluable to this side.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #7187: Jan 03, 2020 05:02:58 pm
      I wonder what his value is in a transfer market? Whatever the figure, we wouldn't take it. His versatility, character and his experience playing in the way we do make him invaluable to this side.

Considering his age I would say at least £35m.

But no one would ever bother trying to sign him. To be fair I’m loving that stat about him playing the most minutes in the premier league since 2010, shows you how well he’s done. Similar to all the legends like Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes etc... doing the business in the prem every season since a teenager.

Love it
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #7188: Jan 14, 2020 07:13:50 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #7189: Jan 14, 2020 08:25:30 pm
      Is this a new thing or have i not been paying attention to the ingerland awards? Well done Hendo.Gonna cause a few to fume,no?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7190: Jan 14, 2020 09:40:25 pm

as we are part of the original Hendo fan club its great to see him collect another award for a player of outstanding ability and so good for him to beat Kane and Sterling.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7191: Jan 15, 2020 01:44:52 am
      as we are part of the original Hendo fan club its great to see him collect another award for a player of outstanding ability and so good for him to beat Kane and Sterling.

No question about Henderson being a vital part of our team and helping us gain success. Long may it continue.

But can I just ask, what's with all the awards anymore in football? It's getting worse than TV and the movies. Seems like every time I turn around there is some new award being hyped. I'm sticking with the team, the team, the team. Interested in who wins games and trophies. Even the Player of the Year and more established awards are corrupted by who votes for them and their motives. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7192: Jan 15, 2020 02:11:13 pm
      No question about Henderson being a vital part of our team and helping us gain success. Long may it continue.

But can I just ask, what's with all the awards anymore in football? It's getting worse than TV and the movies. Seems like every time I turn around there is some new award being hyped. I'm sticking with the team, the team, the team. Interested in who wins games and trophies. Even the Player of the Year and more established awards are corrupted by who votes for them and their motives. 

the only awards a player should accept are as part of the team I think any player would much rather win a Cup or the league than an individual award given by a bunch of nomarks
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #7193: Jan 15, 2020 02:17:09 pm
      My skipper.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7194: Jan 16, 2020 11:43:01 pm

Not sure about the EOTK badge  :D :D :D positioning but still...........

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7195: Jan 17, 2020 02:39:20 am
      Not sure about the EOTK badge  :D :D :D positioning but still...........

Guess it was a very good year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeDfgUvyKHk
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #7196: Jan 19, 2020 09:32:22 pm
      Another superb performance today. Hendo is captaining the best team in world football on merit alone and long may he continue to do so. He's a born leader on the pitch.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #7197: Jan 19, 2020 10:55:42 pm
      Remember we had a ‘we need to talk about Henderson’ thread were idiots would argue he should be stripped of the armband and sold.

Where are you now? All big talk back then when I said you didn’t know what you were watching and you tried to brand me a fool. You’ll finally know what you’re watching when you see him lift the league title then try and say I’m wrong again.

Checkmate haters.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #7198: Jan 19, 2020 11:10:33 pm
      Well said mate. Amazing how quick fans are to turn on our players. Look at him now.

Proud of our Captain.

Quick Reply