Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720287 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7222: Jan 21, 2020 11:11:49 pm
      What a hit that was from him, still can't believe De Gea got a fingernail to divert it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7223: Jan 22, 2020 12:34:46 am
      New banner on the Kop last Sunday celebrating El Capitano in Madrid

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7224: Jan 23, 2020 12:47:23 am
      Holding my hands up.
      Was a critic of Henderson but he has turned a corner in the last 18 months.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #7225: Jan 23, 2020 10:01:08 am

It’s not just been the last two months - it’s been the past 18 months

No

he had a few good and a few bad games in the past 18 months. but I agree with HScRed last 2 months he's been putting a lot of 7-8/10 performances and another great performance against the Mancs. But better than VVD, Mane and TAA who for the past 18 months playing exceptionally well? nah.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #7226: Jan 23, 2020 11:39:34 am
      No

he had a few good and a few bad games in the past 18 months. but I agree with HScRed last 2 months he's been putting a lot of 7-8/10 performances and another great performance against the Mancs. But better than VVD, Mane and TAA who for the past 18 months playing exceptionally well? nah.

Sorry but just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it wasn’t happening - Henderson has been superb for a while now  - it seems that because the media suddenly highlight him others jump on the bandwagon - Henderson has been key for a number of years now , the manager knew it , a number of fans knew it and it’s good to see others coming around to it
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #7227: Jan 23, 2020 01:21:17 pm

Sorry but just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it wasn’t happening - Henderson has been superb for a while now  - it seems that because the media suddenly highlight him others jump on the bandwagon - Henderson has been key for a number of years now , the manager knew it , a number of fans knew it and it’s good to see others coming around to it

No, I can see it. put your bias aside. He is a good player, always was but not as good as you think he is and he hasn't played better than Mane, TAA, VVD, Alisson and to an extent Robertson in the last 18 months. Last season he had a few good games, few average ones and a few bad ones. The other players I mentioned had more good games than bad ones.

I'm happy that he won the CL and hopefully he adds the league to his collection too as a captain.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #7228: Jan 23, 2020 10:40:04 pm
      As the time goes by this guy is becoming my favorite player of this generation, he is rarely on the a goalscorer or even an assistant but somehow he is always there, on the pitch, running, fighting for every inch of the pitch, sticking out for his team mates, a true captain.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #7229: Jan 23, 2020 10:43:29 pm
      Took doing a "Lucas" to a whole new level.

From being compared to Cleverley to potentially being the captain of a team of the ages which may pick up back to back CL's and their first PL in 30years.

Well in Skipper.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #7230: Jan 24, 2020 10:58:28 am
      Hats off to the man. Do you remember when we were in the final straight during the Rodgers season when we just lost out to City? Henderson either got injured or sent off and our form dipped. I remember some saying we lost the title because of that.

He's becoming indispensable.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #7231: Jan 24, 2020 02:29:08 pm
      A goal and an assist but what a performance. He deserves out armband!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #7232: Jan 24, 2020 05:37:59 pm
      Took doing a "Lucas" to a whole new level.

From being compared to Cleverley to potentially being the captain of a team of the ages which may pick up back to back CL's and their first PL in 30years.

Well in Skipper.

Hear me out.... Could you argue a case for him to win PFA POY if we win the league? He certainly doesnt have the goals or assists that is normally required, but then again we dont require that from him.

If you watch us regularly you see the work rate, the long outlet balls he breaks teams down with, the number of hats he wears (helping the full backs defend, picking the ball up in deeper areas, playing the 6 and even occasionally allowing one of the CBs to get forward and slipping in there) and his overall leadership. He's a lot like Kante the year Leicester won it.

He's never played better in his career and he very well may be one of the best midfielders in the game today. He's certainly one of the most versatile
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #7233: Jan 24, 2020 06:21:56 pm
      Hats off to the man. Do you remember when we were in the final straight during the Rodgers season when we just lost out to City? Henderson either got injured or sent off and our form dipped. I remember some saying we lost the title because of that.

He's becoming indispensable.

I was one of those people. Yea he got a three game ban for a red and I, like many others, stand by it that we would have won the League but for this.

A fantastic footballer, captain and by the looks of it and from what you hear a great person as well.

Can't wait to see him lift that trophy above his head in May.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7234: Jan 29, 2020 11:46:08 pm
      Most passes in the game tonight (139) at the highest success rate (94%) than anyone else. Hendo right now is absolutely dominant in that midfield. Also slotted in to full back easily when Naby came on.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #7235: Jan 30, 2020 08:52:02 am
      Form of his life.

Well played lad.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7236: Jan 30, 2020 10:49:06 am
      another Captains performance his energy and drive really keeps the tempo up all the time. You cant really say any player is having a bad game or season they all put in a shift in every game we work harder than any other team and that allows us then to show our quality.
      Just watched the game and it was one of those games were we could have upped the pace if required. Hendo Captain of European, World and English Champions that's some trophy haul.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #7237: Jan 30, 2020 04:57:25 pm
      My father hates him because he compares him with our other Red captains however this season he has not saying anything about Jordan and rightly so because he led this team to greatness!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7238: Jan 30, 2020 09:37:59 pm
      My father hates him because he compares him with our other Red captains however this season he has not saying anything about Jordan and rightly so because he led this team to greatness!

Trouble with Hendo is that it's not like he took over the captaincy from just anyone, he took it over from arguably our greatest ever player who also had the armband for 10 years or so and being English, the same kind of age as when Gerrard got the role, the comparisons were always going to be made and there was always going to be pressure. Not to mention he was VC when Gerrard was in his last season so leading the team out against the likes of United and Madrid, knowing Gerrard wanted more than anything to be on that pitch instead of the bench, I can't imagine it helped him be as confident in the role as he could have been, especially with results going far from in our favour.

Before I have had the view that he was definitely good enough for us, in fact I've always thought that one of the main reasons why we blew the chance to win the league under BR is because we lost Hendo to suspension when he was smashing it every game, he was one of our most important players. But I wasn't sure he could thrive to his potential under the weight of the captaincy, which is no shame, many players play better without the responsibility, but over the last 18 months, he has really flourished in the role and become a proper captain and really displayed his leadership skills IMO.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #7239: Jan 30, 2020 10:10:53 pm
      Trouble with Hendo is that it's not like he took over the captaincy from just anyone, he took it over from arguably our greatest ever player who also had the armband for 10 years or so and being English, the same kind of age as when Gerrard got the role, the comparisons were always going to be made and there was always going to be pressure. Not to mention he was VC when Gerrard was in his last season so leading the team out against the likes of United and Madrid, knowing Gerrard wanted more than anything to be on that pitch instead of the bench, I can't imagine it helped him be as confident in the role as he could have been, especially with results going far from in our favour.

Before I have had the view that he was definitely good enough for us, in fact I've always thought that one of the main reasons why we blew the chance to win the league under BR is because we lost Hendo to suspension when he was smashing it every game, he was one of our most important players. But I wasn't sure he could thrive to his potential under the weight of the captaincy, which is no shame, many players play better without the responsibility, but over the last 18 months, he has really flourished in the role and become a proper captain and really displayed his leadership skills IMO.

Yep - owns the captaincy and has been superb for at least 2 seasons now. I feel good when his name is on the team sheet
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7240: Jan 30, 2020 10:29:00 pm
      Yep - owns the captaincy and has been superb for at least 2 seasons now. I feel good when his name is on the team sheet

Gerrard said that he felt pressure to deliver silverware as captain, following in the footsteps of many greats, I expect Hendo was probably feeling the same so I don't think it's any coincidence that given the clubs transformation in the last 2 years, it's coincided with Hendo reaching this level. Although it was only last June we started winning things under Klopp, that entire season after the Champions League run the season before, it was clear something special was about to happen. A lot of pressure will have been lifted from his shoulders.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #7241: Jan 30, 2020 10:41:20 pm
      Gerrard said that he felt pressure to deliver silverware as captain, following in the footsteps of many greats, I expect Hendo was probably feeling the same so I don't think it's any coincidence that given the clubs transformation in the last 2 years, it's coincided with Hendo reaching this level. Although it was only last June we started winning things under Klopp, that entire season after the Champions League run the season before, it was clear something special was about to happen. A lot of pressure will have been lifted from his shoulders.

Absolutely - he’s won the biggest prize in club football, he must feel 10 feet tall and to be fair has played like a man with nothing to prove - dedicated, strong, skilful, positive and direct.

Everything a midfielder and leader should be.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #7242: Jan 30, 2020 11:33:20 pm
      I can't remember what game it was but there was a moment after we had won a game where you can see him say to Klopp something along the lines of "Wasn't good enough, that was sh*t" epitomises him as a captain for me and I can't get enough of that mentality.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7243: Jan 31, 2020 11:06:36 am
      RIcky Lambert on LFCTV now absolutely praising Hendo for staying after Brendan tried to swap him for Dempsey. He said he was always going to be a great player .
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #7244: Jan 31, 2020 05:21:51 pm
      RIcky Lambert on LFCTV now absolutely praising Hendo for staying after Brendan tried to swap him for Dempsey. He said he was always going to be a great player .

That forms charater. Can't wait for his dance before lifting the League.

Quick Reply